Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 204655 times)

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!
« Reply #350 on: September 30, 2017, 03:43:04 PM »
I don't see this re-union so to speak lasting too long. Having just read the last two pages, the idiot patrol, tough guy Internet warriors, are out in full force giving Shawn shit all over again. You guys all keep asking for the pros to come back on the boards, and when one does (A legend ) he gets shit! Do you really think any other pros want to come on here and deal with dumb ass wannabes? I'm sure Shawn has a tough skin, but it will get old to him real quickly. For those of you that have sensible questions you want answered, and I have seen a lot of them. Keep giving him shit and he will be gone by page 20! Rave on idiot patrol.  :D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #351 on: September 30, 2017, 03:49:40 PM »

Yea, me and Shawn are not related.  Not sure where you got that idea Vince Basile.  Hope you haven't dwelled on it for years... ;D

Denying isn't proof. You have to reveal who you are related to. Obviously no pro wants it known that he is related to you!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #352 on: September 30, 2017, 03:52:20 PM »
Shawn, 1970 Mr. Canada, Vince Basile, rigged the competition by picking his own judges.

My question is this:

Should Mr. Basile have become Mr. Canada if he picked his own judges?
X

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #353 on: September 30, 2017, 03:53:08 PM »
Wrong -- The judges placed him 1st Thus setting the standards
Dorian wasn't a judge - just a competitor.

Blame the judges - Not Dorian.

Semantics.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #354 on: September 30, 2017, 03:55:13 PM »
LOL at this thread getting shorter. Guess Sean still has the ability to mod threads. ::)
Nevermind, Ron is on....maybe he'll swing by the super secret mod board and check out the threads down there. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #355 on: September 30, 2017, 03:57:10 PM »
LOL at this thread getting shorter. Guess Sean still has the ability to mod threads. ::)
Nevermind, Ron is on....maybe he'll swing by the super secret mod board and check out the threads down there. :D

Chaos, are you implying that Shawn is dodging certain questions?
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #356 on: September 30, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
Shawn, 1970 Mr. Canada, Vince Basile, rigged the competition by picking his own judges.

My question is this:

Should Mr. Basile have become Mr. Canada if he picked his own judges?

I have the trophy and am proud to hold the title. I was surprised that I won.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #357 on: September 30, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »
Man this place is mental

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #358 on: September 30, 2017, 04:01:53 PM »
Shawn, do you feel your lack of quad sweep is what kept you from ever holding the Sandow?

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #359 on: September 30, 2017, 04:04:14 PM »
Shawn do you believe a 1993 Flex wheeler, a 1995-98 Kevin levrone and a 1994 or 1996 Version of Shawn Ray could beat a 2011-2017 Version of a Phil Heath under today's judging criteria?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #360 on: September 30, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »
I have the trophy and am proud to hold the title. I was surprised that I won.

Because you picked your own judges. Of course you won.  ::)
X

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: September 30, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »
Because you picked your own judges. Of course you won.  ::)

No, such luck on Mr.AU '75    ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #362 on: September 30, 2017, 04:17:32 PM »
Nevermind, Ron is on....maybe he'll swing by the super secret mod board and check out the threads down. Getting posts deleted.

Some posts are getting deleted because either they are too stupid or hostile to all with dumb statements, or just not relevant. This isn't a screw you thread. Or a fuck you place.  Shawn has not asked me anything, as he is emceeing right now out of the country. But multiple IMs to me from people who enjoy bodybuilding or building up threads are concerned over some of you that just try to destroy things. Won't happen. So stop with the crap. Ask thoughtful question, not attack on something from 20+ years ago over and over again because you have an agenda.

Has Ron confirmed that this is actually Shawn?

Yes, this is Shawn.  Others want to post too, but because of 3 or 4 idiots, why waste their time when these guys like to ruin things. I am working on others now that MD (in their contract, it stated can't post on other boards) and others are not as strong willed as before.

Chris doesnt look too good on there Shawn, looks like you are both holding him upright

Just saw Chris at the Olympia - he looked fine, and judging by some pics that he showed me (as he has done for 20+ years), he is doing great.

No he's not in their league because they all won multiple contests NOT just multiple Olympias , Shawn 2 pro win

Shawn was top 5 for 13 years at the Olympia contest. Smart moves in all. He should of won at least once, if not for the domination of the press and more (we did not have the internet back, so you only saw some of these guys a few times a year... aka Dorian the Shadow...)

Neither Shawn or Melvin will even acknowledge the question about whether they are related

Seriously - who cares. They are not. But once was enough - other posts get deleted.

Racial topics have been the hot topic on getbig for many years, even before this NFL stuff started to happen

Since the beginning in the 1990s, this was been somewhat an open board.  I am not a PC person. Racial topics, as long as they were intelligent and not plain stupid, were topics that we all discussed. Even Politics, aka its own board.

