Author Topic: Sessions on his way out?  (Read 3303 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Sessions on his way out?
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:36:44 AM »
Doesn't look good when the president is bashing you in public. Frankly, he deserves it. He never should've Recused himself from Russia.

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Sessions on his way out?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:42:05 AM »
I think he was just given an ultimatum.
a

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 05:48:46 AM »
I think he was just given an ultimatum.

Wasn't the first time either:

So why aren't the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russia relations?

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:44:46 AM »
Hugely disappointed in Sessions. Thought he had more of a backbone.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:30:35 AM »
Hugely disappointed in Sessions. Thought he had more of a backbone.

It's like the Obama Justice Department is still in office. You have a Republican Congress, Senate and supposedly a Republican Justice Department and the president is under constant attack for bullshit.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »
It's like the Obama Justice Department is still in office. You have a Republican Congress, Senate and supposedly a Republican Justice Department and the president is under constant attack for bullshit.

Trump is being retarded to do this in public.  Obamacare and tax reform now dead

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 08:47:07 AM »
Trump is being retarded to do this in public.  Obamacare and tax reform now dead

The truth is that once a giant bureaucracy like Obama care is in place it's almost impossible to get rid of it. Replace it with what? Another giant bureaucracy? It has to crash and burn and then you can start from scratch.

The main tax reform is the corporate tax and they should be able to get that down at least somewhat. The real elephants in the room are SS and Medicare as they comprise more than half of the budget. No one is even talking about them.

That said, he obviously wants Sessions out. What would his other options be?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 08:51:43 AM »
Mr "You're Fired!" doesn't have the balls to fire Jeffy.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 08:59:47 AM »
Wasn't the first time either:

So why aren't the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russia relations?

The ethical guidelines and standards of the AG's office demanded he recuse himself.
He followed the existing ethics standards and followed the law.

Being loyal to the POTUS isn't the highest priority of the AG.
Every GOV official, including the POTUS takes an oath to uphold and support the CONSTITUTION.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
The ethical guidelines and standards of the AG's office demanded he recuse himself.
He followed the existing ethics standards and followed the law.

Being loyal to the POTUS isn't the highest priority of the AG.
Every GOV official, including the POTUS takes an oath to uphold and support the CONSTITUTION.

Trumps argument is that Sessions should've told him about this before hand.

All your other babble sounds good and I don't claim to be an expert this area but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to a judgment call.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 09:08:13 AM »

All your other babble sounds good and I don't claim to be an expert this area but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes down to a judgment call.

The problem is that Trump is so impulsive and petty and obssessed over every little squabble he is doing himself far more harm than good w all this drama.

personally I'm tired of his immaturity and BS.  I want to see focus on getting rid of obamacare, tax reform, slashing agencies and welfare, etc.

They are doing a good job deporting all the parasites and should stay focused on whats important. 

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 09:09:46 AM »

told him what beforehand?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 09:12:54 AM »

So true

they are actually following the rule of law rather than treating Donald Trump like a Sovereign

the thing Trump is pissed about is that Sessions recused himself which is exactly what he had to do

the CT is that Trump will fire sessions when during Senate August recess and then he can do a recess appointment that doesn't require Senate approval

Of course the new persons first job will be to fire Mueller and then so much for any semblance of democracy in this country

FYI - McConnell can leave the Senate in session to prevent this.  He did this exact same thing when Obama was POTUS to prevent him from being able to do a recess appointment

This will really draw the line between the Senate and Trump if they do this and lets hope they do.

Trump needs to understand he is not a King or a Dictator (and we know he admires and is likely also envious of dictators)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 09:14:13 AM »
Trumps argument is that Sessions should've told him about this before hand.[/b]

another idiotic statement from Retard in Chief

Sessions would have needed a time machine in order to do that

Is Trump not aware that we all know the timeline of events that led to Sessions recusal ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 09:23:38 AM »
I dont like sessions focusing on Marijuana or Civil Asset Forfeiture - but he had to recuse himself in this.    Trump could have put all this to bed from Day 1 tossing out everything, emails, etc, like Kushner did, and it would have been over with. 

