Author Topic: Do You Have Working Muscles Or Vanity Muscles?  (Read 3527 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Do You Have Working Muscles Or Vanity Muscles?
« on: August 18, 2017, 09:08:57 AM »
Big difference between both.

Working muscles are muscles that are rugged and brought fourth by hard work either in your job or around the house landscaping.

Vanity muscles (Be There, Wes) are muscles that are made for the Speedo/Thong. They're basically useless. People that have Vanity muscles can't pick up a toilet to change a wax seal, hold drywall up to finish a wall.

Vanity muscles are made to be oiled up and have the sun kiss them.

Working muscles are made for sweating and pulsing when in action.

Vanity muscles look good when seersucker is draped upon them.

Working muscles appear rugged when jeans and Carhart jackets lay on them.

Vanity muscles seem to have their own voice (Andy Dick, James Corden, Perez Hiton)

Working muscles seem to have a different voice (Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen)

Vanity muscles get pulls and aches quicker

Working muscles ignore all futile attempts of weakness.

Vanity muscles love selfies

Working muscles would rather smash the camera

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Re: Do You Have Working Muscles Or Vanity Muscles?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:29:12 AM »

Working muscles are muscles that are rugged and brought fourth by hard work either in your job or around the house landscaping.

Vanity muscles (Be There, Wes) are muscles that are made for the Speedo/Thong. They're basically useless. People that have Vanity muscles can't pick up a toilet to change a wax seal, hold drywall up to finish a wall.

Vanity muscles seem to have their own voice (Andy Dick, James Corden, Perez Hiton)

Working muscles seem to have a different voice (Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen)

both

fat penis vanity
rest of my body both working and vanity and no you cannot have pics...........

fyi you have a lot a threads about this shit
p

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 09:46:24 AM »
Love to see pictures of your muscles stud.

You have some deep and intense  thoughts about big strong muscles.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 09:54:54 AM »

Back in early 2000s (when i joined this site the first time) , i'd have to say i had 20 % working muscles and 80 % vanity.

Trained mostly for looks back then unfortunately! Those were the days though! Had ripped abs  up until 35 years of age.

Nowadays i have neither working muscles nor vanity muscles and just one big ab is left :D
Q

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »
Back in early 2000s (when i joined this site the first time) , i'd have to say i had 20 % working muscles and 80 % vanity.

Trained mostly for looks back then unfortunately! Those were the days though! Had ripped abs  up until 35 years of age.

Nowadays i have neither working muscles nor vanity muscles and just one big ab is left :D

What happened  kwon?

Why did you walk away from the lifestyle?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:09:08 AM »
What happened  kwon?

Why did you walk away from the lifestyle?
I'm not young anymore nor do i enjoy the lifestyle like i once did.

Too many injuries, too many deaths in the family and loss of loved ones, father time doing his dastardly deed and taking it's toll on the body (and mind).

Many of the friends still live the lifestyle though, and i still follow the scene via Getbig and other forums (Roellys Drunken Sailor-dance and all lol), but that's as much as i'd follow it.

Had some rehab-training last year due to back-injury etc, but that was the extent of my training.

Q

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 10:20:58 AM »

Ballspew, who do you think is the bigger phaggot, Matt Canning or Howard?

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 02:19:56 PM »
Ballspew, who do you think is the bigger phaggot, Matt Canning or Howard?

Well I wouldn't use that harsh of words on those fellows. I think Howard tries very hard to come off as a college educated man.

Matt, seems like he tries very hard to break out of his shell. By nature he is very timid so he tries to do "strongman"  events and tries to be associated with bodybuilders to negate this image.

Both are very similar. They would make very good friends BUT both are struggling with their demons of trying to be someone else. So I highly doubt that both would want to associate with one another.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 04:17:14 PM »
The owner of my gym is very involved with the fighting arts.  He used to be a really good powerlifter. He has a separate dojo across from his gym but he does keep a heavy bag in the weight gym. I am always amazed watching big bench press guys hit the bag like a girl. Punching so soft they couldn't hurt a pillow.

While strength and power are related they are two separate entities. If you want to increase your athleticism make sure you are doing deep squats, cleans, snatches and stuff like the military press beginning with the bar on the floor. That will increase your sprint speed, vertical leap, and striking power.  Working muscles in isolation with a split as in bodybuilding generally doesn't build a better athlete.

