Author Topic: The Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theory (aka The Big Lie)  (Read 224084 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Trump-Russia Conspiracy Theory
« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2017, 09:49:21 AM »
He's often said ; Russia didn't hack .  ( Trump's own words on Fox news)

Then he says, Obama knew it was Russia (Putin) and did nothing about the hacking.

So which one is true?
Does Trump think Russia hacked or not?

Phishing not same as hacking

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #126 on: July 10, 2017, 04:36:26 PM »
He's often said ; Russia didn't hack .  ( Trump's own words on Fox news)

Then he says, Obama knew it was Russia (Putin) and did nothing about the hacking.

So which one is true?
Does Trump think Russia hacked or not?

I don't care what he said.  I'm asking about what YOU keep saying.  How, precisely, did Russia "hack" our election? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: July 10, 2017, 04:37:55 PM »
History will not be kind to the tinfoil hat dummies pushing this loony conspiracy theory. 

Donald Trump Jr., in sarcastic tweet, mocks report on Russia lawyer meeting
Published July 10, 2017
Fox News

Donald Trump Jr. on Monday used a sarcastic tweet to mock The New York Times’ reporting on a meeting he and other Trump associates had last summer with a Russian lawyer who supposedly lured them with the hint of Hillary Clinton dirt.

“Obviously I'm the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent... went nowhere but had to listen,” the president’s son tweeted.

Donald Trump Jr. ✔ @DonaldJTrumpJr
Obviously I'm the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent... went nowhere but had to listen. https://twitter.com/DRUDGE_REPORT/status/884390823881719808
2:55 AM - 10 Jul 2017
  4,382 4,382 Retweets   12,949 12,949 likes

Fox News anchor and attorney says Donald Trump Jr. has a perfectly reasonable explanation for meeting with Kremlin-linked lawyer during the presidential campaign
The reports, though, were causing new headaches for the Trump family with regard to congressional investigations, as a senior Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee said Monday the panel should now question Trump's eldest son.

Sen. Susan Collins of Maine told reporters that "our intelligence committee needs to interview him and others who attended the meeting" as part of the panel's probe into Russian interference in last year's election and possible collusion between Russian officials and the Trump campaign.

The Times has published a series of reports on the meeting with lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, leading to varying explanations from the Trump team. Trump’s eldest son initially said it was primarily about allowing Americans to adopt Russian children and “mentioned nothing about Mrs. Clinton.”

He later acknowledged he was told the Russian individual “might have information helpful to the campaign.”

During the meeting, Trump Jr. said in a statement, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton.” But he said her statements “were vague, ambiguous and made no sense” and it “became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

He said, “She then changed subjects and began discussing the adoption of Russian children and mentioned the Magnitsky Act. It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting.”

The meeting with Veselnitskaya was also attended by Paul J. Manafort, Trump’s campaign chairman at the time, and Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, according to The Times.

Donald Trump Jr. claimed Monday his statements were consistent.

“No inconsistency in statements, meeting ended up being primarily about adoptions. In response to further Q's I simply provided more details,” he tweeted.

Donald Trump Jr. also tweeted out a news article Monday morning that called the Times report a “big yawn.” 

The reports could pose new complications for Trump associates and family members, though, as the president has sought to downplay any suggestion of coordination during the campaign with the Russians.

Mark Corallo, a spokesman for President Trump’s outside legal team, reportedly said, “The president was not aware of and did not attend the meeting."

The Associated Press also reported Monday that a music publicist says he set up the meeting on behalf of a client in Moscow named Emin Agalarov.

In a statement to The Associated Press on Monday, Rob Goldstone said the lawyer said she had information about purported illegal campaign contributions to the Democratic National Committee that she thought Donald Trump Jr. might find helpful.