And I agree with Levin, Trump himself , he himself, we moved on from Hillary emails as crimes to be prosecutes, so for him now to bash Sessions over it is stupid.   Its dumb,.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »
I dont like sessions focusing on Marijuana or Civil Asset Forfeiture - but he had to recuse himself in this.    Trump could have put all this to bed from Day 1 tossing out everything, emails, etc, like Kushner did, and it would have been over with.  

And I agree with Levin, Trump himself , he himself, we moved on from Hillary emails as crimes to be prosecutes, so for him now to bash Sessions over it is stupid.   Its dumb,.  

this is the crazy part
virtually everyone agrees on this.
Shit, how often do you and I agree on something
I just read on Fox News that Dogs and Cats are also in agreement on this
Trump can't see to stop himself
He's acting like someone who has something to hide
The very best case is that he's irrationally self destructive

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 10:20:37 AM »
told him what beforehand?

That he was going to recuse himself from any Russian investigation. Apparently Trump got caught by surprise.

Citing Recusal, Trump Says He Wouldn’t Have Hired Sessions - NYTimes.com

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/politics/trump-interview-sessions-russia.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 10:30:26 AM »
That he was going to recuse himself from any Russian investigation. Apparently Trump got caught by surprise.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/us/politics/trump-interview-sessions-russia.html

How would  Sessions have known ahead of time (timeline link below)

If Trump was concerned about this why didn't HE ask Sessions this question before nominating him

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/timeline-leading-jeff-sessions-recusal-fallout/story?id=45855918

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 10:33:52 AM »

when Trump chose Sessions, Sessions had no reason to recuse himself from any Russian investigation.
only later, when Sessions didn't answer Franken's question at his confirmation hearing accurately, Sessions did the right thing by recusing himself.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 10:40:03 AM »
when Trump chose Sessions, Sessions had no reason to recuse himself from any Russian investigation.
only later, when Sessions didn't answer Franken's question at his confirmation hearing accurately, Sessions did the right thing by recusing himself.

even Rudy Giuliani agrees

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 10:49:35 AM »
Makes no sense. You are basically contradicting. If he was innocent before then suddenly he isn't after word games? In both cases there was nothing done wrong. Absolutely no reason for Sessions to bow like he did. Couldn't take the fake heat apparently.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 10:53:37 AM »
Oh, and the majority (including Trump) do not want to truly get rid of Obamacare. That wouldn't get done no matter what he is tweeting.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 11:14:08 AM »
Makes no sense. You are basically contradicting. If he was innocent before then suddenly he isn't after word games? In both cases there was nothing done wrong. Absolutely no reason for Sessions to bow like he did. Couldn't take the fake heat apparently.

Sessions followed the procedures of the department which he runs

His loyalty is not to Trump but to the law and the American people who expect him to follow laws and procedures without prejudice.

In a statement, Sessions said that over the last several weeks he met with "relevant senior career department officials" to discuss whether he should recuse himself and, "having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for president of the United States."

"In the end, I have followed the right procedure, just as I promised the committee I would," Sessions said of the decision to recuse himself.

"A proper decision, I believe, has been reached," he said

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/attorney-general-jeff-sessions-recusing-campaign-probes/story?id=45858137

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »

Spot on.

This is from strawman's link. He recused himself for this?

"He said that he didn't remember a lot of the meeting but that "I do remember saying I had gone to Russia with a church group in 1991."

"So we talked a little bit about terrorism, as I recall. Somehow the subject of the Ukraine came up. I had the Ukrainian ambassador in my office the day before to listen to him," he said. Apparently paraphrasing Kislyak, Sessions added, "Russia had done nothing that was wrong in any area and everybody else was wrong with regard to the Ukraine. It got to be a little bit of a testy conversation at that point."

The DOJ official said Wednesday that during the 2016 campaign, ambassadors made "superficial comments" about the election but it wasn't the "substance of their discussion.""

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 12:08:06 PM »
Doesn't look good when the president is bashing you in public. Frankly, he deserves it. He never should've Recused himself from Russia.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!

I agree he shouldn't have recused himself, but I don't think he deserves to be disrespected like this.  This is poor leadership by Trump.