I was attending the Olympia press conference as well and you seemed to be in a really foul mood....I remember you got into an argument with a female judge after she criticized your physique and said "Shawn, you always think you should win but your physique hasn't changed in years

I was there too... and Shawn was 100% right. That female judge said at the press conference - you look the same each year. That was crap. You should and ONLY judge a competitor on the day of the contest, not what you think if they improved or not. Judge them on how they look against the other competitors that day only. That judge was removed after her comments, rightfully so, by the Head Judge at that time.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #363 on: September 30, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »
Goddamn you Ron lol He's a big boy

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #364 on: September 30, 2017, 04:26:17 PM »
Goddamn you Ron lol He's a big boy

So am I.   But I enjoy the questions and answer, even certain banter.  Pure hate... no...

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #365 on: September 30, 2017, 04:35:24 PM »
You guys play nice or you play alone, it's that simple!
Respect or Ignore, everything else is just shit.

I'm trying to engage but trust me, I can Watch instead it's as simple as that.

Don't push me cause I'm close to the Edge.... I'm trying not to lose my Head!
It's like a Jungle sometimes

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2017, 04:35:41 PM »
Some posts are getting deleted because either they are too stupid or hostile to all with dumb statements, or just not relevant. This isn't a screw you thread. Or a fuck you place.  Shawn has not asked me anything, as he is emceeing right now out of the country. But multiple IMs to me from people who enjoy bodybuilding or building up threads are concerned over some of you that just try to destroy things. Won't happen. So stop with the crap. Ask thoughtful question, not attack on something from 20+ years ago over and over again because you have an agenda.

Yes, this is Shawn.  Others want to post too, but because of 3 or 4 idiots, why waste their time when these guys like to ruin things. I am working on others now that MD (in their contract, it stated can't post on other boards) and others are not as strong willed as before.

Just saw Chris at the Olympia - he looked fine, and judging by some pics that he showed me (as he has done for 20+ years), he is doing great.

Shawn was top 5 for 13 years at the Olympia contest. Smart moves in all. He should of won at least once, if not for the domination of the press and more (we did not have the internet back, so you only saw some of these guys a few times a year... aka Dorian the Shadow...)

Seriously - who cares. They are not. But once was enough - other posts get deleted.

Since the beginning in the 1990s, this was been somewhat an open board.  I am not a PC person. Racial topics, as long as they were intelligent and not plain stupid, were topics that we all discussed. Even Politics, aka its own board.

I was there too... and Shawn was 100% right. That female judge said at the press conference - you look the same each year. That was crap. You should and ONLY judge a competitor on the day of the contest, not what you think if they improved or not. Judge them on how they look against the other competitors that day only. That judge was removed after her comments, rightfully so, by the Head Judge at that time.

I have no "agenda", Ron, would like to see some other things addressed that would help all of us enjoy the board more that seem to be put off. >:(
As far as Shawn goes, fun to have him back and watch him go back and forth with the fellas. He seems to do just fine responding to critics and fans. Never actually met the guy but have heard numerous stories from several people that have.
I agree with the sentiment of being judged the day of the competition, not the last performance. There is some huge issues with the ifbb judging as it is don't you think?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: September 30, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »

And here I just gave you props for having the nuts to go back and forth with the fellas here and now you're threatening to quit.....already. ;D
Damn, son.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #368 on: September 30, 2017, 04:37:27 PM »
He's avoided my almond question, which was asked is a respectful manner.
Y

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: September 30, 2017, 04:43:28 PM »

Respect is earned  ;) and this Thunderdome

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #370 on: September 30, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
Respect is earned  ;) and this Thunderdome

perhaps but you take this who was better shit over the top and ruin threads with your bullshit.
"

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2017, 04:57:08 PM »
Hello Shawn. Quick question....I remember in the late 80's watching an episode of American Muscle Magazine on ESPN....in which you did an offseason training session with Sean Jenkins. I knew Sean from back east. I remember him as a good guy. Anyway...did you guys actually train together at some point? Or was that only for the episode. Something Lou Zwick thought up? Anyway....just curious. Thank you for posting up on this board. Much appreciated.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
perhaps but you take this who was better shit over the top and ruin threads with your bullshit.
There's a 1700+ page thread somewhere for his antics
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2017, 05:09:23 PM »

Take that shit up with Shawn who's claiming he won in 97  ;)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2017, 05:17:17 PM »
Take that shit up with Shawn who's claiming he won in 97  ;)

your a weirdo who loves arguing moot points for hundreds of pages, and I am sure you will ruin this thread too if Ron doesn't step in
"