Author Topic: RIP - Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room - Died 08-25-17  (Read 476780 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Prayers for Rich Piana - Rushed to Emergency Room
« Reply #475 on: August 12, 2017, 04:04:31 PM »
It's both, accidental and purposeful.  Mostly accidental, as drug dealers don't want to kill off their customers as it would be counter productive for business.  When done purposeful, Fentanyl is cut into cocaine and MDMA and other drugs in very miniscule amounts (few hundred micrograms - the weight of a single grain of salt) because it's dirt cheap and a little goes a long long way in increasing the potency of the recreational drugs. When cut properly, it's more cost effective than it would be to increase the purity of the cocaine. Fentanyl is what killed Prince.

I hadn't realised this about Prince - thanks.  And one has to wonder at the ability of the average UGL to adulterate powders to that degree of accuracy, surely?

A kilogram will produce a half a million doses.  It's dirty bomb dangerous

Yikes!  :o

So with this in mind (and I know it's a terribly ghoulish thing to speculate) one possible scenario of what happened could go something like:

> Rich is chilling with a few lines of "good sh1t" Monday night and getting his hair styled
> Accidentally ingests a couple grains worth of this stuff
> Sudden syncope
> Straight down and strikes head on tiled floor (causing sub-dural haematoma?)
> CPR until paramedics arrive
> Coma induced at hospital

So what's next?  If it was a haematoma might surgery be indicated?  Or if this Fentanyl sh1t is involved, perhaps the head-strike is a red herring and the drug actually stopped his heart?

This thread needs more wild speculation, spurious logic and broscience!

T

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #476 on: August 12, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »
Hope Rich makes it
Q

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #477 on: August 12, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »
Hope Rich makes it

Me too - genuinely and absolutely.
T

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #478 on: August 12, 2017, 04:10:41 PM »

This thread needs more wild speculation, spurious logic and broscience!

There's plenty of spurious logic and broscience on Getbig.

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #479 on: August 12, 2017, 04:15:12 PM »

There's plenty of spurious logic and broscience on Getbig.

Agreed.  Just not enough in this thread. It's almost like the tragedy has made a lot of posters act with a modicum of decorum... who'd a thunk it?
T

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #480 on: August 12, 2017, 04:57:40 PM »
Just strange with Rich being so open about his health on YouTube

That they are being so shit in about it -  either hardcore drugs are involved or his has some serious brain damage at this point , from fall or hypoxia

Just seems like by now , almost 6 days , we'd have us a thumbs up from a hospital bed or a pic with that crew that looks like they work the concession stand at Thunderdome

Just speculating and all the best to big diesel , does a lot for bid dudes and he's a nice guy

BUT - dudes shares info like a school girl and his social media had gone silent even before this , with the lumpy shoulder pic and his wife made that IG post about no more updates ? Why tho ?

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #481 on: August 12, 2017, 05:34:13 PM »
It's getting out of hand in British Columbia.  Averaging 4.5 deaths per day at one point.  On pace for 1400 deaths this year, and it's not a large province. Just 4.5 million people, compared to 49 million people in California.  You get a single granule of fentanyl in your line of blow, and you'll think it's the best blow you've ever had.  You get several granules in your line of blow, and you won't be thinking anything, as you'll likely be dead.  That's the margin of error with fentanyl.  And Carfentanil is 100 times more powerful than fentanyl.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/b-c-opioid-crisis-136-people-died-of-suspected-drug-overdoses-in-april

That's a shit ton of people when you've got to reckon that the majority of the users are in a narrow band of 18-35 year old party types. The Vancouver scene must have had a lot of problems.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: August 12, 2017, 05:44:16 PM »
The whole story sounds strange. He is getting his hair cut at home, and snoring some lines in between? Then he collapses and his head hits the toilet?
I have a hard time believing this nonsense.

He was scared and concerned for his health. His just rice diet and 240lbs bodyweight goal means the obvious.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #483 on: August 12, 2017, 05:51:35 PM »
The whole story sounds strange. He is getting his hair cut at home, and snoring some lines in between? Then he collapses and his head hits the toilet?
I have a hard time believing this nonsense.

He was scared and concerned for his health. His just rice diet and 240lbs bodyweight goal means the obvious.

People pass out all the time for various reasons, how you land and what you land on may also further injurer a person in addition to the reason why they are passing out. I know an old man that passed out due to a heart condition, but also ended up fracturing his hip and breaking a leg. Piana may have od'd on something, but a 280 pound dude collapsing can definitely cause severe trauma, especially if he landed on his head.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #484 on: August 12, 2017, 05:54:33 PM »
Hopefully Kim Kardashian and fat khloe are next

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #485 on: August 12, 2017, 07:41:15 PM »
You use rec drugs (obviously bought from a dealer), you risk lots. And if you croak, well, you get what you get.

Fools dying is never a negative.

Love your posts - especially about the good old days at MuscleMag, but I have to disagree with you here.  I had a Percocet prescription once, and it was the most amazing substance I ever did in my life.  To kick back with a Percocet from time to time is not irresponsible, and the most toxic component in it would be the Tylenol.  My point is - these are not the drug users anyone should be happy to see dying.  It's one thing when people who take 10 Oxycontin 80 pills daily eventually die due to central nervous system suppression, but people simply doing a line of coke?  Or taking a small quantity of Oxycontin that is actually comprised of Fentanyl, or even worse - Carfentanyl?  I'm sorry, but that's horrible.  That is equivalent to poisoning people, basically.

