Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 206363 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
Re: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!
« Reply #800 on: October 16, 2017, 10:21:20 AM »
Did you own a pair of grass-stained shoes?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #801 on: October 16, 2017, 10:36:04 AM »
Sean
On message boards you are known as “history’s most boring bodybuilder”
Do you attribute this to not getting involved in unnecessary drama? Or the fact that when you were contest prepping you were very regimented and never partied?
w

Simple Simon

« Reply #802 on: October 16, 2017, 10:57:55 AM »
Sean
On message boards you are known as “history’s most boring bodybuilder”
Do you attribute this to not getting involved in unnecessary drama? Or the fact that when you were contest prepping you were very regimented and never partied?

Lee Haney never partied
He was the consummate family man...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #803 on: October 16, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »
Met Bob twice the late '80's and early '90's and he was a lot bigger than you would have thought. His legs were huge!

yep

bob got bigger late 90s early 2000's and lost his beauty  :'(

thickass waist ripped, just awful  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #804 on: October 16, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
yep

bob got bigger late 90s early 2000's and lost his beauty  :'(

thickass waist ripped, just awful  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
white guys only,,lose the hair lose the look,,rusty Jefferies stayed aesthetic bald,,rest get balder and bigger'lose lines'titus looked better with hair,this guy,joe deangelis.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #805 on: October 16, 2017, 12:21:08 PM »
Little known fact, Shawn Ray was actually the rightful winner of the 2001 Mr. Olympia contest!

4th place Shawn = Should have been 1st because...
3rd place Kevin Levrone was late paying the fee for his IFBB pro card.  This should have been an immediate disqualification.
2nd place Jay Cutler failed the diuretics test, but brought his lawyers in to state that the testing facility was not IOC-approved.
1st place Ronnie Coleman, ripped off his posing trunks to reveal a pair of USA flag posing trunks during his finals routine.  However, in the IFBB rule book at the time, posing trunks were required to be solely one colour.  ;D

Thus the real winner of the 2001 Mr. Olympia contest was Getbig's own SHAWN RAY!  8)

;D ;D ;D

Actually if Ronnie ripped his trunks off on stage then the real winner was the Mayor of Bodybuilding beating one out in the front row

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #806 on: October 16, 2017, 12:49:45 PM »
Met Bob twice the late '80's and early '90's and he was a lot bigger than you would have thought. His legs were huge!

Bob was descent. But cmon! He was not overlly symetrical and his hardness was not up to par. As a person hes great though.
MIRAGETROPIN

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #807 on: October 16, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »
From a bodybuilding perspective, a prime Ronnie beats Shawn if your judging criteria is based on size, mass and muscularity.
From a bodybuilding perspective, a prime Shawn beats Ronnie if your judging criteria is based on aesthetics, small waist, taper, proportions and muscularity.

Based on todays official judging criteria, Ronnie is the better bodybuilder.
Based on the average man in the streets personal judging criteria, 99.999999999999999999999 99999% of men on earth would choose the physique of a prime Shawn over a prime Ronnie.

if that was how it was judged neither would be mr. olympia

Mr. Levrone or flex would've won, both are bigger and have aesthetically better looking bodies than shawn

E
E

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #808 on: October 17, 2017, 02:08:05 AM »
From a bodybuilding perspective, a prime Ronnie beats Shawn if your judging criteria is based on size, mass and muscularity.
From a bodybuilding perspective, a prime Shawn beats Ronnie if your judging criteria is based on aesthetics, small waist, taper, proportions and muscularity.

Based on todays official judging criteria, Ronnie is the better bodybuilder.
Based on the average man in the streets personal judging criteria, 99.999999999999999999999 99999% of men on earth would choose the physique of a prime Shawn over a prime Ronnie.

Sexual preferences are a very complex subject,, one cannot generalize.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #809 on: October 19, 2017, 10:39:56 AM »
Nice to see Shawn has moved away from MD to the Generation Iron Fitness Network empire!

Is the GIFN a Rothschild-based empire?  I have heard that only 3 or 5 or 7 fitness outlets are not Rothschild-owned?  Oh wait, never mind.  That meme was referring to central banks.

