Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 206705 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!
« Reply #700 on: October 11, 2017, 05:57:18 AM »

Shawn and Dorian had thicker lats than Flex. Flex's natural taper is what gave him an illusion. Imagine if he had more lat muscle at that condition and waist size, he'd be like a more complete Brian Buchanan.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #701 on: October 11, 2017, 06:44:41 AM »
Lee Priest was also one of the Best, like you.

Shawn was much better

Lee had the freaky factor and more weaknesses, long torso, short legs, no chest, subpar back, even narrower than phil

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #702 on: October 11, 2017, 06:52:27 AM »
Shawn was much better

Lee had the freaky factor and more weaknesses, long torso, short legs, no chest, subpar back, even narrower than phil

Agreed, Shawn much better.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #703 on: October 11, 2017, 08:07:06 AM »
out of hall of fame?

ok you are right, shawn winning 2 shows while Mr. Levrone won 20 and beat shawn and flex more than he lost to them means nothing and more "wao" factor ::)

E

kevin came in when shawn was skipping from his prime and flex was climbing.if them 3 stand to gather at their prime condition kevin have no chance beating both of them.actually when flex hit his prime at 1998 olympia kevin hardly manage to make 4th.he should have been out of top 6.lee priest was screwed there should have been 3rd.he knew than his time is up..that is why that was his last olympia.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #704 on: October 11, 2017, 08:49:36 AM »

all the talk of Dorians granite hardness, Shawn looks more detailed in that shot and for me takes it.

Agreed.  I thought so too at the time.

Who came up with this "you can't just beat the champ, you've got to knock him out" bullshit?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #705 on: October 11, 2017, 08:55:01 AM »
kevin came in when shawn was skipping from his prime and flex was climbing.if them 3 stand to gather at their prime condition kevin have no chance beating both of them.actually when flex hit his prime at 1998 olympia kevin hardly manage to make 4th.he should have been out of top 6.lee priest was screwed there should have been 3rd.he knew than his time is up..that is why that was his last olympia.

This is ridiculous!!

Lee could never hold Kevin’s stuffed thong, EVER

I’ve always said flex 93 was one of the greatest but flex is so up and down, oil all over the place

Kevin, at many times was better than both, I would say Cormier a lot of times was better than flex and in 1999 he should have been 2nd, not flex, chris is a more compete bber overall than flex, no missing body parts

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #706 on: October 11, 2017, 08:56:36 AM »
Lots of history in this pic--we see in the background from L-R:  Darrem Charles (still competing at the highest level in Classic Physique today), Chris Cormier getting a zit on his back popped by, who is that, Roland Cziurlok?  And Mike Francois.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #707 on: October 11, 2017, 09:17:46 AM »
Q - What does Shawn Ray do when his peers and writers point out to him that he started out relatively well off and pampered?

A - Shawn invents and pushes narrative that when he was starting out he cleaned toilets. Therefore making Shawn seem one of the bluecollar guys.
      (another classic bodybuilding lie by a classic bodybuilder)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #708 on: October 11, 2017, 10:39:22 AM »
Yeah its an even call between Shawn and Priest. But symmetry and cuts is a prime cieria and Shawn had him every time. Scores dont lie!
MIRAGETROPIN

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #709 on: October 11, 2017, 12:00:02 PM »
Shawn which pro do you think retired/quit before their true potential was realized.  Meaning if they had stuck to it a little bit longer their careers would have gone higher?

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #710 on: October 11, 2017, 12:31:07 PM »
Shawn which pro do you think retired/quit before their true potential was realized.  Meaning if they had stuck to it a little bit longer their careers would have gone higher?

Dialysis mckidney has to be up there.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #711 on: October 11, 2017, 12:41:15 PM »

all the talk of Dorians granite hardness, Shawn looks more detailed in that shot and for me takes it.

shanes arms are the same size as his delts which is ace

plates arms suck ass and his delts and back crush his arms

the back and delts of a superheavy and the arms of a middeweight lol

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #712 on: October 11, 2017, 12:45:49 PM »

Phil did look good the 1st couple of years - Quickly went all pudgy dough boy looking & as for his midsection awful.

I agree. But it didn't take long for that to happen!

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #713 on: October 11, 2017, 12:50:21 PM »
Phil is still the CLEAR winner. It's not all about the size Big Ramy brings. Kuwait mofo needs to get cut. He's close but needs to walk the distance. Not taking away anything from Shawn even if I joke with him.
MIRAGETROPIN

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #714 on: October 11, 2017, 01:51:34 PM »
Shawn what are your thoughts on Jose Raymond's latest youtube video in particular around the 10:30 mark and on, when his wife calls you a "Prick" and is trying to find you I guess to confront you. Why were they so mad at you? What did you say about Jose?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #715 on: October 11, 2017, 02:22:18 PM »
Shawn what are your thoughts on Jose Raymond's latest youtube video in particular around the 10:30 mark and on, when his wife calls you a "Prick" and is trying to find you I guess to confront you. Why were they so mad at you? What did you say about Jose?

You can be honest in your criticism without getting hated by so many, but Shawn doesn't know how or he simply doesn't care...

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #716 on: October 11, 2017, 02:41:48 PM »
Dear Shane:

When you took this picture, were you aware of the previous fecal developments, surrounding that cleavage?

