Author Topic: Bodybuilding's DEAD POOL... this list is f#@king crazy...  (Read 59551 times)

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
Re: Bodybuilding's DEAD POOL... this list is f#@king crazy...
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2006, 03:21:40 PM »
Whatever

People die in every sport...

but the funny thing is, people are so concerned about bodybuilders dying and "how crazy the sport is getting" but they support soldiers being sent off to war for no reason and getting killed!

Lets make a list of how many soldiers have died under the age of 25, its going to be way longer than any list from bodybuilding related deaths.

translation: I am juiced to the gills to become the next pro.........

::)

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2006, 03:23:55 PM »
Jack Delinger - 66
George Eiferman - 77
Roland Essmaker - 86
John Farbotnik - 73
Vince Girona - 80
Joe Gold - 82
Bert Goodrich - 85
John Grimek - 88
George Hackenschmidt - 90
Oscar Heidenstam - 80
Gene Jantzen - 91
Siegmund Klein - 85
Ron Lacy - 75
Frank Leight - 78
Sam Loprinzi - 83
Bob McCune - 82
Eric Pedersen - 62
Don Peters - 70
Steve Reeves - 74
Eddie Silvestre - 70
Chuck Sipes - 61
Steve Stanko - 61
Ed Theriault - 73
Harold Zinkin - 82

Still going strong:

Jules Bacon - 89
Dan Lurie - 83
Clarence Ross - 83
Jim Park - 79
Bill Pearl - 76
Dick DuBois - 73
Jim Morris - 71
Larry Scott - 68

obviously these guys never did and will take anything like the pros have been taking in the last 15 years.....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2006, 03:26:36 PM »
There should also be a list of bodybuilders who had kidney problems which seem to be another problem in the sport.

Exactly.  Kidney, liver, heart, blood pressure, etc. 

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2006, 03:30:56 PM »
here are a few

Juan Ferrero - 40
Caesar Juliani - 22 - gun shot
Gene Massey - 26 - plane crash
Ray McNeil - 30
Victor Nicoletti - 50
Floyd Page - 38
Carlos Rodriguez - 48
Tom Sansone - 38 - cancer
Rock Stonewall - 54
Tony Terlazzo - 56
Ron Teufel - 45 - HIV

Geez,  I didnt know teufel died. :'(     Thanks for keeping track of this stuff ,Tim.    You have a website dont you??   What is it?

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2006, 03:31:48 PM »
Exactly.  Kidney, liver, heart, blood pressure, etc. 

hmmm i see a pattern emerging......do u think they cud have been using "special supplements"?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2006, 03:34:05 PM »
hmmm i see a pattern emerging......do u think they cud have been using "special supplements"?

I think.   :)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

They wanted the 5-10% advantage that steroids offer.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2006, 03:50:21 PM »
  They wanted the 5-10% advantage that steroids offer.

lol

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2006, 04:21:22 PM »
Off the top of my head I can think of the following pros/top amateurs that have died well before their number should have been up... it's beyond a joke (and this is from memory - I've no doubt missed a bunch)

Andreas Munzer30
BJ Johns34
Charles Durr45
Curtis Leffler36
Derrick Whitsett37
Don Ross55
Don Youngblood50
Fannie Barrios39
Mike Mentzer49
Mohammad Benaziza28 ...20 fricken 8!!
Paul DeMayo37
Ray Mentzer47
Sonny Schmidt46

M

That list isn't shit compared to a similar list you could draw up of dead pro wrestlers.
The House that Ruth built

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2006, 04:24:17 PM »
That list isn't shit compared to a similar list you could draw up of dead pro wrestlers.

Yeah...it seems like half of wrestlers die before 45. :'(

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2006, 04:25:47 PM »
Geez,  I didnt know teufel died. :'(     Thanks for keeping track of this stuff ,Tim.    You have a website dont you??   What is it?

http://musclememory.com

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2006, 04:49:21 PM »

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2006, 04:57:44 PM »

Yeah thats it juiced to the gills  ::)

I dont even have the cash to be juiced to the gills buddy im 21 years old this month and have tons of shit to pay for and im no dealer

Meltdown.

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2006, 05:02:53 PM »
Tim

ray mcneil died of natural causes; and by natural I mean murdered by shot gun by Sally. 

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »
carlos Rodriguez died of cancer

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2006, 05:05:16 PM »
Tim

ray mcneil died of natural causes; and by natural I mean murdered by shot gun by Sally. 

Deservedly so.

Free Sally McNeil!
X

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2006, 05:15:47 PM »
You have a great site Tim!  thanks.  

