Author Topic: Mr Olympia Contest 8 Weeks Away .. does anyone give a shit?  (Read 7361 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Is there any real competition for Phil Heath?  Big Ramy used to be a threat, but he's not really on anyone's radar--let along being seen as a contender.  Cedric McMillan won the Arnold Classic but does he have a shot to be in the top 6? Kai Greene seems content to do his own thing, Shawn Rhoden might end up in the top 3 by default, Dallas McCarver is sitting this one out for health reasons, same with Justin Compton...

More importantly, does anyone give a shit??  There are zero threads on G&O first page for the 2017 Olympia.  Maybe Pro BBing IS really dying   :-X :-\

Who's planning on watching the livestream of the Mr. O??

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
Re: Mr Olympia Contest 8 Weeks Away .. does anyone give a shit?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 03:52:29 PM »
Bodybuilding IS dead.  The internet exposed how fucked up it is!

Redux

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
BB is completely dead.
Not one fuck given.
Philsulin could win 10 Olympias and nobody will give a shit.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 03:58:59 PM »
I'm interested in the classic physique class, the open class not so much

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 04:07:06 PM »
I am so excited, i forgot the date.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 04:11:10 PM »
I am so excited, i forgot the date.

The only reason I remembered is because I was thinking "Isn't the Mr O in the fall sometime?"..Only after googling it did I find out it was about 8 weeks away  :-X

There really isn't much going on for this one, last year would have been a snoozer except for the comeback of Levrone.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 04:22:36 PM »
They announced last year that this years Olympia would be broadcast TV.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 04:22:49 PM »
2009 was the last edition I really paid attention. Since then, I don't follow it. I just look at the results a few days after and don't even bother watching the footage. I'd rather watch Labrada 89's posing time and time again. No homo.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 05:00:34 PM »
Get Lee Priest and maybe Kamali to do the commentary and it could be fun to watch.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
It was all about Levrone last year, and I can't believe it has been a year. Just reeling in the years like an old bastard.

io

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 05:03:40 PM »
Yes, people give a shit. In fact, based on Google search data for “Mr. Olympia”, more people give a shit now than ever before. The 2014 Olympia was actually by far the most popular in history—no doubt thanks to the “Phil vs Kai” storyline.

The prize money is also at its all-time high. When Arnold won in 1980 the prize money for first place was $25,000—or about $85,000 today, adjusting for inflation. The prize money for first place in 2016 was $400,000. That's almost five times as much, and in fact it's double what the prize was only five years before.

So, yes, people give a shit. Just not the posters still hanging on at getbig.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 05:04:29 PM »
Not one shit given. Only way I'll watch part of it is if some funny shit happens.
A

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »
Yes, people give a shit. In fact, based on Google search data for “Mr. Olympia”, more people give a shit now than ever before. The 2014 Olympia was actually by far the most popular in history—no doubt thanks to the “Phil vs Kai” storyline.

The prize money is also at its all-time high. When Arnold won in 1980 the prize money for first place was $25,000—or about $85,000 today, adjusting for inflation. The prize money for first place in 2016 was $400,000. That's almost five times as much, and in fact it's double what the prize was only five years before.

Hi Joe Weider

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 06:24:43 PM »
The sport is dead
Phil Heath killed it
Worthless expo
Drug abusers on stage dancing around
Completely worthless and pathetic
w

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 06:37:53 PM »
Ramy was never a threat , Kai was. Phil has had zero challengers , He'll win 10 Olympia with the most ho-hum competition and who cares?  ???

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 06:47:59 PM »

Mostly the same mindless Euro-schmoes that infest the pros' Instagram pages. It's strange, you can tell that these people have no real knowledge of bodybuilding, they just mindlessly bow down to pros and even ex-pros like Milos. Look at Levrone's IG page comment sections, it's a bizarre mindset that I can't wrap my head around and even more surprising is how many of these people there are.

Kevin's most recent IG post:

jhamedbashar سلام کوین
kingarchman Super strength
mwmllbrzyly Love you
jibberer Stop asking for leg shots everyone. They will be improved his strength proves that. He will show them when he feels there ready. Obviously he feels he can improve them even more as he wouldn't cancel Olympia this year. He will shock all. Just wait don't hate
newimagepersonaltraining @kevinlevrone Awesome lift!! Bro hit us with a leg shot and show us that improvement!
greg__the_terrible you are my greatest inspiration .i always look up to u M3
crazyazzhole Kevin has muscles in places where normal people dont have places!