When myself and Gaereth [sp?] saw Keith "Only Me" Jones at the 2007 Arnold Classic Expo at Pete Grymkowski's booth...I believe "Muscle Mafia" clothing/apparel or something like that [which Grymkowski got in trouble for spamming during the press conference  ;D]...Only Me looked to be well over 600-lb.  :(  I believe there were comments on Getbig to the effect that he was "over 300" or "over 400", but he was almost certainly over 600.  I felt badly when Gaereth [whose real name may have been something like Grant Higginbotham - positive on the last name, but not sure on the first] and myself essentially stared and pointed at him.  :(  I imagine both Only Me and Shawn Ray had people staring at them due to their size...but for different reasons.  :(

Little did I realize at the time that within 3.5 years, Keith would be dead, most likely with his morbid obesity being a primary cause.  I suppose Keith spent the final years of his life being unable to train, and likely unable to do a lot of things.  Being over 300-lb must be debilitating.  I can't imagine being over 600-lb.

In any case, Shawn's thread about the Shawn Ray Classic reminded me of Keith.  I believe that Keith asked Shawn to guest-pose for him in 2002, basically out of the blue.  Since Shawn was virtually always in shape, I think it was somewhat reasonable to think Shawn would be in contest shape, but I really think things like that should be sorted out beforehand, as well as confirmed.  As it was, Shawn wasn't in horrible shape by any means, but was soft by his own standards, and Keith was upset about it.

Has that matter been discussed in this thread so far?  If so, can someone please let me know roughly where it was posted in here?  If not, I am going to do some searches for it now, to see if that matter was ever settled in the public eyes.  These stories are eye-opening to me for a variety of reason, and as often as possible, I like to get all sides of the story.  I believe that is the fair thing to do.

darkeyes

« Reply #810 on: October 19, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »
Nice to see Shawn has moved away from MD to the Generation Iron Fitness Network empire!

Is the GIFN a Rothschild-based empire?  I have heard that only 3 or 5 or 7 fitness outlets are not Rothschild-owned?  Oh wait, never mind.  That meme was referring to central banks.

When myself and Gaereth [sp?] saw Keith "Only Me" Jones at the 2007 Arnold Classic Expo at Pete Grymkowski's booth...I believe "Muscle Mafia" clothing/apparel or something like that [which Grymkowski got in trouble for spamming during the press conference  ;D]...Only Me looked to be well over 600-lb.  :(  I believe there were comments on Getbig to the effect that he was "over 300" or "over 400", but he was almost certainly over 600.  I felt badly when Gaereth [whose real name may have been something like Grant Higginbotham - positive on the last name, but not sure on the first] and myself essentially stared and pointed at him.  :(  I imagine both Only Me and Shawn Ray had people staring at them due to their size...but for different reasons.  :(

Little did I realize at the time that within 3.5 years, Keith would be dead, most likely with his morbid obesity being a primary cause.  I suppose Keith spent the final years of his life being unable to train, and likely unable to do a lot of things.  Being over 300-lb must be debilitating.  I can't imagine being over 600-lb.

In any case, Shawn's thread about the Shawn Ray Classic reminded me of Keith.  I believe that Keith asked Shawn to guest-pose for him in 2002, basically out of the blue.  Since Shawn was virtually always in shape, I think it was somewhat reasonable to think Shawn would be in contest shape, but I really think things like that should be sorted out beforehand, as well as confirmed.  As it was, Shawn wasn't in horrible shape by any means, but was soft by his own standards, and Keith was upset about it.

Has that matter been discussed in this thread so far?  If so, can someone please let me know roughly where it was posted in here?  If not, I am going to do some searches for it now, to see if that matter was ever settled in the public eyes.  These stories are eye-opening to me for a variety of reason, and as often as possible, I like to get all sides of the story.  I believe that is the fair thing to do.
Ron Harris is a good guy.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #811 on: October 19, 2017, 08:03:01 PM »

I remember.
Keith wanted me to pose for Free as if I was there to ppse.
Not!
It was never discussed nor agreed but when all the other guys posed he assumed I would.
I told him I get Paid to Pose, he didn't want to pay and I didn't want to pose.
He talked shit after that until he died.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #812 on: October 19, 2017, 08:06:26 PM »
I remember.
Keith wanted me to pose for Free as if I was there to ppse.
Not!
It was never discussed nor agreed but when all the other guys posed he assumed I would.
I told him I get Paid to Pose, he didn't want to pay and I didn't want to pose.
He talked shit after that until he died.

what was the name of that lady Sheriff from OC you dated again?

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #813 on: October 19, 2017, 08:55:10 PM »

Tasha?

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: October 20, 2017, 02:46:00 AM »
Were the Weider brothers, the harvey weinstein of bodybuilding?

Were the Weiders givers or takers?

