Author Topic: Cardio built into Weight Training Sessions?  (Read 6187 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Cardio built into Weight Training Sessions?
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 09:21:59 PM »
You will get used to it as you do it more and it's surprising how many calories it burns with "afterburn". I've tried drop sets too and have to really take the weight down. Nice to mix it up though.

I did drop sets for side laterals.
X

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 01:40:16 AM »
Barbell complexes at the end of your workout work well and send heart rate sky high

Using an empty Olympic barbell try doing
Squat x8
Squat to press x8
Clean and press x8
Barbell row x8
Deadlift x8

No rest barbell stays in hands till circuit is complete, rest 2 minutes between circuits reducing gradually to 30 seconds, do 4-5 circuits.
Try it these are a killer they work the heart and lungs hard

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 08:08:51 PM »
Barbell complexes at the end of your workout work well and send heart rate sky high

Using an empty Olympic barbell try doing
Squat x8
Squat to press x8
Clean and press x8
Barbell row x8
Deadlift x8

No rest barbell stays in hands till circuit is complete, rest 2 minutes between circuits reducing gradually to 30 seconds, do 4-5 circuits.
Try it these are a killer they work the heart and lungs hard

Thanks! I dont squat because of a past double inguinal hernia, so Ill have to replace those!
X

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 08:38:39 PM »
If you want to be shredded you have to do cardio. I run or swim fasted every morning and hit weights lunch or after work. 6 days a week sometimes 7.  This allows me to have a flexible diet and stay ripped 365.

Try it but be disciplined on diet the first year from there you can slack on diet.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 08:44:16 PM »
If you want to be shredded you have to do cardio. I run or swim fasted every morning and hit weights lunch or after work. 6 days a week sometimes 7.  This allows me to have a flexible diet and stay ripped 365.

Try it but be disciplined on diet the first year from there you can slack on diet.

Yes, training twice a day, everyday will help you to be shredded if you are disciplined in diet.  Not rocket science.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
If you want to be shredded you have to do cardio. I run or swim fasted every morning and hit weights lunch or after work. 6 days a week sometimes 7.  This allows me to have a flexible diet and stay ripped 365.

I am more concerned about heart health. I mean, its not that being shredded is bad; however, Id rather focus on cardio health. I assume being shredded will follow anyway. I can lose weight really easy. That is not a problem for me. I guess you can say I intermittent fast. My last meal is around 9 and I dont eat until about 12 the next day.

My eating patterns are fine. The majority of my food is vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, lentils; I eat meat 1-3x per week.
X

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2017, 08:51:08 PM »
I am more concerned about heart health. I mean, its not that being shredded is bad; however, Id rather focus on cardio health. I assume being shredded will follow anyway. I can lose weight really easy. That is not a problem for me. I guess you can say I intermittent fast. My last meal is around 9 and I dont eat until about 12 the next day.

My eating patterns are fine. The majority of my food is vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, lentils; I eat meat 1-3x per week.

Same shit dude. Slim waist = longevity. Since incorporating that regimen my bp has dropped and resting heart rate has dropped to 60. Try it. Less posting more work on heart/physique

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2017, 08:54:13 PM »
Same shit dude. Slim waist = longevity. Since incorporating that regimen my bp has dropped and resting heart rate has dropped to 60. Try it. Less posting more work on heart/physique

I train 6x per week already and do cardio 5x per week.  :) :)

How much cardio do you do per workout? And what cardio machine do you use?
X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2017, 10:48:49 PM »

u sit on your ass for "work" thus getting fat
A

Simple Simon

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2017, 01:25:11 AM »

no you don't.
and there isn't anything scientific to back that statement up.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2017, 01:40:06 AM »
Watch your diet and train using Super-Sets,Tri-Sets,and Giant-Sets........no cardio needed!!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2017, 01:45:04 AM »
Is it possible to get a good cardio workout without doing cardiovascular exercises? It appears that bodybuilders from 60s to 80's rarely relied on cardio to get in shape. They just decreased the rest between sets to get into shape. I assume the decreased rest between sets burned calories by giving them a good cardio workout. In essence, the cardio was built into the workouts. Do any getbiggers utilize this principle?

