Author Topic: Question for getbiggers living in Wyoming,Montana,Idaho,Utah,Colorado  (Read 11967 times)

Henda

• Getbig V
Re: Question for getbiggers living in Wyoming,Montana,Idaho,Utah,Colorado
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 12:57:04 PM »
What a heap of fucking shit Europe has become when this is having to happen. Up here in Northumberland it isn't bad yet and hopefully will never be as there's fuck all here for the cu nts but I won't bank on it as ten miles south in Newcastle it's crawling with the vermin they have their own area, would truly hate to have your situation mate sorry to hear it

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »
Me and my wife are planning in the next few years to move to that area.
We both have a good job here and a university degree.

The idea of changing place to live is mostly due to the worsening of the situation here in Europe/Italy (you know for sure the reasons): we're looking for a quite and safe place to live.

I would like to have some constructive advice from those who live in these states in order to get a better idea for the final decision.

Of course we're planning holidays there (at least a couple of weeks) and more than once in order to get first-hand impressions.

Nevertheless any insights from people who are actually living there would be precious.

Thanks to all who will contribute.

Have you any idea about how freaking big and vast those mentioned States are compared to Italy or even europe?
You cant go on a holiday for a couple of weeks to get a good impression. Its to big bro

And stop beeing a scared poofter for a couple of immigrants.
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2017, 01:50:35 PM »
Have you any idea about how freaking big and vast those states are compared to Italy or even europe?
You cant go on a holiday for a couple of weeks to get a good impression. Its to big bro.

And stop beeing a scared poofter for a couple of immigrants. You are romans. Run em out if you dont like them.

'a couple'? Get your facts straight and bring a visit to an Italian city nearby the sea.

We might reach a point where citizens are that fed up by all these gold searchers.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »
'a couple'? Get your facts straight and bring a visit to an Italian city nearby the sea.

We might reach a point where citizens are that fed up by all these gold searchers.

So step away from the internet and go kick the back into the sea if they bother you so much.

Not me I am starting an arabic language course. If you cant beat them join them.
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2017, 02:09:30 PM »
So step away from the internet and go kick the back into the sea if they bother you so much.

Not me I am starting an arabic language course. If you cant beat them join them.

Trolling is always the easy route to avoid a discussion about a serious topic ::)

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 11:08:25 PM »
Well, Texas here...Houston, but I understand the United States rural West...I would recommend:
  • The Capitol city of those states or
  • Towns with the Major State Universities.

These will have the best opportunities for educated people.

Thanks a lot Sync.
Am I correct in saying that the majority of people in those States are state employees?
Got this info from a friend who travelled there quite recently.
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 11:16:34 PM »
This is good advice.

Montana is still very nice, I have a few friends that moved there from the NorthEast, and they absolutely love the outdoor lifestyle there. It is cold, and stays cold for long periods though, summers are mellow. They live close to Bozeman, and recommend there, Missoula, or Helena as being the most livable if you're use to urbanish living.

There are some foreigners, etc....., around, but Montana is still a pretty conservative, and many of them are tied to church work, so they are pretty squared away.

Know a few folks that live in Wyoming. They've always complained how closed off and desolate it feels during the winters.

BB, I really would like a place in the country, also good if it's isolated, buy some land and stay there even if I have to drive some miles to work (I would also like to change from my German sedan to a nice truck btw  ;D ).
I like horses (I had 2 in the past) so the outdoor lifestyle is what I'm looking for.
My wife on the other hand would prefer a more urban type of place but surely less chaotic and safe than big cities here...you know the old saying "happy wife, happy life"...
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 11:22:44 PM »
Out of all the places in the US you could pick, why did you narrow it down to those?

Idaho, Montana and Utah are boring as hell.

