Author Topic: PDI PRO Qualifier Aug 11-12, 2006 - Orlando, FL  (Read 33821 times)

Insider XYZ

• Getbig II
Re: PDI PRO Qualifier Aug 11-12, 2006 - Orlando, FL
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2006, 09:39:10 PM »
why/how could they do this if it was an ifbb endorsed event??

Because aside from the NOC a couple of weeks later, this was the last event under Wayne's direction (Wayne was in attendance at the event).

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2006, 09:46:19 PM »
Because aside from the NOC a couple of weeks later, this was the last event under Wayne's direction (Wayne was in attendance at the event).

they really had it in for him then huh....too bad they (indirectly) screwed over their own athletes in the process

karma baby

Tomanater

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Eat-Sleep-Train-Grow
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2006, 11:42:27 PM »
maybe your right bro..............(how the f**k do i know,i have never competed before)
all i can do is try my best ,and try to come in the best shape i possibly can

to be honest with you my biggest fear is "pulling a Vince goodrum"
I'm sure as shit not gunna say " yea mann the west palm beach is my show!!!!!"
well see what happens(if it goes well .PDI possibly)
if not....................l ol  ill kill myself!
Great attitude Bro..Giver shit.
8 weeks and counting..
Good Luck
D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2006, 05:56:24 AM »
Great attitude Bro..Giver shit.
8 weeks and counting..
Good Luck
D

thanks big man!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2006, 06:22:38 AM »
When Orlando promoter lost money on pro event, NPC took his amateur show away so how could he make money to pay athletes.

PDI is letting him run an amateur pro qualifier (no prize money) and with the profits he makes he will pay his debts.

But why has the IFBB not paid Darrem?

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Slick Vic

« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2006, 07:16:09 AM »
Interesting. VERY interesting. By the way, Mike, keep it up brutha!  :o

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2006, 08:47:35 AM »
1). AMI pulled promised advertising from Flex and Muscle & Fitness. So, the show had no nationals advertising (only local).

2). Goad was given his show date at the end of the previous year. After his date was set, and he booked the venue, etc... Manion goes on and decides to put his Pittsburgh State and IFBB Figure show on the same weekend. This was bad, but Goad had worked it out with the sponsors to where they would send two teams (one to Manion's show, and one to Orlando Pro), so he would still get sponsor revenue. Nope... Manion told the sponsors that they could not do this, and if they did, they wouldn't be allowed to sponsor any NPC or IFBB shows in the future.

So, with no advertising to generate an audience (to generate revenue), no sponsorships (to generate revenue), and not being allowed to promote any more NPC shows (to generate reveneue), things ended up the way they did.

The problem with your argument is that it relies too heavily on inside-the-box thinking. 

It's very poor form not to pay a performer within a reasonable period of time.  30 days is normal - gives sufficient time to complete the event's other accounting - but in no case should this extend beyond 90 days.  Period.  If that means taking out a personal loan to pay the talent, then that's what you do. 

For the life of me, I have never understood why the IFBB pro athletes had to sign 'contracts' in order to do a pro show, yet the promoters were never obligated to honor their side of the agreements.

That said, one of the first major things Jim Manion did when he took over the pro side of the IFBB was to require promoters to place the prize money in an escrow account *prior* to the license being awarded to even do the show.  Even if a show lost a ton of money and the IFBB wasn't able to collect its full sanctioning fee right away, AT LEAST THE ATHLETES WOULD NOW BE GUARANTEED THEIR PAY. 

The way to make an event successful is to sell it locally.  You could've had a solid year of national print advertising for the Orlando event and it still would not have been well-attended, because they failed in the local advertising.  How hard is it to sell $30,000-40,000 worth of sponsorship in a city the size of Orlando?  Isn't this guy a professional promoter??  Hell, if I can raise $10,000 cash in my spare time for an event in British Columbia and don't even live there, then *surely* someone with that level of experience should have no problems at all organizing enough cash support to pay the athletes.

