Author Topic: Gay: choice or natural orientation?  (Read 21848 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Gay: choice or natural orientation?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 07:29:14 AM »
Ask yourself this:

Would you want to be gay?

Would you want to be black?

Would you want to be muslim?

Would you want to be John McCain?

Q

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 07:32:13 AM »
there is a concrete answer; animals engage in homosexual sex, animals that exist entirely in nature. does anyone need the etymology of the word natural?

Animals also eat their own young and engage in reproduction with their own offspring.

Also natural. Some animals are able to reproduce via a sexual reproduction.

Is this what you were trying to accomplish with your answer?

It's a 100% fact that all homosexual and bisexual orientation is biological. Good.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 07:33:34 AM »
With all the hate and rejection (even by friends and family) why would you not chose being Heterosexual ?

Or better yet :

Heterosexual : natural orientation or choice ?

... And If you can chose being hetero why go gay ?

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   LEVRO` NEEEEEEEEE

Is it completely a choice? People choose to be outcasts all the time.

Again interesting question.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 08:02:07 AM »
In a nutshell, mostly natural orientation but some element of choice both on the part of the culture at large and at the level of the individual:
Individual: more people are somewhat bisexual (natural orientation) than we tend to think. As they become adults, these people may push themselves one way or another depending on many factors.
Culture: use the Greeks as an example. Modern day Greeks are more or less like every body else, but huge numbers of older men loved younger men or boys in ancient Greece and the younger men and their parents went right along with it. Greeks' genetics and natural orientation did not change; the culture changed.

All that said, you are mainly the way you were born (your genes).

rangerwil

• Getbig III
  • Straight as an arrow but gay as fuck!
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 08:21:18 AM »
zzzzzzzzz

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2017, 08:34:24 AM »
mental disorder

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2017, 08:44:59 AM »
Seems the OP is trying to figure out why he feels a tingling sensation in his pants when he watches oiled up men in thongs posing.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2017, 09:06:38 AM »
In a nutshell, mostly natural orientation but some element of choice both on the part of the culture at large and at the level of the individual:
Individual: more people are somewhat bisexual (natural orientation) than we tend to think. As they become adults, these people may push themselves one way or another depending on many factors.
Culture: use the Greeks as an example. Modern day Greeks are more or less like every body else, but huge numbers of older men loved younger men or boys in ancient Greece and the younger men and their parents went right along with it. Greeks' genetics and natural orientation did not change; the culture changed.

All that said, you are mainly the way you were born (your genes).

Good answer, it's noteworthy that the Greeks sexual interest in children wasn't  shunned but embraced.

Is the thought that pedophilia (or whatever other type of sexuality society has classified as deviant) is actually a natural genetic orientation then?

Natural predisposition is an interesting perspective.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2017, 09:53:18 AM »
Good answer, it's noteworthy that the Greeks sexual interest in children wasn't  shunned but embraced.

Is the thought that pedophilia (or whatever other type of sexuality society has classified as deviant) is actually a natural genetic orientation then?

Natural predisposition is an interesting perspective.

Maybe on pedophilia to some extent but I am going to go with two other factors.
A poster above has posted "mental disorder" and I don't altogether disagree with that post. While the primary factor is genes (which are natural, not a disorder) and culture is next, a third factor is traumatic experiences when young (mental disorder). These certainly contribute to pedophilia and can even contribute to being gay (not a poplular view among today's gays).

The other factor is morality (part of culture). The main reason Greek attitudes have changed is most likely the adoption of Christian morality in the more modern era. The moral concepts that most of us (Christian or not) now possess have us disapproving of what ancient Greeks did with very young persons regardless of whether their impulse came from natural orientation, culture, or mental disorder.  On the other hand, most but not all of us are comfortable with what consenting adults want to do or who they want to love.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2017, 11:33:14 AM »
I don't know, but I can only go by what I've seen since I'm good friends with some homos.

It seems to me that there is at least two types.  Real gays that might be born that way, and confused mentally ill experimenters. 

Regardless, it doesn't affect me.  Do what you want to whomever you want as far as I'm concerned.  If God thinks you've done something wrong then you will be judged...like the rest of us.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2017, 11:33:24 AM »
Interesting topic, but in my opinion MPH said it best regarding the 'moral' connection.

But haven't the experts within this field 'discovered' the facts that would answer this question.

