Author Topic: Manfort's home searched by FBI  (Read 10030 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Manfort's home searched by FBI
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2017, 10:04:15 PM »
Lying and getting a warrant IS getting a warrant by saying "we want one".

I'd post some more links, but I see skeletal already beat me to it.

no it's not

saying "we want one" and lying/using deception to get that are two different things

do you think Mueller lied or just said "we want one" ?

I'm only asking because that's what we're talking about...right?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2017, 10:19:10 PM »
Lol, maybe Manfort or Manafort or whatever his name is will go down.  I don't know.  Perhaps he's a crook.

But you want to see what slippery bastards do in action, look at Minneapolis (for one thing) where the cops actually managed to gain entry to search the residence of their victim when it hadn't a valid THING to do with any information they'd had up to that point.

They wanted so badly to find something to excuse or at least lessen the terrible appearance of their cold-blooded killing, they got right down to business and handled it without a hint of resistance from anyone.

So if you expect that everything works in a "fair" manner, you can think again.  Don't jump to conclusions.  Very, very ignorant.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2017, 10:22:36 PM »
Thanks, guys.  Yeah, we could make a 100-page thread on that subject alone.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2017, 10:28:12 PM »
no it's not

saying "we want one" and lying/using deception to get that are two different things

do you think Mueller lied or just said "we want one" ?

I'm only asking because that's what we're talking about...right?

::)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2017, 10:43:47 PM »
I hope you're not asking whether it's in the realm of possibility that something may have been misrepresented, Straw.  At this point, I'd have to think you're trolling us for some reason.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2017, 04:19:05 AM »
It exists in your paranoid conspiracy theorist mind. 

We can debate on this form all we want and I enjoy it.

However, the only thing that will matter in the end is the findings of the special consul investigation.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2017, 10:12:36 AM »
An investigation starts with evidence.  You don't start an investigation into something without at least some evidence of a crime.  In this situation, there is zero.  If there was anything, even a shred, it would have been leaked. 

How do you know every person close to Trump lied on "security clearance forms"? 

Collusion is not a crime.  And no, meeting with someone to possibly obtain opposition research on your political opponent is not a crime. 

I'm not sure how this will end , but let's just say it looks bad for team Trump, at THIS point.

It's like seeing a drunk ho leaving the club with  3 biker dudes .
She may not be butt raped, but her anus is clearly in danger.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2017, 10:17:20 AM »
I hope you're not asking whether it's in the realm of possibility that something may have been misrepresented, Straw.  At this point, I'd have to think you're trolling us for some reason.

sure, let's just speculate that Mueller somehow got a judge to issue a search warrant based on "we want one"

I'm sure that would hold up great in court

no doubt Mueller and the judge are both that stupid

that seems to make the most sense

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #83 on: August 11, 2017, 10:38:31 AM »
sure, let's just speculate that Mueller somehow got a judge to issue a search warrant based on "we want one"

Does it mean you believe all searches are valid, as long as they have paperwork to back them?

That can't be so, because how do you explain the mountain of those which weren't/aren't?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 11, 2017, 10:48:24 AM »

Exactly the point.

If Mueller wants any charge to stick he knows he needs to be VERY careful about HIS actions.
You know , the first things Manafort's lawyers checked out was the details on the search warrant.

Notice the Trump supporters have yet to find anything careless about Mueller's investigation.
You KNOW, the Trump supporters would be all over ANYTHING Mueller did wrong.

The current team Trump supporter defense for the investigation is :

1. Try to switch the topic to what Hillary did

2. Claim the core content of the Russia stuff is nothing and the investigation is done to hurt Trump.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2017, 10:55:45 AM »
Does it mean you believe all searches are valid, as long as they have paperwork to back them?

That can't be so, because how do you explain the mountain of those which weren't/aren't?

who's talking about all search warrants

I'm talking about Mueller

The guy leading the most high profile criminal investigation in this country

Former head of the FBI who worked 12 years at US Attorney Office in various positions prosecuting very high profile cases.
He also has a staff of high level attorneys working for him

I'm pretty sure this guy knows how to request a valid and legally defensible search warrant

Not exactly the same as a beat cop lying to get a search warrant on some low level drug dealer

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2017, 11:13:09 AM »
who's talking about all search warrants

I'm talking about Mueller

The guy leading the most high profile criminal investigation in this country

Former head of the FBI who worked 12 years at US Attorney Office in various positions prosecuting very high profile cases.
He also has a staff of high level attorneys working for him

I'm pretty sure this guy knows how to request a valid and legally defensible search warrant

Not exactly the same a beat cop lying to get a search warrant on some low level drug dealer

You have faith that everything's good and right in this case, based on that.  OK.

