Author Topic: Problem Training Glutes  (Read 3769 times)

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
Problem Training Glutes
« on: April 08, 2006, 05:45:01 PM »
Hey folks.... I would like some advice on this please. I am having a hell of a problem getting a good pump on my glutes. Anybody have suggestions? I'd like to hear what some of you guys do even down to feet angles.Thanks alot.
ah yeah Im a voodo child

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
Re: Problem Training Glutes
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 06:24:51 PM »
more weight and more reps

make the muscle work for you not the other way around

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 11:38:16 PM »
If you’re like most, you more then likely train your legs all at once, this can be fine, but I've found that if you split up your leg training you can bring up the lagging area. For instance, personally my quads have always grown fast, probably better then any other muscle, in short they began to over-power my ham development. So what I've done for the past year is to train my quads and hams on separate days, that way I can give my full attention to both as well as 100% of my energy. After a year of this I feel my over-all leg development has vastly improved.

I've now gotten to the point to where I will most likely begin to train hams and quads together again and now I will use the day I used to train hams to help bring up another body part I feel that is lacking or that needs to "catch up" to the rest.

monster triceps

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • RIP slobby :(
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 03:32:34 AM »
A better pump in your glutes??? What, are you gay ???
young niggah greedy

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 07:42:01 AM »
A better pump in your glutes??? What, are you gay ???

dude.... dont you know that the two things most girls like the best on a guys body are his arms and ass? duh.... come on bro.. get with it
ah yeah Im a voodo child

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 07:43:31 AM »
If you’re like most, you more then likely train your legs all at once, this can be fine, but I've found that if you split up your leg training you can bring up the lagging area. For instance, personally my quads have always grown fast, probably better then any other muscle, in short they began to over-power my ham development. So what I've done for the past year is to train my quads and hams on separate days, that way I can give my full attention to both as well as 100% of my energy. After a year of this I feel my over-all leg development has vastly improved.

I've now gotten to the point to where I will most likely begin to train hams and quads together again and now I will use the day I used to train hams to help bring up another body part I feel that is lacking or that needs to "catch up" to the rest.

good stuff bro.... thanks
ah yeah Im a voodo child

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 10:27:52 AM »
Box squats
Barbell lunges
Weighted step-ups
Stair climbing

Odinn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 06:26:57 PM »
Low box squats, RDL's, Glute Ham Raises, Good Mornings

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »
Butt implants.

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 07:48:48 AM »
dude.... dont you know that the two things most girls like the best on a guys body are his arms and ass? duh.... come on bro.. get with it

That is the truth.  When they grab your a** and like it they usually come back for another feel.....

Just fricken squat, thats all you need to do.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 08:38:56 AM »
Hope were not being played by BigJohn BF's question. Don't know of too many guy's who what to pump-up their butt's. And if BJ-BF is a Brother, than I know were being played. Anyway a lot of good suggestions with step-up's (as Pumpster offered) a prime exercise for the glutes. Step-up's are not one legged squats, like some people may think. Might also want to try wide stance BB'ers (bar high on the traps and back kepted straigh up) squats like a lot of box squats are done. Lower back & ham exercises tend to influence the glutes like GM'ings, SLDL's, etc. A few BB'ers I've known have said that they will squeeze & tighten the butt cheeks together, hard at the top position of the squat, on each rep for development. What ever get's you there I guess. Good Luck.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 08:19:02 PM »
Hope were not being played by BigJohn BF's question. Don't know of too many guy's who what to pump-up their butt's. And if BJ-BF is a Brother, than I know were being played. Anyway a lot of good suggestions with step-up's (as Pumpster offered) a prime exercise for the glutes. Step-up's are not one legged squats, like some people may think. Might also want to try wide stance BB'ers (bar high on the traps and back kepted straigh up) squats like a lot of box squats are done. Lower back & ham exercises tend to influence the glutes like GM'ings, SLDL's, etc. A few BB'ers I've known have said that they will squeeze & tighten the butt cheeks together, hard at the top position of the squat, on each rep for development. What ever get's you there I guess. Good Luck.

Im a brother but if you mean a brother as in black no... im white... regular white guy... no not playin anyone.... All my girl friends say they like guys with tight well-developed asses and thats why... plus I want to be proportionate
ah yeah Im a voodo child

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 08:23:40 PM »
hahahahahha

I have girls wanting to feel my chest and arms not my ass

your ass isnt holding them and sqeezing them

unless you plan on sitting on them

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 09:04:36 PM »
hahahahahha

I have girls wanting to feel my chest and arms not my ass

your ass isnt holding them and sqeezing them

unless you plan on sitting on them

your ass is the power behind what they are wanting inside them
ah yeah Im a voodo child

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »

Just fricken squat, thats all you need to do.

Agreed, do nice deep squats when u squat.  My glutes are always sore after I squat......

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 02:38:37 AM »
Ass to floor squats.
If you squat deep, at a certain point(below kneelevel) your hams do the work, and not the quads.

If that doesn't help, (almost) SL deadlifts.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 09:33:20 AM »
the best exercise for glutes is super wide sumo deadlifts

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 02:44:07 PM »
Wide and deep squats it works for me.  Also i add in the machine that you bend over and kick back to isolate each side.  Has helped.  Girls actually do look at your ass.  Ive been complemented on mine a lot as well as the rest of the body.  They imagine if youve got a nice ass you must have something nice in the front

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 06:02:32 PM »
Hey folks.... I would like some advice on this please. I am having a hell of a problem getting a good pump on my glutes. Anybody have suggestions? I'd like to hear what some of you guys do even down to feet angles.Thanks alot.

I'm sure you can pay someone to pump your glutes. lol

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 08:23:36 AM »
haha,
I think your whole body should be proportionate.  Lot of guys out there with big upper body no legs or ass or big legs big ass no upper body.  The main thing is be propotionate.