Author Topic: Roy Moore  (Read 46061 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Roy Moore
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2017, 05:45:38 AM »
If you're position is that he never signed anything followed by D. A. then I agree with your assessment. If tomorrow there is evidence is often signed things D.A I'm sure you will agree with mine

Let the record show, that Derek Anthony could be involved. ;D
Now it's bodybuilding schmoe related.

https://muscleinsider.com/news/derek-anthony-dies

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2017, 09:52:10 AM »
How many of the Senate Republicans demanding that Moore drop out have called for the removal of Menendez and Franken?  

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2017, 11:06:58 AM »
How many of the Senate Republicans demanding that Moore drop out have called for the removal of Menendez and Franken?  

No question it's tribal.
If the  offender is on your team, you circle the wagons.
If the offender is on the other team, you demand hanging at high noon.

Judge Moore's wife had a rally today with women who still support Roy Moore.

* In an unreported story, these same women refused to let Judge Moore
baby sit their grand-daughters while they attended the rally.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2017, 06:08:50 PM »
If you're position is that he never signed anything followed by D. A. then I agree with your assessment. If tomorrow there is evidence is often signed things D.A I'm sure you will agree with mine
Hopefully they will turn over the yearbook to examine it, to see if it is real. We have the tech now to easily tell if something is new or old.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2017, 06:14:45 PM »
The irony is like a sledge hammer

Staggering, ain't it?

Without checking, safe to assume he's disgusted by the Weinsteins, Spaceys, and Frankens, but gives the pedophile a pass for his (R)?  

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2017, 11:32:51 PM »
Hopefully they will turn over the yearbook to examine it, to see if it is real. We have the tech now to easily tell if something is new or old.

they will find a way around it to make belief as if he did it,, its deep state,, it is something organized here.. they work on big projects and ths is one of them,, hopefuly people are not dumb and by now understand whts going on here,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2017, 03:03:38 PM »
Child Sex Abuse Victim Calls Out Doug Jones for ‘Hypocrisy’ — Jones Had Said Victim’s Claims Were ‘Without Merit,’ ‘Cynical Attempt to Extort Money’
by JEFF POOR21 Nov 2017

According to a report from AL.com’s Amy Yurkanin, a woman who sued the University of Alabama-Birmingham in 2001 over sexual abuse she claimed to have suffered as a 15-year-old ripped Democratic U.S. Senate hopeful Doug Jones for “hypocrisy” for his role as a defense attorney for the university.
Brittany Benefield, the plaintiff in what at the time was a high-profile suit, had been a student at UAB. She was recruited by the university as a child prodigy, which Bruce Feldman laid out in an article in the May 2002 issue of ESPN The Magazine.

The most important recruit in UAB history was a freckle-faced, carrot-topped 14-year-old named Brittany, who finished high school in under a year. UAB pursued the 5’1″, 120-pound bookworm like it would a quarterback who could rope the deep out. Brittany, who looks like a cross between Little Orphan Annie and Molly Ringwald, grew up an hour down Route 280 in tiny Childersburg (pop. 4900).

Feldman’s article detailed how things went wrong for Benefield as a young student at the UAB.  The university moved her at age 15 into a co-ed dorm that housed football players, and according to the story, she was described to have become a “play thing” by some of those players.

According to Yurkanin’s piece for AL.com, her grades dropped. That led Benefield’s parents to withdraw her from UAB and file suit against the school.

advertisement

“Benefield’s GPA slipped from 3.5 her first semester to 1.9 in her third, when her parents withdrew her from school and placed her in a rehabilitation facility,” Yurkanin wrote. “Benefield’s lawsuit said she was 15 when she began drinking and having sex with older UAB students – younger than the legal age of consent in Alabama.”

At the time, Jones was retained by the university and made a public statement that accused Benefield of “a cynical attempt to extort money.”

“The charges against UAB administrators and coaches are entirely without merit and represent nothing more than a cynical attempt to extort money by slandering this institution and its employees,” Jones said according to the AL.com report.

Sixteen years later, Benefield spoke out to AL.com.

