Author Topic: Who were the judges or officials responsible for the change in standards?  (Read 5412 times)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Bodybuildimgnis a combination of size, condition, shape, and presentation. Flex was an illusion. He showed hisnphysique the best and hid his flaws. He was narrow and his shoulders roll forward and he's really thin front to back. He drew attention to the center of his back which distracted from how narrow he was... And his arms did the same. He may have the best arms in the sport but not the rest

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Bodybuildimgnis a combination of size, condition, shape, and presentation. Flex was an illusion. He showed hisnphysique the best and hid his flaws. He was narrow and his shoulders roll forward and he's really thin front to back. He drew attention to the center of his back which distracted from how narrow he was... And his arms did the same. He may have the best arms in the sport but not the erst

Actually, one aspect of bodybuilding has always been about illusion. Hiding your weaknesses. Pick up a number of magazines from the 90s. It was drilled into our heads. Flex in general is not narrow. Compared to Jay, yes. If that's the best you have, that's not really much of an argument. I could rip into Dorian's physique 100 different ways but it's already been done. Flex was closer to physical perfection than Dorian ever was. Hell, Dorian even said if Flex had his mindset he'd be unbeatable. Shawn Ray said Flex when conditioned was Mr. O. Ronnie looked up to Flex before he came Ronnie.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
WIGGS/HOWARD, Sometimes I think I know everything only to find out I actually don't. (But never argue with me when it comes to Quantum Mechanics!)

i had to think to myself out loud after reading Howard's statement and Howard is always truthful even when it comes to self-harm so it's impossible for me to disagree with him and assume that he is correct about the NPC's decision to 'vote for' the bigger guy in that lineup.

Bur as ESFIT pointed out .... a bodybuilding contest is/was simply a matter of comparison and he who "compared the best" would be the winner.

But that 'bigger recommendation' sorta threw the monkey wench into the bodybuilding 'battle'  and somewhat slowly changed the way that things used to be ... and will continue to be until, and if, it dies a slow death on its own or with the help of numerous anti-fans such as those here  on this GetBig Board.

It looks like I intend to agree with Eric so far.

WIGGS, Today's BB contest are no longer intended to be four hour events for those who put their asses in the seats.

But those 4 hour shows could return some day after the contenders get tired of spending twice that amount of time to get on stage and do a 60 second routine.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
flex 93 is the most overrated non mr olympia body ever

a couple pics of his back looking hard and shredded and everybody acts like it was the best ever, he was better in the late 90's

labrada, ray and momo never should've placed as high as they did

great big guy should be great small guy 100 out of 100 times

E
E

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.

Actually, one aspect of bodybuilding has always been about illusion. Hiding your weaknesses. Pick up a number of magazines from the 90s. It was drilled into our heads. Flex in general is not narrow. Compared to Jay, yes. If that's the best you have, that's not really much of an argument. I could rip into Dorian's physique 100 different ways but it's already been done. Flex was closer to physical perfection than Dorian ever was. Hell, Dorian even said if Flex had his mindset he'd be unbeatable. Shawn Ray said Flex when conditioned was Mr. O. Ronnie looked up to Flex before he came Ronnie.

Flex is narrow and his shoulders roll forward. Only when theyre site injected does he appear wide. Look at his lat spreads and when his arms go overhead, his shoulders are nearly as wide as his hips.

Nobody on a pro stage has ever thought to themselves "i dont want to get any bigger or freakier".. Nobody. Everybody's goal now as well as 40yrs ago, has been to be as big and lean as possible.

Anonymous

• Getbig II
Nobody on a pro stage has ever thought to themselves "i dont want to get any bigger or freakier".. Nobody. Everybody's goal now as well as 40yrs ago, has been to be as big and lean as possible.
How is that working out today? Lots of big freaky competitors, but not too many tight waists or good proportions.

The freakshow isn't good. Late 80s to early 90s was the best era  (After gaspari ushered in a new era of conditioning and before Dorian)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
The mind(s) of whover is running or giving direction of how physiques should look is/are severely warped.
He/they don't give a shit about these bodybuilders health or well being. The risk has so far surpassed the rewards. The best thing would be that the Manions and Weinbergers were not there anymore. Everyone's always afraid to say their names or place the blame because the Mafia way they run things. It is what it is.  Obviously they'd need to be replaced with people that have sense. All a dream I know but I'm just putting out what I feel and what some think. They are the bosses of this mess.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Its a business. Its never been about health or well being. Its about ticket sales. Nobody wants to gobtoba pro show and see team universe physique. The ifbb pro stages are where ifbb pros compete with ifbb pros. If somebody doesn't like the physiques, there's always regional npc or natural/team universe shows and competitors to follow.