As an aside .... In this day and age it does appear that more 'straight guys' seem to enjoy 'experimenting' when it comes to any type of activity relating to any type of sexual activity.

In my day ... what was once  considered to he 'taboo'  and never even given any serious thought nor consideration ....  is now somewhat common and acceptable.

What brought that change about and how will it all be 50 years from now?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2017, 11:56:56 AM »
Interesting topic, but in my opinion MPH said it best regarding the 'moral' connection.

But haven't the experts within this field 'discovered' the facts that would answer this question.

As an aside .... In this day and age it does appear that more 'straight guys' seem to enjoy 'experimenting' when it comes to any type of activity relating to any type of sexual activity.

In my day ... what was once  considered to he 'taboo'  and never even given any serious thought nor consideration ....  is now somewhat common and acceptable.

It still took place it was more of a secret though.

See Ric Drasin and his recent release of his old videos.

There's nothing new under the sun, people are more connected and public. Because of social media and public shaming the minority seem like the majority.

Someone mentioned that media coverage of public shootings makes it seem like its an epidemic, yet with over 320 million citizens the shootings make up a miniscule amount of the crime/death rate. Coverage makes it seem far more prominent.

Same thing here, according to a government census  1.6% of Americans identify as gay or lesbian and .7 % identify as bisexual.  Gallup data suggests 4% of the population identified as LGBT and 7.3 % of millennials are LGBT.

Miniscule numbers that look larger.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2017, 12:45:59 PM »
I don't know, but I can only go by what I've seen since I'm good friends with some homos.

It seems to me that there is at least two types.  Real gays that might be born that way, and confused mentally ill experimenters. 

I completely agree with the "two types" concept expressed above. I would add persons born with bisexual orientation who push themselves or get pushed in a certain direction by various factors such as who they fall in love with, what society wants them to do, what circumstances they end up in (e.g., church, prison, submarine, etc.).

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2017, 01:45:43 PM »
You can choose how gay you act and look.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »

and how will it all be 50 years from now?

A Fcuking sight worse than it is now.
& it's already in a right mess.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 02:25:10 PM »
DAVE, I sorta, kinda, completely agree with you regarding the following statement that you made above ...."Because of social media and public shaming the minority seem like the majority."

BUT ... I still believe that most everything related to any type of sexual activity was far less in number than it is today .... regardless of the internet's social media, etc., etc.

Prior to the Beatnik and the Hippy days, (1960's) we were in somewhat of a Victorian age (relatively speaking) regarding all things sexual.

And when 'free sex' became a relatively common practice in the early 1960's ... the shit hit the fan and eventually led to the death of many thousands.

15 minutes later ..... after feeding the animals ... I forgot the point that I was trying to make ..... but sexual activity  and everything related to sexual activity has changed immensely since I first got involved in the game.

And I'm sure those changes will continue as time advances,

So that is why I have asked, "What will be going on 59 years from now?"

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 02:38:33 PM »

Regardless, it doesn't affect me.  Do what you want to whomever you want as far as I'm concerned.  If God thinks you've done something wrong then you will be judged...like the rest of us.
Why am I not surprised......

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »
If being gay is to have sex with another man, its a voluntary choice.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 03:26:05 PM »
America 2017: Being gay is a choice but being fat is genetic.

Simple Simon

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »
and how will it all be 50 years from now?

A Fcuking sight worse than it is now.
& it's already in a right mess.

just over 50 years ago it was illegal to be gay in the UK
in 50 years time people will be marrying farm animals

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »
just over 50 years ago it was illegal to be gay in the UK
in 50 years time people will be marrying farm animals

It's even legal to be a Liberal these days so it wouldn't surprise me.
Q

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2017, 03:51:55 PM »
I think for men it's not a choice but for a lot of woman I do think it is a choice.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 04:41:08 PM »
This question will spin around on its head forever as long as "choice" is so wrongly understood.

"You choose how to act but not how to feel." R-e-eally? ???

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 04:55:00 PM »
This question will spin around on its head forever as long as "choice" is so wrongly understood.

"You choose how to act but not how to feel." R-e-eally? ???

Not so fast. We feel a million different things.  Being gay is just as much about how we act as how we feel.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2017, 05:15:01 PM »
Why am I not surprised......

You aren't surprised because being a member of Getbig.com already proved that I'm willing to hang out with reprobates.