Goldstone says Trump Jr. agreed to squeeze the meeting into a tight schedule. Trump appeared in a music video with Agalarov in 2013. The video was filmed while Trump was in Russia for the Miss Universe pageant.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/10/donald-trump-jr-in-sarcastic-tweet-mocks-report-on-russia-lawyer-meeting.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »
Alan Dershowitz: 'I Don't See a Crime' With Don Jr.
By Todd Beamon   |   Tuesday, 11 Jul 2017

Harvard Law School professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz told Newsmax TV on Tuesday that "I don't see a crime" in Donald Trump Jr.'s meeting last year with a lawyer with ties to the Russian government.

"Even if there was coordination, even if the worst-case scenario as far as we know now is the Russians getting in touch with Trump Jr. and saying: 'We have some dirt on Hillary Clinton. Come. We'll give it to you,'" he told Miranda Khan on "America Talks Live" in an interview.

See "America Taks Live" on Newsmax TV: Tune in beginning at 12 p.m. ET on DirecTV 349, U-verse 1220, FiOS 615, YouTube Livestream, Newsmax TV App from any smartphone, NewsmaxTV.com, Roku, Amazon Fire — More Systems Here

"And he goes and gets the information.

"That's what The New York Times did in the Pentagon Papers. That's what The Washington Post did and many other newspapers did with information from [Edward] Snowden and [Chelsea] Manning.

"You are allowed legally to use material that was obtained illegally, as long as you had nothing to do with the illegal nature of obtaining the information.

"So, at the moment, I see no legal jeopardy for Trump Jr.," Dershowitz concluded, "but of course we have to know more facts.

"Simply using the material that you know was obtained illegally is not at the moment regarded as a crime.

"It would be wrong to prosecute somebody for that non-crime."

Important: Newsmax TV is available on DIRECTV Ch. 349, U-Verse 1220, and Fios 615. If your cable operator does not have Newsmax TV just call and ask them to put us on — Call toll-free 1-844-500-6397 and we will connect you right away to your cable operator!

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/crime-meeting-lawyer-collusion/2017/07/11/id/801123/

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2017, 03:27:51 PM »
Howard, the same thing could be turned around to the other side.  You know, the side making the accusation.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »
Interdasting. The plot thickens!

a

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »
Hopefully he dosen't talk the the alpha male sitting next to his wife, in front of all those people.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2017, 03:56:52 PM »
[/youtube]

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2017, 04:49:08 AM »
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2017, 12:13:37 PM »
'Straightforward' Kushner Testifies for 3 Hours Before House Panel
Jared Kushner departs after a second day of testimony on Capitol Hill. (Reuters)
Tuesday, 25 Jul 2017

Two key members of President Donald Trump's presidential campaign met Tuesday with congressional investigators probing Russia's interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion with Trump associates.

Trump's son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner returned to Capitol Hill for a second day of private meetings, this time for a closed-door conversation with lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee.

Separately, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort met with bipartisan staff of the Senate Intelligence Committee and "answered their questions fully," his spokesman, Jason Maloni, said.

Manafort's discussion with the committee staff was confined to his recollection of a June 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower, according to two people familiar with the interview. Both demanded anonymity to discuss details because the interview occurred behind closed doors.

Manafort also turned over his contemporaneous notes documenting the meeting, one said. The other person said Manafort has agreed to additional interviews with the Senate intelligence committee staff on other topics. Those meetings haven't yet been scheduled.

Both Manafort and Kushner have faced scrutiny about attending the Trump Tower meeting because it was described in emails to Donald Trump Jr. as part of a Russian government effort to aid Trump's presidential campaign.

Kushner spent about three hours Tuesday behind closed doors with the House committee.

"I found him to be straightforward, forthcoming, wanted to answer every question we had," said Republican Rep. Mike Conaway of Texas, who is leading the panel's Russia probe. He said Kushner was willing to follow up with the committee if it has additional questions.

The committee's ranking Democrat, Rep. Adam Schiff of California, said the questions touched on "a range of issues the committee had been concerned about."

"We appreciate his voluntary willingness to come and testify today," Schiff added.