It should be stated that there appears to be an increase in the incidence of certain diseases /ailments in the current rash of bodybuilders, say within the last 15 years or so.  The earlier guys from the 30' 40's and 50's generally did live to a ripe old age.  I doubt that anyone has done any studies to show this.  

The average age of first heart attack for the general public is often quoted as being somewhere in the 60's.  A few current bodybuilders have had heart attacks.  If a person were so inclined, they could go thru the list of all the past competitors and see when, if ever they experienced whatever ailment.  And then compare it to the national average.  If it is substantially different, by means of Statistical analsysis, then you could say that there is a pattern.

It would cost some money to do this; It also isn't necessary.  The length and dosage of drugs needed to play this game at the top level are certainly affecting these people's health.  Usually it's kidney or liver damage.  

it appears to me that there is a pattern coming out that has the newer younger guys experiencing ailments earlier than you would otherwise expect.  

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2006, 05:20:40 PM »
Deservedly so.

well, maybe.  Sally is being written up now as a sort of hero for all abused and beaten women.  For murdering her husband.  One site has it that Ray mcneil was going to murder her and she wasn't about to put up with that.  That seems to conflict with the evidence but you never know. 

I figure that Kelly did it with a lot of help from Titus
Sally did it-
OJ Simpson did it- no help from anyone.
Beretta did it- pretty obvious.  No matter how much a scumbag she was or a scammer, she didn't deserve to be killed.

I go where the evidence shows.  Men AND Women are capable of doing these sorts of things.

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2006, 05:23:15 PM »
Deservedly so.

I'd love to hear more about his since you have inside information.  The story was salacious and kind of one sided-  Sally waiting and shot him as he entered the room,  then shot him again, blowing a piece of his jaw off. 

The true story was hinted at ( he beat her quite a bit but nothing was written about him wanting to actually kill her ) but never written up in any of the mags. 

So what do you know?

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2006, 05:24:55 PM »
Deservedly so.

I think that she is coming up for parole soon.  She went in in 96 ? and was to serve 7 or 8 years before parole- of her 18 year sentence.  Was it 18? or 19?  so it's been a while. 

Didn't she appear contrite enough before the panel?

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2006, 05:26:50 PM »
He beat her up a lot, but a woman was strangled less than a year before the incident, she died, very similar to what Sally was going through...Sally feared for her life.  She even mentioned to me about the Titus case, see what happens when professional male bodybuilders strangle women, they die!  
X

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2006, 05:27:06 PM »
& don't forget Jack LaLanne, in his 90s now!  He was on Muscle Beach in Santa Monica in the 1940s!

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »
I think that she is coming up for parole soon.  She went in in 96 ? and was to serve 7 or 8 years before parole- of her 18 year sentence.  Was it 18? or 19?  so it's been a while. 

Didn't she appear contrite enough before the panel?

She received a 19 to life sentence.  She has not appeared for parole.  She has had several reasons to appeal the sentence, the last appeal made it before the US supreme court, but didn't win her her freedom
X

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2006, 05:43:19 PM »
He beat her up a lot, but a woman was strangled less than a year before the incident, she died, very similar to what Sally was going through...Sally feared for her life.  She even mentioned to me about the Titus case, see what happens when professional male bodybuilders strangle women, they die! 

Yes.  Gordon Kimbrough and kristy Ramsey.  I know all about that one.  He was a nutjob who didn't like to have Ramsey leave him.  Strangled her with an extension cord or whatever.  The prosecutors held the room silent for the entire length of time it would have taken Ramsey to die: about 3 or 5 minutes.  He got what he deserved.

You could also have said about the Titus/rYan/ James case: "See what happens when a drug addict female freak tasers a girl then shoots morphine into her, then pummels her while she lay in a coma, then has her husband finish up the job?"   That case has very little to do with bodybuilding. 

Sally McNeil's comment is more than a little self delusional and a rationalization.  Just about ALL women who are strangled by ANY MAN die.  The disparity of the respective size/strength for the average man and woman is substantial. 

I am not saying for an instant that Ray McNeil was a nice guy.  If he beat her, then he deserved to go to jail.  It is a harsh injustice that the victims of these sorts of crimes ( spousal or even date abuse/ violence ) often have to leave town or simply run for their life!  Yet this is what must be done if you dont' want to end up in jail yourself. 

She received a 19 to life sentence.  She has not appeared for parole.  She has had several reasons to appeal the sentence, the last appeal made it before the US supreme court, but didn't win her her freedom

shortfatugly

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2006, 05:44:15 PM »
It must drive her nuts to think about the fact that had she taken the lesser charge, she'd be out by now.