Author Topic: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17  (Read 139597 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: RIP - Dallas McCarver - 08-22-17
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 08:40:34 AM »
Hurm..

He was a grown man with full mental faculty...

He was aware, or should have been, of the plethora of risks he was induldging in.  Book stops with him.

May as well blame the fans and people who brought his merch too... ::)

You hire a "guru" for a reason, to make training decisions for you and you put your trust in him/her for a reason.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2017, 08:41:36 AM »
I know it appears he choked at this time but it's worth noting that only Ronnie C survived Chad.  Most dead or dialysis. You can't place blame on somebody else really, these guys all know what level they are at.

Why is that worth noting when it's unrelated to the situation?  

Regardless of the potential truth of that note, how does it relate?

I ate some food last night in my kitchen.  Is that worth noting since both Dallas and I were in kitchens eating food?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »
Some pics of Dallas on his first pro win here in California in 2015.  He will be remembered as always being a respectful competitor. Wishing the family condolences and peace during this tough time.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2017, 08:47:53 AM »
Some pics of Dallas on his first pro win here in California in 2015.  He will be remembered as always being a respectful competitor

Always struck me as a very respectful guy.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: RIP - Dallas McCarver Dead - 08-22-17
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 08:48:02 AM »
Yes, confirmed.   Tons of calls, emails, texts all this morning...

Dallas was training with Josh Lenartowicz at Flex Lewis's gym getting ready for the Olympia.  Where they were staying while not training, word has it that Dallas did choke on something he was eating, Josh was in another room, when he came back, he found Dallas on the floor in the kitchen, not breating, tried to revive him, could not.  Paramedics came, took him to hospital, tried to revive him...

We are all hearing the same story out there... but we need to wait until the official report, and Josh tells exactly what is going on.

Condolences to his family.  

[/quote

]if this was due to choking on food. Sad. And this highlights the importance of chewing one's food thoroughly. Not inhaling it like it will run away. And knowing how to do the Heimlich maneuver on one's self.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2017, 08:49:01 AM »
There comes a time where these so called "gurus" and the judging as well have to be held responsible.

You nanny-state liberals need to let adults make their own decisions and be responsible for them.  Tragic episode, but no need for you libs to get your panties twisted and start blaming everyone else. It could have been nothing more than a sudden accident, that's it.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 08:50:15 AM »
There's no way I can believe choking on food is what caused his death.  Not trying to be disrespectful but that's total bs.  Just the same as how bronchitis was what caused him to pass out on stage.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2017, 08:51:12 AM »
RIP. Very sad. Was probably my favourite of the current pro's.

:'(

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2017, 08:51:28 AM »
Anyone who believes his death was directly related to chocking is a fool. I warned his family. Piana is next.
T

Rimstinger

« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2017, 08:53:15 AM »
We do not know if he choked on his food...I have a feeling that is not the case as someone choking on food can make loud noises as they struggle and could take a minute to die from oxygen starvation or even more.

After training hard likely he had a heart attack whilst eating and dropped on the spot.

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2017, 08:54:00 AM »
There's no way I can believe choking on food is what caused his death.  Not trying to be disrespectful but that's total bs.

It happens.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2017, 08:54:27 AM »
You nanny-state liberals need to let adults make their own decisions and be responsible for them.  Tragic episode, but no need for you libs to get your panties twisted and start blaming everyone else. It could have been nothing more than a sudden accident, that's it.

Oh shut up

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »
You hire a "guru" for a reason, to make training decisions for you and you put your trust in him/her for a reason.

I hear you always talk about "personal responsibility," but seems you only tout those words when it fits your agenda.

He is still responsible for hiring gurus and listening to their advice. He could have ignored their advice.

Either way, we are all influenced by distal and proximal factors.
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2017, 08:58:48 AM »
Anyone who believes his death was directly related to chocking is a fool. I warned his family. Piana is next.

Why is it foolish?  That's all the current data available to us.  How are you aware of circumstances outside of that? 

If the choking is confirmed does that make you the fool?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2017, 09:00:01 AM »
We do not know if he choked on his food...I have a feeling that is not the case as someone choking on food can make loud noises as they struggle and could take a minute to die from oxygen starvation or even more.

After training hard likely he had a heart attack whilst eating and dropped on the spot.

Gotta agree. When you  home you start to panic and if he was choking he would have banged on the table or ran To the other room to get his friend.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2017, 09:00:20 AM »

Coach is a staunch republican.
X

Rimstinger

« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2017, 09:00:53 AM »
Why is it foolish?  That's all the current data available to us.  How are you aware of circumstances outside of that? 

He was in the kitchen eating and was found dead, lets not forget:

Don Youngblood died in his kitchen too, heart attack. Had he taken a bite of a pizza, people would have blamed pizza.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2017, 09:01:14 AM »
Why is it foolish?  That's all the current data available to us.  How are you aware of circumstances outside of that?  

Chocking will not be confirmed. Do you believe he would have met the same fate if he was not a BB on grams of chemicals?
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2017, 09:01:38 AM »
There's no way I can believe choking on food is what caused his death.  Not trying to be disrespectful but that's total bs.  Just the same as how bronchitis was what caused him to pass out on stage.

Could he have choked on his food due to a heart attack. Meaning he was having a heart attack, which caused the choking.
X

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »
Could he have choked on his food due to a heart attack. Meaning he was having a heart attack, which caused the choking.

Probably this, but they will go out of their way to obfuscate it, if true.

They will attribute it to something relatively benign and not directly related to his enormous size and the risks associated with it and BBing. I'm sure the associated supp companies are already trying to save some measure of face through this. Sad but true.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2017, 09:02:50 AM »

That's very likely.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »
Why is that worth noting when it's unrelated to the situation?  

Regardless of the potential truth of that note, how does it relate?

I ate some food last night in my kitchen.  Is that worth noting since both Dallas and I were in kitchens eating food?

It would be worth noting if you were a pro bodybuilder living on that same edge. You're a smart guy, no need to intentionally miss the point.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2017, 09:07:58 AM »

It would be worth noting if you were a pro bodybuilder living on that same edge. You're a smart guy, no need to intentionally miss the point.

Chocking will not be confirmed. Do you believe he would have met the same fate if he was not a BB on grams of chemicals?

So pro bodybuilders are more prone to choking on food because of their chemical abuse?

Is that the connection being drawn?

I'm not saying there isn't something else at play in Dallas' case, I'm just not jumping the gun until more information is disclosed.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »
Probably this, but they will go out of their way to obfuscate it, if true.

They will attribute it to something relatively benign and not directly related to his enormous size and the risks associated with it and BBing. I'm sure the associated supp companies are already trying to save some measure of face through this. Sad but true.

Just like how Rich Piana hit his head as he fell during an innocent hair-cut

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2017, 09:09:51 AM »
That's very likely.

10 to 1 he was having a heart attack, which then caused him to choke on his food. But of course, just a hypothesis.

Either way, it still sucks.
X