Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 12, 2017, 09:57:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Planks 4:31 seconds personal best on planks  (Read 260 times)
Agnostic007
Getbig V

« on: November 25, 2017, 11:34:18 PM »

55 years old, started a different regime other than the traditional Back Biceps, Chest Triceps, Legs shoulders routine. Ny current workout is the Planet fitness circuit room and a particular body part one day, then stretching and abs with HIIT cardio the next day. I'd like to build up to 7 min ab plank but wonder if its worth it 
Report to moderator   Logged
chaos
Getbig V

Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »

Is it worth it? That's for you to decide. If you've set some kind of goal and you reach it, that makes it worth it. IMO

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!
Yev33
Getbig III

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 06:22:36 PM »

Like Chaos said it really depends on your goal. If your goal is to hold a plank for maximum time then it's worth it. If your goal is to use the plank as a measure of abdominal strength then it's a bit more complex. Obviously you need some abdominal strength to hold a plank for a period of time. But after a certain point it becomes less of a test of abdominal strength and more of a how long can you hold a plank. Does that happen at 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes, I don't know. I have never done planks before but the one time I tried it I held for 2 minutes fairly easy.
Agnostic007
Getbig V

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »

Not worth it.... lower back is killing me today. Only thing new is the long plank time so I'll do something else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!