Author Topic: Trump Vows to Cut Government Spending  (Read 2796 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Trump Vows to Cut Government Spending
« on: August 21, 2017, 11:22:08 AM »
with exceptions for himself and his family

I only bring this up because I know both Trump and our right wingers on this board were huge critics of Obama's golfing and the costs of his travels so I know they will apply the same level of scrutiny and criticism to the current POTUS......right?

The Secret Service can no longer pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex" Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/08/21/secret-service-cant-pay-agents-because-trumps-frequent-travel-large-family/529075001/

Of course the Hypocrite in Chief criticized Obama for traveling and playing golf and since becoming POTUS Trump has travelled virtually every weekend and is on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politics/donald-trump-obama-travel-costs/index.html

More on the topic of Trump golfing
http://trumpgolfcount.com/#services

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Trump Vows to Cut Government Spending
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 11:47:22 AM »
with exceptions for himself and his family

I only bring this up because I know both Trump and our right wingers on this board were huge critics of Obama's golfing and the costs of his travels so I know they will apply the same level of scrutiny and criticism to the current POTUS......right?

Of course the Hypocrite in Chief criticized Obama for traveling and playing golf and since becoming POTUS Trump has travelled virtually every weekend and is on pace to surpass 8 years of Obama's travel spending in 1 year
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politics/donald-trump-obama-travel-costs/index.html

More on the topic of Trump golfing
http://trumpgolfcount.com/#services

You're like the CNN queen on here...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »
You're like the CNN queen on here...

I knew you'd be the first Trumptard to take the bait

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 01:21:41 PM »
you haven't disproved  straws point

It's CNN. That alone disproves it by default

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 02:24:27 PM »
It's CNN. That alone disproves it by default

Hey Tubby, it's a matter of public record

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 04:13:02 PM »
Fox news positive. ::) Yeah, their working real hard to put a positive spin on the trump train wreck.

But trump works so hard he needs a vacation every weekend. ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 04:28:22 PM »
Fox news positive. ::) Yeah, their working real hard to put a positive spin on the trump train wreck.

But trump works so hard he needs a vacation every weekend. ::)

you obviously have no idea how exhausting it is to spend all day watching TV while having Twitter wars with virtually everyone on the planet (except for Putin and White Nationalists)

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »
Well, we already know your first link is a lie. Grasping falls for it again. Secret Service director already called it out as being false and said that they've been dealing with this for 10 years.

Course you will put a spin on it and say the numbers are not wrong, but your narrative is wrong and false again and again.

Let alone...who cares? He has adult children. Obama didn't and many lunatics with your ideology would love to take a shot at them if they could. They have businesses to run.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 05:16:35 PM »
Well, we already know your first link is a lie. Grasping falls for it again. Secret Service director already called it out as being false and said that they've been dealing with this for 10 years.

they've been dealing with understaffing for quite some time but the FACT remains that Trump and his extended family incurred more travel expense at an exponentially quicker rate than that Obama

If you believe that is not the case then just post the link to the story from 8 months (or even later if you prefer) into the Obama administration where ONE THIRD of the agents have maxed out their OT due to Obama and Family travels

A special investigative panel formed after a particularly egregious 2014 White House breach also found that that agents and uniform officers worked "an unsustainable number of hours,'' which also contributed to troubling attrition rates.

Without some legislative relief, though, at least 1,100 agents – for now – would not be eligible for overtime even as one of the agency's largest protective assignments looms next month. Nearly 150 foreign heads of state are expected to converge on New York City for the United Nations General Assembly.

The agents who have reached their compensation limits this year represent about a third of the Secret Service workforce, which was pressed last year to secure both national political conventions in the midst of a rollicking campaign cycle. The campaign featured regular clashes involving protesters at Trump rallies across the country, prompting the Secret Service  at one point to erect bike racks as buffers around stages to thwart potential rushes from people in the crowd.

Officials had hoped that the agency's workload would normalize after the inauguration, but the president's frequent weekend trips, his family's business travel and the higher number of protectees has made that impossible.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 05:28:29 PM »
You mean the secret service that started running out of money when that black Muslim Obama was still in office?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2017, 07:25:23 PM »
You mean the secret service that started running out of money when that black Muslim Obama was still in office?

Obama wasn't POTUS ten years ago dipshit

Not only has Trump spent much more time travelling than Obama during his short but disastrous tenure, under Trump, 42 people have protection, a number that includes 18 members of his family as compared to 31 when Obama was POTUS.

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 09:38:31 PM »
^ key word in that, NEARLY

nearly a decade = 7 or 8 or 9 years, 8 or 9 years ago we're in 2009 or 2008, fuck even seven years ago we're in 2010, you tell me whether i should have chosen bush or the black guy

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2017, 09:59:12 PM »
^ key word in that, NEARLY

nearly a decade = 7 or 8 or 9 years, 8 or 9 years ago we're in 2009 or 2008, fuck even seven years ago we're in 2010, you tell me whether i should have chosen bush or the black guy

doesn't matter whether you chose the black guy or not

if you want to pretend that 7, 8 or 9 years is a decade that's fine with me

lets talk about Trump and Family travels in the last 8 months compared to "the blacks guys" first 8 months

agreed?

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2017, 10:28:05 PM »
doesn't matter whether you chose the black guy or not

if you want to pretend that 7, 8 or 9 years is a decade that's fine with me

lets talk about Trump and Family travels in the last 8 months compared to "the blacks guys" first 8 months

agreed?

"nearly a decade" does not mean "a decade"

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 04:33:44 AM »
bob corker is a key republican

But seriously, this is why we should have elected Hillary! She would have funded all of her outings from all the money "gifted" by foreign entities! Drumpfy poo needs to step down and let a QUEEN take her throne! YAAAAASSSSS!!!! SLAY QUEEN!

a

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 06:12:53 AM »
You'd think as a business man he would put someone in charge to check this type of spending. Shit, I have 25 employees (plus or minus depending who shows up) and I watch that shit. If you can justify it, cool, if you can't justify the overtime you have to do things different and cut back. That's the problem with these politicians, when they are spending someone else's money, they don't care. I'm not saying president isn't entitled to a vacation, but not every weekend. He hasn't even been on the job a year, he should get four weeks max. If he has issue with that, he shouldn't have accepted the position.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 08:34:36 AM »
1) Trump is a welfare queen - born at the government teat and still on that bitch

2) so surprised that none of this fanboys have volunteered their services - all hat, zero cattle

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2017, 10:22:43 AM »
1) Trump is a welfare queen - born at the government teat and still on that bitch

2) so surprised that none of this fanboys have volunteered their services - all hat, zero cattle

I'll volunteer to golf for free with Trump.
a