Author Topic: Tip For Cardio  (Read 7539 times)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
Re: Tip For Cardio
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 05:11:38 AM »
That for sure works.
Smaller increments make it seem easier.
I've been on DNP for 11 days with about 20-40 min of cardio for 11 straight days.
About half way thru I wanna die either way.

find this hard to believe. If youre on DNP, you dont need cardio. but assuming you are, if youre taking so low doses of DNP that you can and still need to do cardio, just ditch the dnp and use clen/t3/t4, much safer and more effective

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 05:35:31 AM »
Why something take something dangerous like DNP? Losing weight is easy you just don't eat that much. Hell starving is safer.  ???
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 06:57:15 AM »
Why something take something dangerous like DNP? Losing weight is easy you just don't eat that much. Hell starving is safer.  ???
eating less u lose muscle
A

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 07:11:23 AM »
Stair climbing for big dudes? jogging/ Boxing is also nice if you are not mass monster.

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 07:12:12 AM »
find this hard to believe. If youre on DNP, you dont need cardio. but assuming you are, if youre taking so low doses of DNP that you can and still need to do cardio, just ditch the dnp and use clen/t3/t4, much safer and more effective

what about gh?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 07:13:19 AM »

You mean it's easy in theory to lose weight, correct?  Burn more calories than you consume is the basic idea?

There should be one book on weight loss and that book has one page with one sentence:  Burn more calories than you eat.

Now following through on the consuming less food part LOL.....totally different situation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2017, 07:21:59 AM »
You get incredibly strong via a routine that focuses on conditioning.

It just requires one to abandon what they think they know, and shed old bodybuilding memes that separate the two.  I know people who train this way who could win bodybuilding contest without bodybuilding, or powerlifting meets without powerlifting etc.......

;)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2017, 07:37:27 AM »
Lifters tend to have problems with cardio because we're used to very short intense work bouts, whereas aerobic training involves long work bouts of moderate intensity. It's just a matter of putting in the time and getting used to it. While Al's approach isn't the worst thing in the world, the best way is to just add a little time to each session you until you eventually can go for an entire hour. Once you can do that, you'll have the aerobic infrastructure in order to add speed. Intervals, what Al is actually describing, are a good way to do this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2017, 07:47:48 AM »
Lifters tend to have problems with cardio because we're used to very short intense work bouts, whereas aerobic training involves long work bouts of moderate intensity. It's just a matter of putting in the time and getting used to it. While Al's approach isn't the worst thing in the world, the best way is to just add a little time to each session you until you eventually can go for an entire hour. Once you can do that, you'll have the aerobic infrastructure in order to add speed. Intervals, what Al is actually describing, are a good way to do this.

Ive been getting great results using a HIIT type routine I shared on another page.   Grape knows the condition im in presently, and I know the workouts he is following. 

Old BB style stuff is dead and buried. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2017, 07:58:03 AM »
Ive been getting great results using a HIIT type routine I shared on another page.   Grape knows the condition im in presently, and I know the workouts he is following.  

It depends what you want to do. HIIT is fine for a general conditioning routine, but, if you want to develop your aerobic system fully you have to do some steady state cardio, IMO, you can't beat running.

Conversely, running is great for aerobic system development but it does very little for strength, power and muscle mass. That's why a combination of both is your best bet. HIIT is a happy medium. My approach is a combination of distance running and old-school compound weightlifting movements.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2017, 08:07:38 AM »
It depends what you want to do. HIIT is fine for a general conditioning routine, but, if you want to develop your aerobic system fully you have to do some steady state cardio, IMO, you can't beat running.

Conversely, running is great for aerobic system development but it does very little for strength, power and muscle mass. That's why a combination of both is your best bet. HIIT is a happy medium. My approach is a combination of distance running and old-school compound weightlifting movements.

I do rucking for cardio.   Put a 45 lb plate in my backpack and go out for a few miles or hours,.  Usually weekends.  But sometimes - time permits during the week. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2017, 08:14:41 AM »

I don't disagree with this at all.  Running should be a mix, IMO - distance, sprints, hills, etc....all different benefits.

My original point was that it's old school BS BB thinking that you have to "lift weights then/or do cardio".........workouts can have both, mixed in - sprints in the middle of a workout then returning to weights.....lifting weights for time instead of reps to get cardio benefit, etc.....tons of options.

And it's not one or the other for goals either - I see videos of guys deadlifting 500 for reps, then running miles etc.....
Y

AB

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2017, 08:17:21 AM »
I don't disagree with this at all.  Running should be a mix, IMO - distance, sprints, hills, etc....all different benefits.