"The use of cardio exercise to get into shape was surprisingly nearly non-existent in the time period from the 1960’s to the 1980’s. As mentioned before, gyms were well equipped with barbells, dumbbells and heavy, basic machines. Cardiovascular equipment such as treadmills, stair masters and elliptical machines were not developed yet. Some gyms would have a couple stationary bikes included in the establishment but they were not nearly as comfortable or as advanced as the equipment that frequents health clubs today.

Bodybuilders got into shape for competitions by both adjusting their diets and increasing the intensity of the workout.The intensity of a workout was often adjusted by decreasing the amount of rest taken between sets. By training faster, bodybuilders would automatically train harder. Arnold was rumored to train with so many sets and so quickly that he would need three sets of training partners that he would alternate with workouts in order to keep up with him. With the decreased rest periods between sets and the increased volume of the workout, bodybuilders could get into top contest condition without the use of cardio."

Stop being lazy my friend.

darkeyes

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2017, 02:26:36 AM »
no you don't.
and there isn't anything scientific to back that statement up.
Try going for a 3 mile run today at a good pace...come back & tell us if you need cardio or not.  ;)

Simple Simon

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2017, 02:30:58 AM »
Try going for a 3 mile run today at a good pace...come back & tell us if you need cardio or not.  ;)
try and stay on point, its regarding fat loss and staying in condition.

darkeyes

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2017, 02:32:52 AM »
try and stay on point, its regarding fat loss and staying in condition.
cardio is condition bone head. however you have answered as i thought you would. no condition. pulling rubber bands  :D

Simple Simon

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2017, 02:34:48 AM »
cardio is condition bone head. however you have answered as i thought you would. no condition. pulling rubber bands  :D

when we talk about bodybuilding we use the term condition to indicate body fat levels not cardio vascular condition.

As its bodybuilding we are talking about I will give you a pass as its unlikely you understand.

darkeyes

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2017, 02:37:56 AM »
when we talk about bodybuilding we use the term condition to indicate body fat levels not cardio vascular condition.

As its bodybuilding we are talking about I will give you a pass as its unlikely you understand.
have you read the thread ..you fucking Manks are dumb. people are talking about keeping their heart rate up to combine training & cardio.

Simple Simon

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2017, 02:44:15 AM »
have you read the thread ..you fucking Manks are dumb. people are talking about keeping their heart rate up to combine training & cardio.
I quoted a post and went from there.

its called thread drift...

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2017, 03:50:26 AM »
Looks like dropping plates was correct, classic peadophile Donald smith from

Brief history of Donald

- talks tough and offers just about everyone on the forum violence while also being an anonymous coward to scared to post a picture.

- pictures of him are found and it turns out he is 160 years old and couldn’t fight sleep.

- stint in military prison then Booted out the army for engaging in peodophilia and beastality

- banned from getbig for exact same thing
I pointed that out a couple weeks ago when he bumped one of Donnys threads

darkeyes

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2017, 04:02:00 AM »
I quoted a post and went from there.

its called thread drift...
read the full thread next time..might help.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2017, 09:45:19 AM »
Trying to "train cardio" (whatever that means) and "build muscle" (or whatever bodybuilders ostensibly aim at) in the same part of a training session is not good, imo. But the reality probably is, if you breathe hard you'll feel like you're "doing cardio," and so short rest times is enough to cure a bad conscience, at least for a while.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2017, 09:49:26 AM »
Stop being lazy my friend.

I'm not lazy. I do cardio 5x per week.

I was just wondering how the old school lifters utilized this method to get in shape for a contest. Further, I figured it couldn't hurt to get your heart rate up while lifting. But I would never replace a cardio workout with this method of lifting.
X

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »

You only need to run if you want to be a good runner.

And there is confusion in this thread that "cardio" means "fat loss". They aren't synonymous.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2017, 11:53:02 AM »
You only need to run if you want to be a good runner.

And there is confusion in this thread that "cardio" means "fat loss". They aren't synonymous.

Well, I don't care about being a good runner. What would you suggest for a cardio workout (if not running)?
X

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2017, 01:22:35 PM »
I want to do cardio for cardiovascular heatlh--for a good, strong heart. I am not too concerned with burning calories.

Oh, I missed this post, didn't know what you really meant. Running is fine. Your first post was implying that "contest shape" is some cardio achievement.