With valuable lessons from his past and now being under the guidance of Wayne DeMilia, however, I'm trusting that Mr. Goad will produce a much better event than he is currently known for. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2006, 09:14:04 AM »
God I love it when someone who really knows the answers comes on here and explains it.  See guys there is always a story and then the REAL story.  It sounds lie a typical Manion move.  He has done it before.  You guys who kiss his nuts really need to get a new idol.  This one has alwasy sounded like a ripoff artist.

As long as your looking for the TRUTH, Keith..heres a few facts for ya.

1. Manion wasn't in control after Wayne was ousted...Eric Weider was.

2.-When the 2005 IFBB Pro Division schedule was put together in November 2004, Wayne was still in charge.  Wayne scheduled both contests on the same day.  Wayne was still in the good graces of the IFBB at that point.  In actuality the Pittsburgh Pro was on the schedule 1st, not the way that "XYZ" posted it.

Also, 1 was a Pro Figure & the other a Pro BB show.  No conflict.  Wayne had scheduled other events like that for years, even before Figure & somebody wanted to run a Pro Fitness show the same weekend as a Pro BB.

3.-Lets talk tradition.  For 6 years Manion has had the IFBB Pittsburgh Pro Fitness/Figure the 1st weekend of May.  3 years as fitness, 3 years as figure.  Also, he's held the NPC Pittsburgh Championships that same weekend  forever!  Hell, when I was in high school when he held it the 1st weekend of May!  So Wayne knew this in advance.  Just like the NOC was always the 3rd weekend of May in NYC.   Just like the Arnold is always the 1st weekend of March.  How could Wayne not know this?

4.-Another thing... when Wayne had his original PD website, if he was AGAINST having the Pittsburgh Pro Figure on the same day, why was it listed on the PD website as the Pro Division Pittsburgh Pro Figure?

Wayne was hoping Pecker would move against Weiders/IFBB & that he'd be in charge of the Pro Division & have the NPC fall in line as his amateur feeder organization.  All the May contests that year, Pittsburgh, Orlando, NOC & California Pro were listed on the PD website along with the results from the Arnold Classic Weekend as being PD events. Hmmm.....

5.- As to sponsorships & them being in Pittsburgh, well refer to my 1st point.  Every sponsor knows the NPC/IFBB Pittsburgh is the 1st weekend of May & build it into their schedules. I know that to be true when I was with with GNC, as does Greg henry who made the schedule.  Nobody, including Manion, told anybody they couldn't do both events.  There were some companies that were at both.  Strange.... I on't think they were blackballed for that move since that time.

6.-Why would the NPC let James Goad promote another contest when he fucked up this one?  It's not the NPC or the IFBB's responsibility to let him promote contests so he could get money to pay Darrem, Ahmed, etc..
 BTW, Goad has his own company that makes bodybuilding clothing.  I saw him for years at the Nationals in Florida & several south Florida events selling his clothes.  Why didn't he take money from his clothing company to pay the athletes, or whatever job hes employed at?

Bottom line is...thats the responsibility you take on when you agree to promote a pro show.

I realize Wayne was trying to help out in some manner by letting the sanction fee go by the wayside...but you can see where it backfired...and to whose loss?? The ATHLETES, of course.
 And we know that Goad's wasn't the only contest over the years this happened at.  Remember Toronto,anyone?  I don't think that Art Atwood ever received his full payment for 1st place that year & I know the figure competitors got Zero!  The IFBB officials, sans Wayne, even had to pay for their hotel rooms.

Just keeping the facts real here, boys...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2006, 09:18:02 AM »
When Orlando promoter lost money on pro event, NPC took his amateur show away so how could he make money to pay athletes.

PDI is letting him run an amateur pro qualifier (no prize money) and with the profits he makes he will pay his debts.

But why has the IFBB not paid Darrem?

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I submitted an item for consideration at this last years BOG meeting in Colombus to the suits, that would guarantee the purses be paid to the athletes by the IFBB...

