Author Topic: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Discussion  (Read 70531 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Discussion
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2017, 01:57:43 AM »
ok now i bet some money on this

50 times the odds

floyd mayweather will win, by MAJORITY decision, believe you me!

this is how the fight is gonna go down:

first couple of rounds: floyd will start out slow to feel out the awkward fighting style of conor, being a southpaw and all.

conor will rage like a bull and pretty quickly find his reach and angles and will score a knock down in the first couple of rounds.

he will then put his thumb into the eye of mayweather, something that will affect mayweather the whole fight.

they will then trade blows back and forth the whole fight mayweather will be the clear winner in most peoples eyes, still the casual fans will think conor won because he did more visiable damage so by boxing being corrupt, which we have to assume it is, they will give the win to mayweather but not too clear, having one of the ref scoring it a draw, setting it up for a re-match.

Simple Simon

« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2017, 02:07:08 AM »

50 times the odds

first couple of rounds: floyd will start out slow to feel out the awkward fighting style of conor, being a southpaw and all.

conor will rage like a bull and pretty quickly find his reach and angles and will score a knock down in the first couple of rounds.

he will then put his thumb into the eye of mayweather, something that will affect mayweather the whole fight.

they will then trade blows back and forth the whole fight mayweather will be the clear winner in most peoples eyes, still the casual fans will think conor won because he did more visiable damage so by boxing being corrupt, which we have to assume it is, they will give the win to mayweather but not too clear, having one of the ref scoring it a draw, setting it up for a re-match.

I sense you are overthinking it...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2017, 02:44:32 AM »
but i may be right

iratherberight than big

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2017, 09:17:43 AM »
Rather, I like your scenario but can you please rephrase it so that all you stated occurs and then ends at the 2 minute 45 second mark of round #1.

I want to show-case my psychic abilities.

And what is 50-1?

Has anyone considered the possibility of a Connor/Floyd MMA fight after this boxing match is over?

AND .... It appears that the fight tickets are not selling as well as originally anticipated. Thy believe it's now due to the fact that the Conor fans are too young to purchase $2,000++++++  tickets and will just pay the $100  to watch it at home.

NEW THOUGHT

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2017, 09:21:55 AM »
Rather, I like your scenario but can you please rephrase it so that all you stated occurs and then ends at the 2 minute 45 second mark of round #1.

I want to show-case my psychic abilities.

And what is 50-1?

Has anyone considered the possibility of a Connor/Floyd MMA fight after this boxing match is over?

AND .... It appears that the fight tickets are not selling as well as originally anticipated. Thy believe it's now due to the fact that the Conor fans are too young to purchase $2,000++++++  tickets and will just pay the $100  to watch it at home.

NEW THOUGHT

Also because a lot of people think it's fixed. I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories but you can't elude this, given that Conor has a 0-0-0 boxing record. Would you pay that kind of money to see a WWE fight while you were expecting Hagler/Hearns?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2017, 09:27:05 AM »
GLOVE SiZE ... Here is the latest info I can find....

The hullabaloo surrounding the glove size for the boxing pay-per-view bout between Floyd Mayweather and UFC champion Conor McGregor continues to escalate. 

Mayweather originally agreed for the Aug. 26 bout in Las Vegas to be contested at a weight of 154 pounds, which would mean the two men would be forced to wear 10-ounce gloves, as opposed to eight-ounce gloves (for fights 147 pounds and below), per Nevada State Athletic Commission rules. 

On Aug. 1, Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs) publicly petitioned the idea that both he and McGregor (21-3 in MMA) both agreed to change the glove size back down to eight ounces, which on paper would give McGregor more of a chance to be competitive. Initially, executive director Bob Bennett said the NSAC would not bend to Mayweather's requests due to health and safety concerns. 

Bennett, however, appears to have softened his stance, telling England's Sky Sports on Wednesday there are exceptions to the rule and that the commission will vote next week on the issue. 

"Mayweather's team has, and McGregor's team [is] in the process [of submitting a request]," Bennett said. "It will be heard at the commission's next meeting.

"They come before the commission [and] each party can discuss their reasoning. The chairman and commissioners openly discuss the request and vote on it. Our regulations require 10-ounce gloves, but I won't say that there's no negotiations."

The day after Mayweather made his request public, McGregor responded on Instagram by saying he's willing to fight under any circumstances. 

Bennett added that there has been no precedence for a situation like this. 

"The promoters have a legal opportunity to submit a waiver, then appear before our commission to articulate why they think we should make an exception to our regulations," Bennett said. "This is an anomaly. I haven't experienced this in over three years on the job. I checked with the previous executive director, Hall-of-Famer Marc Ratner, and our program officer, who has been here for 30 years. To the best of their recollection, we have never had a request like this."

Mayweather, 40, will return from a two-year retirement in a fight that will serve as the 29-year-old McGregor's pro boxing debut. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2017, 09:33:56 AM »
MORTAL. I've been to a good number of MMA events and I always find them boring unless  I am watching them at home on TV.

I would not even pay 10 bucks to see an MMA fight in person no matter who was involved.

But I always enjoy meeting adn talking to the fighters before and after ant fight.

And I have a hell of a lot of respect for what they do ... even though I think they're crazy for doing it!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2017, 09:38:23 AM »
MORTAL. I've been to a good number of MMA events and I always find them boring unless  I am watching them at home on TV.

