Author Topic: Gun Control  (Read 58305 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Gun Control
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2018, 01:44:21 PM »
Liberal 9th circuit backs right to carry firearms in public, in latest pro-2nd Amendment ruling

The liberal Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals endorsed the right of individuals to carry firearms in public in a ruling Tuesday, striking down a lower court argument that the Constitution only protects that right at home.

“Analyzing the text of the Second Amendment and reviewing the relevant history, including founding-era treatises and nineteenth century case law, the panel stated that it was unpersuaded by the county’s and the state’s argument that the Second Amendment only has force within the home,” the ruling states.

The case resulted from Hawaii resident George Young being denied twice in 2011 as he sought to carry a handgun. Two of the three judges ruled against a lower court upholding the restriction.

It’s the second time this month that the three-judge panel issued a pro-Second Amendment decision, after backing a lower court’s decision last week to suspend California’s ban on the possession of large magazines.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/24/liberal-9th-circuit-backs-right-to-carry-firearms-in-public-in-latest-pro-2nd-amendment-ruling.html

:o

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2018, 05:26:46 PM »
Blueprints have been online for years. This is just political bullshit. Codeisfreespeech.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2018, 05:41:21 PM »
I don't, but maybe you do, understand how a confusing text from MrTrump can be seen as anti gunners political bullshit
You only quoted the one part of my post which was a general reply to the political reaction to shitty, plastic printed guns that have been online for years, not a direct reply to whatever Trump tweeted.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2018, 11:29:42 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2018, 05:36:47 PM »
Typical liberal hypocrite.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2018, 05:38:13 PM »
Not surprising.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2018, 03:48:33 PM »
This woman is a former sheriff and Texas’ Democratic nominee for governor...

Gun Issued To Former Dallas County Sheriff Running For Governor Missing

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/08/13/pistol-former-dallas-county-sheriff-gubernatorial-candidate-missing/

Meanwhile, this is what she says about Gun Control:

I have carried a gun for most of my life - first in the military and then in law enforcement - and I strongly believe in the Second Amendment. But if someone cannot handle their disagreements with means other than violence, they should not be allowed to have a weapon. It’s just common sense - so why not put some common sense measures in place in our state?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2018, 05:03:40 AM »
I'm looking forward to when this twat is an adult and we are allowed to question him and hold him accountable for his words and actions.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2018, 06:25:23 AM »
Cold dead hands!!!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2018, 06:52:19 AM »
This woman is a former sheriff and Texas’ Democratic nominee for governor...

Gun Issued To Former Dallas County Sheriff Running For Governor Missing

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/08/13/pistol-former-dallas-county-sheriff-gubernatorial-candidate-missing/

Meanwhile, this is what she says about Gun Control:

I have carried a gun for most of my life - first in the military and then in law enforcement - and I strongly believe in the Second Amendment. But if someone cannot handle their disagreements with means other than violence, they should not be allowed to have a weapon. It’s just common sense - so why not put some common sense measures in place in our state?

They voted this lesbian named Lupe Valdez to be their sheriff, lol.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2018, 08:31:14 PM »
They voted this lesbian named Lupe Valdez to be their sheriff, lol.

what part of her quote do you find appalling?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2018, 08:43:15 PM »

How’s this for common sense. Someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night, standing over my kid, I catch him (or her) and I rightfully blow them away no questions asked. I disagreed that they broke into my house. This women is a dolt.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2018, 09:00:52 PM »
How’s this for common sense. Someone breaks into my home in the middle of the night, standing over my kid, I catch him (or her) and I rightfully blow them away no questions asked. I disagreed that they broke into my house. This women is a dolt.

"I have carried a gun for most of my life - first in the military and then in law enforcement - and I strongly believe in the Second Amendment. But if someone cannot handle their disagreements with means other than violence, they should not be allowed to have a weapon. It’s just common sense - so why not put some common sense measures in place in our state?"

And in your wisdom, you think she was talking about shooting an intruder and not the parking lot Clearwater Florida situation or a beef over being cut off in traffic? Really??

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2018, 10:48:49 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure she's a great cop and a briliant political mind. 

She looks borderline retarded.  Fat, weak and stupid........as evidenced but her losing her fucking firearm.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2018, 04:26:15 PM »
Judge strikes down 'highly paternalistic' California law banning handgun ads, slams state's 'distrust' of gun buyers

A federal judge appointed by former President Barack Obama on Tuesday struck down a 95-year-old California law that had banned handgun ads at gun shops, calling it "unconstitutional on its face" and slamming the state for its "paternalistic" assumption that its residents can't make up their own minds about firearms.

Officials in California had claimed the advertisements would trigger people with “impulsive personality traits” to buy more handguns, leading to increased suicides and crime -- assertions that U.S. District Judge Troy Nunley in Sacramento all but mocked in his ruling.

"The Government may not restrict speech that persuades adults, who are neither criminals nor suffer from mental illness, from purchasing a legal and constitutionally protected product, merely because it distrusts their personality trait and the decisions that personality trait may lead them to make later down the road," Nunley said in the decision, which was made public Tuesday.

"Moreover, in the effort to restrict impulsive individuals from purchasing handguns, the Government has restricted speech to all adults, irrespective of whether they have this personality trait," Nunley added, saying the law was overinclusive.

The 1923 law provided that "No handgun or imitation handgun, or placard advertising the sale or other transfer thereof, shall be displayed in any part of [a gun store] where it can readily be seen from the outside."

