Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Discussion  (Read 70638 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Discussion
« Reply #525 on: August 27, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »

He gets punched more and harder while sparring. In reality Conner doesn't hit hard at all. Things are a little different when you got on 8 ounce gloves.

he dont spar. unless he's lying about that as well and you, as usual, knows best.

the reality is that at 40+ and being retired no smart man, would take 100+ punches if he could avoid it.

yet he did.

this needs an explanation. so far the only one available is - he did it on purpose, risking injuries, more hits to the head etc "for the fans".

he got punched straight in the jaw by an uppercut in the first round - on purpose "for the fans"

he went 10 rounds, even though the strategy was to finish it earlier, again "for the fans" (or if he's again, is lying)

etc. etc.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #526 on: August 27, 2017, 10:55:29 AM »
would have been great to see a prime COBRA up against gayfeather

That's Thomas The Hitman Hearns. The Cobra was Donald Curry.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #527 on: August 27, 2017, 10:55:55 AM »
Who cares he had no endurance doesn't hit hard at all and has no defense.

youre telling me conor who hasnt fought since 2016, who once in his life gone 5 rounds, failed to get 12 round endurance in 2 months time for his pro-debut?

wow, how strange... imagine that happening.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #528 on: August 27, 2017, 11:00:04 AM »
he dont spar. unless he's lying about that as well and you, as usual, knows best.

the reality is that at 40+ and being retired no smart man, would take 100+ punches if he could avoid it.

yet he did.

this needs an explanation. so far the only one available is - he did it on purpose, risking injuries, more hits to the head etc "for the fans".

he got punched straight in the jaw by an uppercut in the first round - on purpose "for the fans"

he went 10 rounds, even though the strategy was to finish it earlier, again "for the fans" (or if he's again, is lying)

etc. etc.

Those punches added up to nothing. Floyds face looked as fresh as when he walked in the ring. Conner got the snot knocked out of him. Hey feel free to post all those photos of Conner connecting with Floyds face. Gotta be at least 100 of them.  ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #529 on: August 27, 2017, 11:01:11 AM »
youre telling me conor who hasnt fought since 2016, who once in his life gone 5 rounds, failed to get 12 round endurance in 2 months time for his pro-debut?

wow, how strange... imagine that happening.

Any more excuses ?  Hahahahahaaha Conner was a gonner.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: August 27, 2017, 11:01:35 AM »
Mayweather played it safe and did wisely. He lost the first two rounds, not the first four, and just by virtue of not even trying to punch. By the third, he was moving forward ītil the end. He didn't even bother throwing combinations like he usually does. He didn't even need to go for body shots.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #531 on: August 27, 2017, 11:04:58 AM »

I think somebody is jealous of Conor's big payday.

He takes risks in life... and he gets paid millions for it

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #532 on: August 27, 2017, 11:07:09 AM »
I think somebody is jealous of Conor's big payday.

He takes risks in life... and he gets paid millions for it

I admit I'm 😒 jelly but more of Mayweather since he also had big payday and he won.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #533 on: August 27, 2017, 11:07:40 AM »

of course he was. i said he would lose, same as you.

but you seem to imply that he made big mistakes in preparing for the fight, that if he only had the great disgusting as a guru, things would've been different.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: August 27, 2017, 11:09:31 AM »
of course he was. i said he would lose, same as you.

but you seem to imply that he made big mistakes in preparing for the fight, that if he only had the great disgusting as a guru, things would've been different.

It's Disgusted and even I can't work that kind of a miracle.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #535 on: August 27, 2017, 11:10:06 AM »
That's Thomas The Hitman Hearns. The Cobra was Donald Curry.

his first nick was The Motor City Cobra  8)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: August 27, 2017, 11:14:00 AM »
i would suck demi lovato pussy

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #537 on: August 27, 2017, 11:14:31 AM »
his first nick was The Motor City Cobra  8)

At the start of his career. He's known as the Hitman as Curry was known as the Cobra.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #538 on: August 27, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »
It's Disgusted and even I can't work that kind of a miracle.

so if theres nothing that couldve been done about his endurance then there's no point in bringing it up.

in other words - conor gassed, for a number of reasons, most of them would've taken a miracle to sort out in time for the fight.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #539 on: August 27, 2017, 11:17:15 AM »
so if theres nothing that couldve been done about his endurance then there's no point in bringing it up.

in other words - conor gassed, for a number of reasons, most of them would've taken a miracle to sort out in time for the fight.