On Monday, Kushner answered questions from staff on the Senate's intelligence panel, acknowledging four meetings with Russians during and after Trump's victorious White House bid and insisting he had "nothing to hide." He emerged smiling to publicly declare, "All of my actions were proper."

In an 11-page statement, he acknowledged his Russian contacts during the campaign and immediately after the election, in which he served as a liaison between the transition and foreign governments. He described each contact as either insignificant or routine and he said the meetings, along with several others, were omitted from his security clearance form because of an aide's error. Kushner cast himself as a political novice learning in real time to juggle "thousands of meetings and interactions" in a fast-paced campaign.

"Let me be very clear," Kushner said afterward in a rare public statement at the White House. "I did not collude with Russia, nor do I know of anyone else in the campaign who did so."

Kushner's statement was the first detailed defense from a campaign insider responding to the controversy that has all but consumed the first six months of Trump's presidency. U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia sought to tip the 2016 campaign in Trump's favor. Congressional committees, as well as a Justice Department special counsel, are investigating whether Trump associates coordinated with Russia in that effort and whether the president has sought to hamper the investigations.

Trump tweeted Tuesday that "Jared Kushner did very well yesterday in proving he did not collude with the Russians. Witch Hunt. Next up, 11 year old Barron Trump!"

Meanwhile, Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley and Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein announced they issued a subpoena for Manafort to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee at a public hearing Wednesday. They said they had been unable to reach agreement with Manafort on the terms of a private and voluntary interview with staff.

In addition, the committee was withdrawing a separate subpoena issued for the co-founder of a research firm behind a dossier of allegations about Trump and his ties to Russia. Instead, Glenn Simpson has agreed to a private interview, according to a person familiar with the conversations who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Emails released this month show that the president's son, Donald Trump Jr., accepted the June 2016 meeting with the idea that he would receive information as part of a Russian government effort to help Trump's campaign. But Kushner said he hadn't seen those emails until recently shown them by his lawyers.

Kushner, in his statement for the two intelligence committees, called the meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya such a "waste of time" that he asked his assistant to call him out of the gathering.

"No part of the meeting I attended included anything about the campaign; there was no follow-up to the meeting that I am aware of; I do not recall how many people were there (or their names), and I have no knowledge of any documents being offered or accepted," he said.

Kushner also confirmed earlier media reports that he had suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities to set up secure communications between Trump adviser Michael Flynn, who would become Trump's national security adviser, and Russian officials. But he disputed that it was an effort to establish a "secret back channel."

His statement describes a December meeting with Flynn and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in which Kushner and Kislyak discussed establishing a secure line for the Trump transition team and Moscow to communicate about policy in Syria.

Kushner said that when Kislyak asked if there was a secure way for him to provide information from his "generals," Kushner suggested using facilities at the Russian Embassy.

"The ambassador said that would not be possible and so we all agreed that we would receive this information after the Inauguration. Nothing else occurred," the statement said.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Trump-Russia-Probe-Kushner/2017/07/25/id/803708/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2017, 02:44:20 PM »
So,I'm guessing some of think this Russia thing is still a "nothing burger".

Ok,  ;)   The truth will be out soon fellas.

I think you're on to something here.  I bet the truth about Trump being a Russian puppet breaks at the same time we see the video of Ted Cruz sleeping with prostitutes and discovery of the Cruz love child.  Book it.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2017, 02:59:23 PM »
....How, precisely, did Russia "hack" our election? 

Why do you suppose precisely how the Russians did the hack isn't available to the public?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2017, 03:04:56 PM »

Jared attempted to set the scope of the hearing by making public his address to them beforehand.

Why should we believe President Trump knows what was said during yesterday's hearing?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2017, 03:21:47 PM »
Why do you suppose precisely how the Russians did the hack isn't available to the public?

