Author Topic: Question for getbiggers living in Wyoming,Montana,Idaho,Utah,Colorado  (Read 11943 times)

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
Re: Question for getbiggers living in Wyoming,Montana,Idaho,Utah,Colorado
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2017, 11:45:01 PM »
Bend OR is beautiful but expensive and jobs are thin.  Montana and Wyoming are some of the most beautiful places on earth but work is very slim and pay rate is 60% comparable to other states.  Winters are also long.  Natural not man rule in those areas and you have to be comfortable with that.

Colorado has lots of work but cost of living is high and the politics is iffy.  It used to be a solid conservative state but there's been an influx of of middle class people coming from Seattle, Portland and California (ironically because of the tax rate and property expenses) and they've gotten themselves into power...and they've instituted some of the same retarded progressive policies that caused them to leave.

For work opportunities, 0% state income tax, low cost of living and cheap housing you can't beat Texas...but it's hot :)

Didn't know about the 0% income tax in Texas.
I'm still studying all this and your help is much appreciated for sure.
Not to offend anyone but I'm def looking for a conservative state for all the reasons you might imagine.
I also have to check how to keep my handguns and rifles, if the procedure is not too complicated I would like to bring them all with me, otherwise I guess I'll have to sell them and buy new ones there.
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2017, 11:45:50 PM »
Mentioned states :

Boring and cold?  ;D
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2017, 11:50:08 PM »
I highly recommend Mississippi for you.
but ye.. how the hell do you plan on getting a company to sponsor your euro ass? Unless you're from a 3rd world country and can get a H1B visa your chances are slim. Better if you check out Australia instead.

Why you suggest Mississippi Sizwe?
About the procedure I'm studying check what I wrote to BBFan.
Australia: my aunt moved there about two years ago and she's loving it, but she's retired and not in need for a job like me.
Also she loves the weather there which I do not.
North of Italy

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2017, 04:15:27 AM »
I guess you are right SF, currently I'm searching a job on these web sites, but it will be a long process.

Indeed.com
SimplyHired.com
Monster.com
Glassdoor.com
Idealist.org
Internships.com
USAJobs.gov
The Wall Street Journal Careers Site
Dice.com
About.com/careers
Jobbook.com

I'm sure you'll find something! Just keep looking.
X

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2017, 01:56:15 PM »
Montanas state population is 1.043 million
Idahos state population is 1.683 million

New York state population 20 million
California state population 39.25 million

Do you think Montana and Idaho is going to be exploding with jobs? Probably not. Granted, less people are probably applying for positions in Montana or Idaho. However, with a population that small, jobs are most likely not booming.

Omg these states are empty! The scenery / nature must be fantastic!
O

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2017, 03:22:50 PM »
I once drove from Boise to Denver along I84, I80, and I25, which go through Utah and Wyoming.  I would recommend you make to same drive to evaluate the differences between these states.  It was majestically beautiful and at times completely isolated. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »

Great places for someone who works from home, like a writer, artist or programmer

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »

When I drove from Boise to Ogden I made sure to stop for gas at every station I saw because there was nothing out there and if you get low on gas it might be sixty miles to the next station.

Derrick Rigg

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2017, 04:13:04 PM »
The suicide rates in the US are 13.0 deaths in 100,000. Some states in the US have recorded rates that are higher than the overall rates in the country, and this includes Alaska which has the highest rate at 21.8. Other states with high suicide rates include Montana with 20.4 deaths, Nevada with 18.4 deaths, Colorado at 16.7, West Virginia (16.6), Arizona (15.9), Kentucky (15.3), Idaho (14.9), North Dakota (14.9), Oklahoma (14.7), Maine (14.5), Utah (14.3), Vermont (14.3), Arkansas (14.2), Florida (14.2), Kansas (13.8), Missouri (13.7) and Tennessee (13.7). The causes for the high suicide rates have been stated as access to firearms, mental illnesses, substance abuse, and poor access to medical care for mental illnesses.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2017, 04:51:35 PM »
I guess you are right SF, currently I'm searching a job on these web sites, but it will be a long process.

Indeed.com
SimplyHired.com
Monster.com
Glassdoor.com
Idealist.org
Internships.com
USAJobs.gov
The Wall Street Journal Careers Site
Dice.com
About.com/careers
Jobbook.com

What is it you do?

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2017, 11:55:21 PM »
I once drove from Boise to Denver along I84, I80, and I25, which go through Utah and Wyoming.  I would recommend you make to same drive to evaluate the differences between these states.  It was majestically beautiful and at times completely isolated. 

That's more than 800 miles.
You stopped for one night or did it in just one day?
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2017, 11:59:27 PM »
The suicide rates in the US are 13.0 deaths in 100,000. Some states in the US have recorded rates that are higher than the overall rates in the country, and this includes Alaska which has the highest rate at 21.8. Other states with high suicide rates include Montana with 20.4 deaths, Nevada with 18.4 deaths, Colorado at 16.7, West Virginia (16.6), Arizona (15.9), Kentucky (15.3), Idaho (14.9), North Dakota (14.9), Oklahoma (14.7), Maine (14.5), Utah (14.3), Vermont (14.3), Arkansas (14.2), Florida (14.2), Kansas (13.8), Missouri (13.7) and Tennessee (13.7). The causes for the high suicide rates have been stated as access to firearms, mental illnesses, substance abuse, and poor access to medical care for mental illnesses.

