Author Topic: Phil Heath - Undergoes Hernia Surgery 09-29-17  (Read 14029 times)

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
Re: Phil Heath - Undergoes Hernia Surgery 09-29-17
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2017, 04:37:21 AM »
__mrsheath__ - Phil had two huge hernias. One above his belly button that spread 2 inches wide on each side where his upper intestines were caught within the torn tissue and muscle and a lower abdominal hernia which was apart of his umbilical hernia that he was born with (which was repaired at age 2 and was done horribly wrong) this lower hernia was so bad that it tore from side to side, up and down causing Phil to have a 3 inch hole that was an inch deep and had 4 inches of his small intestines hanging over that hole. The doc was able to push his intestines 5 inches back down into his abdomen and tightened his abdomen together and closed the holes. The doctor came to me after the surgery in shock that phil was able to live this way. He explained that hernias are genetic and Phil was born with very little tissue covering his abdomen. Doc also explained that phil has been using only half of his abdominal muscles due to his hernia at birth. Phil has been an athlete all of his life and this hernia was a ticking time bomb. He explained that Phil was a day away from a very scary and possibly fatal intestinal strangulation. His belly button was more visible this year due to the fact that his small intestine was literally inside of it, pushing it forward right underneath the skin. He said out the 20 + thousand hernia repairs he's done.. this was one of the worst he's seen.

-----------------------------------------

Phil accepts all the hate comes with being a Champion. The reality is... we live in a very troubled and hateful world! Phil and I have received so much vile and hateful comments and even death threats over his "stomach" this year. There is no denying that Phil was incredible on stage...bringing one of his most hard and conditioned packages yet! I'm still in shock he was able to do this all while in pain and days away from being hospitalized. ------------

------------------------------

I would like to thank all of his true fans and those of you who love the sport of bodybuilding. The positive messages that we received did make Phil smile. He's 7x MrO but he's a human being first! To those of you who realized that... THANK YOU! ----

Pretty obvious he had an umbilical hernia a while ago, no clue why this wasn't fixed earlier.... I think the bubble guts comments finally got to him and he got it checked out. I honestly don't buy this BS Story, I think it's GH related and he's getting plastic surgery/reconstructive surgery

Luimarco.... the type of illiterate dude that reads out posts we can read by ourselves.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2017, 04:55:26 AM »
So brave, so humble.  A true hero.   ::)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2017, 05:02:17 AM »
They should chop that damn Penoris and then burn it.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
Re: Phil Heath Undergoes Hernia Surgery
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2017, 05:55:18 AM »
That sucks. You probably couldn't take it up the ass during that time either.

If you have concerns about that you should talk to a doctor about what you and your boyfriend can do during the recovery time. You may have to stop being a bottom for few weeks.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2017, 04:24:22 PM »
Luimarco.... the type of illiterate dude that reads out posts we can read by ourselves.

He also steals our thread topics for his own vids. Done it to me more than once.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 02:03:48 AM »
I also had an umbilical hernia. I didn't know what it was so I let it go for about nine months until it really started getting gross looking. Looked like a thumb was coming out of my gut and my belly was getting distended. Finally went to a doc and got it fixed and they put a patch over it. Really painful for the first two weeks. I wish I got it fixed right away but I was just recovering from knee surgery and didn't want to be laid up again. It only hurt in certain positions like when I put my arms over my head or doing leg raises. Ruined my stomach as it is permanently stretch out and distended.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 03:25:33 AM »
Heath probably had what amounts to a mini tummy tuck. He will be ok in a couple weeks. Time for PCT

Simple Simon

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 03:28:11 AM »
Heath probably had what amounts to a mini tummy tuck. He will be ok in a couple weeks. Time for PCT

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 04:02:34 AM »
i'v had an umbilical hernia for for like 3years, maybe 4. was gonna get it fixed a couple years ago but the co-pay was like $900 and i said fuck that. about the same time is when i got involved with pain killers and kinda got away from bodybuilding for a couple years and the hernia wasn't too important anymore.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2017, 05:43:30 AM »
I don't always agree with Blaha but.. yeah...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »
I also had an umbilical hernia. I didn't know what it was so I let it go for about nine months until it really started getting gross looking. Looked like a thumb was coming out of my gut and my belly was getting distended. Finally went to a doc and got it fixed and they put a patch over it. Really painful for the first two weeks. I wish I got it fixed right away but I was just recovering from knee surgery and didn't want to be laid up again. It only hurt in certain positions like when I put my arms over my head or doing leg raises. Ruined my stomach as it is permanently stretch out and distended.

That puts things into perspective, I didn't know that it could cause distension.
On another note, how is your knee after the surgery?

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 07:59:59 PM »
Mrs Heath whining and bitching like her husband

making 2 small umbilical hernias sound like they are life threatening- what a load of BS

the bubble gut is irreversible, hernia surgery wont fix it

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 08:05:09 PM »
It's a good thing Phil doesn't have cancer or he would have to leave himself.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 08:10:50 PM »

making 2 small umbilical hernias sound like they are life threatening- what a load of BS

If Phil Heath comes in with a more svelte waist, are you gonna chew 2 packs of Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2017, 09:05:52 PM »
Kind sweet mrs Heath has been reported by the champ as receiving death threats-he mentioned this on IG
w

balzac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 01:16:28 AM »
wtf...

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 01:49:11 AM »
That puts things into perspective, I didn't know that it could cause distension.
On another note, how is your knee after the surgery?

I had both knees done back in 1995 where they cut over 90% of my cartilage and meniscus. It's been an ongoing problem for the last decade but has really caught up with me over the last 22 years. I see an ortho next Tuesday and see what my options are.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2017, 01:53:28 AM »
wtf...

lol......drama Queen personified...

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2017, 02:06:57 AM »
THE FAG ON THE LEFT LOOKS SORTA LIKE THAT IDIOT LOSER DRAKE

falco

• Getbig V

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 06:21:26 AM »

THIS!!! fucking DRAMA QUEEN girl Heath is!!!! OMFG hernia is fatal now my ass Phil and people are not all as stupid as you look!! You don't go from having a "near fatal" hernia surgery one week to being able to return to "light training in another week"....go fuck yourself you are the biggest douchebag in the "sport".

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2017, 03:49:36 PM »
wtf...

I totally get that a person's subjective experience cannot really be discredited. However, a "new lease on life" from a hernia surgery.

Oh, come on...................
X

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »
I had both knees done back in 1995 where they cut over 90% of my cartilage and meniscus. It's been an ongoing problem for the last decade but has really caught up with me over the last 22 years. I see an ortho next Tuesday and see what my options are.

Sucks to hear!
Do you think that today there would be a better option due to more advanced techniques "cutting people up" or are cases like yours(and most likely many others) bad either way?

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2017, 04:13:00 PM »
How will you work if you can't be on your knees?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2017, 04:27:34 PM »
Imagine if he had gyno surgery she would be describing it like he had a mastectomy.  ::)

Writing medical posts for Ronnie would be a full time job.