Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 58398 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2017, 09:01:10 PM »
Never give them up, they are the only real power you hold. The ability to take life at the press of a trigger, to put an end to any issue in your sight picture. That is the gun and it's importance to the USA. Countries that gave them up are long lost, to the degree that they do not even know there is something wrong with their society and govt. Unsurprisingly those same countries are the ones gleefully commenting on the state of American politics with their false sense of superiority, when it is in fact the USA that enables their supposed freedom in the first place and protects them via the threat of our massive military.

Troll

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2017, 12:42:19 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »

or be lectured about gun control by the same idiots who thought Obamacare would work.   Bunch of abject morons all of them. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »
or be lectured about gun control by the same idiots who thought Obamacare would work.   Bunch of abject morons all of them. 

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, if you like you plan you can keep your plan"   Derp!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2017, 08:26:48 AM »
This is not about gun control, it never has been. It's about controlling the population. Now why would the framers make it possible for the government to take away your right to bear arms when the main reasons for the 2nd amendment is the for the people to overthrow a tyrannical government?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2017, 02:48:53 PM »
This is not about gun control, it never has been. It's about controlling the population. Now why would the framers make it possible for the government to take away your right to bear arms when the main reasons for the 2nd amendment is the for the people to overthrow a tyrannical government?

According to Democrats the 2nd amendment is about hunting.  They are either retards or liars.   Probably both.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »

I'll let you in on a little secret. Promise not to tell... It is about reducing the access to long rifles that are designed mainly to kill humans, like the AR-15 and AK-47 and high capacity round magazines. It's also about making it harder for psycho's to obtain them. But you didn't hear this from me...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »

I'll let you in on a little secret. Promise not to tell... It is about reducing the access to long rifles that are designed mainly to kill humans, like the AR-15 and AK-47 and high capacity round magazines. It's also about making it harder for psycho's to obtain them. But you didn't hear this from me...

Perhaps if they weren't such psychos themselves, we'd have something there.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 06:19:43 PM »

Guess what? .Gov doesn't get to make that determination, what good is it for the population to be restricted, when a standing military run by said government isn't restricted? Strange but if you actually read the constitution I believe the 2nd is the only one that specifically states "shall not be infringed". Where is the outrage over pressure cookers, or fertilizer?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2017, 07:04:56 PM »
And of course it's the potential of the gun which gives it the power to actually stop violence before it happens.  That's what it's all about.  But we can't use that info since nothing very exciting happens compared to blood and guts, meaning it's quickly forgotten or unknown by everyone but the guy who may have saved himself.

Who the hell am I to tell the guy he shouldn't have a gun?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2017, 05:37:20 AM »
"No amount of statistics or facts will sway either side in the gun control debate, because they are all looking for simple solutions to complex problems. The facts of those complex problems are uncomfortable and nobody really wants to come to grips with them.

"For example, we don’t really have a single America with a moderately high rate of gun deaths. Instead, we have two Americas, one of which has very high rates of gun ownership but very low murder rates, very comparable to the rest of the First World democracies such as those in western & northern Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, South Korea. The other America has much lower rates of gun ownership but much, much higher murder rates, akin to violent third world countries.

"The tough questions are those like, why do we have these two Americas? But that’s an uncomfortable discussion to have. So instead those on the left favor simple minded restrictions that target first world America, with its high gun ownership but very low murder rate, but don’t address the root causes of third world America’s violence at all. Meanwhile those on the right correctly feel their civil rights are constantly threatened, so they are constantly in a state of “better stock up before they finally ban it” and the guns and ammo fly off the shelves. The left’s constant gun control rhetoric is the greatest thing ever for arms manufacturers.

"Meanwhile, over the past 40 years, while the number of guns in private hands has doubled, the murder rate has dropped by half. The left are constantly prattling about “assault weapons” which are almost never used to commit murders (about 1% of gun murders; all rifles combined are around 3%). More murders are committed with baseball bats than “assault rifles”; the vast majority of gun homicides are committed with handguns, but it’s easier to sell restrictions that target “assault weapons”, even though such restrictions, even if 100% effective, would make no detectable change in the murder rate (especially because of substitution effects). They favor ridiculous measures such as bans on “high capacity magazines”, as if magazines weren’t cheap and easily swapped out in a fraction of a second.