I don't get your point Derrik, maybe you meant to underline that these States are quite isolated? But on the other side the main causes for suicides are mental illnesses and substance abuse which can be high in every city.
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2017, 12:02:01 AM »
Great places for someone who works from home, like a writer, artist or programmer

I did that in the past, to help pay bill when I was at University, it's good since you work mostly at home, but the problem is you never stop working.
Since you're doing it at home it just become normal to go on working even after dinner or late at night.
As with all things there is good and bad I guess.
North of Italy

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2017, 05:34:59 AM »
I did that in the past, to help pay bill when I was at University, it's good since you work mostly at home, but the problem is you never stop working.
Since you're doing it at home it just become normal to go on working even after dinner or late at night.
As with all things there is good and bad I guess.

Working at home has it's pros & cons. I guess it just depends on your personality and circumstances if it works in your advantage or not. Creating a healthy balance between work and private life can also become a challenge for those who work on an office. I mean, how many people have a corporate laptop & phone these days? The thing is that most folks don't dare to say 'no' to their boss, esp during tough economic times.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2017, 12:07:15 PM »

Alot of those western states have speed limits of 75 and sometimes 80 mph.

Bring along some Craze or old school Ultimate Orange and you could knock out that trip, no problems.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2017, 12:58:44 PM »
You have to wonder about these people. The gold rush is over. Why are they still there?

El Diablo Blanco.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2017, 03:09:19 PM »

The whole trip was 2000 miles.  That was just the part through the states you're interested in.  I stopped by 10:00 pm every night and stayed at a hotel.    

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »
Working at home has it's pros & cons. I guess it just depends on your personality and circumstances if it works in your advantage or not. Creating a healthy balance between work and private life can also become a challenge for those who work on an office. I mean, how many people have a corporate laptop & phone these days? The thing is that most folks don't dare to say 'no' to their boss, esp during tough economic times.

That is exactly my case: after years working 13, 14 hours a day my wife was getting mad and we were facing a crisis.
Took me quite an effort to see she was right and in the end I changed my habits, but not so much in reality.
I mostly try to do my best with her in my free time: dinner out, a weekend here and there to the spa and so on...
But I still have to check my emails constantly  ;D ;D ;D
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2017, 11:13:24 PM »
Alot of those western states have speed limits of 75 and sometimes 80 mph.

Bring along some Craze or old school Ultimate Orange and you could knock out that trip, no problems.

80 mph is not bad at all, in my ignorance I was assuming the (in)famous 55 mph limit was almost everywhere in the US.
But if you have just to go from A to B you almost always want to rush it, if instead you can look at beautiful landscapes going slower can be fine.
Travelling for work I frequently do more than 600 miles in a day, but mostly in Germany and France where you can reasonably go at the speed you want without problems.
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »
You have to wonder about these people. The gold rush is over. Why are they still there?

El Diablo Blanco.

Which people Phoenix?
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2017, 11:15:54 PM »
The whole trip was 2000 miles.  That was just the part through the states you're interested in.  I stopped by 10:00 pm every night and stayed at a hotel.    

2000 miles?? Which was your itinerary?
North of Italy

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2017, 01:42:51 AM »
That is exactly my case: after years working 13, 14 hours a day my wife was getting mad and we were facing a crisis.
Took me quite an effort to see she was right and in the end I changed my habits, but not so much in reality.
I mostly try to do my best with her in my free time: dinner out, a weekend here and there to the spa and so on...
But I still have to check my emails constantly  ;D ;D ;D

I know this is an off-topic, but I've got a nice challenge for you: leave your phone/laptop at home.
Being a workaholic, a friend of mine lost his beautiful girlfriend. Face it, someone else who's checking his/her screen every x minutes is fucking annoying.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2017, 01:03:40 PM »
I know this is an off-topic, but I've got a nice challenge for you: leave your phone/laptop at home.
Being a workaholic, a friend of mine lost his beautiful girlfriend. Face it, someone else who's checking his/her screen every x minutes is fucking annoying.

To be honest I have to say you're right Drop, but my company although not so big by Us standards has customers in almost all time zones.
It starts early in the morning with Japan, Thailand and Indonesia and the day ends quite late with folks from Us, Mexico and Brazil.
Being a salesman nowadays puts you constantly under pressure since you're facing hard competition and time to revert with answers and quotations ought to be faster and faster.
North of Italy

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2017, 01:18:37 PM »
To be honest I have to say you're right Drop, but my company although not so big by Us standards has customers in almost all time zones.
It starts early in the morning with Japan, Thailand and Indonesia and the day ends quite late with folks from Us, Mexico and Brazil.
Being a salesman nowadays puts you constantly under pressure since you're facing hard competition and time to revert with answers and quotations ought to be faster and faster.

And I'm sorry for being right ;D

All kidding aside, I get what you're saying. My ex was working as a senior buyer for an electronics company, so most of the business was with China, Taiwan, etc. The average order was the equivalent of a nice car, so they responded right away and treated her like a queen when she was sourcing.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
You get my point damn well. Also working with Asian people is quite crazy (at least in my type of business) : sometimes I wonder if they even sleep at all!
North of Italy