Author Topic: What Constitutes Free Speech On Getbig?  (Read 4788 times)

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
What Constitutes Free Speech On Getbig?
« on: July 29, 2017, 10:50:24 AM »
You guys tell me. Seriously, because I look at some of these threads and just  :-\

If we are really free to do whatever we please here, then no thread should ever be deleted for any reason. Right?

Isn't that true "freedom of speech"? Or did we let this go too far, and are now lying in our own shitty beds?

Where is the line drawn? I want opinions.

10pints

• Getbig IV
Re: What Constitutes Free Speech On Getbig?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 11:14:24 AM »
Posting about posting....

It was better when you were not here.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 11:15:29 AM »
Posting about posting....

It was better when you were not here.
There is nobody here.  :-*

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:45:00 AM »
I thought so.

Nobody cares anymore.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 11:52:01 AM »
when you cant used certain words then thats the end of free speech right there

i mean common, a msg board for adults and you cant type the n word?

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 11:53:20 AM »

Fantastic point.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
I think the line is drawn when family members post from accounts to let us know that a poster has died and itball ends up being a lie.

You've killed the board.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 12:25:22 PM »
I think the line is drawn when family members post from accounts to let us know that a poster has died and itball ends up being a lie.

You've killed the board.
No excuses. Getbig has always been known as the wild west, yet as the homophobic and racial slander has increased, the population on Getbig has decreased. Maybe being "Wild" has shown it's true colors.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 12:30:49 PM »
No excuses. Getbig has always been known as the wild west, yet as the homophobic and racial slander has increased, the population on Getbig has decreased. Maybe being "Wild" has shown it's true colors.

Valid point made on a Saturday afternoon in July. Are you thinking of leaving?

You should.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 12:43:40 PM »
Valid point made on a Saturday afternoon in July. Are you thinking of leaving?

You should.
I will be here until the end. I am loyal.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 12:59:25 PM »
According to the "rules," free speech ends with racist language and baseless attacks. But I guess the mods are not keeping track.

Gossip & Opinions
A board where you can discuss, gossip, talk and read the latest news and events about the bodybuilding industry. No racist language, and no baseless attacks on people.
X

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 01:29:25 PM »
I will be here until the end. I am loyal.

https://www.thecabinchiangmai.com/personality-traits-and-characteristics-of-adult-children-of-alcoholics/

My father has been an alcoholic my entire life.........so I recognize your inability to leave abusive relationships.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 01:50:41 PM »
The board is privately owned. Free-speech is what Ron says it is.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 01:59:28 PM »

Yes, it makes sense why Ron wouldn't want racial slurs being used here. He "owns" getbig, and interacts with all different types of races in the bodybuilding/fitness industry. Why would he want his name attached to such statements? Then again, I guess he doesn't mind, considering it continues to happen.
X

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »
Free speech is exactly that,if you can't handle then go hide somewhere as you are to pussy for the world.Though I don't use the n word anymore on here and I don't attack anyone.So whatever the rules I can live with them.Obviously up to Ron but he don't seem to care much,but why limit what anyone says unless they are just rude constantly then I can see deleting their threads or banning them as they ar euseless.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 02:54:15 PM »
Yes, it makes sense why Ron wouldn't want racial slurs being used here. He "owns" getbig, and interacts with all different types of races in the bodybuilding/fitness industry. Why would he want his name attached to such statements? Then again, I guess he doesn't mind, considering it continues to happen.

racial slurs and allowing words isnt the same thing.

google gives 20 million hits on the n word. theyre racist times 20 million!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 03:01:26 PM »

But there are racial slurs here and it is up to Ron's discretion to allow or not allow it. It's his forum.
X

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »
You guys tell me. Seriously, because I look at some of these threads and just  :-\

If we are really free to do whatever we please here, then no thread should ever be deleted for any reason. Right?

Isn't that true "freedom of speech"? Or did we let this go too far, and are now lying in our own shitty beds?

Where is the line drawn? I want opinions.