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »
Once again, am I missing something here? Doesn't Levrone have to qualify to be in this years Olympia. Dead last place last year and he gets a lifetime of "Special Invites"  ::) Seriously!!! And on a side note, he should be doing the Classic Pysique, not the open bodybuilding. So is he allowed to compete without doing any shows, let alone not even placing in any shows???? ??? Feel sorry for some top NPC guys who have better physique than Levrone (currently) and cannot even get a pro card watching Kevin get special invites. Yes, current bodybuilding at the Mr. O level is at its worst ever with the prize money being at its best ever. Do you blame Phil for cruising in and taking home these easy big paychecks? :-\

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
Once again, am I missing something here? Doesn't Levrone have to qualify to be in this years Olympia. Dead last place last year and he gets a lifetime of "Special Invites"  ::) Seriously!!! And on a side note, he should be doing the Classic Pysique, not the open bodybuilding. So is he allowed to compete without doing any shows, let alone not even placing in any shows???? ??? Feel sorry for some top NPC guys who have better physique than Levrone (currently) and cannot even get a pro card watching Kevin get special invites. Yes, current bodybuilding at the Mr. O level is at its worst ever with the prize money being at its best ever. Do you blame Phil for cruising in and taking home these easy big paychecks? :-\
we all blame Phil for being a true piece of shit who abandoned his family and used his wife's cancer to further his career
w

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 07:21:26 PM »
Ok, but can Levrone even compete??????WTF..

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 07:22:03 PM »
Once again, am I missing something here? Doesn't Levrone have to qualify to be in this years Olympia. Dead last place last year and he gets a lifetime of "Special Invites"  ::) Seriously!!! And on a side note, he should be doing the Classic Pysique, not the open bodybuilding. So is he allowed to compete without doing any shows, let alone not even placing in any shows???? ??? Feel sorry for some top NPC guys who have better physique than Levrone (currently) and cannot even get a pro card watching Kevin get special invites. Yes, current bodybuilding at the Mr. O level is at its worst ever with the prize money being at its best ever. Do you blame Phil for cruising in and taking home these easy big paychecks? :-\

No, you aren't missing anything, but these ignorant schmoe fans are.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 08:28:58 PM »
How can you say that "Bodybuilding is dead.." when these past few years have seen the biggest growth within the NPC and the IFBB in its entire history?

Probably the largest and fastest growth of any organization of recent within the USA  .... and possibly worldwide.

I don't have the stats regarding the Oly Expo Attendance, but it's most likely one of the sports expos that draw the largest number of attendees worldwide.

And if bodybuilding ever should 'die, there are even more physique and classic contenders ready, willing, and able to fill their posing trunks.

We may be simply confusing 'loss of interest' with 'actual termination.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 08:30:36 PM »
There was a time when I'd anxiously await the Mr. Olympia and the placings. Call the FLEX hotline, etc.

That was decades ago.

The sport is toast. Only schmoes, family members and fellow competitors give a toss.

Heath is horrible, as well.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2017, 08:52:41 PM »
Nope.  I like to post here and I like to train for vanity's sake.  Doesn't mean I care about professional bodybuilding.

I know it's a requirement for posting here but I just can't live this lie any more.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2017, 08:56:37 PM »
The sport is dead
Phil Heath killed it
Worthless expo
Drug abusers on stage dancing around
Completely worthless and pathetic

It was never a sport so it's not really dead ;D

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 10:05:23 PM »
How can you say that "Bodybuilding is dead.." when these past few years have seen the biggest growth within the NPC and the IFBB in its entire history?

Probably the largest and fastest growth of any organization of recent within the USA  .... and possibly worldwide.

We mean "dead" as in the entire concept of the healthy ideal along with an aesthetic look has been eschewed in favour of candid chemical warfare. To any outsider it's clearly a joke of a "sport" nowadays, and something you don't tell people you are into. It's embarrassing. The bizarro desire of schmoes has permeated the judging to the point that the opposite of what should be rewarded, is.