Why you consider these places boring LNM? Explain me better since I'm trying to get a much clearer idea.
We were thinking about this area because we're looking for a nice and safe place to live, far from crime, hopefully with job opportunities and with beautiful landscapes.
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2017, 11:32:52 PM »
Ciao Italianlifter!
Didnt you make a similar post months ago?
Sorry if i'm mistaken.

Ciao Azzaro, you're correct.
We were considering to move also a couple of years ago.
It was just a project at that time because of many reasons (family, work etc ): simply put it wasn't the right time.
Now it's all settled down so we can really start doing something.
We don't have children so there will be no issues (losing friends, changing school etc), once it's all clear we'll sell most of the things here and move on.
North of Italy

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2017, 11:33:16 PM »
Well, Texas here...Houston, but I understand the United States rural West...I would recommend:
  • The Capitol city of those states or
  • Towns with the Major State Universities.

These will have the best opportunities for educated people.

Boise, Idaho would certainly fit that criteria.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2017, 11:47:24 PM »
Have you any idea about how freaking big and vast those mentioned States are compared to Italy or even europe?
You cant go on a holiday for a couple of weeks to get a good impression. Its to big bro

And stop beeing a scared poofter for a couple of immigrants.

I get your point Olke, all friends who went to the US told me that: the sheer size of those areas are difficult to understand for us Europeans.
When I drive to Rome for work I cover roughly 350 miles and for us it's a lot, but it's nothing if you live in those States.
We'll need to get used to it.

As for immigrants we're not scared, we're sick and tired: there are small towns nearby (say 500 to 1000 inhabitants) who are forced by government to receive 500, 600 of them, sometimes even more.
It just don't make sense anymore.
This is affecting not only safety and crime rates, it's also putting all services (schools, hospitals etc etc) on the edge of collapse.
I give you an example: few weeks ago I needed to have my shoulders checked because of calcium deposits and in the local hospital the waiting time was 8 months.
Did it the next day in a private clinic, but those who can't afford it are compelled to wait and maybe for far more serious issues than a sore shoulder.
North of Italy

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2017, 11:55:33 PM »
Maybe Reno, Nevada would be another option. Quarter million people. 20 minutes away from Lake Tahoe.

Flagstaff, AZ has really nice scenery but do not know much about job prospects.

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 12:22:43 AM »
I get your point Olke, all friends who went to the US told me that: the sheer size of those areas are difficult to understand for us Europeans.
When I drive to Rome for work I cover roughly 350 miles and for us it's a lot, but it's nothing if you live in those States.
We'll need to get used to it.

As for immigrants we're not scared, we're sick and tired: there are small towns nearby (say 500 to 1000 inhabitants) who are forced by government to receive 500, 600 of them, sometimes even more.
It just don't make sense anymore.
This is affecting not only safety and crime rates, it's also putting all services (schools, hospitals etc etc) on the edge of collapse.
I give you an example: few weeks ago I needed to have my shoulders checked because of calcium deposits and in the local hospital the waiting time was 8 months.
Did it the next day in a private clinic, but those who can't afford it are compelled to wait and maybe for far more serious issues than a sore shoulder.

I can imagine this is not a  good situation and that you might have had enough of it all. But maybe in a couple of years thing are different and al lot of problems will be resolved. In that case you might have regrets about moving tot the USA. Immigration is often very hard to do and not always worth starting all over again and leaving family behind on another continent. But that is just me.
O

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 06:37:20 AM »
I moved two times in my life, changing city (first time to go to University and second because of my job) and you're right in saying it can be tough.

Your idea that things can change is the result (good) of living in the US I believe.

And this is another reason why I'm planning all this: you see in Europe people are more or less fatalist about their future since politics are only taking wrong directions.

It is not realistic to believe that in a couple of years things will improve: by looking at the last 10 years all we saw was involution and the final result is we're totally losing control of the situation.