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #815 on: October 20, 2017, 02:49:59 AM »
Sexual preferences are a very complex subject,, one cannot generalize.

not really

men like women

women like men

a very small minority of retards who have control of the media and have the proper backing to get elected and also are in the schools (which are glorious safe spaces with no interaction with the outside world where your ideas might be challenged) want you to believe otherwise

and 80% of beauty is objective, 20% is subjective, theyve done studies etc etc

basically everything we hear from the libtard leftists is against objectivity, reality, human nature, common sense, rationality, etc etc

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #816 on: October 20, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »
this right here is your aesthetics winner brother

Can't disagree. I said just about everybody, not everybody. Benfatto and Paris are right at the top aesthetics wise.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #817 on: October 20, 2017, 07:29:50 AM »
Since Shawn must have missed my previous questions, will try again with different ones :

Have you ever had any injuries over the course of your career?  Were they from training?

What is the biggest mistake you see pros making today?  Top amateurs?  The average bodybuilder?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #818 on: October 20, 2017, 07:59:41 AM »
not really

men like women

women like men

a very small minority of retards who have control of the media and have the proper backing to get elected and also are in the schools (which are glorious safe spaces with no interaction with the outside world where your ideas might be challenged) want you to believe otherwise

and 80% of beauty is objective, 20% is subjective, theyve done studies etc etc

basically everything we hear from the libtard leftists is against objectivity, reality, human nature, common sense, rationality, etc etc

Well said.  I can easily state that Bob Paris was a handsome, well built man but in no way would I want to be homosexual. I think men and women are hard-wired to be heterosexual but somewhere along the way, some choose to do what they want to do.  And the current (since the 1960s) societal zeitgeist of if it feels good do it, makes it easier to tell nature to go fuck itself.

Back on topic.

I think Shawn Ray possessed one of the more aesthetic physiques of his time on the dais.  Like Labrada, he was probably denied a win or three due to the politics sexual deviancy of Schmoes.    Additionally the pose down is harder on shorter men as that is where a blob like Coleman or a chiseled blob like Yates (both were excessively overbuilt) is able to look more impressive just by being "bigger".    Put a lion alone on a stage and it looks commanding.  Stand an African Elephant (they were originally BLACK...FACT!) and the lion is overshadowed by the larger elephant.

After all, schmoes are size-queens.

darkeyes

« Reply #819 on: October 20, 2017, 08:29:38 AM »
Well said.  I can easily state that Bob Paris was a handsome, well built man but in no way would I want to be homosexual. I think men and women are hard-wired to be heterosexual but somewhere along the way, some choose to do what they want to do.  And the current (since the 1960s) societal zeitgeist of if it feels good do it, makes it easier to tell nature to go fuck itself.

Back on topic.

I think Shawn Ray possessed one of the more aesthetic physiques of his time on the dais.  Like Labrada, he was probably denied a win or three due to the politics sexual deviancy of Schmoes.    Additionally the pose down is harder on shorter men as that is where a blob like Coleman or a chiseled blob like Yates (both were excessively overbuilt) is able to look more impressive just by being "bigger".    Put a lion alone on a stage and it looks commanding.  Stand an African Elephant (they were originally BLACK...FACT!) and the lion is overshadowed by the larger elephant.

After all, schmoes are size-queens.
Bob paris was a great bodybuilder. Homo or not a great physique.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #820 on: October 20, 2017, 08:33:43 AM »
Since Shawn must have missed my previous questions, will try again with different ones :

Have you ever had any injuries over the course of your career?  Were they from training?

What is the biggest mistake you see pros making today?  Top amateurs?  The average bodybuilder?

Yes, 1989 I had a Pinched nerve in my neck training for the Arnold Classic.
Wayne deMilia suspended me from competition for 1 year because I couldn't compete in that show.

The biggest mistake pros make today is not allowing themselves to learn their bodies Before they bring in a Guru/ Trainer.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #821 on: October 20, 2017, 08:36:16 AM »

Debbie

darkeyes

« Reply #822 on: October 20, 2017, 08:36:51 AM »
Wayne deMilia suspended me from competition for 1 year because I couldn't compete in that show.

The biggest mistake pros make today is not allowing themselves to learn their bodies Before they bring in a Guru/ Trainer.
where was the pinched nerve? did it effect your biceps or triceps?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #823 on: October 20, 2017, 08:50:53 AM »
Shawn what do you think of Rasheed Oldacre? He looks like he has that Ronnie-sque type of muscle, but without the conditioning needed.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #824 on: October 20, 2017, 10:10:00 AM »

Does that pinched nerve still affect you today?  How did it occur?