Show me a guy that can clean and jerk 315lbs and I will show you a guy that has explosive speed. Show me a guy that benches 400lbs and I will show you a guy that benches 400lbs.  I doubt any Olympia contestant could lift 315lbs off the floor to over head. I remember watching Mentzer failing to jerk 300lbs over head.  Granted innate God given talent rules the day but if you want to improve what you have then bodybuilding in general isn't the way to being a better athlete.

rangerwil

• Getbig III
  • Straight as an arrow but gay as fuck!
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »
Vanity all the way.
I lift to get get laid.
I just so happen to be strong as an ox cuz if the drugs.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2017, 01:58:46 AM »
I would say I have working/functional muscles.  Given I a going to CAASA Nationals in the lightweight (<170-lb class) in Bathurst, New Brunswick next month, I think it's safe to say I have functional strength.  My max bench press in the gym was 345 at 167.  That's pretty good, IMO.

Here is a video of me at the recent local strongest man contest, flipping the 950-lb tire.  If anyone has Facebook, feel free to add me:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152996785555849&id=512655848

That's heavy.  ;D. I'm proud to say that I hadn't flipped that tire for 11 months until that video.  So I was pleased to almost get two flips.

PS - Does anyone here know if there was an electronics empire, now defunct, in Australia/New Zealand called "Dick Smith's"?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2017, 02:00:40 AM »
Whoops, that was the wrong video.  But the one I referred to was flipped at the same body weight, around 170.  The difference is, I almost got two flips this most recent time.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 05:35:08 AM »
I don't have use for my strength outside the gym much at all. Don't do manual labour.

Occasionally lifting furniture for friends or whatever.

So yeah it's vanity muscle.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 05:37:48 AM »
I don't have use for my strength outside the gym much at all. Don't do manual labour.

Occasionally lifting furniture for friends or whatever.

So yeah it's vanity muscle.

Same here.  I move the occasional couch, so my muscle isn't being put to much use.  Oh, and...uh...I don't have much muscle to begin with.  :-\

:-X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2017, 07:16:06 AM »
I would say I have working/functional muscles.  Given I a going to CAASA Nationals in the lightweight (<170-lb class) in Bathurst, New Brunswick next month, I think it's safe to say I have functional strength.  My max bench press in the gym was 345 at 167.  That's pretty good, IMO.

Here is a video of me at the recent local strongest man contest, flipping the 950-lb tire.  If anyone has Facebook, feel free to add me:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152996785555849&id=512655848

That's heavy.  ;D. I'm proud to say that I hadn't flipped that tire for 11 months until that video.  So I was pleased to almost get two flips.

PS - Does anyone here know if there was an electronics empire, now defunct, in Australia/New Zealand called "Dick Smith's"?

This thread isn't about you, fuckstick.

14RS3

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
12 years ago I felt invincible and could throw weight around in the gym and out but after having both shoulders, left knee, right foot, and hernia surgeries, those days are gone! Still workout but I never know what I can do that day until I start warming up. Most days are light pumping sets. Better than doing nothing I tell myself.

Derrick Rigg

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 02:03:17 PM »
Worked out first for bodybuilding and looking good. Then, used my body to move into personal training. Basically, your body is your resume and people decide if they want to work with you based on your muscle, cuts, and flexibility.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 02:18:42 PM »
Worked out first for bodybuilding and looking good. Then, used my body to move into personal training. Basically, your body is your resume and people decide if they want to work with you based on your muscle, cuts, and flexibility.

Well said.

I've told people to always interview their personal trainers. I would tell them, ask them to show their photos of progression. How did that personal trainer better themselves?

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 02:20:11 PM »
ill take any muscle i can get, thanks!

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 02:57:34 PM »

This. No way I would be able to work so hard at something that wasn't putting money in my pocket.
l

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 02:59:56 PM »

Do you have working fat or vanity fat?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 06:40:26 AM »

Yet another disappointed gym geek ranting stupid nonsense. Let me guess: you have been lifting decades without getting any gains, and now you feel bad about it?  ;D

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2017, 07:08:24 AM »
Why not both?  It all depends what your goals are also. There's lots of people with good physiques who are decently strong but lots more strong guys whose physiques are terrible, either just fat or just not worth a shit.  Strength, athleticism, aesthetic physique are all different goals that may overlap at the lower levels.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2017, 09:47:26 AM »
Why not both?  It all depends what your goals are also. There's lots of people with good physiques who are decently strong but lots more strong guys whose physiques are terrible, either just fat or just not worth a shit.  Strength, athleticism, aesthetic physique are all different goals that may overlap at the lower levels.

Give me an example of someone who has both.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 09:51:57 AM »
Give me an example of someone who has both.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike OHearn