Author Topic: The POTUS that actually made America great again , Ronald Reagan  (Read 10196 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This is how a real leader speaks and conducts himself.
Happy 4th of July Mr President, we miss you.

ChestRockwell

• Getbig II
Re: The POTUS that actually made America great again , Ronald Reagan
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 07:40:05 AM »
It really is a fascinating phenomenon to see how fondly he is remembered despite having a largely failed presidency that could have ended in impeachment.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 09:20:03 AM »
This is how a real leader speaks and conducts himself.
Happy 4th of July Mr President, we miss you.

You realize of course, that Ronald Reagan was the second stupidest president after Trump?

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 09:34:21 AM »
You realize of course, that Ronald Reagan was the second stupidest president after Trump?

Not even close....house plants are smarter than Carter and obama

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 09:41:29 AM »
"presidents" in the US are little more than figureheads, they have next to no power. how do you think you end up with ex actors, reality tv stars, previous president sons, nearly previous president's wife. it's pretty remarkable these people just so happened to possess the elite level political ability you'd expect would be necessary to reach the top of the political pile in a country of 300 odd million.

obama was the only recent one with any actual political acumen.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
"presidents" in the US are little more than figureheads, they have next to no power. how do you think you end up with ex actors, reality tv stars, previous president sons, nearly previous president's wife. it's pretty remarkable these people just so happened to possess the elite level political ability you'd expect would be necessary to reach the top of the political pile in a country of 300 odd million.

Very weak troll.

Study Goodrum's threads for a lesson in trolling (and for you, usually an added bonus of sucking dick).

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »
Very weak troll.

Study Goodrum's threads for a lesson in trolling (and for you, usually an added bonus of sucking dick).

so you really think that a reality tv star who after speaking to china PM for 10 mins admitted he "didn't realise that the korean peninsula issue was so complicated" is actually afforded any meaningful power? lol

if you haven't got anything sensible to contribute why not just get lost. this is the political board dude. it's probably a bit highbrow for your brain to cope with.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 12:36:44 PM »
so you really think that a reality tv star who after speaking to china PM for 10 mins admitted he "didn't realise that the korean peninsula issue was so complicated" is actually afforded any meaningful power? lol

if you haven't got anything sensible to contribute why not just get lost. this is the political board dude. it's probably a bit highbrow for your brain to cope with.

You elected Theresa May.

Tell us about her brilliant political strategy.

You are a goatfuckerfucker!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 02:14:48 PM »

O Rly?  So he doesn't appoint Supreme Court justices and all of the judges on the federal bench, which has a direct impact on the lives of every day Americans?  He's not the commander in chief of the armed forces?  He doesn't appoint the heads of all of the federal agencies that have a direct impact on the lives of everyday Americans? 

Wait.  Are you Canadian? 

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »
O Rly?  So he doesn't appoint Supreme Court justices and all of the judges on the federal bench, which has a direct impact on the lives of every day Americans?  He's not the commander in chief of the armed forces?  He doesn't appoint the heads of all of the federal agencies that have a direct impact on the lives of everyday Americans? 

Wait.  Are you Canadian? 

yeh sure in a "figurehead" capacity he no doubt makes tons of "decisions".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »
yeh sure in a "figurehead" capacity he no doubt makes tons of "decisions".

I just gave you concrete examples. 

Are you Canadian? 

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2017, 02:28:38 PM »
You elected Theresa May.

Tell us about her brilliant political strategy.

You are a goatfuckerfucker!

most politicians turn out to be cnts anyway, but the difference is in the UK and the majority of developed world you actually have to work your way to the top of the political pile. you could never come from nowhere being a complete political novice and then all of a sudden become PM.

if that doesn't tell you they're no more than a puppet you must be very gullible and probably think WWE is real too.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »
I just gave you concrete examples. 

Are you Canadian? 

how are they concrete examples?...it was also publicly announced that it was trump's decision to bomb syria... now he obviously has very little knowledge of foreign affairs. so how much do you think that decision was really made by him?

why would it be so different when it comes to "his" apparent appointments

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »
how are they concrete examples?...it was also publicly announced that it was trump's decision to bomb syria... now he obviously has very little knowledge of foreign affairs. so how much do you think that decision was really made by him?

why would it be so different when it comes to "his" apparent appointments

How are they concrete examples?

Fact:  The president appoints all judges on the federal bench, including members of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Fact:  The president appoints heads of federal administrative agencies.

Fact:  The president is the commander in chief, which means he directs all of the most powerful armed forces in the world.   

The decision to bomb Syria was made by the commander in chief.  Unlike our last disaster of a president, he followed the recommendation of his military advisers. 

Are you Canadian? 

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2017, 02:48:22 PM »
How are they concrete examples?

Fact:  The president appoints all judges on the federal bench, including members of the U.S. Supreme Court.

Fact:  The president appoints heads of federal administrative agencies.

Fact:  The president is the commander in chief, which means he directs all of the most powerful armed forces in the world.   

The decision to bomb Syria was made by the commander in chief.  Unlike our last disaster of a president, he followed the recommendation of his military advisers. 

