Author Topic: Flex Wheelers body fat  (Read 55969 times)

mikediesel

• Getbig III
Re: Flex Wheelers body fat
« Reply #125 on: July 01, 2006, 10:56:21 PM »
wheeler is the man!!

WOW Flex looks great in those pics, are they from the 93 Olympia where Jim Quinn states that Flex had a skinfold measurement done at Golds and it was 0.0% the lowest ever tested at Golds?

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2006, 01:32:26 AM »
WOW Flex looks great in those pics, are they from the 93 Olympia where Jim Quinn states that Flex had a skinfold measurement done at Golds and it was 0.0% the lowest ever tested at Golds?

Even if they were from the '93 O, it is technically impossible to have 0.0% bodyfat while competing unless you were dead! 

;D

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2006, 01:37:03 AM »
Even if they were from the '93 O, it is technically impossible to have 0.0% bodyfat while competing unless you were dead! 

;D

Sexual Mustard, you might want to ask Jim Quinn about the possibility of Flex having 0.0% bodyfat. Do any getbig members know Jim's exact quote on Flex's body fat measurments taken at Golds??
 ???

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2006, 02:55:16 AM »
Sexual Mustard, you might want to ask Jim Quinn about the possibility of Flex having 0.0% bodyfat. Do any getbig members know Jim's exact quote on Flex's body fat measurments taken at Golds??
 ???

Not sure of the exact quote, but even if Jim Quinn DID say that Flex had 0.0& bodyfat, it is technically impossible to have 0.0% bodyfat while competing unless you were dead!

:-\

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2006, 03:00:56 AM »
Well, I don't care what any of you morons say, Jim Quinn said that Bill Smith did a skin fold measurement which showed 0.0% bodyfat on Flex Wheeler at the Gold's in Venice one week before the 93 Mr. Olympia. Jim also said Flex was the only bodybuilder to ever do that.

There you have it folks, if Jim Quinn says it's true, then it's definitely true.  His word is as good as Chick's.

What if Bill was wrong? :-\ What then?

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2006, 04:04:40 AM »
 ???
Mike, don't quote me on this but I heard through the grapevine that Jim Quinn said that they did a skin fold measurement which showed 0.0% bodyfat on Flex Wheeler at the Gold's in Venice one week before the 93 Mr. Olympia. He also said Flex was the only bodybuilder to ever do that.

jandal.ninja

• Getbig II
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2006, 04:08:30 AM »
they should say 5% bodyfat is the equivelent for 0%

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2006, 12:13:43 PM »
here you go...heres the link to where jim quinnn said he had  0 % body fat....

its about 51 seconds in.

d[-_-]b actin all cool

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2006, 06:21:33 PM »
I don't want to hear any of you "EXPERTS" on bodyfat talk any more smack about Flex's bodyfat until YOUR bodyfat is lower than his in this pic (93 Mr.O)

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2006, 06:22:41 PM »
Talk, talk, talk........BACK it up ;)

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2006, 06:39:18 PM »
yes Fred, he is about 3% and diced beyond all belief.  His Arnold form that year was untouchable.  He would have won the Mr. Olympia if he could have duplicated it.  However, nobody has zero percent bodyfat.  For one thing, skin calipers are notoriously unreliable at the extremes (exceedingly low BF or grotesquely obese).  That is why water densitometry and DEXA scans are the gold standard.  Unfortunately, these test still have inaccuracies.  To measure zero percent, essentially they could not measure any skin fold measurements on Flex.  Does that sound possible.  As people have said before, when he is buried and all bones.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2006, 06:43:11 PM »
I don't want to hear any of you "EXPERTS" on bodyfat talk any more smack about Flex's bodyfat until YOUR bodyfat is lower than his in this pic (93 Mr.O)

I am sure there is a scientist somewhere whose bodyfat is above 3%, who could clearly tell us why a person with a legit 0.0% bodyfat would not be alive.

NeverTrustABlonde

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2006, 06:55:15 PM »
adipose tissue has some endocrine function....... it's used by your body to produce some essential hormones..... may be why they say 2% is essential bf for men

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2006, 08:52:30 PM »
Well the bodyfat measurements do not lie, as during the commentary for the 93 Olympia , Jim Quinn stated that Flex had a skinfold measurement done at Golds and it was 0.0%, the lowest ever tested there.
that is what i read on getbig.com

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2006, 08:53:59 PM »
wheeler is the man!!
there has to be a quart or two in his arms in the first pic.  :D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2006, 09:57:27 PM »
there has to be a quart or two in his arms in the first pic.  :D

Not to mention the delts..... :-\

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2006, 10:43:59 PM »

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2006, 04:20:39 AM »
the fact remains. the guy who said that flex's bodyfat was 0.0 is wrong. doesn't matter that the skinfold measurement said that. it was not acurate. not a knock on flex it's just impossible.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2006, 04:41:17 AM »

Impressive.

And probably around 2-3 % BF?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2006, 08:36:05 AM »

Impressive.

And probably around 2-3 % BF?

YIP
Zack

Yeah I see some fat on him too.
just push some weight!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2006, 08:38:59 AM »
 Flex stored a good deal of fat in his too soft glutes.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2006, 08:50:31 AM »

You don't get it dude, do you Blockhead?!?!?! 
Nobody here is saying that he didn't have 0% subcutaneous bodyfat. He was ripped, that is apparently and obvious.
But Fred, your claiming that he had ZERO fat on his entire body....meaning that his brain would no longer be a brain. Or his kidney's, lungs, or any other body organ that is made of fat.
Just because you say you were there, does not mean that he had zero percent bodyfat. That's like saying because you watched George Foreman knockout Mike Tyson, it was you that knocked him out instead.
He is ripped, but 0% in IMPOSSIBLE. Moron.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2006, 09:04:19 PM »
Nobody here is saying that he didn't have 0% subcutaneous bodyfat. He was ripped, that is apparently and obvious.
But Fred, your claiming that he had ZERO fat on his entire body....meaning that his brain would no longer be a brain. Or his kidney's, lungs, or any other body organ that is made of fat.
Just because you say you were there, does not mean that he had zero percent bodyfat. That's like saying because you watched George Foreman knockout Mike Tyson, it was you that knocked him out instead.

Calm down Sparky.

I did NOT say Flex had zero % bodyfat. I simply stated the results from the Skyndex device.

What I DID say was that I don't want to hear you talk anymore smack until your back is as lean as his his END OF STORY!!

You guys are so quick to be critical of some of the best bodybuilders in history. You probably couldn't win the MISS Hawian Tropic contest if it was judged on muscle mass.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2006, 09:10:09 PM »

You know what I really find interesting......... I have NEVER met anyone with big enough balls to call me a moron to my face. Yet you are so quick to "TYPE" insulting comments from your computer keyboard.

An ADULT has a debate or carries on dialouge without using insulting words while trying to RESPECT the other person. Something to think about ;)