Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - info and the trailer  (Read 69786 times)

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - info and the trailer
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »
An ode to what could have been...

a

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »
I have just heard, not seen, yet.

But i am assuming the action-scenes are really good, but the plot-twists and character development and story-progression sucks ass?

Not sure I'd even say that the action scenes are good.  The only stuff that I found interesting was the interaction between Rey/Kylo/Luke.  Everything else they could have cut out.

Most of the stuff that happened in this movie was cringewothy and just super gay.  It goes beyond the SJW, 3rd wave feminism agenda (although that was everywhere), it's just dumb.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2017, 06:48:59 PM »
The contradictions are a huge problem.

Perfect example:

By now, everyone knows that Luke left ten years ago after losing Ben/Kylo to Snoke, his new padawans, and new Jedi Temple.

He goes in search of the first Jedi temple on Ahch-To.

But when Rey arrives, Luke doesn't want to train her. In fact, he has turned on the Jedi and the Force.

"It is time for the Jedi to end." - Luke

But then why go there? If you want to get away from the Jedi way, get away from the Force, why go live on the planet that has the first Jedi temple, the Force tree, and the ancient Jedi texts?

Go somewhere else. Go to some barren world in the outer regions where you will never be found.

It is such a huge blunder. This is how a movie script gets crippled.

Instead of making Luke continue as the legend he is by having him go to Ahch-To on a spiritual quest for knowledge and answers on how to deal with his nephew, Snoke, and The First Order, the script misses the obvious.

It completely changes Luke 180 degrees into this angry, bitter, sullen curmudgeon that just up and decides that he doesn't care about the fate of the galaxy anymore. A galaxy that still has his sister and many of his old friends caught up in the middle of another galactic civil war.

Is it any wonder why Hamill was unhappy with the script and direction of his character? Hamill may not be a writer, but he has lived with the character for forty years.

I know that if I were writing the script, I'd want to talk to him. I may not take his input, but I would want to hear his thoughts to be sure. Fisher's too.

It's just commonsense.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2017, 06:51:56 PM »
My review in .jpg format so not to give away spoilers:

ROTFLMAO! ;D

------------------------------------------------

An ode to what could have been...

Thraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaawn! ;)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »
the obnoxious, fat Asian chick about ruined the entire movie franchise for me.

:D

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2017, 09:04:55 PM »
The problem is simple...

With Star Wars, the writing really needs to be consistent and characters need to remain in character.

After all, this is a saga, not a one-off.

This is what critics and some fans don't understand.

Professional film critics just want something new and fresh to sit through. I argue that Star Wars is different and each film can be seen for what it is individually, but must still be part of the whole, the bigger picture.

Think of each film as a puzzle piece to the same puzzle. It can't be a puzzle piece from a totally different puzzle and then be expected to fit.

Some complaints that The Force Awakens was too much a copy of A New Hope doesn't mean that fans wanted a Star Wars film out of left field that treats established characters poorly and incorrectly, dismisses new characters like they don't matter, and generally seems to piss on a lot of what came before it.

It's really not that complicated.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2017, 01:44:36 AM »

Perfect example:

By now, everyone knows that Luke left ten years ago after losing Ben/Kylo to Snoke, his new padawans, and new Jedi Temple.

But when Rey arrives, Luke doesn't want to train her. In fact, he has turned on the Jedi and the Force.

But then why go there? If you want to get away from the Jedi way, get away from the Force, why go live on the planet that has the first Jedi temple, the Force tree, and the ancient Jedi texts?

Go somewhere else. Go to some barren world in the outer regions where you will never be found.

Instead of making Luke continue as the legend he is by having him go to Ahch-To on a spiritual quest for knowledge and answers on how to deal with his nephew, Snoke, and The First Order, the script misses the obvious.

It completely changes Luke 180 degrees into this angry, bitter, sullen curmudgeon that just up and decides that he doesn't care about the fate of the galaxy anymore. A galaxy that still has his sister and many of his old friends caught up in the middle of another galactic civil war.

Is it any wonder why Hamill was unhappy with the script and direction of his character? Hamill may not be a writer, but he has lived with the character for forty years.

I know that if I were writing the script, I'd want to talk to him. I may not take his input, but I would want to hear his thoughts to be sure. Fisher's too.

It's just commonsense.

Now i understand Marks "I dont like their new direction for Luke Skywalker"-comment etc

Rian Johnson fecked up.
Q

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2017, 05:16:33 AM »
Rian Johnson fecked up.

The more i think about the movie, the more frustrated i get. pure stupidity. pure sjw propaganda.
a

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2017, 05:28:24 AM »
Seems the only good sequel the past 20 years has been Blade Runner 2049.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2017, 05:32:18 AM »
The more i think about the movie, the more frustrated i get. pure stupidity. pure sjw propaganda.

It's only going to get worse... MUCH worse.  Disney is buying everything in sight.

Don't get frustrated, simply don't participate.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #235 on: December 16, 2017, 05:45:59 AM »
The days of the old trilogy / original Star Wars are long gone once Lucas sold his company to the mouse.. Disney is not interested in pleasing the die hard old school Star Wars fan..
The movie is projected to hit $1 billion by next week.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2017, 06:18:40 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2017, 01:56:10 PM »
ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP???

Is Luke doin' the dirty on Rey???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #238 on: December 16, 2017, 08:17:45 PM »

Perfect example:

It's just commonsense.

He went there because, despite significance of the location, it was almost impossible to find.

Plus the food was good.

Luke's bitterness was due to feeling the responsibility for the current state of state.  He made some good points about the jedi.
Y

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »
He went there because, despite significance of the location, it was almost impossible to find.

Plus the food was good.

Luke's bitterness was due to feeling the responsibility for the current state of state.  He made some good points about the jedi.

Luke was as bitter about the current state of state as i am about the current state of Sweden.
Q

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #240 on: December 17, 2017, 06:08:22 AM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2017, 08:31:19 PM »
I went to the prequels in the 90s. People clapped after those movies. This one was like a funeral procession at the let out.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #243 on: December 17, 2017, 09:17:18 PM »
MOS review of The Last Jedi:

Ok,  it sucked and I hate it and hope Rian Johnson's new trilogy is NEVER made.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: December 17, 2017, 09:23:01 PM »
I went to the prequels in the 90s. People clapped after those movies. This one was like a funeral procession at the let out.

Reason it felt that way was because for many of us our childhood was raped and murdered with The Last Jedi.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: December 17, 2017, 09:26:57 PM »
The Last Jedi gives me All new appreciation for the prequels.

Thankfully George Lucas gave us epic Jedi action in those.

Well hope you endorsers of The Last Jedi enjoy the continued saga of the new Disney princess Rey "Mary Sue" Nobody LOL.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: December 17, 2017, 09:43:56 PM »
But hey at least Luke caught a big fish and milked a space walrus.....so not all bad.

::) >:(

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #247 on: December 17, 2017, 10:34:40 PM »
Guys, I've never seen any of the StarWars movies, can you guys recommend how to go about watching these, I mean in terms of order. I want to see what I've been missing out on, but want to do this the right way. Thanks!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2017, 12:54:16 AM »
MOS review of The Last Jedi:

Ok,  it sucked and I hate it and hope Rian Johnson's new trilogy is NEVER made.

Liberal Rian Johnson should not make another movie, ever.
Q

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2017, 05:35:16 AM »
Guys, I've never seen any of the StarWars movies, can you guys recommend how to go about watching these, I mean in terms of order. I want to see what I've been missing out on, but want to do this the right way. Thanks!

4-5-6-1-2-3   Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.
Y