“I find it to be the height of hypocrisy that he sets his campaign to be on the moral high ground against Roy Moore,” Benefield said.

The case was settled, and according to Yurkanin, Benefield said she is unable to discuss the details of court proceedings given the settlement. However, she criticized Jones for his behavior during the mediation process.

“He was not a victim’s advocate,” Benefield said to AL.com. “He was all for blaming the victim, honestly.”

She goes on to call Jones “uncaring” and “calculated.”

“I just think Doug Jones is full of … something,” she added. “He was cold, uncaring, unfeeling and calculated throughout the case.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/21/child-sex-abuse-victim-calls-doug-jones-hypocrisy-jones-said-victims-claims-without-merit-cynical-attempt-extort-money/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2017, 03:23:49 PM »
Trump plays down Roy Moore allegations, blasts 'liberal' rival in Alabama race
By Samuel Chamberlain   | Fox News

President Trump minimized allegations of sexual misconduct against Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore Tuesday, telling voters not to support Moore's Democratic opponent.

"I can tell you one thing for sure," Trump told reporters as he left the White House for a Thanksgiving break at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla. "We don't need a liberal person in there, a Democrat [Doug] Jones ... We do not need somebody that's going to be bad on crime, bad on borders, bad with the military, bad for the Second Amendment."

When pressed on the allegations against Moore, some of which date back 40 years, Trump said, "Look, he denies it ... He says it didn't happen, and you know, you have to listen to him also."

"Forty years is a long time," Trump added, questioning why it took so long for Moore's accusers to come forward.

The president did not rule out campaigning for Moore ahead of the Dec. 12 special election, telling the reporters, "I'll be letting you know next week." Trump backed Moore's defeated opponent, Sen. Luther Strange, in September's primary runoff election.

LIBERAL VIEWS OF ROY MOORE'S DEMOCRATIC RIVAL COULD POSE PITFALL AMID SCANDAL

Six women have accused Moore of pursuing romantic relationships with them when they were teenagers and he was an assistant district attorney in his 30s. Two have accused him of assault or molestation. Moore has denied the allegations.

Republican leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., have both called on Moore to leave the race in light of the accusations. The Republican National Committee and the National Republican Senatorial Committee have pulled their support for Moore's campaign.

The allegations against Moore come amid a national reckoning over misdeeds by powerful men in media, business and politics. Trump said he is "very happy" that women are speaking out about their experiences.

"I think it's a very special time because a lot of things are coming out and I think that's good for our society and I think it's very, very good for women," Trump said.

More than a dozen women came forward in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election to say that Trump had sexually assaulted or harassed them over the years. He denied it. He was also caught on tape in 2005 boasting that he could grab women's private parts.

"When you're a star, they let you do it," Trump said on the "Access Hollywood" tape.

Trump declined to answer Tuesday when asked why he does not believe Moore's accusers.

Trump spoke moments after three of Moore's campaign surrogates held a press conference responding to some of the accusations against the 70-year-old Moore.

Attorney Ben Dupree described the allegations against Moore as "lies" circulated by "The Washington Post, the Republican establishment and the Democrat Party," who he said were waging a "three-front war to destroy Judge Roy Moore’s impeccable reputation."

The Moore campaign attempted to rebut claims by accusers Leigh Corfman, who claimed Moore molested her when she was 14; and Beverly Nelson, who said Moore assaulted her when she was a 16-year-old waitress. They also questioned reports that claimed Moore had been banned from a mall in Gadsden, Ala. due to his behavior around young girls.

The campaign also issued a statement Monday night that quoted two former restaurant employees and a former customer who said they did not remember Nelson working there or Moore eating there.

"Allegations are words, they are not facts." Moore campaign spokesman Stan Cooke said. "Allegations are words, they are not indictments and they are not charges."

Jones began airing a new ad Monday that features statements made by Sessions, Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., and first daughter Ivanka Trump responding to allegations of sexual misconduct against Moore.

Sessions said he had no reason to doubt Moore's accusers. Shelby, a Republican, said he will "absolutely not" vote for Moore. Ivanka Trump said there's a special place in hell for people who prey on children.

