Author Topic: Question for getbiggers living in Wyoming,Montana,Idaho,Utah,Colorado  (Read 11966 times)

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
Me and my wife are planning in the next few years to move to that area.
We both have a good job here and a university degree.

The idea of changing place to live is mostly due to the worsening of the situation here in Europe/Italy (you know for sure the reasons): we're looking for a quite and safe place to live.

I would like to have some constructive advice from those who live in these states in order to get a better idea for the final decision.

Of course we're planning holidays there (at least a couple of weeks) and more than once in order to get first-hand impressions.

Nevertheless any insights from people who are actually living there would be precious.

Thanks to all who will contribute.
North of Italy

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Question for getbiggers living in Wyoming,Montana,Idaho,Utah,Colorado
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 02:02:12 AM »
ciao bello!

my mama was in portland and bend oregon last month (yeah, I know it's not one of the states mentioned, but I bet it's similar to all of those you named except colorado)

anyways,  she said that it's pretty peaceful there and she said see saw maybe 5 black folk the whole 10 days she was there

she was visiting an uncle of mine who is an artist and she said bend has a decent sized "art community"

hope that helps you brother

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 02:09:51 AM »

Thanks for your info Dj, just one question: in which way is Colorado so different in comparison to the other states?

(We're just starting planning this so there's still plenty to know and understand).
North of Italy

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 02:38:11 AM »
Thanks for your info Dj, just one question: in which way is Colorado so different in comparison to the other states?

(We're just starting planning this so there's still plenty to know and understand).

I think that colorado is more multicultural,  more races,  with whites still being the majority but a decent number of Hispanics and more backs than the other states

another uncle of mine lived in denver for a few years and I went to visit him twice, I also visited a friend who lived in colorado springs, and what i rememeber is that the sky was actually truly blue, and that the rocky mountins appeared as soon as i hit the colorado border coming from the east

I'm from columbus ohio qand there we have more blacks and more crime than all of those states you mentioned

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 02:57:10 AM »

You really got the point Dj.
We're not that old (45) but we're looking for a safe place with no crime to work and live.

Unfortunately here in Italy (even if we are north) crime rates are climbing and in general the quality of life is getting worse by the day compared to 10 years ago.

Europe is under a big immigration pressure and all services like hospitals, schools, transports are every day nearer to the point of no return.

We're studying the US regulation in order to have the right papers and looking for jobs so that it's all in place before leaving.

North of Italy

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 03:16:17 AM »
We're not that old (45) but we're looking for a safe place with no crime to work and live.

Unfortunately here in Italy (even if we are north) crime rates are climbing and in general the quality of life is getting worse by the day compared to 10 years ago.

Europe is under a big immigration pressure and all services like hospitals, schools, transports are every day nearer to the point of no return.

We're studying the US regulation in order to have the right papers and looking for jobs so that it's all in place before leaving.

I know that Montana has the least people per square Mile than any other state in the USA and utah has lots of Mormons

Mormons are a bit different but I do respect that they behave themselves very well and don't make hardly any sins at all

they don't use drugs or alcohol and don't even have set outside of marriage in general  :) but as my uncles.woulf say they are kinda dull/boring and according to them if you compare their lives to them they'd say theirlive Iis like being shot out of a cannon everyday as they as dull as hell  ;D

anyways if you have any more questions then don't hesitate to ask me

by the way, those states have the rocky mountains,  and they are a cool thing go behold  8)

I'm sorry to hear that about Italy  :(

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 03:19:16 AM »
sorry about the quote mistake but hhopefully you're able to see where my post started without too much trouble

it's a damn pain in the ass pposting from my phone   >:(

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 03:27:51 AM »

No problem Dj.

Thanks a lot for your info, I'm trying to get as much knowledge as possible about this.

Also planning to visit Wyoming in august to get a clearer idea (also it would be nice to see the eclipse on 21st I believe).

North of Italy

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 03:51:33 AM »
how you gonna get a us citizenship

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 03:55:43 AM »
As a resident of Colorado I can vouch for both it's "robust" racial diversity and complete lack of "quiet" in Denver and Colorado Springs. The homeless population is INSANE, between the climate and the legal weed it has become the destination state of choice for those who consider employment beneath them, the homeless camps are utterly mind-blowing , until you've seen them you wouldn't believe it exists in such huge numbers. Literally every corner and on/off ramp has beggars. On the plus side it's a visually breathtaking state and weed is legal.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 04:54:37 AM »
how you gonna get a us citizenship

Thank God is not so easy as here in Europe: you must have a job (above all the will to work!), be educated and have financial stability.
It takes 5 years on average.

North of Italy

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 05:24:22 AM »

The idea of changing place to live is mostly due to the worsening of the situation here in Europe/Italy (you know for sure the reasons): we're looking for a quite and safe place to live.

I would like to have some constructive advice from those who live in these states in order to get a better idea for the final decision.

Of course we're planning holidays there (at least a couple of weeks) and more than once in order to get first-hand impressions.

Nevertheless any insights from people who are actually living there would be precious.