One mistake some users of opiates do is do a lot of it over the period of several months - then do the amount they once could handle, only to realize that their former tolerance is currently not as high.  And they die, or risk overdose.

In any case, I think there is a difference between a long-term junkie dying vs. a normal weekend warrior who got a contaminated batch.

i can think of a lot of people doing drugs that i rather not have dying on us.

but then im a lover of music, unlike fortress.

Same here.  I love Fortress' posts, but in this case, I would ratherloveyours.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: August 12, 2017, 07:54:10 PM »
rich couldnt handle all the complex sugars in his rice diet , it all makes sense now
A

luckyone

• Getbig II
  • 64 years young
« Reply #487 on: August 12, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
Cancer is Truly a mother fucker yes 😡. Lost My son two years ago. He was only 15 😧

I can't imagine anything harder to deal with than that. I am so sorry for your loss.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #488 on: August 12, 2017, 08:44:21 PM »
Shit happens, my brother died yesterday after a 10 year cancer battle.
We all go eventually...
+

Sorry about your brother. Mine too has been fighting for his life in the hospital the last 6 weeks(pancreas, heart other issues)
"

kevin25

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #489 on: August 12, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »
I can't imagine anything harder to deal with than that. I am so sorry for your loss.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky
Ty! The best KID you could imagine!  Named him after Levrone in 2000. He died after a five year long battle with  bone cancer. Pelvis and hip

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #490 on: August 12, 2017, 08:59:41 PM »
I assume if there was zero brain function, they would have already suggested to pull the plug.  Perhaps there is a little glimmer of hope left...Gotta confuse the doctors, right, babe?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #491 on: August 12, 2017, 09:03:45 PM »
For whatever it's worth, Gregg Valentino said he spoke to people very close to Rich said he's fine and doing better than doctors initially expected.

TTfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #492 on: August 12, 2017, 09:03:54 PM »
NO sympathy. He did this to himself.

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #493 on: August 12, 2017, 09:18:47 PM »
For whatever it's worth, Gregg Valentino said he spoke to people very close to Rich said he's fine and doing better than doctors initially expected.

So he's out the coma? I highly doubt rich would let people think he was still under... "godammit I was in a coma but I was like fuck that"

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: August 12, 2017, 09:42:40 PM »
So he's out the coma? I highly doubt rich would let people think he was still under... "godammit I was in a coma but I was like fuck that"

5% brain activity

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #495 on: August 12, 2017, 09:44:52 PM »
5% brain activity

It's been at this level for the last 20 years.

AusBB

• Getbig II
« Reply #496 on: August 13, 2017, 12:23:19 AM »
So they brought him out of the coma on friday, checked his mobillity, said he was doing better than expected, but put him back under to give his brain more time to heal.

Says that the toxicology report show no sign of drugs and the MRI shows no problems so they're trying to 'figure out" whats wrong with him.

GIven that they found white powder and that they wouldnt put him in an induced coma unless something was very wrong, I sense at least some of this is PR spin. I really cant imagine a Doctor saying "we're not sure what's wrong with you so we're gonna put you in an induced coma and go from there"

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #497 on: August 13, 2017, 03:41:38 AM »
So they brought him out of the coma on friday, checked his mobillity, said he was doing better than expected, but put him back under to give his brain more time to heal.

Says that the toxicology report show no sign of drugs and the MRI shows no problems so they're trying to 'figure out" whats wrong with him.

GIven that they found white powder and that they wouldnt put him in an induced coma unless something was very wrong, I sense at least some of this is PR spin. I really cant imagine a Doctor saying "we're not sure what's wrong with you so we're gonna put you in an induced coma and go from there"

"MRI showed nothing wrong with the brain but they put him under to let the swelling subside from the brain trauma"

"Brain trauma" and "nothing wrong"  ??? ::)

Toxicology report showed no drugs my ass. Maybe no opiates specifically but I'm sure there were plenty of drugs. Maybe they hit him with Narcan and then found their hunch was incorrect so the tox report was "clean" for that class of drugs.

Surprised he didn't say Rich was also steroid free.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #498 on: August 13, 2017, 03:42:48 AM »

So there is a lot of attention whores of the internet telling their assumptions as a facts? In the real life, would you get anybody's toxicology report to see when you go and just ask for it? I don't think so..

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #499 on: August 13, 2017, 05:08:43 AM »
I really cant imagine a Doctor saying "we're not sure what's wrong with you so we're gonna put you in an induced coma and go from there"

At first, I thought you were completely oblivious to the role of the induced coma (particularly the bit where doctor tells you that you're being put in a coma ;D) - but having read the wiki, I have now been informed that you're at the forefront of science.  I'm positive that that's what is happening here and it is not that you have no idea about what the point of a coma is.

Some randomized trials have failed to demonstrate any survival or morbidity benefit of induced coma in diverse conditions such as neurosurgical operations, head trauma,[8] intracranial aneurysm rupture, intracranial hemorrhage, ischemic stroke, and status epilepticus. If the patient survives, cognitive impairment may also follow recovery from the coma (deep sleep).[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induced_coma