Author Topic: United Airlines Overbooks Flights - and Beats up a Paying Passenger  (Read 67012 times)

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
Re: United Airlines Overbooks Flights - and Beats up a Paying Passenger
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2017, 11:59:25 PM »

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2017, 02:34:22 AM »

a

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: What happens when United Airlines overbooks a flight?
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2017, 03:44:04 AM »
If the airline have the right to remove a passenger because they overbooked / want that seat
I presume they do have the right ( it is there plane & no doubt can refuse to fly you for whatever reason )

How they remove you & how it looks to others that use their planes - May make the decisions & actions they took Extremely costly to them - No doubt there is a lot of back room meetings going on at united.

They are Suffering now from very bad publicity & no doubt already loosing customers flight revenue to
Other airlines.

They maybe able to legally justify the action they took - That's not going to help them fill there seats when people go fly with another airline.

I think they likely regret there heavy handed action already.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2017, 06:04:47 AM »
good seeing wiggs manhandle kwon like that  8)

Simple Simon

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2017, 06:25:52 AM »
If the airline have the right to remove a passenger because they overbooked / want that seat
I presume they do have the right ( it is there plane & no doubt can refuse to fly you for whatever reason )

How they remove you & how it looks to others that use their planes - May make the decisions & actions they took Extremely costly to them - No doubt there is a lot of back room meetings going on at united.

They are Suffering now from very bad publicity & no doubt already loosing customers flight revenue to
Other airlines.

They maybe able to legally justify the action they took - That's not going to help them fill there seats when people go fly with another airline.

I think they likely regret there heavy handed action already.

People fly on airlines that offer the best value.
I couldnt care less if they drag people off kicking and screaming every day as long as my seats cheap.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2017, 06:37:44 AM »
People fly on airlines that offer the best value.
I couldnt care less if they drag people off kicking and screaming every day as long as my seats cheap.

Yes - agree many do fly if the seats are cheap.
Also many will be put off by the airlines behaviour towards its customers.
Clearly not your goodself...
though being dragged off a plane might interfere with ones contest prep.
- Just to keep it Bodybuilding Related.  ;)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2017, 06:46:17 AM »
a

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2017, 07:10:34 AM »
You got it wrong Vince.  Its a violation of Federal Law to interfere with a flight crew.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/49/46504

49 U.S. Code § 46504 - Interference with flight crew members and attendants

Current through Pub. L. 114-38. (See Public Laws for the current Congress.)

An individual on an aircraft in the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States who, by assaulting or intimidating a flight crew member or flight attendant of the aircraft, interferes with the performance of the duties of the member or attendant or lessens the ability of the member or attendant to perform those duties, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than 20 years, or both. However, if a dangerous weapon is used in assaulting or intimidating the member or attendant, the individual shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.
(Pub. L. 103–272, § 1(e), July 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 1244; Pub. L. 107–56, title VIII, § 811(i), Oct. 26, 2001, 115 Stat. 382.)

Sorry but he didn't violate any laws.  If United Airlines offered him 1650.00 under federal law which is 4 times his ticket, then they would have a case.  They only offered 800 dollars.  He won't be charged with anything because the officer acted improperly in removing him and they've already suspended him.  United Airlines would be crazy to pursue charges

Also from a business side of things....the world sees a 69 year old Asian medical doctor being beaten up and dragged off the flight to make room for 4 United Airlines employees.  People are boycotting the airlines for the incident and for discrimination.  United Airlines is going to lose millions and they are going to have to settle big with this guy....REALLY BIG.  They fucked up and its going to cost them
A

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2017, 07:13:22 AM »
Vince is correct.  United along with the agency that employed the officer are liable to the man for his injuries, IIED, pain and suffering, and the embarrassment and humiliation he suffered. The officer was already placed on leave and it's already been shown that he did not follow protocol, moreover, there is video footage and plenty of eye-witness accounts to inflame a jury.  You wouldn't want to take this case to a jury.

youandme

• Getbig V

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2017, 07:21:19 AM »
Fly United!

a

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2017, 07:24:28 AM »
OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNITED AIRLINES DOCTOR CONVICTED OF EXCHANGING DRUGS FOR SEX

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/united-airlines-doctor-convicted-drugs-sex/