The ad was the first direct assault by the Jones camp against Moore on the allegations.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/21/trump-plays-down-roy-moore-allegations-blasts-liberal-rival-in-alabama-race.html

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2017, 03:45:46 PM »
Trump plays down Roy Moore allegations, blasts 'liberal' rival in Alabama race
By Samuel Chamberlain   | Fox News

President Trump minimized allegations of sexual misconduct against Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore Tuesday, telling voters not to support Moore's Democratic opponent.

"I can tell you one thing for sure," Trump told reporters as he left the White House for a Thanksgiving break at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla. "We don't need a liberal person in there, a Democrat [Doug] Jones ... We do not need somebody that's going to be bad on crime, bad on borders, bad with the military, bad for the Second Amendment."

When pressed on the allegations against Moore, some of which date back 40 years, Trump said, "Look, he denies it ... He says it didn't happen, and you know, you have to listen to him also."

"Forty years is a long time," Trump added, questioning why it took so long for Moore's accusers to come forward.

The president did not rule out campaigning for Moore ahead of the Dec. 12 special election, telling the reporters, "I'll be letting you know next week." Trump backed Moore's defeated opponent, Sen. Luther Strange, in September's primary runoff election.

LIBERAL VIEWS OF ROY MOORE'S DEMOCRATIC RIVAL COULD POSE PITFALL AMID SCANDAL

Six women have accused Moore of pursuing romantic relationships with them when they were teenagers and he was an assistant district attorney in his 30s. Two have accused him of assault or molestation. Moore has denied the allegations.

Republican leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., have both called on Moore to leave the race in light of the accusations. The Republican National Committee and the National Republican Senatorial Committee have pulled their support for Moore's campaign.

The allegations against Moore come amid a national reckoning over misdeeds by powerful men in media, business and politics. Trump said he is "very happy" that women are speaking out about their experiences.

"I think it's a very special time because a lot of things are coming out and I think that's good for our society and I think it's very, very good for women," Trump said.

More than a dozen women came forward in the waning days of the 2016 presidential election to say that Trump had sexually assaulted or harassed them over the years. He denied it. He was also caught on tape in 2005 boasting that he could grab women's private parts.

"When you're a star, they let you do it," Trump said on the "Access Hollywood" tape.

Trump declined to answer Tuesday when asked why he does not believe Moore's accusers.

Trump spoke moments after three of Moore's campaign surrogates held a press conference responding to some of the accusations against the 70-year-old Moore.

Attorney Ben Dupree described the allegations against Moore as "lies" circulated by "The Washington Post, the Republican establishment and the Democrat Party," who he said were waging a "three-front war to destroy Judge Roy Moore’s impeccable reputation."

The Moore campaign attempted to rebut claims by accusers Leigh Corfman, who claimed Moore molested her when she was 14; and Beverly Nelson, who said Moore assaulted her when she was a 16-year-old waitress. They also questioned reports that claimed Moore had been banned from a mall in Gadsden, Ala. due to his behavior around young girls.

The campaign also issued a statement Monday night that quoted two former restaurant employees and a former customer who said they did not remember Nelson working there or Moore eating there.

"Allegations are words, they are not facts." Moore campaign spokesman Stan Cooke said. "Allegations are words, they are not indictments and they are not charges."

Jones began airing a new ad Monday that features statements made by Sessions, Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., and first daughter Ivanka Trump responding to allegations of sexual misconduct against Moore.

Sessions said he had no reason to doubt Moore's accusers. Shelby, a Republican, said he will "absolutely not" vote for Moore. Ivanka Trump said there's a special place in hell for people who prey on children.

The ad was the first direct assault by the Jones camp against Moore on the allegations.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/21/trump-plays-down-roy-moore-allegations-blasts-liberal-rival-in-alabama-race.html

Pretty much what I expected from him. "It's great that women feel they can safely come forward now... but unless the accusations are against democrats, I don't believe them, but it's great they are speaking out"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2017, 08:53:30 PM »
Pretty much what I expected from him. "It's great that women feel they can safely come forward now... but unless the accusations are against democrats, I don't believe them, but it's great they are speaking out"

Difficult position for him.  He was the victim of a smear campaign, so he must be sensitive to this kind of grossly unfair attack.  At the same time, he doesn't want to look anti-woman.  He ought to just keep quiet, but he's not capable of doing that. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2017, 08:58:32 PM »
Difficult position for him.  He was the victim of a smear campaign, so he must be sensitive to this kind of grossly unfair attack.  At the same time, he doesn't want to look anti-woman.  He ought to just keep quiet, but he's not capable of doing that. 