You're speaking as if you're an equal to Avesher....you're not.  That's the problem with you, Shizzo.  You think that because you've been posting here for 12 years that you are important and you've been going around trying to convince everyone that you are. You are of no importance to Getbig.  You bring nothing to the table.  You are neither a bodybuilder, commentator, radio show host, journalist, fitness guru, drug dealer etc.  You have no actual involvement in the industry whatsoever.  The "Legendary Getbiggers" have at the very least had some involvement in the bodybuilding and/or fitness industry in some way.  Even the True Adonis was a guest on MD No Bull Radio and did the Mr. Getbig.  You have no irons in the fire, you have no skin in the business.  You have not lived for the sport or even picked up a weight for that matter.  You have not contributed anything significant to Getbig.  You were even humiliated and banned on RX Muscle and MD which is why you came back here....posting under the title "King Shizzo" as if someone knows or even cares about you.

Shizzo, all you want from Getbig is to be accepted and admired but the truth is that you're not a "Legendary Getbigger" and you'll never be one of us because you have done absolutely nothing to earn the title.  You're no Adonis, you're no Squadfather, you're no Avesher, you're no OneMoreRep, you're no Fozzle, you're no Mindspin, you're no MartyChampions, you're no anabolichalo, you're no WillGrant, you're no Wiggs, you're no stuntmovie, you're no 240, you're no SoulCrusher....you are absolutely nothing.  You simply don't exist as an actual "somebody" on Getbig other than that loser who was so desperate to be accepted by random people on Getbig that you wrapped your lips around another man's dick and sucked it clean and then posted about it.  Its just sad.....I'm sorry.  I would tell you to shoot yourself in the head but it would be a waste of a good bullet.  You are neither loved or hated...you simply don't belong here.  Please stop pestering people and just go away.....far away.
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2017, 03:06:08 PM »

You're speaking as if you're an equal to Avesher....you're not.  That's the problem with you, Shizzo.  You think that because you've been posting here for 12 years that you are important and you've been going around trying to convince everyone that you are. You are of no importance to Getbig.  You bring nothing to the table.  You are neither a bodybuilder, commentator, radio show host, journalist, fitness guru, drug dealer etc.  You have no actual involvement in the industry whatsoever.  The "Legendary Getbiggers" have at the very least had some involvement in the bodybuilding and/or fitness industry in some way.  Even the True Adonis was a guest on MD No Bull Radio and did the Mr. Getbig.  You have no irons in the fire, you have no skin in the business.  You have not lived for the sport or even picked up a weight for that matter.  You have not contributed anything significant to Getbig.  You were even humiliated and banned on RX Muscle and MD which is why you came back here....posting under the title "King Shizzo" as if someone knows or even cares about you.

Shizzo, all you want from Getbig is to be accepted and admired but the truth is that you're not a "Legendary Getbigger" and you'll never be one of us because you have done absolutely nothing to earn the title.  You're no Adonis, you're no Squadfather, you're no Avesher, you're no OneMoreRep, you're no Fozzle, you're no Mindspin, you're no MartyChampions, you're no anabolichalo, you're no WillGrant, you're no Wiggs, you're no stuntmovie, you're no 240, you're no SoulCrusher....you are absolutely nothing.  You simply don't exist as an actual "somebody" on Getbig other than that loser who was so desperate to be accepted by random people on Getbig that you wrapped your lips around another man's dick and sucked it clean and then posted about it.  Its just sad.....I'm sorry.  I would tell you to shoot yourself in the head but it would be a waste of a good bullet.  You are neither loved or hated...you simply don't belong here.  Please stop pestering people and just go away.....far away.

Vince why haven't you used your connections to promote your online business or website?

Caliber fitness solutions should have dominated the industry. Why did you do nothing with your resources? Otis Nixon is well known by baseball fans, it's a natural segway. I cant comprehend why you haven't recognized this. Don't drop the ball here.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 03:08:57 PM »
But there are racial slurs here and it is up to Ron's discretion to allow or not allow it. It's his forum.

you mean like when people claim phil heath is superior because of his race?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2017, 03:14:30 PM »

Someone will not recover from this.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »

So if 20 million blacks call each other the N word, is it still racist because a white Man didn't do it?

What a crock of shit. A race and culture of people who live like animals feels they are being treated disrespectfully by words?

PC was created to suppress the truth.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2017, 04:53:10 PM »
So if 20 million blacks call each other the N word, is it still racist because a white Man didn't do it?

What a crock of shit. A race and culture of people who live like animals feels they are being treated disrespectfully by words?

PC was created to suppress the truth.

Why do they call themselves niggas?
Q

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 05:48:23 PM »

Because they dont want to be equal to whites, and at the same time they demand equality. Its too complicated to our caucasian brains.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2017, 06:23:23 PM »

They hate each other for being black and they hate themselves for being born black?