Author Topic: Rich Piana - what was the appeal of Rich Pianna?  (Read 17152 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: what was the appeal of Rich Pianna?
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 04:45:56 PM »
Rich had the life and ability to be a cartoon character. It's unfortunate that it was the expense of his life.

There's a way to brand yourself without dying. Admittedly, I watched a lot of his stuff, some good some bad but he got attention.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 04:46:41 PM »
I'm ok with it

Did I think otherwise, Mr positive?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 04:49:08 PM »
Did I think otherwise, Mr positive?

not lookin like it, lol

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 04:51:25 PM »
There's a way to brand yourself without dying. Admittedly, I watched a lot of his stuff, some good some bad but he got attention.

Yeah. He was a great bodybuilder nonetheless in the day . He chose a dangerous path, maybe danced with the devil if you may, but heart disease is still the no 1 killer and he may have had a genetic predisposition blah blah and his outrageous lifestyle did him in early

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 04:53:16 PM »
Titus had more personality. Rich was like a used car salesman in bodybuilder form. Trying to sell you a lemon (the lifestyle), and general bodybuilding public bought it.

Umm sure lol

Same reason why the 22 year old instagram chick with big tits and a great ass who rarely workout nor has any clue how to workout has 500k to over 1mil followers is making huge jack by copying and pasting a weight loss diet from Jenny Craig and selling to unsuspecting 17 year old's.

Post the big tits & great ass please

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 05:13:10 PM »
Umm sure lol

Post the big tits & great ass please

Can't post pics on this site from a phone anymore >:(

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »
Can't post pics on this site from a phone anymore >:(

Go to postimages.org, upload the pic, paste the URL they give you

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2017, 06:16:52 PM »
Because a bunch of misfits and outcasts got bad tribal tats , filled their arms with oil, and joined a snake-oil salesmanwho told them sell my fart powder and live life on your terms.... Then he OD'ed . The End.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2017, 07:06:04 PM »
He had no appeal whatsoever to me..............just another loser douchebag in my book.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 07:07:24 PM »
His appeal was simple.

To the phaggotz crew, he looked the part.

To the rest - he had a capacity to be an interesting, quite grounded person.

Many people will not give him credit for being an interesting person and a capable man on camera because he looked rather ridiculous - but those people are simply individuals who will not give credit where credit is due (or perhaps they never took the time to give him any attention). 

I wasn't about to spend hours watching his shit, but if I did see something of his, he didn't disappoint - it was okay.

The sad fact about Rich Piana, is that he was so capable on camera - he didn't need to be that retardedly huge.  In a world where a nostrel flaring liar can gain some bodybuilding vide internet fame, there was plenty of room for Rich Piana, without all that bullshit in him.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 09:14:23 PM »

The morgue said they LOST his Toxicology report, the autopsy without a toxicology scan is NOTHING- I suspected he died from Fentanyl-laced blow or Oxy's http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/delta-police-nine-overdose-warning-1.3744776

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 09:24:47 PM »
i never met him in real life, but alot of my good friends did. They all said he was a down to earth guy and would bullshit with them about anything.... i think he realized to be very thankful to his audience and it paid off. Most of my friends that met him are skinny twinks. They admired how he treated them with respect because they were fans.(basically put the spotlight on them like they were special) He knew this so thats why you will never hear a bad word about him towards his fans.
real men= no rubbers

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 10:25:32 PM »
i never met him in real life, but alot of my good friends did. They all said he was a down to earth guy and would bullshit with them about anything.... i think he realized to be very thankful to his audience and it paid off. Most of my friends that met him are skinny twinks. They admired how he treated them with respect because they were fans.(basically put the spotlight on them like they were special) He knew this so thats why you will never hear a bad word about him towards his fans.
He knew better than to talk bad about his base. You don't talk bad about the people you are selling your fart powder to.

Yet, here is the question, why would skinny twinks be fans of a PMMA filled guy who couldn't get his Pro card, yet bragged about beating Quincy Taylor (when Quincy was off), and married fake looking gold digging women who took advantage of him?

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »
He knew better than to talk bad about his base. You don't talk bad about the people you are selling your fart powder to.

