Author Topic: Roy Callendar Interview on Bodybuilding Legends Show  (Read 3921 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Roy Callendar Interview on Bodybuilding Legends Show
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 05:19:40 AM »
 Great job John! Halfway through the Haney interview. Brought back tons of great memories. But I competed in the Pittsburgh back in the 80s I got a compliment from Lee telling me I had great genetics and he invited me to his home the train but my parents didn't have money to spend on a flight or anything like that. I ended up with a nice write up in Flex magazine and they covered the show. We was a guest poser that show and for years with a belt  that he had signed. I wish I still had that belt.
I was in Florida a few years back and I trained in Tampa and I met you and said hello and you were really nice. Anyway cool interviews keep them coming

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 05:21:38 AM »
 Also this is so weird so obscure but kind of funny. That little clip that you put of Lee Haney describing his injuries and how he became a bodybuilder, are used to imitate him for years when I was a teenager because of that same clip I walk around the gym  saying to my buddies " listen… This is just not for me ".  Anyway I thought it was hilarious you have that exact clip in your interview.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 07:01:51 AM »
Great job John! Halfway through the Haney interview. Brought back tons of great memories. But I competed in the Pittsburgh back in the 80s I got a compliment from Lee telling me I had great genetics and he invited me to his home the train but my parents didn't have money to spend on a flight or anything like that. I ended up with a nice write up in Flex magazine and they covered the show. We was a guest poser that show and for years with a belt  that he had signed. I wish I still had that belt.
I was in Florida a few years back and I trained in Tampa and I met you and said hello and you were really nice. Anyway cool interviews keep them coming

That's cool that Haney gave you that compliment and offered for you to train with him. What a great champion he was!  I'm glad you like the videos. I just did a good one with Dorian that will be out in August. Next time you're in Tampa, come by the new Powerhouse Gym on Hillsbourgh Ave. The one downtown closed in Feb.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 07:46:33 AM »
Great interview John, as usual ....

Can't wait for you to finally have Franco Columbu on the show,  those 1980 and 1981 Mr.O reactions and anecdotes  (from Franco's perspective) will be epic !!!!

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  LE VRO NEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »
Great interview John, as usual ....

Can't wait for you to finally have Franco Columbu on the show,  those 1980 and 1981 Mr.O reactions and anecdotes  (from Franco's perspective) will be epic !!!!

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  LE VRO NEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I would love to have Franco on the show. To this day, I believe he still thinks he fully deserved the 1981 Olympia win.