Ahhhh......"booty". I have to give her some credit. She named herself perfectly, as to what the male population sees her as.

Do I blame Shawn? Hell no. She is the definition of a groupie.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #717 on: October 11, 2017, 02:52:09 PM »
Ahhhh......"booty". I have to give her some credit. She named herself perfectly, as to what the male population sees her as.

Do I blame Shawn? Hell no. She is the definition of a groupie.

Completely off-topic, but what's going on with your posts counter?

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #718 on: October 11, 2017, 02:56:15 PM »

leet = 1337

Ron set that up a long time ago.  Kinda funny.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #719 on: October 11, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »

skipping from his prime?  what does that mean?  they competed against each other from 92 - 2001

the fact still remains Mr. Levrone beat both more than they beat him, and that includes the beginning, middle and end of their careers so i don't know where you are getting this "no chance" at beating them during their prime condition

shawn competed once a year while Mr. Levrone competed all year, it's easy to peak for one show

all you have are your opinions which are wrong, lee priest?  get outta here with your stupid biases i'll stick to the facts

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #720 on: October 11, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »

i think shawn's legs look better, but dorian wins this shot

back is bigger, harder, more detailed look at the difference in christmas trees

E
E

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #721 on: October 11, 2017, 03:02:15 PM »
It means what I have been telling you guys the entire time.

It is nerd term for elite. He named me King, now he just confirms it.  8)

leet = 1337

Ron set that up a long time ago.  Kinda funny.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #722 on: October 11, 2017, 03:10:53 PM »
It means what I have been telling you guys the entire time.

It is nerd term for elite. He named me King, now he just confirms it.  8)

So papa Ron loves easter eggs, nice one

Incubi

• Getbig II
  • Levrone Approved!
« Reply #723 on: October 12, 2017, 12:08:26 AM »
Shawn,

I'd like some answers straight from the horses mouth and please be very honest and Thank you!
I can completely understand if you do not want to answer and plead the 5th like Lil Jon.
Lets get started!

I understand that you tried to be a genuine IFBB athletes rep many years ago making sure No Olympia athlete left without some prize money, getting health insurance and a voice heard for all top pro athletes ect...
Did you ever consider working for the NPC and or the IFBB to get them to give out Fitness related prizes as well like Golds gym memberships, exercise equipment, food and travel gift cards, airline tickets, 100lbs of protein, or whatever as long as it was fitness related prizes?

Why are all these nutritional companies so cheap with contracts and sponsorships in your opinion, do you consider yourself cheap?
Did you ever contact Tyson chicken or the starfish Tuna, Pasta companies or any other food related brand?

The organization can rake and take in all this money from competitors and only give out hand shakes, pats on the back, $10 medals and $20 trophies literally giving nothing back in terms of prizes, don't you think this is long over do in both the IFBB and NPC?

Did Sponsorship seem like looking for a needle in a haystack if you were an IFBB pro and were not signed by Weiders?

Did you ever contribute financially towards Donations, disaster relief or religious affiliates, if so which ones?

What did uncle Joe pay?
According Jean Pierre Fux he got over 10k a month, how bout Mr. Ray's Pay?

What is your real nickname Sugar? or Stingray??...according to Kevin or is it "El Chihuahua" according to Nasser-RIP-1997 MR.0
you mentioned you were not friends with Kevin backstage over a piece of orange, C'mon man...really?
u really would have Slipped from 3rd to 4th over a piece of orange?

Did you top 5 guys really think u could beat Doz if he had been a wheelchair athlete in 1997?
Torn bicep, torn tricep, torn Quad, boils with back acne, bloated distended stomach, awkward shoulders, over weight spilled over and just awful.
How many points should have been knocked off his perfect score points total round for round?

Speaking of Doz he never got any better after 1993 but you did and the judges had already seen yates at his best, 1994 yates was nothing special anymore but you were awarded 2nd. pound for pound you were the better bodybuilder, had you been 5'10 and 260lb your the winner.
What the fuck went thru your mind that night after the 1994 O when you lost but had won the show?
U also rolled your eyes in 1996 just after being announced 2nd, please elaborate on your mental thoughts when this happened?

Why were you always going after Lee Priest's sloppy seconds girlfriends like Laurie Donnelly?
Do you have a fetish for other bodybuilders ex's or just Andrew McCutcheon's aka LP?
U dirty dawg Chihuahua, Did you ever hit it with Adela Garcia?

Did you ever feel like you were a spiritual demon and not an angel of light when it comes to Personal Character, Integrity and Sportsmanship?

how long did you lease the red Lambo Diablo?

No more questions at this time Mr. Ray.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #724 on: October 12, 2017, 07:40:25 AM »

Laughable

What "wife" wouldn't get angry if her husband was being analyzed and broken down on camera? A wife only wa Rd to hear Praise and positivity of her man who's dieted & sacrifices so much to compete. I get it.
My job however is not to cater to the wives of the competitors in my analysis. Hence, the evaluation is not all Roses and Sunshine.
I don't have an opinion here. Listen to my Olympia commentary and you tell me if this isn't a classic case of Denial & Over-reacting.
Jose has always been cool with me but god forbid I mention he's among the older 212 competitors nearing the end of a glamourous career, battling lingering injuries and is not as good as he once was.
Gotta love the Peanut Gallery😜