Is it really that bad in Italy? Iv a mate who is living here, Ireland, since she's 8,shes 28 now and her parents and family are from Sicily, they own an Italian takeaway here, and she said Sicily hadn't been affected too bad yet by the refugee crisis

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 05:34:14 AM »

It's very, very sad that you came to the conclusion that it's best to leave your OWN country, but unfortunately those points are valid :-\

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 05:36:20 AM »
well lots of italians left the old country for the us

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 05:43:32 AM »
Is it really that bad in Italy? Iv a mate who is living here, Ireland, since she's 8,shes 28 now and her parents and family are from Sicily, they own an Italian takeaway here, and she said Sicily hadn't been affected too bad yet by the refugee crisis

Actually the situation is better in the south compared to the north (apart from the big camps and the nearby areas).
Most immigrants are coming to the north because regions (and their politicians) belongs more or less all to the left political party.
This means free home, pocket money every day and so on.
All of them receive free health care while normal people ought to pay 90% of it if not more (my case).
This is few lines is the situation.

Honestly I'm sick and tired of seeing disappear my rights and things that I worked hard to have. 
North of Italy

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 05:50:10 AM »
Actually the situation is better in the south compared to the north (apart from the big camps and the nearby areas).
Most immigrants are coming to the north because regions (and their politicians) belongs more or less all to the left political party.
This means free home, pocket money every day and so on.
All of them receive free health care while normal people ought to pay 90% of it if not more (my case).
This is few lines is the situation.

Honestly I'm sick and tired of seeing disappear my rights and things that I worked hard to have. 
It's obviously not as bad here in Ireland yet but any recent migrants we do have get more than Irish people. I kid you not they protested and blocked off a street in this city because the refugee center didn't provide sky sports on the TVs. Myself and local pegida members, mostly polish guys living here, quickly disrupted their protest, I'll likely be facing a court appearance for assault but fuck it, a stand had to be made.  But thats how cheeky and entitled the scum are

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 05:52:58 AM »
It's very, very sad that you came to the conclusion that it's best to leave your OWN country, but unfortunately those points are valid :-\

I agree with you, it's quite sad but as long as you are an honest person with the will to work and improve yourself any place can be good.
Me and my wife we thought about US because we do believe it's one of the last places where if you're willing to do your best you can have what you deserve.
I do not want to sound racist but honestly I don't understand why someone who just jumped off a boat two days ago should have the same rights and access to services we had to work for (more than 20 years and our parents before).
I do not mean to offend anyone but before having something you must deserve it in my opinion.
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 05:59:11 AM »
well lots of italians left the old country for the us

You are spot on RBB: people like these (in fact even worse) are the ones to whom Italy (and Europe) are giving free houses, money, health care.
What can they give us in return since the majority of them are not educated and above all they do not have the "culture" of working?
I see them everyday on my way to the office, walking around with smartphones and new sneakers, just hanging with their friends and obviously not working or seeking a job.
What can we do with this people? What is their contribution to our society?
Again I didn't mean to be racist, just telling as it is.
North of Italy

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 06:18:10 AM »
I agree with you, it's quite sad but as long as you are an honest person with the will to work and improve yourself any place can be good.
Me and my wife we thought about US because we do believe it's one of the last places where if you're willing to do your best you can have what you deserve.
I do not want to sound racist but honestly I don't understand why someone who just jumped off a boat two days ago should have the same rights and access to services we had to work for (more than 20 years and our parents before).
I do not mean to offend anyone but before having something you must deserve it in my opinion.

And many true Europeans share the same feelings. Unfortunately most politicians don't care, or at least, they don't take action to stop this invasion.

The U.S. is prob a good choice, since you will meet many Americans with the same heritage.
You say 'you can have what you deserve'. Don't forget that there's also a lot a luck involved, but you're right, you will always need the right mindset (honest, hard working & positive) to accomplish things.

IMO, you're not racist at all. Your generation has worked hard for centuries with a once great country as a result, and now a significant part of your taxes goes to dumb and lazy fuckwits who are more busy with procreating than contributing to society. You see, they came from unstable & corrupt countries, so guess what prob will happen to Europe...

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 06:32:53 AM »

You are spot on RBB: people like these (in fact even worse) are the ones to whom Italy (and Europe) are giving free houses, money, health care.
What can they give us in return since the majority of them are not educated and above all they do not have the "culture" of working?
I see them everyday on my way to the office, walking around with smartphones and new sneakers, just hanging with their friends and obviously not working or seeking a job.
What can we do with this people? What is their contribution to our society?
Again I didn't mean to be racist, just telling as it is.

Stephen contributed quite alot to society, he played guitar with Bruce Springsteen for years!
Q

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 08:58:51 AM »

Well, Texas here...Houston, but I understand the United States rural West...I would recommend:
  • The Capitol city of those states or
  • Towns with the Major State Universities.

These will have the best opportunities for educated people.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 12:15:02 PM »
Well, Texas here...Houston, but I understand the United States rural West...I would recommend:
  • The Capitol city of those states or
  • Towns with the Major State Universities.

These will have the best opportunities for educated people.

This is good advice.

Montana is still very nice, I have a few friends that moved there from the NorthEast, and they absolutely love the outdoor lifestyle there. It is cold, and stays cold for long periods though, summers are mellow. They live close to Bozeman, and recommend there, Missoula, or Helena as being the most livable if you're use to urbanish living.

There are some foreigners, etc....., around, but Montana is still a pretty conservative, and many of them are tied to church work, so they are pretty squared away.

Know a few folks that live in Wyoming. They've always complained how closed off and desolate it feels during the winters.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »
This is a sad thread. If it's really that bad in Europe it's only a matter of time for the white man ...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2017, 12:36:21 PM »
Out of all the places in the US you could pick, why did you narrow it down to those?

Idaho, Montana and Utah are boring as hell.

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »
Ciao Italianlifter!
Didnt you make a similar post months ago?
Sorry if i'm mistaken.