North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 06:43:46 AM »
It's obviously not as bad here in Ireland yet but any recent migrants we do have get more than Irish people. I kid you not they protested and blocked off a street in this city because the refugee center didn't provide sky sports on the TVs. Myself and local pegida members, mostly polish guys living here, quickly disrupted their protest, I'll likely be facing a court appearance for assault but fuck it, a stand had to be made.  But thats how cheeky and entitled the scum are

I was in Dublin in 1990 to study English, such a nice place.
People were so kind and helpful with us students, I was in Dundram (sp?) living with an Irish family for one month.
During the day I attended school and in the evening to pay my stay I was selling fried chips and chickens at a local store  ;D
Those were the days!
North of Italy

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2017, 06:50:00 AM »
So far I've moved more then 10 times. Moving itself sucks, but there's no price tag for all the experiences, the people I've met and the inspiration as a result from that.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2017, 07:00:24 AM »
Chaos is coming to Europe.
The US, for all its faults and problems, seems like a nice option in parts given you're a well performing person. Its vast territory alone is worth the "gamble".

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2017, 08:42:23 AM »
Why you consider these places boring LNM? Explain me better since I'm trying to get a much clearer idea.
We were thinking about this area because we're looking for a nice and safe place to live, far from crime, hopefully with job opportunities and with beautiful landscapes.

They are boring to me because there simply isn't anything to do there.  I live in Ft Lauderdale.  The beach is .8 miles away.  Beautiful weather year around, low humidity (compared to most places), not fast paced like NYC but not slow like Memphis either. 

It really depends on what your interests are.  When I moved here I wanted : 1) a place with great weather as the pollen season in GA absolutely crippled me every year  2) a place near the beach  3) a place that supported my career path (health care field).  I chose here.

I have a side gig that I do photography for a tour company that sells dream vacations.  5-7 weeks a year I travel around and have been lucky enough to have trotted all over the world.  While Ft Lauderdale is not a metropolis or fast paced culture hub like NYC, LA, etc.... it is still good enough keep my wanderlust in check a bit.  Which would be completely unlikely in places like Utah, Idaho, etc..

It just comes down to what you like and a balance of social/professional/personal tastes.  But saying "far from crime" isn't really cutting it.  There is crime every where. 

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2017, 10:43:33 AM »
Thanks a lot Sync.
Am I correct in saying that the majority of people in those States are state employees?
Got this info from a friend who travelled there quite recently.

Most of the prosperous people are state employees in these states.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2017, 10:45:52 AM »
I was in Dublin in 1990 to study English, such a nice place.
People were so kind and helpful with us students, I was in Dundram (sp?) living with an Irish family for one month.
During the day I attended school and in the evening to pay my stay I was selling fried chips and chickens at a local store  ;D
Those were the days!
Dundrum man

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2017, 01:54:00 PM »
I moved two times in my life, changing city (first time to go to University and second because of my job) and you're right in saying it can be tough.

Your idea that things can change is the result (good) of living in the US I believe.

And this is another reason why I'm planning all this: you see in Europe people are more or less fatalist about their future since politics are only taking wrong directions.

It is not realistic to believe that in a couple of years things will improve: by looking at the last 10 years all we saw was involution and the final result is we're totally losing control of the situation.

I also live in Europe. So I undertand what you are saying.
Keep us posted on your immigration plans bro.
O

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2017, 02:01:43 PM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »

You are exactly what I was referring to in another thread. You'll be converting to that terrorist cult soon enough.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2017, 05:50:53 PM »
You really got the point Dj.
We're not that old (45) but we're looking for a safe place with no crime to work and live.

Unfortunately here in Italy (even if we are north) crime rates are climbing and in general the quality of life is getting worse by the day compared to 10 years ago.

Europe is under a big immigration pressure and all services like hospitals, schools, transports are every day nearer to the point of no return.

We're studying the US regulation in order to have the right papers and looking for jobs so that it's all in place before leaving.

what are your lifts these days seeing where your strength level is at
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2017, 10:47:22 PM »

Idaho and Montana are  probably not booming with jobs.
X