My original point was that it's old school BS BB thinking that you have to "lift weights then/or do cardio".........workouts can have both, mixed in - sprints in the middle of a workout then returning to weights.....lifting weights for time instead of reps to get cardio benefit, etc.....tons of options.

And it's not one or the other for goals either - I see videos of guys deadlifting 500 for reps, then running miles etc.....
This Grape... you are spot on. ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »

You mean that waddle at 2.5 on the treadmill w  towel over your head after doing a brutal 10 sets of curls and some delt raises and upright rows is not the only way . . . . . . . ?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2017, 08:29:20 AM »
You mean that waddle at 2.5 on the treadmill w  towel over your head after doing a brutal 10 sets of curls and some delt raises and upright rows is not the only way . . . . . . . ?

Yup.....gayer than going to the gym and doing "arms"..... ::)
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2017, 08:31:54 AM »

The thing now at 42 - and following this stuff for literally decades  - is how much drugs actually was the main contributing factor for a lot of those guys.   Sure many worked hard in the gym - but many didnt at all either. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2017, 08:33:03 AM »
The thing now at 42 - and following this stuff for literally decades  - is how much drugs actually was the main contributing factor for a lot of those guys.   Sure many worked hard in the gym - but many didnt at all either.  

Yeah, but a lot of that "hard" work is just dealing with lactic acid build up, much different than AMARP type training or all out sprints.
Y

ChevChelios

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »
That for sure works.
Smaller increments make it seem easier.
I've been on DNP for 11 days with about 20-40 min of cardio for 11 straight days.
About half way thru I wanna die either way.

What were your results on DNP and what dose were you on ?
GETBIG!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2017, 08:39:59 AM »
Ive been getting great results using a HIIT type routine I shared on another page.   Grape knows the condition im in presently, and I know the workouts he is following.  

I think a lot of that stuff got started by guys who were looking for an excuse to spend the whole day in the gym. They come in the morning and do 15 sets for biceps go home then come back in the afternoon and do the same for triceps.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2017, 08:43:20 AM »
I think a lot of that stuff got started by guys who were looking for an excuse to spend the whole day in the gym. They come in the morning and do 15 sets for biceps go home then come back in the afternoon and do the same for triceps.

CalvinH just made a list!
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2017, 09:10:44 AM »
Yeah, but a lot of that "hard" work is just dealing with lactic acid build up, much different than AMARP type training or all out sprints.

Grape - im not kidding - I dont think 75% of these dudes could have finished Tough Ruck like we did.  The swelling, the feet, the joints, the pain, etc.  They would have quit

BB had its place in history - but it needs to be in context of the time that we did not know the truth of what was really happening at the time.   

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2017, 10:12:30 AM »
Running is more enjoyable if you have access to scenic nature, free of cars and other annoyances. Treadmill type of stuff in gyms are torturous, feel like a trapped hamster.

Agree. Always stuck on the elliptical in the winter so nice to get outdoors for cardio spring, summer and fall. Unless I interval cardio I try to get outdoors.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2017, 10:25:32 AM »

But who said you  "have to" do anything when working out? The point of my original post was that I incorporated something I was CHOOSING not to do because I found a way that motivated me more. Nothing in my post was dogmatic and suggested that it was the best and only way you to workout.

I'm sure you don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of my posting history (and I guess that's fine if you're choosing not to live your best life), but I've talked about my experiences with different training styles and I think fairly recently you and I had a back and forth about conditioning training. I think there is an endless combination of things that are effective and that the most important factors are persistence and consistency.  If one way works for you, that's great. I wasn't bashing it or trying to convince anyone to switch.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2017, 10:33:31 AM »

Why is this "gay"? I posted a little anecdote here a little while back about a kid who goes to my gym that comes in 3 times a week and only does bench press and arm work. He did it consistently and transformed his body. If his goal is to change the way he looks and he's doing that, why is that wrong or bad? Why kill yourself if it's not going to be a program you can maintain and progress with? I honestly admired the rational way he approached it because you rarely see beginners approach weightlifting with that type of levelheadedness.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2017, 10:36:37 AM »
Why is this "gay"? I posted a little anecdote here a little while back about a kid who goes to my gym that comes in 3 times a week and only does bench press and arm work. He did it consistently and transformed his body. If his goal is to change the way he looks and he's doing that, why is that wrong or bad? Why kill yourself if it's not going to be a program you can maintain and progress with? I honestly admired the rational way he approached it because you rarely see beginners approach weightlifting with that type of levelheadedness.

Its stupid, its a waste of time   

Grape and I are so far ahead of the BB morons at this point.