Author Topic: Trump pardons ex-Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio - White House  (Read 7135 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Trump pardons ex-Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio - White House
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:28:23 PM »
Why are people so caught up over a guy who is 85 years old?  

by Reuters
Saturday, 26 August 2017

WASHINGTON, Aug 25 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday granted a pardon to former Arizona lawman and political ally Joe Arpaio, the self-proclaimed "toughest sheriff in America," less than a month after he was convicted of criminal contempt in a case involving his department's racial profiling policy.

Trump had signaled this week that the first presidential pardon of his administration would go to Arpaio, 85, whom he has frequently praised for his hardline immigration stance. (Reporting by Julia Harte; Editing by Sandra Maler)

http://news.trust.org/item/20170826001249-riciv

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Trump pardons ex-Arizona sheriff Joe Arpaio - White House
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:09:49 PM »
Trump is the greatest!
S

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 07:31:16 PM »
Meltdowns in 3.2.1

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »

by Reuters
Saturday, 26 August 2017

WASHINGTON, Aug 25 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday granted a pardon to former Arizona lawman and political ally Joe Arpaio, the self-proclaimed "toughest sheriff in America," less than a month after he was convicted of criminal contempt in a case involving his department's racial profiling policy.

Trump had signaled this week that the first presidential pardon of his administration would go to Arpaio, 85, whom he has frequently praised for his hardline immigration stance. (Reporting by Julia Harte; Editing by Sandra Maler)

Because he's a piece of shit
A

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »
Why are people so caught up over a guy who is 83 years old? 

by Reuters
Saturday, 26 August 2017

He is a criminal and the laws and their consequences should apply equally to everyone without exceptions. Arpaio himself had sign that said "if you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime". If someone like Hillary (she's almost 70 now) or Feinstein (84) or Pelosi (77) were convicted of crimes would you want them pardoned or exempt from the laws just because of their age or political affiliation?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »

by Reuters
Saturday, 26 August 2017

what does his age have to do with it?

this guy flagrantly violated the law and it's insane that this guy was pardoned, especially at this juncture, early in the administration of this POTUS, didn't follow any of the normal procedures for a pardon, before the guy was even sentenced

this is what the mayor of Phoenix had to say about Arpaio

“Arpaio target and terrorized Latino families because of the color of their skin. He was ordered by a federal judge to stop and he refused,” Stanton continued. “He received a fair trial and a justifiable conviction, and there’s nothing the President can do to change the awful legacy and the stains he left on our community."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348066-phoenix-mayor-rips-trump-pardoning-arpaio-a-slap-in-the-face

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 08:40:34 PM »

Well I guess that settles it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 08:49:52 PM »
He is a criminal and the laws and their consequences should apply equally to everyone without exceptions. Arpaio himself had sign that said "if you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime". If someone like Hillary (she's almost 70 now) or Feinstein (84) or Pelosi (77) were convicted of crimes would you want them pardoned or exempt from the laws just because of their age or political affiliation?

He was convicted of a misdemeanor.  That's one step up from a traffic ticket.  Not exactly the kind of thing that drives our justice system or has any measurable impact on Trump or his presidency. 

I don't think anyone should be pardoned because of political affiliation.  Pretty weak straw man you set up there.

Do I think age matters when it comes to minor offenses and how much time and resources we devote to it?  Of course.  This guy has outlived the life table charts.  He probably isn't going to live much longer.  I haven't really followed his case closely, so I don't have an informed opinion, but it does appear as though some politics was at play here.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Obama administration targeted him.  Don't know if that's true, but wouldn't surprise me. 

Overall, seems like a whole lot of weeping and moaning over a molehill.  One of my friends was saying before the pardon that if Trump pardoned him it would be some catastrophic miscarriage of justice.  ::)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 09:08:11 PM »
Yeah, I really don't care about a pardon one way or the other.  Although it's very fair to consider age IMO.

But this guy made for a strange case, in that he's an old perv getting his jollies right in front of everyone, treating those in his custody in the way that he did.  Very strange, very sick.  It was an embarrassment to justice and to all of humanity, really.  He had everything bad coming to him as do his supporters.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 10:00:26 PM »
He was convicted of a misdemeanor.  That's one step up from a traffic ticket.  Not exactly the kind of thing that drives our justice system or has any measurable impact on Trump or his presidency.  

I don't think anyone should be pardoned because of political affiliation.  Pretty weak straw man you set up there.

Do I think age matters when it comes to minor offenses and how much time and resources we devote to it?  Of course.  This guy has outlived the life table charts.  He probably isn't going to live much longer.  I haven't really followed his case closely, so I don't have an informed opinion, but it does appear as though some politics was at play here.  Wouldn't surprise me if the Obama administration targeted him.  Don't know if that's true, but wouldn't surprise me.  