What precisely do you mean by "hack"? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2017, 08:27:57 PM »
The Week the Russia Conspiracy Theory Fell Apart
by JOEL B. POLLAK
28 Jul 2017

The Russia conspiracy theory so beloved by the media and the Democratic Party fell apart this week — though it was easy to miss, amidst the chaos at the White House and the collapse of Congress’s effort to repeal Obamacare.
Investor William Browder testified at the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday that Fusion GPS, the firm that had been responsible for creating and pushing the so-called “Russia dossier” against Donald Trump, had been paid by the Russian government to push for the repeal of the human rights sanctions in the Magnitsky Act of 2012. In other words, the Russian government may have been paying to smear Trump with false and salacious accusations.

Until now, the media and the Democrats have proceeded under the assumption that Russia intervened in the 2016 election by hacking the email server of the Democratic National Committee, as well as the private email of Hillary Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, and releasing their emails via Wikileaks. They have further claimed — with no evidence — that the Trump campaign may have colluded with the Russians in obtaining or releasing the emails.

The entire theory rests on the ridiculous claim that Trump had invited Russia to hack Clinton and the Democrats when he joked last July about the Russians releasing the emails Clinton had deleted from her illicit private server.  (The left-wing HuffPost observed Thursday as the anniversary that Trump “asked for Russian help in the election.”) That joke prompted then-CIA director John Brennan to convene an investigation of alleged Russian interference.

In fact, it turns out that Russia may have been trying to undermine Trump. And it may have done so in collusion with the Democrats. The Wall Street Journal‘s Kimberly Strassel noted Thursday that Fusion GPS has ties to the Democrats — and will not reveal who paid it for the dossier. Strassel asked: “What if it was the Democratic National Committee or Hillary Clinton’s campaign?” The money could have passed through intermediaries, she added.

That means the real story of collusion in the 2016 election could be that Democrats were working with Russia. And that would make sense, given their long history of appeasing the Russians, under both Clinton and Barack Obama.

Or the truth could be that Russia was trying to embarrass both parties, to weaken the eventual winner. Browder told the Senate Judiciary Committee that it is common for Russia to back both sides in elections, simply to create chaos.

Regardless, the Russia conspiracy theory has now collapsed. There is no evidence that Russia was colluding with the Trump campaign. But there is evidence Russia was working against it. And the truth is only beginning to emerge.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/28/week-russia-conspiracy-theory-fell-apart/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2017, 09:04:53 PM »
The Week the Russia Conspiracy Theory Fell Apart
by JOEL B. POLLAK
28 Jul 2017

The Russia conspiracy theory so beloved by the media and the Democratic Party fell apart this week — though it was easy to miss, amidst the chaos at the White House and the collapse of Congress’s effort to repeal Obamacare.
Investor William Browder testified at the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday that Fusion GPS, the firm that had been responsible for creating and pushing the so-called “Russia dossier” against Donald Trump, had been paid by the Russian government to push for the repeal of the human rights sanctions in the Magnitsky Act of 2012. In other words, the Russian government may have been paying to smear Trump with false and salacious accusations.

Until now, the media and the Democrats have proceeded under the assumption that Russia intervened in the 2016 election by hacking the email server of the Democratic National Committee, as well as the private email of Hillary Clinton campaign chair John Podesta, and releasing their emails via Wikileaks. They have further claimed — with no evidence — that the Trump campaign may have colluded with the Russians in obtaining or releasing the emails.

The entire theory rests on the ridiculous claim that Trump had invited Russia to hack Clinton and the Democrats when he joked last July about the Russians releasing the emails Clinton had deleted from her illicit private server.  (The left-wing HuffPost observed Thursday as the anniversary that Trump “asked for Russian help in the election.”) That joke prompted then-CIA director John Brennan to convene an investigation of alleged Russian interference.

In fact, it turns out that Russia may have been trying to undermine Trump. And it may have done so in collusion with the Democrats. The Wall Street Journal‘s Kimberly Strassel noted Thursday that Fusion GPS has ties to the Democrats — and will not reveal who paid it for the dossier. Strassel asked: “What if it was the Democratic National Committee or Hillary Clinton’s campaign?” The money could have passed through intermediaries, she added.