I'm not about to defend Manafort against the idea he's possibly crooked, but I'm not as confident in this process as you.  Not even close.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2017, 11:18:28 AM »
You have faith that everything's good and right in this case, based on that.  OK.

I'm not about to defend Manafort against the idea he's possibly crooked, but I'm not as confident in this process as you.  Not even close.

I'm not at all concerned about "the process" in this case for all the reasons explained in prior posts

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »
I'm glad they are looking into Trump's whore secretary too! I bet she's guzzled gallons of Russian jizz and hacked voting machines in North Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
a

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2017, 11:23:58 AM »
I'm not at all concerned about "the process" in this case for all the reasons explained in prior posts

You're not concerned, because you can't allow yourself to miss the slightest shot against anyone associated with Trump.  Just like others on this board who did and do the same with Obama and his.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »
You're not concerned, because you can't allow yourself to miss the slightest shot against anyone associated with Trump.  Just like others on this board who did and do the same with Obama and his.

Mueller's reputation has been beyond reproach his whole career. Why would you think this investigation will be any different?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »

it's got absolutely nothing to do with Trump

I believe Mueller and his team are smart enough to get a valid and legally defensible warrant

They would be stupid to do otherwise

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »
Mueller's reputation has been beyond reproach his whole career. Why would you think this investigation will be any different?

I don't know that's true, for one thing.  And I sincerely doubt Mueller has been involved in anything such as this, previously.

And just to be clear: I'm not about to pretend to think Manafort absolutely hasn't been up to making tidy little deals for himself that he may now regret.  For all I know, he has.

BTW, anyone know much about him?  How much money does he have?  A million, maybe?  Millions?  Many multi-millions?  

About how wealthy is he known to be?  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
We can debate on this form all we want and I enjoy it.

However, the only thing that will matter in the end is the findings of the special consul investigation.

You don't debate.  You regurgitate talking points and run away and/or make some juvenile unfunny comment when pressed to support the absurd things you repeat.  

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2017, 11:58:40 AM »
it's got absolutely nothing to do with Trump

I believe Mueller and his team are smart enough to get a valid and legally defensible warrant

They would be stupid to do otherwise

The situation with Manafort?  Yeah, I'd say that's most likely true.

Your reasons for posting?  Bullshit.  Show me your critical posts against Hillary or Obama or some other like person.

You act just like the guys you fight against.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2017, 12:11:26 PM »
You don't debate.  You regurgitate talking points and run away and/or make some juvenile unfunny comment when pressed to support the absurd things you repeat.  

He's got you, here, Howard.  You're a good dude but you're a pro-bullshitter when it comes to politics.  I bet even you'd admit it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »
The situation with Manafort?  Yeah, I'd say that's most likely true.

Your reasons for posting?  Bullshit.  Show me your critical posts against Hillary or Obama or some other like person.

You act just like the guys you fight against.

I've made it quite clear as to why I don't doubt Mueller got a valid an enforceable search warrant

why don't you post your reasoning why you think he didn't

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2017, 12:15:03 PM »
I don't know that's true, for one thing.  And I sincerely doubt Mueller has been involved in anything such as this, previously.

And just to be clear: I'm not about to pretend to think Manafort absolutely hasn't been up to making tidy little deals for himself that he may now regret.  For all I know, he has.

BTW, anyone know much about him?  How much money does he have?  A million, maybe?  Millions?  Many multi-millions?  

About how wealthy is he known to be?  

Mannefort is being investigated for white collar financial crimes

Mueller has well known background in these types of cases as do many of the lawyers on his team

How about you produce something other than your gut feelings

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2017, 12:17:45 PM »
I've made it quite clear as to why I don't doubt Mueller got a valid an enforceable search warrant

why don't you post your reasoning why you think he didn't

I think it's possible, yes, because it happens regularly.

BTW: Do you have any idea of what his wealth may be?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2017, 12:21:02 PM »
Mannefort is being investigated for white collar financial crimes

Mueller has well known background in these types of cases as do many of the lawyers on his team

How about you produce something other than your gut feelings

So they're very experienced in doing these types of things.  OK.