Overall, seems like a whole lot of weeping and moaning over a molehill.  One of my friends was saying before the pardon that if Trump pardoned him it would be some catastrophic miscarriage of justice.  ::)

It is a crime and he was found to be guilty. And it is exceedingly difficult for a cop, let alone a "sheriff", to be found guilty of a crime with all the protections, immunities and power that they have. Should the people who were jailed or imprisoned in Arpaio's facilities for misdemeanors have been released? Should they have been pardoned?

Do you think political affiliation did not play a role here? Do you think Trump would not pardon David Clarke or another conservative outspoken cop if he committed crimes but he would otherwise pardon some outspoken liberal cop for similar things? Would you think political affiliation would not have come into play if Obama had pardoned Hillary? The pardon is an arcane relic that can be abused and rarely serves to correct the many injustices of the "justice" system.

I don't care if Arpaio is old or young or he dies in a week or lives another 20 years. If he is old and frail that is too bad for him but per his slogan "if you don't want to do the time, don't do the crime". He should not have done the crime and after so many years of "enforcing the law", he should know better about that than an average citizen. No one should be above the laws, especially those who "enforce" them, the laws should apply equally to everyone.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 10:59:05 PM »

Yeah, how so? Hasn't even had a traffic violation in over 50 years and suddenly he's a criminal? Vince, if you think he did something else besides uphold the law you're twisted.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 07:24:37 AM »
Yeah, how so? Hasn't even had a traffic violation in over 50 years and suddenly he's a criminal? Vince, if you think he did something else besides uphold the law you're twisted.

He has a laundry list of human rights violations, intimidation, extortion, even set up a mentally disabled kid to get re-elected.  But Donald Trump is president and he has every right to pardon someone...there are people that Obama pardoned that I would have never let out of prison. 

A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 07:55:30 AM »

He has a laundry list of human rights violations, intimidation, extortion, even set up a mentally disabled kid to get re-elected.  But Donald Trump is president and he has every right to pardon someone...there are people that Obama pardoned that I would have never let out of prison. 

Vince. What Human rights violations, intimidation and extortion? This was a political hit job to not get him re-elected during obamas presidency to once again shore up the Dem voting base. He's been re-elected 6-7 times not all of the sudden obama makes him out to be criminal for enforcing laws that were already on the books? Sure Vince, whatever you say.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 02:46:02 PM »
Vince. What Human rights violations, intimidation and extortion? This was a political hit job to not get him re-elected during obamas presidency to once again shore up the Dem voting base. He's been re-elected 6-7 times not all of the sudden obama makes him out to be criminal for enforcing laws that were already on the books? Sure Vince, whatever you say.

Read!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio
A

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 03:45:15 PM »

That is not true at all.

Trump's pardon of ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio was the right (and courageous) thing to do. This guy sat through the entire sham trial, which was a direct violation of Arpaio's 6th Amendment right.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/08/26/trumps-pardon-ex-sheriff-joe-arpaio-was-right-and-courageous-thing-to-do.html

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 05:24:32 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4197734/Drug-dealer-jail-Obama-pardoned-him.html

why didnt this make national news?? you sheep need to wake up and quit being brainwashed by the msm liberal media... you look at North Korea and how they are brainwashed by their government/media and you laugh... how is it any different here?
real men= no rubbers

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 07:09:46 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4197734/Drug-dealer-jail-Obama-pardoned-him.html

why didnt this make national news?? you sheep need to wake up and quit being brainwashed by the msm liberal media... you look at North Korea and how they are brainwashed by their government/media and you laugh... how is it any different here?
Yep, look at the outrage over Trump's pardon of Arpaio vs Obama's of this lowlifes. Sad state of affairs that half of our country is essentially braindead. No debate on the life that guy chose to live.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »

Read!!

if even a quarter of that were true he would have been in prison looooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooong before this whether Dem or Repub.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 05:20:29 PM »
Sheriff Joe is going to run for Senator against the Mormon pussy Jeff Flake.

It will be a monumental win by Arpaio

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 06:07:19 PM »

Read!!

I would also have to assume that you were of course good with Obama and Clinton pardoning traitors and terrorists.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »
Sheriff Joe is going to run for Senator against the Mormon pussy Jeff Flake.

It will be a monumental win by Arpaio
That would be awesome.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2017, 06:21:10 PM »
That would be awesome.

He says he may run for Mayor of Phoenix!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2017, 06:35:13 PM »
Here Vince, listen. Maybe (but I seriously doubt it) should end the BS attack on Trump and Arpaio.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2017, 10:07:46 PM »
Justice was not done in that Mickey Mouse court.  Glad Trump swooped in a pardoned him.

Hey, how are all the criminals that Obama pardoned working out back in the free world.  I'm sure they are all born again good citizens......oh wait.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2017, 04:19:47 AM »
Non story.   Marc rich ?  FLAN terrorists ?  All the Islamic filth ofagget let out of GITMO?