Author Topic: Is There Any Point to Being Old?  (Read 16661 times)

Rimstinger

Is There Any Point to Being Old?
« on: October 09, 2017, 08:01:32 AM »
So once you retire you're basically useless to humanity.

No on wants to fuck you

If you have money, people are just waiting for you to die so they can enjoy inheritance

What do old people exist for beyond 60 apart from just fucking around in dollar shops, pruning flowers in their garden and waiting for their grand kids to pop over once a month

Look at Vince B, at 76 he does nothing but take creepy pictures of Brazilian students, no one wants to fuck him or even talk to him, not even board members want to engage with him via a faceless contactless internet forum. He creeps everyone around him, has zero productivity in this world cos he's old. He is merely a reminder of a person that once existed in the 70s that won shows and hung out with Arnold.

So to me life is about living, and this society the way it works is only adequate for someone healthy, young and strong, if you don't fit this criteria you are pushed to the sidelines to merely exist.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Is There Any Point to Being Old?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:07:47 AM »
Basile's life is much worse than the average old person!  :D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »
Plenty of reasons (good food, wine, exercise, hobbies) but folks in their 70's shouldn't be arguing with Getbiggers on a muscle board.
If you can stay in shape, stay on TRT, have fun, more power to you.

This guy is 80 (ish), good for him.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:19:43 AM »

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:26:05 AM »

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 08:33:08 AM »
Yes, after working all your life you get to relax and do fuck all and enjoy what you’ve worked for, just hope you don’t die before having time to enjoy retirement or crack up from the bordem of not working.

Rimstinger

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 08:35:59 AM »
Yes, after working all your life you get to relax and do fuck all and enjoy what you’ve worked for, just hope you don’t die before having time to enjoy retirement or crack up from the bordem of not working.

How can you enjoy anything, your dick has shrunk, your energy levels are low, you look like a shrivelled up prune with a pulse, your wife is unfuckable.

What is it you're going to enjoy?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:04 AM »
How can you enjoy anything, your dick has shrunk, your energy levels are low, you look like a shrivelled up prune with a pulse, your wife is unfuckable.

I plan to just get drunk down the local club

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 08:37:45 AM »
So once you retire you're basically useless to humanity.

No on wants to fuck you

If you have money, people are just waiting for you to die so they can enjoy inheritance

What do old people exist for beyond 60 apart from just fucking around in dollar shops, pruning flowers in their garden and waiting for their grand kids to pop over once a month

Look at Vince B, at 76 he does nothing but take creepy pictures of Brazilian students, no one wants to fuck him or even talk to him, not even board members want to engage with him via a faceless contactless internet forum. He creeps everyone around him, has zero productivity in this world cos he's old. He is merely a reminder of a person that once existed in the 70s that won shows and hung out with Arnold.

So to me life is about living, and this society the way it works is only adequate for someone healthy, young and strong, if you don't fit this criteria you are pushed to the sidelines to merely exist.

wiser and richer.
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:29 AM »
i look as good now at 52 as I did at 31.

Lifes great...

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 09:30:18 AM »

LOL.  Except those people got "renewed" in "Carrousel" when they hit the ripe old age of 30.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
Priorities and mentality changes, what was considered important or fun in my 20's is not anymore.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2017, 10:58:57 AM »

Clueless post reported.
Y

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 11:06:59 AM »
Very interesting question, which, because we are set on the same, aging course, demands some reflection.

Of course, here we can recall our Tennyson, "Come my friends..." (though this "heroic heart" met his shipwreck in Dante's portrait).
But the notion of purpose (telos), of there being "any point" is key. The point(s) can be framed personally (subjective) and socially (collective). Subjective purposes are fluid and changing (final purposes, at least in the Aristotelian sense, are altogether different). Still, the self at time t and the self at time t+(x) are two different selves but, assuming they have in common the mental competency to set their own ends, as Griffith writes, one's raison d'etre can change. Collectively, experienced and wise persons contribute to different "points."

Sure, behind the white towel of decrepitude hangs nothing but a shrunken sack of suck; but whoever said that life promises you a schmoe's garden?

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 11:18:42 AM »

Solid and good looking physiques. Who's the guy on the right?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 11:21:52 AM »
Well of course there is no real point. No one feels good as they get older. Sure you can feel "good" for your age, but you are not going to feel as good at 50 than you do at 20. Posting pics of guys in their 70's with abs means shit. We all get old or die young. Deal with it or kill your self. I say this with as much love as possible.  :D

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 11:25:41 AM »
not in physique culture or womanizing

in other fields getting older and wiser is a benefit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »
Well of course there is no real point. N0 one feels good as they get older. Sure you can feel "good" for your age, but you are not going to feel as good at 50 than you do at 20. Posting pics of guys in their 70's with abs means shit. We all get old or die young. Deal with it or kill your self. I say this with as much love as possible.  :D

Disagree.

How you feel relative to other ages is irrelevant.  It's how you feel in the present, regardless.

At 50, you can still eat well, train, fuck, play golf, vacation and do a myriad of shit and other opportunities that might not have presented themselves at age 20.  I know guys who are in their 50s and still play competitive baseball.

Plus, priorities and tastes change anyway, so what you thought you liked at 20 may not even matter.
Y

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 11:33:50 AM »
Disagree.

How you feel relative to other ages is irrelevant.  It's how you feel in the present, regardless.

At 50, you can still eat well, train, fuck, play golf, vacation and do a myriad of shit and other opportunities that might not have presented themselves at age 20.  I know guys who are in their 50s and still play competitive baseball.

Plus, priorities and tastes change anyway, so what you thought you liked at 20 may not even matter.

::)   Oh the power of a positive mind. Your mind changes because your body does or you would still be out there doing the same things you did at 20. You are right about one thing, how you feel to other ages as you get older is irrelevant. Not a damn thing you can do about it so why worry.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 11:52:27 AM »
::)   Oh the power of a positive mind. Your mind changes because your body does or you would still be out there doing the same things you did at 20. You are right about one thing, how you feel to other ages as you get older is irrelevant. Not a damn thing you can do about it so why worry.

Not sure I get the eye roll but ok.

But explain to me what I can't do now in my 40s that I could do when I was 20?

In the past year I've deadlifted 400, rucked 27 miles with 47 pounds with zero pain the next day, can run a sub 40 min 5 miler in my sleep, do 50-60 push ups, hit a drive 300 yards on occasion, etc.....

I probably could bench more at age 20 so I guess I should feel bad about that......
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 11:59:52 AM »
There are far better examples to use than Basile as to why this argument fails

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 12:06:30 PM »
Not sure I get the eye roll but ok.

But explain to me what I can't do now in my 40s that I could do when I was 20?

In the past year I've deadlifted 400, rucked 27 miles with 47 pounds with zero pain the next day, can run a sub 40 min 5 miler in my sleep, do 50-60 push ups, hit a drive 300 yards on occasion, etc.....

I probably could bench more at age 20 so I guess I should feel bad about that......

Go to the Prom.

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 12:12:01 PM »
Well of course there is no real point. No one feels good as they get older. Sure you can feel "good" for your age, but you are not going to feel as good at 50 than you do at 20. Posting pics of guys in their 70's with abs means shit. We all get old or die young. Deal with it or kill your self. I say this with as much love as possible.  :D

man let himself go of peace..

;D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 12:13:13 PM »
Y