Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 206706 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Re: Shawn Ray is in The House!!!!
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2017, 08:50:54 AM »
WOW GH15 IS HERE!!!

Kid, you just registered this year and are 26. You weren't even alive when Shawn last posted on here and you don't know who GH15 was newb.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2017, 08:51:02 AM »
Cool move.
At his prime Shawn looked a lot better than most of the later xxl gut builders. Things got out of control substance wise imo

Great poser too

Quality is the name of the game

macgyver

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2017, 08:56:02 AM »
Can you unblock Jays_antics on Instagram??

My life hasn't been as great on there since you dropped the hammer and I'm not sure why!!!  :'(

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2017, 08:58:45 AM »
OH BOY, thats a lot of questions for less than 24 hours and being gone for nearly 10 years!

Short answers:

- Yes, I workout when or if I feel like it. I travel a lot and I'm raising my kids so thats my priorities and the gym will always be my first love so I return to it often in bunches with plenty of breaks in between. Calories in and Calories out. Im more concerned about how I feel rather than stuck on how I look. I worked out to be the Best Bodybuilder I could be, now I work out because I like to eat and stay active and healthy. My weight is 217 and steady (5lbs over my contest weight and 15 pounds under my Off Season Weight when I competed)

- I personally feel I was a more "Complete" bodybuilder than Flex Lewis at 212lb with fewer flaws.

- I never gave a shit about Dorian living and training with Weinberger, it answered a lot of questions for me while trying to beat Dorian which is how I rationalized closure on my career. It was what it was.

- Jim Manion has Big plans for the NPC & Pro League and Im on board with his ideas of making the sport better.

- I haven't used a Drug since I retired 17 years ago.

- Former Pro Bodybuilders using HRT is another word for ADDICT!

- I didn't compete more often because I never competed for Trophies or money, I was trying to be Mr Olympia which is the reason I got out of bed each day to go to work and focus on that singular Goal. I didn't care about how many shows I could win or prize money I could make, business was good for me Off Stage to where I didn't have to do a bunch of contests.

- I turned Pro in 1987 and immediately stated on camera, "I'll probably Lose more shows than I win however I just want to be considered One of the Best if not The Best by the time I'm done."

- My Drug Cycle lead me to gaining 14lbs in q14 years by design. I never wanted to be the Biggest, I wanted to be The Best.

- I don't mind "Disrespect" from Strangers I don't know or never met. I have thick skin and the Internet Warriors have Never approached me to tell me to my face that they Post online, not a Single One including Tamali & Nasser.

- I haven't spoken to Levrone in a Year since this weekend when I told him he was "Delusional" thinking he could beat Justin Compton let alone Akim Williams. I was right and we haven't talked since. # TruthHurts.

- Breon Ansley is the Real Deal!

- The new "Wellness: Division is the most Exciting Division!

- I never cared much about Not winning the Olympia, I knew too much about the reasons Why which had nothing to do with my Physique which made it easier for me to transition away from the stage.

- I Guest posed One Time Fat and Out of shape in 14 Years in 1996 substituting for Kevin Levrone in 1996 at Jim Manion show with 1 1/2 Week Notice. I was a Contracted Weider Athlete with a Contracted number of Appearances and was Directed to fill in for Kevin even though I was Offseason and Protested. I was after I placed 5th at the 96 ASC and people wrote me off for Dead.
I finished the year with a 2nd place finish at the 96 Mr Olympia the same year. I have yet to see a Fat Photo of me Guest Posing from any other contest the the one these Fat Pics are from in Pittsburgh. Looking back I laugh but the lesson was learned that day to Stand up and never do something I was not on board with doing regardless of a Contract or Whom was asking the favor. I tried to stress this to Dallas McCarver but his Trainer, "The Chad & Sponsor, Singerman" got in the kids head and pushed him into putting himself in a Bad Light.

- I comfortably Retired with Businesses that are flourishing with ZERO Interest in Competing again. For What?

- Big Army is the nicest most Humble Pro on the Circuit today.

- Flex Lewis was beaten in Asia.

- The Bubble Guts were on Full Display this years Olympia something I was talking about back in 1994.

- I didn't Vote for The Donald or Hillary.

- Racism is Alive and Well.

- The NFL is getting too political to enjoy.
#RAIDERNATION4LIFE!

- Classic Physique will replace Open Bodybuilding as the sports #1 Interest oneway soon if the criteria for Winning isn't changed soon.

- The New NPC Shawn Ray Hawaiian Classic is in Honolulu, Hawaii November 4th: www.SRHAwaiianClassic.co m

- I never had a Gimmick Account.

- My Best Years were 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 99, 01.

- Steve Blechman doesn't owe me a Dime.

- Generation Iron interests my Creative Ideas and Change is Good!

- MD was a great run but not room for Growth for me.

- This year Olympia Webcast was the Best Ever!

- Tight Booty was a Hot Topic here, lets bring her back to piss of Lee Priest! Is he still in Jail? Hospital? Tattoo Parlor? Looking for a Job? Locked out of the US? Details please..... ;D

- I've missed King Tamali, he's still on the Dead pool List? Amazing run for this guy who was supposed to beat me on stage ::)

- Brandon Curry is my Bodybuilder of the YEAR!

- My Drug Cycle while competing was a reflection of the respect I had for my Body and the Business.

- Ronnie Colemans disposition was predictable based on his style of training, thats an observation and a fact. Dorian was headed in the same direction but smartly backed off in 97 and changed directions with his physical interests.

- Is Lee Thompson still Alive?

- The Super League is Super Dead according to Dorian Yates.