It was accepted.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2006, 09:19:14 AM »
Chick owns all you bitches!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2006, 09:20:53 AM »
Chick owns all you bitches!

Glad to see someone sticking up for Chick. He's taken alot of unnecessary abuse lately and has been very Christlike in his response.

justthetruth

• Getbig I
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2006, 09:23:26 AM »
The facts are, the Florida show was sanctioned in 2004.  The NPC sanction was removed after the promoter did not pay the athletes.  Jim Manion has run his show for 20 years on the same weekend. 

Wayne Demilia and the Florida promoter decided to use this date knowingly, without any regard.  Why should Jim Manion move his established show, when Wayne and the promoter knew of this set date?  Wayne and the promoter decided not to change the date of their show.  Wayne Demilia ran the athletes meeting at the Florida Show and made a very strong statement about how things would be better as he would head the new Pro Division. 

This would include the support of Flex and M & F magazine, David Pecker and the entire AMI group.  It has also been stated that the athletes who did not get paid at this promoters last show would recieve their money from the earnings of this show.  If this was the original intent, why wait until being confronted with this question to announce this!  When the show was first announced, this information was not given.  Once again,  Wayne manipulating the truth for his own agenda. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2006, 09:24:05 AM »
  Glad to see someone sticking up for Chick. He's taken alot of unnecessary abuse lately and has been very Christlike in his response.

Most of these guys are just jealous cause Bob bangs girls they can only dream of.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2006, 09:24:26 AM »
Chick just threw down the facts. Keith - better call and verify what chick just wrote before you respond.

Elevate Your Image.™

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2006, 09:28:27 AM »
Interesting. VERY interesting. By the way, Mike, keep it up brutha!  :o

will do  ...Vic!!

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2006, 09:30:25 AM »
Hey Mike, props to you for posting your picks. You are on your way, just a little more fat loss. Good luck and fvck the haters.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2006, 09:31:10 AM »
It's a brilliant move by Wayne. He is stirring up controversy.

With this situation, he also exposes Chic as an employee of the IFBB.

Chic your "facts" about what is considered a tradition is your "opinion." I'm not saying you don't have a point--but it is still an opinion.

Chic is not the athlete's rep-and Wayne is exposing him.

Chic doesn't have every single bodybuilder on his side--and Wayne will exploit the hell out of this.

As a result, the PDI will have more crossovers due to the conflict of interest.

Chic..

You should just be sitting back and letting the "free market" create the DEMAND. You hsouldn't be involved in dictating anything.

The more these two organizations fight for control, the more the bodybuilders win.

Just "lean back" bro. That is, if the IFBB will let you.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2006, 09:38:26 AM »
Hey Mike, props to you for posting your picks. You are on your way, just a little more fat loss. Good luck and fvck the haters.

hey man thanks..............(the support shown here..supposedly the most unsupportive bodybuilding message board in the free world has been nothing short of amazing!!,i gotta stay humble because i dont have the genetics nor confidence to be arrogant,I'm giving it 100% and that's all i can do.........no regrets bro!!
if i get dead last ill be the fucking hardest working,most disciplined last place finisher of all time!!!(and that's ok with me)..............im having a blast!!!!!

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2006, 09:41:02 AM »

if i get dead last ill be the fucking hardest working,most disciplined last place finisher of all time!!!(and that's ok with me)..............im having a blast!!!!!

Don't even say that to yourself, man. What you focus on will expand.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2006, 09:48:37 AM »
It's a brilliant move by Wayne. He is stirring up controversy.

With this situation, he also exposes Chic as an employee of the IFBB.

Chic your "facts" about what is considered a tradition is your "opinion." I'm not saying you don't have a point--but it is still an opinion.

Chic is not the athlete's rep-and Wayne is exposing him.

Chic doesn't have every single bodybuilder on his side--and Wayne will exploit the hell out of this.

As a result, the PDI will have more crossovers due to the conflict of interest.

Chic..