Yet, here is the question, why would skinny twinks be fans of a PMMA filled guy who couldn't get his Pro card, yet bragged about beating Quincy Taylor (when Quincy was off), and married fake looking gold digging women who took advantage of him?

those skinny twinks werent that focused into knowing his whole life details... they were more concerned and focused on his youtube videos and his looks... most of my friends had no idea he did pmma(or what that is)... nor did they know about his past marriages.  his average fan is a typical gym rat that didn't do research about his life.. they just wanted to look like him.
real men= no rubbers

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2017, 12:05:02 AM »
his "appeal" was riding on my success.. into passing on.. with out making a dime..

there is indeed a way to brand yourself and to be very sucesful.. see gh15 the lion of Judah,,

and indeed he used to be bodybuild but then set on gtbig and read me for few years and decided to steal it and take it to youtube with out giving credit and not only that but also twisting it and not really doing as preaching.. aka selling supplement rubbish and doing narcotics..

there is indeed a way to brand yourself and do it very successfully.. oh there is,,

don't do drugs kidos,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah
bible index
timeless
fallen angel

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2017, 12:11:59 AM »
those skinny twinks werent that focused into knowing his whole life details... they were more concerned and focused on his youtube videos and his looks... most of my friends had no idea he did pmma(or what that is)... nor did they know about his past marriages.  his average fan is a typical gym rat that didn't do research about his life.. they just wanted to look like him.
Well, the average gym rat would know that his muscles looked fake. And when you looked older competitive pics, his arms (biceps) looked gross. It wasn't necessarily his life back story, it was what he presented---fakeness, that he passed off as reality. People accept it now, they want the fantasy, instead of the reality. And that says something about the presenter and the audience. That people accept the lie, as long as that it makes them feel good, and that they can share in it. So the audience wants to look like a guy who took the short cut route? This confirms what CT Fletcher said, people want to cut corners and take the short cut. And what Ronnie Coleman famously said about everybody wanting to look like a bodybuilder, but wanting to put in the time and work.
The only accomplished bodybuilder in Piana's crew or that was sponsored by him, that I knew of, was Ben White. It seems like everybody who was a competitive bodybuilder either distance themselves from Piana, or Piana knew he couldn't hang with the real McCoy.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2017, 01:50:31 AM »
It seems that this guy had a massive following. I am not sure why?

He seemed like a daft juicehead, and didn't even compete.

What exactly did the 5% mean?

Among other things, Rich was larger than life - while Phil Heath at 5'9 and 255 is huge, he did not look the way that Rich did at 6'2 and almost 300-lb, as he was at the 2012 Mr. Olympia expo, when I first met and interviewed him, and around the same time that he started getting popular.  Combine that with the money, the cars, and the lifestyle, and I can see the appeal.  Rich was his own man and lived his life on his own terms.  I think people - especially young men - seek to eventually reproduce that.  So there was that.  Sadly, as mentioned above, it did ultimately cost Rich his life.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2017, 01:55:22 AM »
his "appeal" was riding on my success.. into passing on.. with out making a dime..

there is indeed a way to brand yourself and to be very sucesful.. see gh15 the lion of Judah,,

and indeed he used to be bodybuild but then set on gtbig and read me for few years and decided to steal it and take it to youtube with out giving credit and not only that but also twisting it and not really doing as preaching.. aka selling supplement rubbish and doing narcotics..

there is indeed a way to brand yourself and do it very successfully.. oh there is,,

don't do drugs kidos,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah
bible index
timeless

Said this on 1st bitch stole for your bible

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2017, 01:58:44 AM »
Said this on 1st bitch stole for your bible

something that's posted freely available online cant be stolen.
Its not like inane indecipherable ramblings can be copyright.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2017, 03:03:26 AM »
he gave my teachings a very bad name.. i actually am happy he didnt give me credit because he took it in a dark path,, it was a matter of time.. he had how many years trying to be me? 3 or 4..  not bad,, its very hard to be gh15.. and be gh15 13 years is straight out unbeliavble.. its really insane how long I lasted and to what heights I climbed,,

gh15 approved
fallen angel

Simple Simon

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2017, 03:05:46 AM »
he gave my teachings a very bad name.. i actually am happy he didnt give me credit because he took it in a dark path,, it was a matter of time.. he had how many years trying to be me? 3 or 4..  not bad,, its very hard to be gh15.. and be gh15 13 years is straight out unbeliavble.. its really insane how long I lasted and to what heights I climbed,,

gh15 approved

no one knows who you are you moron....

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2017, 03:11:10 AM »
jack does..

I am a millioner and insanely successful

I became god  in 13 years from an ifbb pro,, straight out god,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah
fallen angel

Simple Simon

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2017, 03:18:09 AM »
jack does..

I am a millioner and insanely successful

I became god  in 13 years from an ifbb pro,, straight out god,,

gh15 approved
lion of Judah

Most millionaires can spell it, are you Floyd Mayweather?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2017, 03:20:33 AM »
Most millionaires can spell it, are you Floyd Mayweather?

Would be great if this was 15

Simple Simon

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2017, 03:23:23 AM »
Would be great if this was 15

TOMMY IS WAY SHARPER THAN gh15, EVEN WITH THE SEVERE BRAIN DAMAGE HE RECIEVED.