What is grossly unfair about it?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2017, 09:06:25 PM »
What is grossly unfair about it?

Same thing I said last time you asked me:

Because the Washington Post has a pattern of doing this kind of thing, including with the Access Hollywood tape, the reporter somehow just happened to overhear someone talking about this 38 year old allegation while in Alabama, the Post has endorsed Moore's opponent, and Moore has been a public figure for his entire career. 

Being Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court is as high profile as being Governor and probably just as powerful.  The fact this never came up, as polarizing as Moore has been, doesn't pass the smell test.

Then you have the country's biggest media prostitute holding a press conference; a pattern she has followed for years to try and kill conservative political candidates. 

I have no idea whether those women are telling the truth, but the problem it is impossible to prove or disprove these allegations.

Part of the reason I typically approach he said, she said allegations with caution is the McMartin Preschool case from years ago.  Interesting read if you have the time and desire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2017, 09:22:57 PM »
Same thing I said last time you asked me:

Then you have the country's biggest media prostitute holding a press conference; a pattern she has followed for years to try and kill conservative political candidates. 

I have no idea whether those women are telling the truth, but the problem it is impossible to prove or disprove these allegations.

Part of the reason I typically approach he said, she said allegations with caution is the McMartin Preschool case from years ago.  Interesting read if you have the time and desire. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMartin_preschool_trial

I'm familiar with it.

1. Either the yearbook writing is his hand writing or it is a forgery. It has been offered up as evidence is an ethics hearing, which should take place, takes place.
2. One woman testified she was in his living room, specifics of the layout would lend credibility to his story.]
3. Similarities and patterns by the alleged perv would also add credibility. That he couldn't recall if he dated a 17 year old when he was 30 plus years old doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his testimony.
4. He isn't being tried to be sent to prison, it is to determine if his alleged behavior of preying on teen aged girls makes him unfit to sit as a senator. Sounds reasonable to explore the information.
5. There are other determining factors like did the victims share this information with anyone at the time of the occurrence? If so, that's another brick.

So basically it's him saying "No I didn't and several girls, some who state they have not voted democrat who say he did, and provide details...

Yeah, he wouldn't be babysitting my 13 year old anytime soon. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2017, 09:36:04 PM »
I'm familiar with it.

1. Either the yearbook writing is his hand writing or it is a forgery. It has been offered up as evidence is an ethics hearing, which should take place, takes place.
2. One woman testified she was in his living room, specifics of the layout would lend credibility to his story.]
3. Similarities and patterns by the alleged perv would also add credibility. That he couldn't recall if he dated a 17 year old when he was 30 plus years old doesn't give me a lot of confidence in his testimony.
4. He isn't being tried to be sent to prison, it is to determine if his alleged behavior of preying on teen aged girls makes him unfit to sit as a senator. Sounds reasonable to explore the information.
5. There are other determining factors like did the victims share this information with anyone at the time of the occurrence? If so, that's another brick.

So basically it's him saying "No I didn't and several girls, some who state they have not voted democrat who say he did, and provide details...

Yeah, he wouldn't be babysitting my 13 year old anytime soon. 

1.  It should be given to Moore and his lawyer just like they requested.  It shouldn't be given to a Senate Ethics Committee when he's not even a U.S. Senator.  That's absurd.  And why wait?  That's BS.

2.  It was almost 40 years ago.  Who the heck cares whether some woman can describe his living room??  None of what they say proves anything.  And he cannot disprove it.  That's the problem.

3.  His interview with Hannity was horrible.  Sounded pretty bad.  But after listening to it I reflected on accused Olympic Park bomber Richard Jewell, and how I said after hearing him speak to the press that he was guilty as sin.