If somebody doesn't like the way NASCAR bodys look, they can always watch SCCA touring car championships instead... NASCAR isn't gonna change.

If somebody doesn't like powerlifting meets with guys in full gear benching 1095lbs, they can always chose to follow raw drug tested meets instead.

You can't stop progress.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
I wouldn't even class any of the modern guys as mass monsters in the mould of fux, Nasser, yates, dillet..I cant think of any that compare?

Simple Simon

everyone keeps saying the mass monsters are getting bigger, the only thing that's adding the extra weight is their waistlines.

the muscles are no bigger these days than they were in the 90s

guys who now weigh 240lb are the 210/215 guys with a bloated waist

falco

• Getbig V
Follow the semen stains.

HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA!
Man,, that was funny!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
What Wiggs said about Manion and his henchmen. They are there until they no longer want to be.

So, who looks better than this dude did way back in 1947?

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
What Wiggs said about Manion and his hencemen. They are there until they no longer want to be.

So, who looks better than this dude did way back in 1947?

Likely No 1 genetic for bodybuilding of all time.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Almost everybody now has a back that would rival Momo's or Haney's and quads to match. Thats were the extra weight is. You cant fit 30lbs in your midsection. More muscle = more glycogen = intramuscular water. A gram of glycogen will pull with it 10grams of water More water = more lbs on the scale.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Who is responsible?

I'll get in trouble for this, but it was two guys, one named Dan, and the other was Fred.

Find them, and you can fix this travesty.
Y

falco

• Getbig V
Almost everybody now has a back that would rival Momo's or Haney's and quads to match. Thats were the extra weight is. You cant fit 30lbs in your midsection. More muscle = more glycogen = intramuscular water. A gram of glycogen will pull with it 10grams of water More water = more lbs on the scale.

Yes the extra weight is in the legs, but you can fit those 30lbs in the waistline. Who today can even try to do a vaccum pose?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
everyone keeps saying the mass monsters are getting bigger, the only thing that's adding the extra weight is their waistlines.

the muscles are no bigger these days than they were in the 90s

guys who now weigh 240lb are the 210/215 guys with a bloated waist

well said - often overlooked or not mentioned.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Yes the extra weight is in the legs, but you can fit those 30lbs in the waistline. Who today can even try to do a vaccum pose?

Youre even more clueless than i thought. Blazing obvious you understand nothing about training, anatomy, physiology, and everything else and you're only here to troll. Go take 30 1lb steaks and wrap about 15 or 20 around your stomach, the other 10-15 imagine being inside your midsection and you come back and tellnusnall if those 30lbs will fit... Be sure to subtract a few inches off your fat gut to imagine you're actually in shape.

Simple Simon

Youre even more clueless than i thought. Blazing obvious you understand nothing about training, anatomy, physiology, and everything else and you're only here to troll. Go take 30 1lb steaks and wrap about 15 or 20 around your stomach, the other 10-15 imagine being inside your midsection and you come back and tellnusnall if those 30lbs will fit... Be sure to subtract a few inches off your fat gut to imagine you're actually in shape.
said the guy who knows fuck all about anything
my neighbour has zero muscle tissue and has a beer belly, hes the same height as me and weighs 30lb heavier on a similar bone structure.

Now, you go and wrap 30lb of beef around your entire body, its the only way you will ever add any muscle tissue.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
said the guy who knows fuck all about anything
my neighbour has zero muscle tissue and has a beer belly, hes the same height as me and weighs 30lb heavier on a similar bone structure.

Now, you go and wrap 30lb of beef around your entire body, its the only way you will ever add any muscle tissue.

I know fuck all about anything? Lol.. We can compare resumes poser... Or we can just look back throu Gh post histories.. Who gives informed answers? Who's contributes nothing but trolling daily.

Continue your obsession with me scarecrow

Simple Simon

I know fuck all about anything? Lol.. We can compare resumes poser... Or we can just look back throu Gh post histories.. Who gives informed answers? Who's contributes nothing but trolling daily.

Continue your obsession with me scarecrow
lets compare photos....

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
The best "looking" physique should prevail regardless of height or bodyweight.

This has truly fucked up "the sport" of bodybuilding.

A monstrosity like Branch Warren should never place top 5 these days nevermind taking overall trophies.  :(