Author Topic: god wants the world to be ruled by evil because  (Read 62143 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: god wants the world to be ruled by evil because
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2017, 10:56:00 PM »
anyone who says that following Christ is the easy way out does not know what the fuck they are talking about

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2017, 06:49:25 PM »
Yeah but if you don't kiss God's ass you go to hell, so free will is really bs

No you don't. You can follow the way of God or Not. I don't think god wants to be worshiped as most people think. IMO, 'worshiping' god is done through good thoughts, words and deeds. When you exercise free will you are exercising a godly power, as our actions resonate through the echoes of eternity.

Worshiping and praying to God is good, because it reminds you that there is something greater than your 'self'.

In truth, we actually know nothing about our existence, but we do have an intrinsic knowledge of what is good and what is bad.

You can be a Ted Bundy or a mother Teresa, or just your average person who sees and admits the error of their ways.

How you choose to exercise your free will is up to you.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2017, 11:14:36 PM »
No you don't. You can follow the way of God or Not. I don't think god wants to be worshiped as most people think. IMO, 'worshiping' god is done through good thoughts, words and deeds. When you exercise free will you are exercising a godly power, as our actions resonate through the echoes of eternity.

Worshiping and praying to God is good, because it reminds you that there is something greater than your 'self'.

In truth, we actually know nothing about our existence, but we do have an intrinsic knowledge of what is good and what is bad.

You can be a Ted Bundy or a mother Teresa, or just your average person who sees and admits the error of their ways.

Turns out, what you think about worship is entirely meaningless here. Scripture is redundantly clear: God wants his almighty ass kissed, and he wants it kissed often.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
In a hundred million years there will be no earth, no memories of humans and their various mythos and superstitions, and certainly no one to care that such a pedestrian planet and it's utterly insignificant population ever existed.
That some troglodytes left behind by evolution still cling to the mentally ill delusion of an imaginary "friend/ trunk monkey" in the sky- is completely irrelevant to intelligent conversation.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2017, 02:42:01 AM »
Subway in Canada

Q

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2017, 05:03:06 AM »

Yes, the free will to go to hell or not, nice spin.

You don't need to believe in a god to have morality. It's self evident. Both theists and agnostics have varying degrees.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »
What if the concept of life after death is bull shit? What if when you die you're finished? Would there be any reason pursue a benevolent life? What if people were actually more concerned with the present as opposed to the past or the future. Be the best you can be everyday of your life and no matter what happens when you die, you'll die happy.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2017, 02:32:20 AM »
What if the concept of life after death is bull shit? What if when you die you're finished? Would there be any reason pursue a benevolent life? What if people were actually more concerned with the present as opposed to the past or the future. Be the best you can be everyday of your life and no matter what happens when you die, you'll die happy.

If it was 100 % clear for everyone on earth that it was finito (no god, no heaven, no reincarnation, no nirvana etc) afterwards, it would be an interesting scenario, and a higher influx of these two groups.

1. Those that say, fuck it, no use being good anyway, since there is no heaven and nobody to forgive me etc, so there is nothing to look forward to either way. Time to give some people what they deserve!

and

2. Those that say, If there is nothing else, then this is it, and i will try my best to make the most of it. Those will always seize the day.

Question is what camp would become the biggest :D
Q

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »
If it was 100 % clear for everyone on earth that it was finito (no god, no heaven, no reincarnation, no nirvana etc) afterwards, it would be an interesting scenario, and a higher influx of these two groups.

1. Those that say, fuck it, no use being good anyway, since there is no heaven and nobody to forgive me etc, so there is nothing to look forward to either way. Time to give some people what they deserve!

and

2. Those that say, If there is nothing else, then this is it, and i will try my best to make the most of it. Those will always seize the day.

That's hard to predict. The camp that accepts reality and lives in the moment will definitely be the happier camp, though.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2017, 12:06:40 PM »
That's hard to predict. The camp that accepts reality and lives in the moment will definitely be the happier camp, though.

You mean folks that live life to the fullest on their terms?  Not wasting a moment kinda thing?  Not hindered by anything and just go for it?   

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2017, 12:11:18 PM »
Does God have free will?

No.  Free will implies the ability to choose to engage in something that is either righteous or sinful.   The act of sin conflicts with God's divine nature and God does nothing that is not in accordance with his divine nature.   That said God simply has perfect, righteous, unchanging will.

Simple Simon

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »
I wish God could close this thread.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
Yeah but if you don't kiss God's ass you go to hell, so free will is really bs

People often conflate autonomy and free will.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2017, 12:14:25 PM »
I wish God could close this thread.

The fact that this post shows up the moment I enter the thread is telling.  Don't be scared.   ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2017, 12:15:08 PM »
The fact that this post shows up the moment I enter the thread is telling.

telling in the fact that God made me write it.   ;)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2017, 12:17:30 PM »
telling in the fact that God made me write it.   ;)

go on....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2017, 12:18:11 PM »
You mean folks that live life to the fullest on their terms?  Not wasting a moment kinda thing?  Not hindered by anything and just go for it?   

I'm not entirely sure about living life on one's own terms. This implies that if someone's terms were negative or evil, it would be okay, which I don't believe it is. Like it or not, we live amongst others it is only right to show them consideration.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2017, 12:21:09 PM »
go on....

respect to you sir coz as i stated above...

anyone who says that following Christ is the easy way out does not know what the fuck they are talking about

following Christ if you really follow Him takes lots of guts and courage

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2017, 12:24:12 PM »
respect to you sir coz as i stated above...

following Christ if you really follow Him takes lots of guts and courage

Whew, you ain't lying!!  It's not easy and I'm ashamed to say I sometimes fail.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2017, 12:33:52 PM »
I'm not entirely sure about living life on one's own terms. This implies that if someone's terms were negative or evil, it would be okay, which I don't believe it is. Like it or not, we live amongst others it is only right to show them consideration.

Do you feel that it is better let someone live how they want or provide warning if they're not on the "straight and narrow"?

Not a trap LOL....just curious.

Simple Simon

« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2017, 12:35:12 PM »
go on....

if God is all powerful I had no choice in the matter..

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2017, 12:37:46 PM »
if God is all powerful I had no choice in the matter..

Ah.  So that means you're a believer in Christ now following his will above your own.  You're a Christian now, correct?

Simple Simon

« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2017, 12:42:08 PM »
Ah.  So that means you're a believer in Christ now following his will above your own.  You're a Christian now, correct?

Of course not, Im using terminology that you are comfortable with, its a technique people use to ingratiate themselves to others.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2017, 12:45:11 PM »

and

Yeah.

Some people need a god to behave, no doubt. It's ironic, cause, god shouldn't desire these people in the first place because they aren't inherently good, just acting good out of fear of god's wrath.

If you see a child walking down the street and someone bludgeons him to death, you don't need to believe in a god to have compassion or morality.

But even in non extreme cases, most people behave due to the consequences of breaking laws, or self evident maturity- you wouldn't want that shit done to yourself. I would think, even if it was revealed that there was no god, people would still want to live in a civilized society. I think we are better than a bunch of low life savages.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2017, 12:46:13 PM »
Of course not, Im using terminology that you are comfortable with, its a technique people use to ingratiate themselves to others.

So you aren't coerced or forced to be one way or another?  How's that possible?  God is all powerful and therefore you had no choice in the matter.   He wills that you surrender to him in faith and repentance, but yet you aren't.