"The uncomfortable fact is that roughly 80% of the US homicide rate is associated with the drug trade, and the drug trade is violent because the drug war reserves it for violent criminals. We have a system in place where the government subsidizes poverty in urban areas, imposes economic blight in those same areas through heavy taxes and regulations, renders the residents permanently unemployable via the “criminal justice” (sic) system, and creates a lucrative black market in drugs by restricting supply (not to mention increasing demand as people are desperate to escape their circumstances by getting high), meaning the only game in town is often entering the drug trade. The drug trade is violent because those in it have no access to courts to settle disputes. Powerful industries lobby to keep the drug war going; the top spenders are law enforcement unions, the prison industry, big alcohol, tobacco, and pharma.

"Guns are not the proximate cause of gun violence in the US. Childlike magical thinking and simple “fixes” to complex problems will not work. But it is comfortable, and self-righteousness feels so good. So I expect it to continue indefinitely."

http://bretigne.typepad.com/on_the_banks/2017/10/michael-owen-nails-the-gun-debate.html

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2017, 12:46:04 PM »
Wish he'd chosen less divisive words than the worn-out "left" and "right" bullshit, but damn what a great article.

AND

Meanwhile, over the past 40 years, while the number of guns in private hands has doubled, the murder rate has dropped by half.

Had a gun grab occured 40 years ago, say, through some momentary lapse of reason... who'd say that halved rate would be paraded around today as "evidence" of something it really isn't?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2017, 03:38:28 PM »

Liar.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2017, 07:55:32 PM »

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2017, 10:50:50 AM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2017, 04:58:31 AM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2017, 05:42:45 AM »
We should ban guns. That way the psychos will have to go the European route and bomb us and mow us down with large trucks.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2017, 06:05:44 AM »
We should ban guns. That way the psychos will have to go the European route and bomb us and mow is down with large trucks.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2017, 02:00:54 PM »

He said it was really, really hard, not impossible... :)

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Why is it really, really hard? Seems to be all the rage in Europe now. And why would a care what some limey twat has to say?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2017, 04:26:41 AM »
Must not be that hard.  Dude killed 87 with a truck.  Las Vegas douchebag only got 58.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »
"Ban guns!"

"You don't need a gun!"

"Protect kids, not guns!"

Well, in this case a woman was able to protect her kids because she had a gun and used it. Good for her.

Texas mom shoots man trying to take car with her kids inside at gas station: 'I hope that woke him up'

A Texas mother said she didn’t think twice about shooting a would-be carjacker when the man jumped into her vehicle at a Dallas gas station while her two sons were in the backseat.

Michelle Booker-Hicks was at the Shell station along Interstate 35 around 10 p.m. Wednesday when Ricky Wright, 36, attempted to steal her vehicle while she was paying her gas bill, police said. Booker-Hicks told FOX4 Dallas her two sons, ages 2 and 4, were sitting in the backseat at the time.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/05/texas-mom-shoots-man-trying-to-take-car-with-her-kids-inside-at-gas-station-hope-that-woke-him-up.html

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2018, 06:58:08 PM »
I would love to see some lib come onto my private property and get my guns.

ROTFLMAO! ::)

I dream about that scenario a couple of times a week.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 01:31:00 PM »
Liberal 9th circuit backs right to carry firearms in public, in latest pro-2nd Amendment ruling

The liberal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals endorsed the right of individuals to carry firearms in public in a ruling Tuesday, striking down a lower court argument that the Constitution only protects that right at home.

“Analyzing the text of the Second Amendment and reviewing the relevant history, including founding-era treatises and nineteenth century case law, the panel stated that it was unpersuaded by the county’s and the state’s argument that the Second Amendment only has force within the home,” the ruling states.

The case resulted from Hawaii resident George Young being denied twice in 2011 as he sought to carry a handgun. Two of the three judges ruled against a lower court upholding the restriction.

It’s the second time this month that the three-judge panel issued a pro-Second Amendment decision, after backing a lower court’s decision last week to suspend California’s ban on the possession of large magazines.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/24/liberal-9th-circuit-backs-right-to-carry-firearms-in-public-in-latest-pro-2nd-amendment-ruling.html