I would not even pay 10 bucks to see an MMA fight in person no matter who was involved.

But I always enjoy meeting adn talking to the fighters before and after ant fight.

And I have a hell of a lot of respect for what they do ... even though I think they're crazy for doing it!

A lot of people feel the same as you do, boxing or MMA. So imagine trying to sell 2 grand tickets for this. Close to trying to sell a coffin for two corpses.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Who decided that it would be a boxing match and NOT a UFC match?

What they should do is have one match inside a boxing ring then another match inside a cage.

CONOR DID!!!!!!! He asked for it!!!!!!!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Conner is going to get his ass handed to him in a very embarrassing way.

yep

can't stand either of these shitstains btw

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: August 14, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »
i understand they got problems selling out, on the other hand the tickets they DO sell they earn more money on so...

Emmortal

• Getbig V
CONOR DID!!!!!!! He asked for it!!!!!!!!

He asked for it because that's where the money is.  He'll make 10x the amount in this one fight than he has his entire career in the UFC so it's a no brainer.

This won't be much of a fight, Mayweather will do what he always does and put on a showcase in defensive wizardry and McGreggor will tire out and will lose in a decision to Floyd.  Both will walk away 100's of millions richer and probably retire.

The one thing that's true in all of this is that if this was a fight in the cage McGreggor would absolutely destroy him and Floyd knows that.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
yep

can't stand either of these shitstains btw

If Conor can land that left on Floyd like he did on Paulie this whole thing could get very interesting.

Best not to get too dogmatic on anything in life cause shit can change in a heartbeat.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: August 14, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...The fight is going to be a work.  There will be two fights. Whoever wins the first fight will agree to lose the second fight, ensuring the whole Mayweather vs McGregor thing is a wash in the end.  Everything agreed upon in advance by both fighters.  Mark my words.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: August 14, 2017, 04:05:29 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...The fight is going to be a work.  There will be two fights. Whoever wins the first fight will agree to lose the second fight, ensuring the whole Mayweather vs McGregor thing is a wash in the end.  Everything agreed upon in advance by both fighters.  Mark my words.

Of course, everyone knows this.  They took the same private plane to the press conference in London, this isn't a fight, it's a payday.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2017, 05:25:57 PM »

You don't fuck up a 49-0 undefeated record over a "work"

That's why the mob could never get to Sugar Ray Robinson back in the day.

Come on getbiggers I thought we were smarter than this.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
Of course, everyone knows this.  They took the same private plane to the press conference in London, this isn't a fight, it's a payday.

no they didnt dumbass so much stupidity on the internet

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2017, 07:23:41 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...The fight is going to be a work.  There will be two fights. Whoever wins the first fight will agree to lose the second fight, ensuring the whole Mayweather vs McGregor thing is a wash in the end.  Everything agreed upon in advance by both fighters.  Mark my words.
Interesting view.
Either way, Connor wont fight on mma again, unless he is broke, within 10 years, give or take. This if he isnt put in a medical induced coma before.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2017, 07:42:30 PM »
You don't fuck up a 49-0 undefeated record over a "work"

That's why the mob could never get to Sugar Ray Robinson back in the day.

Come on getbiggers I thought we were smarter than this.

Sugar Ray Robinson doesn't get off posting photos of himself with stacks of money like Mayweather does. You forget that Mayweather's nickname is 'Money'; it's not 'Undefeated'. Mayweather will make $100 million for this fight and another $100 million for a rematch, which I guarantee you will take place.  He's already making excuses for losing, citing being old, rusty, and not as fast as he used to be. A 1-1 wash against McGregor, who is 11 years his junior isn't going to damage Mayweather's legacy, as we all know he's not the fighter he once was.  But banking a cool $200 million for two fights, certainly cements his legacy as being the highest-earning athlete on the Planet, bar none.  

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »
it will be a work and work this way

first fight will be debated who won, majority win for floyd is enough so he doesnt lose and people still demand a re-match

re-match clear win for floyd

this way they both win since even going the distance is good enough for a 0-0 record guy

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2017, 02:04:09 AM »
There is alot of hype on youtube about this subject.
From watching fights from both fighters, i will say only that Connor is a great puncher, but Floyd is a great boxer.

Boxing is so much more than throwing good punches.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2017, 02:55:01 AM »
brendan schaub made a great early bet on the fight.

if conor wins 1 or more rounds, he will earn $104k (betting $4k)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2017, 08:37:30 AM »
RATHER, Where and when was that bet made?

26 to 1, but I am unsure if that one+ round victory is available here in LV .....   but you can pick the round in which you think Conor would win.

If I recall correctly its was something like 13 to 1.

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2017, 09:53:57 AM »

50 times the odds

If Mcgregor fouls him he loses 90% of his purse and gets sued on top.

So no.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »
It's a work, from start to finish... Even this sparring with Malignaggi's controversy looks staged to hype it up, and now we have Mayweather being knocked out by Judah apparently... I have no problem with this kind of spectacles, but people should know better, and hopefully a "win" over an MMA 0-0-0 guy doesn't add to Mayweather's record... It there's no robbery, controversy, corruption involved the real fight should be Golovkin-Canelo, but i don't have high hopes for this either, american's boxing is a corrupt joke...