If there's an elephant in the room no reason to ignore it.  I wish Connors endurance  would've been better he would've lasted longer maybe and got his head beat in more than he did.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #540 on: August 27, 2017, 11:19:07 AM »
i take it youre not a fan of conor.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: August 27, 2017, 11:24:00 AM »
i take it youre not a fan of conor.

lol honestly I don't hate the guy but maybe being a tad more humble would have been better but then again it made for a good show.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #542 on: August 27, 2017, 11:24:08 AM »

You obviously missed the Ali Shavers fight. Who hit harder Forman or Shavers? You obviously don't  know since you didn't even mention him. Not many people could come back after being hit by him but Ali did. Ali had a chin at least the one in this reality did.

Holyfield destroyed Tyson and I don't think Ali would have had much of a problem.
There is a reason why i mentioned Foreman only, because he was the only legit "HEAVYWEIGHT" puncher Ali's fought, by statistics and records... Still, Foreman build a part of his early ko-record over lhw, cruisers and small heavyweights, he's not in the league of modern punchers like Wladimir Klitschko (who has the best ko-record and is pretty much the hardest hitter in the division's history), Lennox Lewis, Vitali Klitschko, Mike Tyson and such, but is the only one comparable from past eras...

Earnie Shavers was absurdly overrated, all you have to do is check his bummy record, a cherry-picker with countless tomato-cans and guys under 200lbs or barely over it, that's how his ko-record was built... Decent at first glance, but for the most part completely irrelevant to modern standards, when compared to 90s heavyweights and modern super-heavyweights... So no, Shavers was nowhere near Tyson as a puncher, and George Foreman is the only ko-king of the 70s...

Also no again, Frazier, Norton or Lyle were not big punchers by today's standards, neither was Liston... If Tyson fought in the 70s he would've been the undisputed, undefeated king for as long as he wanted...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: August 27, 2017, 11:33:28 AM »
There is a reason why i mentioned Foreman only, because he was the only legit "HEAVYWEIGHT" puncher Ali's fought, by statistics and records... Still, Foreman build a part of his early ko-record over lhw, cruisers and small heavyweights, he's not in the league of modern punchers like Wladimir Klitschko (who has the best ko-record and is pretty much the hardest hitter in the division's history), Lennox Lewis, Vitali Klitschko, Mike Tyson and such, but is the only one comparable from past eras...

Earnie Shavers was absurdly overrated, all you have to do is check his bummy record, a cherry-picker with countless tomato-cans and guys under 200lbs or barely over it, that's how his ko-record was built... Decent at first glance, but for the most part completely irrelevant to modern standards, when compared to 90s heavyweights and modern super-heavyweights... So no, Shavers was nowhere near Tyson as a puncher, and George Foreman is the only ko-king of the 70s...

Also no again, Frazier, Norton or Lyle were not big punchers by today's standards, neither was Liston... If Tyson fought in the 70s he would've been the undisputed, undefeated king for as long as he wanted...

What the hell does body weight have to do with punching? If it does then why mention Tyson ? He was barely a heavyweight.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #544 on: August 27, 2017, 11:41:55 AM »
At the start of his career. He's known as the Hitman as Curry was known as the Cobra.

there were 2 hhawks too

Julian the Hawk Jackson and Aaron the Hawk Pryor

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #545 on: August 27, 2017, 11:46:39 AM »
I hope my fellow getbiggers did not spend $100 on this farce and instead saved that for a nice potent vial of tren.

Simple Simon

« Reply #546 on: August 27, 2017, 11:47:46 AM »
I hope my fellow getbigger did not spend $100 on this farce and instead saved that for a nice potent vial of tren.
I didn't waste any money on the fight, I ordered some gear from esfitness.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #547 on: August 27, 2017, 11:52:25 AM »

if you check YouTube there are a few vids of fighters that fought shavers andthey ssaid he hit HARD, and Ali said that he hit so hard his ancestors in Africa felt those punches

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: August 27, 2017, 11:58:04 AM »
there were 2 hhawks
Julian the Hawk Jackson and Aaron the Hawk Pryor

I didn't know Jackson was called the Hawk. Never liked the guy. One punch wonder. Pryor, I still watch his first fight with with Arguello. He takes the most violent jab I've ever seen and manages to go on.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #549 on: August 27, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
I didn't know Jackson was called the Hawk. Never liked the guy. One punch wonder. Pryor, I still watch his first fight with with Arguello. He takes the most violent jab I've ever seen and manages to go on.

I hated those fights  >:(

coz Arguello was such a good and decent dude, as they said a true gentleman of the ring with tons of class 8)

Arguello was 5'10" and fought at light bantamweight I believe which is 118

too bad he never fought Duran at lightweight