4.  He has been tried and convicted in the media as a pedophile.  That could very well lead to him losing the race.  That was the whole point of this smear campaign.  Most of the people who don't have a problem with the context of this whole thing are partisans, or simply don't like the guy's politics.  I don't like his First Amendment views either and wouldn't vote for him if I lived in Alabama.  But I do believe in fundamental fairness.  You have to plug your eyes and ears to ignore how this whole thing started and how it violates fundamental fairness. 

5.  There are no determining factors.  It's friggin four decades ago.  They can't even sue the guy for what they claim he did.  You know why?  Because society has said that after a certain period of time it's too late.  That it would be unfair to someone to have a claim filed against him/her 20 or 30 or 40 years later.

The girl was 14.  The allegations are bad enough without embellishing. 

Overall, there is nothing but his word against theirs (and the context, which matters).  There is no smoking gun.  It's not like they have video of him groping a young woman or anything. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2017, 11:32:24 AM »
One of the girls was 14 at the time of the alleged event. However I was talking about Debbie Wesson Gibson who said she was 17 when he took her out on several dates. His answer on that was pretty murky.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 22, 2017, 11:33:27 AM »
Did you believe Bill Cosby was innocent? If he were running for Senate in your state.. would you vote for him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: November 22, 2017, 01:13:15 PM »
One of the girls was 14 at the time of the alleged event. However I was talking about Debbie Wesson Gibson who said she was 17 when he took her out on several dates. His answer on that was pretty murky.

Yes it was.  But he shouldn’t have to answer those questions almost 40 years later.  Not everyone has the scarily good long term memory like mine.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: November 22, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »
Did you believe Bill Cosby was innocent? If he were running for Senate in your state.. would you vote for him?

Innocent of what?  There are numerous allegations by a ton of women.  Which ones are you talking about?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: November 22, 2017, 01:42:36 PM »
Exclusive — Another Alabama Poll: Judge Roy Moore Leads Democrat Doug Jones by Six Points Again

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/22/exclusive-another-alabama-poll-roy-moore-leads-democrat-jones-six-points/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #119 on: November 22, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
Yes it was.  But he shouldn’t have to answer those questions almost 40 years later.  Not everyone has the scarily good long term memory like mine.   :)

sure he should

no reason that whether it's been 4 years or 40 years

I'm sure if it was your daughter he tried to diddle that 40 years wouldn't make any difference in that sitaution

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2017, 10:08:08 PM »
But he shouldn’t have to answer those questions almost 40 years later.  Not everyone has the scarily good long term memory like mine.  

You would be shocked and astounded at how long grudges can be held...

Especially if you didn't like the person/institution to begin with.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2017, 03:55:57 PM »

You would be shocked and astounded at how long grudges can be held...

Especially if you didn't like the person/institution to begin with.

Was just talking about that with someone today.  Yes they can last for a very long time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2017, 03:58:26 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »
Trump endorses Roy Moore in phone call: 'We need his vote'
Brooke Singman By Brooke Singman   | Fox News

Andy Puzder, America First Policies policy advisor and former CKE Restaurants CEO, on the NFL national anthem protests and the allegations against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.

President Trump on Monday endorsed Alabama Republican Senate nominee Roy Moore, telling voters "we need" him to tackle illegal immigration, tax reform and more -- after weeks of holding back his full support for the embattled candidate.

. . . .

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/04/trump-endorses-roy-moore-in-phone-call-need-his-vote.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2017, 08:34:06 AM »
Bombshell: Roy Moore Accuser Beverly Nelson Admits She Forged Yearbook
Breitbart ^ | December 8, 2017 | John Nolte
Posted on 12/8/2017, 11:16:28 AM by Trump20162020

Beverly Young Nelson has finally admitted that she forged a portion of the infamous high school yearbook that she and attorney Gloria Allred used as proof of her accusations against U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore.

And in yet another blow to the credibility of ABC News, the disgraced, left-wing network downplayed the bombshell by presenting this admission of forgery as adding “notes” to the inscription.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...