Are you Canadian? 

ok think of it like this. you own a big NFL team. would you let a complete novice that has no experience playing or coaching football make decisions on what players to pick and what tactics to employ?

well there's a bit more at stake than that when running a country! sure publicly he decides everything.REALLY he is just a figurehead.

damn this feels like when i told my kids there was no father christmas  ;D

no not canadian

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 03:04:10 PM »
ok think of it like this. you own a big NFL team. would you let a complete novice that has no experience playing or coaching football make decisions on what players to pick and what tactics to employ?

well there's a bit more at stake than that when running a country! sure publicly he decides everything.REALLY he is just a figurehead.

damn this feels like when i told my kids there was no father christmas  ;D

no not canadian

This feels like I'm talking to a rock.  Do you even know what "figurehead" means? 

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 03:09:21 PM »
This feels like I'm talking to a rock.  Do you even know what "figurehead" means?  

do you?

figurehead
ˈfɪɡəhɛd/Submit
noun

a nominal leader or head without real power.
synonyms:   titular head, nominal leader, leader in name only, frontman, cipher, token, mouthpiece, puppet, instrument, man of straw
"the president was just a figurehead"

"titular head"  would probably be good one for trump  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 03:15:34 PM »
do you?

figurehead
ˈfɪɡəhɛd/Submit
noun

a nominal leader or head without real power.
synonyms:   titular head, nominal leader, leader in name only, frontman, cipher, token, mouthpiece, puppet, instrument, man of straw
"the president was just a figurehead"

"titular head"  would probably be good one for trump  :D

So you pull the definition and still don't know what it means?  If the president was just a figurehead, he wouldn't be able to order troops into combat, like he has done for decades.

If the president was just a figurehead, he wouldn't have the sole power to appoint Supreme Court justices (and every other vacancy in the federal judiciary). 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 03:35:49 PM »
It really is a fascinating phenomenon to see how fondly he is remembered despite having a largely failed presidency that could have ended in impeachment.

Reagan goes down as one of the most beloved and effective President's in US history. Fact.
He won a 2nd term  by winning 49 states. BOOM!

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »
So you pull the definition and still don't know what it means?  If the president was just a figurehead, he wouldn't be able to order troops into combat, like he has done for decades.

If the president was just a figurehead, he wouldn't have the sole power to appoint Supreme Court justices (and every other vacancy in the federal judiciary). 

and therein lies the basis of my argument which you seem to failing to comprehend. i don't believe the president does really "order" troops into war. i believe there are others pulling his strings. who in their right mind would allow a complete political novice like trump that sort of power.

ffs i remember in the wake of the 2003 iraq invasion GW didn't even realise there was a difference between sunni and shia muslims...and you really think a person with such limited knowledge would be afforded the ultimate decision to invade that country when he didn't even know that basic fact.

no doubt the "advisers" will make trump feel like he's the one making decisions. in reality he isn't.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »
and therein lies the basis of my argument which you seem to failing to comprehend. i don't believe the president does really "order" troops into war. i believe there are others pulling his strings. who in their right mind would allow a complete political novice like trump that sort of power.

ffs i remember in the wake of the 2003 iraq invasion GW didn't even realise there was a difference between sunni and shia muslims...and you really think a person with such limited knowledge would be afforded the ultimate decision to invade that country when he didn't even know that basic fact.

no doubt the "advisers" will make trump feel like he's the one making decisions. in reality he isn't.

Oh I see.  You have a conspiracy theory.  Great.  Sorry I wasted my time.   :-\

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 04:02:06 PM »
Oh I see.  You have a conspiracy theory.  Great.  Sorry I wasted my time.   :-\

you are coach level stupid

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 04:13:55 PM »
you are coach level stupid

Thank you.  You can't possibly be an American.  What country are you in? 

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 04:22:46 PM »
most politicians turn out to be cnts anyway, but the difference is in the UK and the majority of developed world you actually have to work your way to the top of the political pile. you could never come from nowhere being a complete political novice and then all of a sudden become PM.

if that doesn't tell you they're no more than a puppet you must be very gullible and probably think WWE is real too.

Oh, so a career politician is always more effective than a political outsider in your world?

So a billionaire businessman knows less about economic issues and dealing with people than say....a community organizer who has never held a real job?

David Cameron was a liberal cuck followed by Theresa May...she of the brilliant election calling strategy!

Practice your Koran goatfuckerfucker, you may need to read a few passages at your 9 year old daughter's wedding once the muzzie scum take over

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 04:35:04 PM »
Oh, so a career politician is always more effective than a political outsider in your world?

So a billionaire businessman knows less about economic issues and dealing with people than say....a community organizer who has never held a real job?

David Cameron was a liberal cuck followed by Theresa May...she of the brilliant election calling strategy!

Practice your Koran goatfuckerfucker, you may need to read a few passages at your 9 year old daughter's wedding once the muzzie scum take over

i think you're gonna get banned again if you continue with this hostility(this isn't GandO). try and do some reading and research so you can learn to formulate a coherent argument instead of all the baseless insults.