"[T]he Supreme Court has rejected this highly paternalistic approach to limiting speech, holding that the Government may not 'achieve its policy objectives through the indirect means of restraining certain speech by certain speakers,'" Nunley wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/12/judge-strikes-down-highly-paternalistic-california-law-banning-handgun-ads-slams-states-distrust-gun-buyers.html

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2018, 04:34:34 PM »
Judge strikes down 'highly paternalistic' California law banning handgun ads, slams state's 'distrust' of gun buyers

A federal judge appointed by former President Barack Obama on Tuesday struck down a 95-year-old California law that had banned handgun ads at gun shops, calling it "unconstitutional on its face" and slamming the state for its "paternalistic" assumption that its residents can't make up their own minds about firearms.

Officials in California had claimed the advertisements would trigger people with “impulsive personality traits” to buy more handguns, leading to increased suicides and crime -- assertions that U.S. District Judge Troy Nunley in Sacramento all but mocked in his ruling.

"The Government may not restrict speech that persuades adults, who are neither criminals nor suffer from mental illness, from purchasing a legal and constitutionally protected product, merely because it distrusts their personality trait and the decisions that personality trait may lead them to make later down the road," Nunley said in the decision, which was made public Tuesday.

"Moreover, in the effort to restrict impulsive individuals from purchasing handguns, the Government has restricted speech to all adults, irrespective of whether they have this personality trait," Nunley added, saying the law was overinclusive.

The 1923 law provided that "No handgun or imitation handgun, or placard advertising the sale or other transfer thereof, shall be displayed in any part of [a gun store] where it can readily be seen from the outside."

"[T]he Supreme Court has rejected this highly paternalistic approach to limiting speech, holding that the Government may not 'achieve its policy objectives through the indirect means of restraining certain speech by certain speakers,'" Nunley wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/12/judge-strikes-down-highly-paternalistic-california-law-banning-handgun-ads-slams-states-distrust-gun-buyers.html
Ban handgun ads but encourage big pharma dependence by running drugs ads every commercial break constantly. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »
Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase

Two New York lawmakers are working to draft a bill that would propose a social media check before a gun purchase.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer’s proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm.

“A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a fire arm,” Adams explains.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/lawmakers-drafting-bill-would-allow-social-media-checks-gun-purchase

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2018, 06:54:24 PM »

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2018, 08:18:05 PM »
Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase

Two New York lawmakers are working to draft a bill that would propose a social media check before a gun purchase.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer’s proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm.

“A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a fire arm,” Adams explains.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/lawmakers-drafting-bill-would-allow-social-media-checks-gun-purchase

So who would be the "decider" of whats appropriate on social media and what's not?

If someone doesn't like the meme you shared you're banned for life from owning a gun?... or do you get to re-apply in 3 years after that meme disappeared?..lol

Sick

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
Slippery slope.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2018, 04:49:37 PM »
So who would be the "decider" of whats appropriate on social media and what's not?

If someone doesn't like the meme you shared you're banned for life from owning a gun?... or do you get to re-apply in 3 years after that meme disappeared?..lol

Sick

Slippery slope.

Very.  The Left (not liberals) will not stop until they ban firearms.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2018, 06:10:19 PM »
Very.  The Left (not liberals) will not stop until they ban firearms.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2018, 07:00:02 PM »
I'm looking forward to when this twat is an adult and we are allowed to question him and hold him accountable for his words and actions.

Don't invest too much in this. It will never happen.

Who are we?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2018, 03:33:50 PM »
More stupid laws regarding reduced magazine capacity. However, it's quite rich that when a law restricting magazine capacity doesn't make exceptions for off duty cops, the police commissioner throws a hissy fit. Why does he want 2 standards and have the law apply only to some but not to others? Sadly this mentality is not rare with several cops, who are used to be exempt from laws that restrict "normal" people but in the rare instance that they have to comply to the same set of laws and rules as everyone else suddenly they react.

'This Is Just Crazy': Former NYPD Commissioner Blasts NJ Gov. Over 'Insane' Gun Law

Former NYPD Commissioner Bernard Kerik slammed New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy over a gun law that bans off-duty officers in the state from carrying magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Kerik tweeted a leaked memo to law enforcement signed by Acting Bergen County Prosecutor Dennis Calo, which said violating the law would result in a fourth-degree crime.

According to NJ.com, Murphy (D) signed the bill into law in June, which also states that an officer may not be convicted of a criminal offense if he or she voluntarily surrenders a weapon in question.

Kerik said Sunday on Fox & Friends that the law is not only "outrageous," it also puts officers at risk.

"You're taking the ability away from the cops to possess the rounds they may need in a gun battle. ... That's insane," he said.

The law applies to New Jersey residents as well as off-duty officers, and Kerik said Murphy has essentially taken guns "away from the people" of the state.

"It's one thing if you violate a rule of a department," Kerik added. "But this is a law. A criminal law, and it makes you, then, a criminal. So, this is just crazy."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/12/16/new-jersey-gun-ammunition-law-bernard-kerik-former-nypd-commissioner-blasts-phil-murphy

To see just how restrictive and absurd the law is, read this:

New Jersey invites in violent criminal aliens while stripping citizens of the right to self-defense

When the clock strikes midnight Tuesday morning, anyone in New Jersey who owns a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition is officially in possession of illegal contraband and is deemed a fourth-degree felon. Unlike previous magazine bans, this one retroactively bans people from even owning such magazines in their homes, even though they had been purchased legally. At the same time, the most violent criminal aliens will be actively shielded from deportation by state officials, against federal law. The inmates are running the asylum, while the law-abiding citizens and federal law enforcement are treated like criminals.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/new-jersey-invites-in-violent-criminal-aliens-while-stripping-citizens-of-the-right-to-self-defense/