The passenger who was savagely removed from United flight 3411 is a medical doctor with a sordid history.
Dr. David Dao was charged in 2005 with 98 felony drug counts for illegally prescribing and trafficking painkillers. Prosecutors claimed Dao fraudulently filled prescriptions for hydocodone, Oxycontin and Percocet.
Dr. Dao was also convicted on 6 felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud and deceit and in 2005 was given 5 years probation.
Dao was also convicted for writing prescriptions and checks to a patient in exchange for sex.
In February, 2005, Dr. Dao surrendered his license to practice medicine in Kentucky. In 2015 the medical board lifted the suspension and allowed him to practice medicine again. Last year, the medical board imposed restrictions on his right to practice. He can only practice internal medicine in an outpatient facility one day a week.
a

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2017, 07:27:08 AM »
So, it is clear to say.

If one of the flying united whore waitress gave him a blowjob he would of got off the plane for free without a struggle

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2017, 08:02:09 AM »
OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNITED AIRLINES DOCTOR CONVICTED OF EXCHANGING DRUGS FOR SEX

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/united-airlines-doctor-convicted-drugs-sex/

The passenger who was savagely removed from United flight 3411 is a medical doctor with a sordid history.
Dr. David Dao was charged in 2005 with 98 felony drug counts for illegally prescribing and trafficking painkillers. Prosecutors claimed Dao fraudulently filled prescriptions for hydocodone, Oxycontin and Percocet.
Dr. Dao was also convicted on 6 felony counts of obtaining drugs by fraud and deceit and in 2005 was given 5 years probation.
Dao was also convicted for writing prescriptions and checks to a patient in exchange for sex.
In February, 2005, Dr. Dao surrendered his license to practice medicine in Kentucky. In 2015 the medical board lifted the suspension and allowed him to practice medicine again. Last year, the medical board imposed restrictions on his right to practice. He can only practice internal medicine in an outpatient facility one day a week.

So he's a getbigger!!

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2017, 08:03:26 AM »
At least with Malaysian Airlines you get to take off

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2017, 08:10:19 AM »
I used to fly a lot for work from 2000-2010 and it used to be a semi-pleasant experience, especially in first. 

Thankfully, I do not fly anymore.  I don't know how people stand it... pure torture!

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2017, 08:17:56 AM »
musclecenter needed to hit chest and bis the next day.

Simple Simon

« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2017, 08:22:36 AM »

Yes - agree many do fly if the seats are cheap.
Also many will be put off by the airlines behaviour towards its customers.
Clearly not your goodself...
though being dragged off a plane might interfere with ones contest prep.
- Just to keep it Bodybuilding Related.  ;)
if someone asked me to get off a plane and fly me free the day after, put me up in a hotel and give me $800 I would have got off.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2017, 08:34:38 AM »

At least with Malaysian Airlines you get to take off

There is some seriously funny shit being posted in this thread.  Bravo.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2017, 08:48:33 AM »
if someone asked me to get off a plane and fly me free the day after, put me up in a hotel and give me $800 I would have got off.

He's a medical doctor so 800 dollars is peanuts to him.  Of course, now he'll have a peanut farm.  United Airline stocks are way down right now and have lost over 900 million dollars in market capitalization.  This is a PR nightmare of all proportions. 

You know....I'm sure that Pepsi is smiling now since that incident with the protesting mudshark TV ad.   ;D
A

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2017, 08:55:25 AM »
Rumor is that the US Government has awarded United Airlines with a contract to forcibly remove Assad from Syria.

#PhoneKnows
a

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2017, 09:10:30 AM »

It does not matter what religion, race, or what he does in this instance.  United was screwed up wrong.  $900 million in lost stock value because of their stupidity and their idiotic CEO who proved he cannot handle a simple situation.  So many people not going to fly United in the new coming months. Even if only temporary, the lost value and lost revenue is incredible.  And yes, since they did NOT offer four times the value of his ticket, and the Chicago Aviation Authority already suspended and said they were wrong in the procedure, United is screwed.  Also, now, Congress may look into the anti-trust, and other laws these big 4 airlines get (which control 80% of the passenger traffic) which this bull.  The public has had enough.

#boycottunited