Author Topic: Sergio Oliva Jr. Profiled in FLEX Magazine by Peter McGough.  (Read 7277 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Sergio Oliva Jr. Profiled in FLEX Magazine by Peter McGough.
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:08 PM »
Sergio already looked like something else when he started out

True!  I remember when he was doing, what, the Junior Nationals and other lower level contests, maybe around eight or so years ago, and he looked much different.

Whether or not he can go one step higher will be the ultimate test of his genetics.  Assuming his dad's genes are dominant, he may well be able to get to that level.  Consider that according to Sergio Jr., Sergio Sr., may have been born around 1936 [earlier than the stated claim, as good records from Cuba were not obtained by US officials when he came here].  If the 1936 [or earlier] birth date is accurate, it would mean that Sergio Sr. himself was maxing out around the same age Sergio Jr. is this year - 33.

Also, I strongly encourage everyone to listen to some of the interviews with Sergio Jr. online.  It is pretty clear that his father had a lot of jealousy towards him and knew early on that Junior had his genetics, and wanted to do everything he could to stop him from becoming involved in bodybuilding - either due to jealousy, or due to feeling screwed over in the industry, or both.  I think everyone - and ESPECIALLY bodybuilders - not just women in Hollywood, need to know that we have an expiry date!  Not only in our lives, but in individual activities - bodybuilding in particular, is extremely fleeting.  Everyone should know this and be prepared to deal with when they fall off the wagon.  Obviously Sergio Sr. was only ever the king of the jungle, and was not prepared to cede rank and power - even to his own son.  It's kind of a sad story.  Maybe not quite like King Lear, but I'm sure there is some Shakespearean play that covers this.  ;D  But anyway, if you can listen to some of Sergio Jr.'s longer interviews [not the post-contest ones], where he talks about his relationship with his father, I would highly recommend it.  Shawn Ray did a good one for MD, where he asked him a question Junior already answered a few minutes earlier  :D, but it was  good interview, and I recommend it - as well as the Skype interview that Dave Palumbo did with him.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 05:00:48 AM »
Still, its going to be very exciting to see how he gets on each time he goes into battle.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 06:07:02 AM »

Also, I strongly encourage everyone to listen to some of the interviews with Sergio Jr. online.  It is pretty clear that his father had a lot of jealousy towards him and knew early on that Junior had his genetics, and wanted to do everything he could to stop him from becoming involved in bodybuilding - either due to jealousy, or due to feeling screwed over in the industry, or both.

I have been lifting for 30 years and have kids. If any of them ever wanted to be pro bodybuilders I would be horrified. A three time Olympia winner knows enough to keep his kid away from this life. Listening to Sergio Jr. , he comes across as clueless. He's so broke he didn't even have enough money for return airfare from the New York pro. How sad that a bodybuilder would likely suck schmoe dick just to be able to fly home. When will he start feeling the health effects from all this pinning. Some people need to learn the hard way, and I wish junior all the best.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 03:09:43 PM »
Sergio Jr. strikes me as a bit ghey. Not that there's anything wrong with that... 😁

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 04:14:29 PM »
Sergio Jr. strikes me as a bit ghey. Not that there's anything wrong with that... 😁

Very effeminate voice and mannerisms.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2017, 08:01:58 AM »

Probably serve him well in the IFBB, all things considered.......  ..... ....
T