That means the real story of collusion in the 2016 election could be that Democrats were working with Russia. And that would make sense, given their long history of appeasing the Russians, under both Clinton and Barack Obama.

Or the truth could be that Russia was trying to embarrass both parties, to weaken the eventual winner. Browder told the Senate Judiciary Committee that it is common for Russia to back both sides in elections, simply to create chaos.

Regardless, the Russia conspiracy theory has now collapsed. There is no evidence that Russia was colluding with the Trump campaign. But there is evidence Russia was working against it. And the truth is only beginning to emerge.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/28/week-russia-conspiracy-theory-fell-apart/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
Amazing how this is starting to make a 360 on the democrats.  They might wish they never opened up this can of worms.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: August 01, 2017, 11:58:49 AM »
What precisely do you mean by "hack"? 

Sometimes you ask the stupidest questions.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2017, 12:01:17 PM »
Every major political scandal has 2 sides that act like devoted fans of their team.

During Watergate, the staunchest Nixon supporters never lost faith in Nixon.
Despite a mountain of clear evidence for corruption they blamed democrats and the media instead.

Now we have the Trump/Russia issue and various details are coming in daily.
The liberal democrats are chomping at the bit to impeach Trump and find him guilty, yesterday.
The Trump supporters claim it's a " nothing burger" and ridicule the media for covering it.

The reality is that we have a real investigation on Trump/Russia with special consul ( Mueller) investigating.
While it doesn't look good for Pres. Trump , we've got a ways to go until the final verdict.

I see a lot of rush to judgment or complete denial.
We need a lot more basic, objectivity on this.
Sadly, I see BOTH sides acting like fools.

One side has the hanging noose up and the other wants to ignore anything that makes him look bad
Let's take a deep breath and allow the facts to tell the truth here.

Where's the fun in this?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 01, 2017, 02:23:13 PM »
Sometimes you ask the stupidest questions.

If you weren't so old and I didn't respect my elders I would say something pretty disrespectful right about now. 

In any event, you apparently cannot answer the question either. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2017, 02:34:15 PM »
If you weren't so old and I didn't respect my elders I would say something pretty disrespectful right about now. 

In any event, you apparently cannot answer the question either. 

Most of us here can't fully answer that...but this guy can .
He has the expertise and experience, plus he wrote a book
" The Plot to Hack America" by Malcolm Nance , who worked for the CIA, NSA, etc
I suggest you read his book . I did and found it quite informative and interesting

Stop asking "smart ass" gotcha questions and read up like me and others
IF you really want the best possible answers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2017, 02:35:06 PM »
Most of us here can't fully answer that...but this guy can .
He has the expertise and experience, plus he wrote a book
" The Plot to Hack America" by Malcolm Nance , who worked for the CIA, NSA, etc
I suggest you read his book . I did and found it quite informative and interesting

Stop asking "smart ass" gotcha questions and read up like me and others
IF you really want the best possible answers.

::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2017, 02:48:23 PM »
That's it...rolling the eyes? Really?
For weeks you've been requesting that I define and explain the Russian hacking.
I lack the expertise, so I opted to provide my best source for my information and opinions on this.
I gave a serious answer and source plus a book title for in depth answers.
Here is a link to provide a basic public bio on Malcolm Nance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Nance

If you think his book and info are "bs" please cite your reasons, sources, etc and let us know
why you refute it?  Thanks.

Listen troll, I'm not clicking on any link you post.  If I'm dealing with someone who isn't a troll, I will typically read whatever they ask.  But you?  I've read enough of your crap on the board to know you are a troll.  A very familiar troll. 

If you want to explain, in your own words, what you mean by "hacking," precisely how Russia "hacked" our election, and how Trump was involved, I'd be happy to read and respond.  Otherwise, go pound sand. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2017, 02:54:47 PM »
You mad bro?  ;)

Case closed.

Oh yes.  Seething.  Can't you tell?   ::)