You should just be sitting back and letting the "free market" create the DEMAND. You hsouldn't be involved in dictating anything.

The more these two organizations fight for control, the more the bodybuilders win.

Just "lean back" bro. That is, if the IFBB will let you.

Keep in mind I'm the IFBB Athletes Rep....

So you're saying running a show for 25+ years is a "tradition"? but not a fact? lololol....

There is no conflict of interest, as the PDI has yet to stage a show and prove itself successful.

I've also received MANY calls/ emails from fellow pro's/ amatuers inquiring about the PDI and whether it's in their best interest to join...or stay put. I've advised for and against depending on the individuals circumstances...I absolutely think it's in SOME athletes best interest to give it a shot...others, not.

Once again..I don't get a check from the IFBB..nor am I a "blue blazer", or in any officiating capacity. I am simply the IFBB athletes representative, and make changes according to the athletes wishes and best interest....so far, I think I've been pretty successful in making positive changes.

Stay out of things you don't have a clue about.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2006, 10:00:16 AM »
Keep in mind I'm the IFBB Athletes Rep....

So you're saying running a show for 25+ years is a "tradition"? but not a fact? lololol....

There is no conflict of interest, as the PDI has yet to stage a show and prove itself successful.

I've also received MANY calls/ emails from fellow pro's/ amatuers inquiring about the PDI and whether it's in their best interest to join...or stay put. I've advised for and against depending on the individuals circumstances...I absolutely think it's in SOME athletes best interest to give it a shot...others, not.

Once again..I don't get a check from the IFBB..nor am I a "blue blazer", or in any officiating capacity. I am simply the IFBB athletes representative, and make changes according to the athletes wishes and best interest....so far, I think I've been pretty successful in making positive changes.

Stay out of things you don't have a clue about.

I'll stick my business in anything you post oin this public forum. Thank you very much. If you don't want me in your business, be a professional and quit posting your business on here.

Chic...serious question.

Do you want the PDI to succeed and flourish?

And, do you think the success of a rival organization will bring more opportunities to the entire group of pro bodybuilders.

Because you are an IFBB rep, I can see the success of the PDI will diminish your "status in the overall picture of pro bodybuilding. Your "services" will not be needed by all of the pro bodybuilders who go to the PDI. Less power for you. More power for athletes.

And you missed my point about "tradition." The NFL Super Bowl was traditionally held in the second week of January--until they exapnded the regular season two weeks.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2006, 10:10:03 AM »
CHICK CRUSHED ONLYME!
ONLYME your all ALONE NOW! :'(
Buffet time!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2006, 10:18:59 AM »
How'd that whole your mother getting busted for transporting your drugs thing work out for you?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2006, 10:22:17 AM »
Nicely, she is watching the baby today getting ready to throw the smack down on some greens, ham, mashed potatoes, turkey and all the fixin's for Easter.
It doesn't get any better than that.
Thanks for asking. ;D
Peace,
S. Ray

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2006, 10:24:33 AM »
I'll stick my business in anything you post oin this public forum, meathead. Thank you very much.

If you don't want me in your business, be a professional and quit posting your business on here. Fair enough, Mr. Wonderful?

Chic...serious question.

Do you want the PDI to succeed and flourish?

And, do you think the success of a rival organization will bring more opportunities to the entire group of pro bodybuilders.

Because you are an IFBB rep, I can see the success of the PDI will diminish your "status in the overall picture of pro bodybuilding. Your "services" will not be needed by all of the pro bodybuilders who go to the PDI. Less power for you. More power for athletes.

And you missed my point about "tradition." The NFL Super Bowl was traditionally held in the second week of January--until they exapnded the regular season two weeks.

I think competition is good for all parties concerned...I wish no bad on the PDI.

Their success or demise wont have any impact on my role either way.

Apparantly, you missed your own point on tradition and facts. The Pittsburgh has been held on the same date for 25+ years...thats a FACT. Wayne knew that. which was the point at hand.