- I'm happily retired and supporting the sport on a Global Scale MCING, Promoting and Covering the Sport.

- GENERATION IRON is Amazing with respect for the Sport, Opportunities, Coverage and promotions!

Thats all for now boys! Haters FLAME AWAY 8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
Straight up truth.  Did you use HGH during your prime?  Was HGH widely used at the time?  How about Insulin?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2017, 09:05:58 AM »
how many times a day did you have to suck off Blechman to keep your job at MD?

also what do you think about his way of running MD and employees there?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2017, 09:07:55 AM »

No GH and Insulin were not part of Bodybuilding for me and my career.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »

The siren song of Karen. She has caused many a wreck upon Musclehead Rock.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2017, 09:10:18 AM »

The Disrespect gets ignored by me. ::)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2017, 09:10:28 AM »
No hate from this cornor Shawn! I always thaught you were great and we would be great friends irl. Props to your post! One funny guy  :)
MIRAGETROPIN

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2017, 09:11:56 AM »
What happened at the Arnold with Palumbo? When you stole Ahmad away from Rx. Whats your side of the story? That was awesome by the way!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2017, 09:17:18 AM »
An important question, Shawn:

1) Why are getbiggers such hypocrites?  :D :D When you were not posting, they were saying you were overrated and you complain too much. Now, they are singing your praise because you're posting again. Can you explain this phenomenon?
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
Do you believe this to be a suitable physique for posting on a bodybuilding message board?

Simple Simon

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »
Do you believe this to be a suitable physique for posting on a bodybuilding message board?

I dont see why not

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2017, 09:22:40 AM »
No GH and Insulin were not part of Bodybuilding for me and my career.
That much is obvious when comparing your physique to the modern pregnant and bloated pros. Glad to hear you're smart enough to stay away from bodybuilding drugs after competing, it's better to retire ahead than be a former shell of yourself just to prove something and end up hurting yourself in the process.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
What happened at the Arnold with Palumbo? When you stole Ahmad away from Rx. Whats your side of the story? That was awesome by the way!

Palumbo was looking for publicity.
Ahmad was standing by himself, I walked over with the camera running and we hugged then I began to interview him. Palumbo was off in the distance or on the side apparently setting up his camera to interview him then ran over once he set up to crash my interview.
Got to love a Publicity hound with a Hard On against the guy who took his Job!
Dave constantly likes to talk about me, notice I never brought up his name?
The Jealousy is REAL at RX and Aceto is Palumbo's biggest Nut Hugger! ;D

Rimstinger

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2017, 09:35:53 AM »

I can see the insulin induced bubble gut.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2017, 09:39:20 AM »
An important question, Shawn:

1) Why are getbiggers such hypocrites?  :D :D When you were not posting, they were saying you were overrated and you complain too much. Now, they are singing your praise because you're posting again. Can you explain this phenomenon?

Traditionally Get Bigger waffle back n forth depending on which way the wind blows.
The Internet Warriors love to Hate and Love to Love!
I have a select few Haters here that regardless of my Success refuse to sho love or give props, its not in their DNA so I let them Flame Away!
My MOD Powers refuse to eliminate these guys because the they show whom they truly are and I like that everyone else can see their level of Discontent.
Its all good, its what makes the Board what it is. We have Highly Educated to extremely Ignorant. A true reflection of society at large!
Peanuts Popcorn!!!! :o

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2017, 09:40:53 AM »

Only thing missing is some Oil, Tan, Muscle, Shave and a Pro Card!
Other than that, looks great me! ;D

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »
Palumbo was saying you have it out for Chad since the 90's, which is why you have been writing some negative stuff regarding gurus especially Chad, whats your opinion on gurus and The Chad?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
Palumbo was saying you have it out for Chad since the 90's, which is why you have been writing some negative stuff regarding gurus especially Chad, whats your opinion on gurus and The Chad?

Again, Palumbo reports what he wants people to think is News.
For the Record, I don't have it out for Chad. I pointed out how many people he has personally worked with that are DEAD!
Fact.
Ask The Chad how many Funerals of the guys hew has worked with did he attend?
I didn't have to tell you that Dallas' situation was fast tracked merely upon working with The CHAD! Stevie Wonder could see that.
Did The Chad go to this "FRIEND/ CLIENTs" Funeral? NO.
Nassers? NO.
Youngbloods? No.
Atwoods? NO.

Case closed.
#JustTheFacts

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »
shawn I might be moving to Hawaii soon (1-2 years)

I know you do a show in Hawaii (NPC event)

what is your opinion of being a bodybuilder in Hawaii? Maui to be specific. - good culture. i need a good ecosystem.

my goal in 3-4 years is mens classic physique pro (not too too far off imho) goal is that IFBB pro card in my class

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
shawn I might be moving to Hawaii soon (1-2 years)

I know you do a show in Hawaii (NPC event)

what is your opinion of being a bodybuilder in Hawaii? Maui to be specific. - good culture. i need a good ecosystem.

my goal in 3-4 years is mens classic physique pro (not too too far off imho) goal is that IFBB pro card in my class

Its not "Where you Live' that makes you good! Its how hard you train and diet when you do it!
Maui is an island, not alot of Depth regarding comparisons but if you qualify with a Win for the next level of Competition, you will no doubt have to leave that island for Bigger Fish to compete against! Come to Oahu next year and do show!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:00 AM »
Certainly a throwback look and i heard he was 180lbs?

Real deal for sure!

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:43 AM »
Why are Lee and King trashing you on the last Rx Iron Debate? And is there any chance of these types of program formats on Generation Iron?