Author Topic: Liberal Sexual Assault Mega Thread - too many going on now - BB can you merge?  (Read 79694 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
'American Idol' hopeful calls kiss with Katy Perry 'uncomfortable'

After "American Idol" hopeful Benjamin Glaze told judge Katy Perry that he had never been kissed in the show's premiere episode, she surprised him by planting one on his lips before his audition.

In a new interview with The New York Times, Glaze acknowledged that while some men would have been thrilled to share that moment with the pop star, he isn't one of them.

Explaining that the kiss made him "a tad bit uncomfortable," the 20-year-old cashier from Enid, Oklahoma, added that he'd "wanted to save it for my first relationship."

“Would I have done it if she said, ‘Would you kiss me?’ No, I would have said no,” he said. “I was raised in a conservative family and I was uncomfortable immediately. I wanted my first kiss to be special.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/american-idol-hopeful-calls-kiss-katy-perry-uncomfortable-192603365--abc-news-tv.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
What a Beta fag

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
What a Beta fag

Maybe so, but imagine if he were a teenage girl and the judge was a 33 year old male.  So much for so called gender equality.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Maybe so, but imagine if he were a teenage girl and the judge was a 33 year old male.  So much for so called gender equality.

Good point.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Capitol Police Arrested Male Dem Operative For Assaulting Female Trump Admin Official
Photo of Michael Bastasch
MICHAEL BASTASCH
1:36 PM 03/16/2018
U.S. Capitol Police have arrested a male Democratic operative for assaulting a female Interior Department communications official following a House budget hearing Thursday.

The assault happened after Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke finished testifying on the department’s 2019 budget proposal before the House Committee on Natural Resources. The suspect identified himself as a reporter with American Bridge and pushed a female Interior Department communications official to the floor, chasing after Zinke, The Daily Caller News Foundation learned.

Interior communications director Laura Rigas was “greatly alarmed and extremely irate that a female senior member of my DOI Communications team was physically assaulted today by a Democrat staffer from the PAC American Bridge,” she told Politico.

Interior officials filed a police report, The Daily Caller News Foundation has learned, but it has not yet been processed, police said. It will be made public in seven to 10 days once processed. American Bridge did not respond to TheDCNF’s request for comment.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“We are appalled to hear of the events following yesterday’s hearing where a member of Secretary Zinke’s staff was victim to an assault,” committee spokeswoman Katie Schoettler told TheDCNF.

“These actions are reprehensible and have no place in this body. We thank the U.S. Capitol Police for their quick response and professionalism,” Schoettler said. “The USCP is now handling the matter.”

Police took the American Bridge operative into custody on Thursday. Police “arrested an adult male for simple assault against another individual outside room 1324 in the Longworth House Office Building,” an officer told Politico on Thursday.

“The suspect was transported to USCP Headquarters for processing,” the Capitol Police officer told Politico.

American Bridge is a political action committee dedicated to “holding Republicans accountable for their words and actions,” according to their website. American Bridge is known for having operatives follow Republican candidates on the campaign trail.

Democratic operative David Brock founded American Bridge in 2010 and raised tens of millions of dollars to support liberal candidates. The group has been described as an “opposition research hub of the Democratic fundraising apparatus.”

Liberal billionaire George Soros donated $2 million to American Bridge in 2016, and the Tom Steyer-founded NextGen Climate Action regularly donates money to the group, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

The group told Politico they were not aware of the incident, but would be looking into it.

Follow Michael on Facebook and Twitter

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
 :D
a

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Didn't even think of that until I read your post.. yeah.. creepy and especially if the teen age girl just got through saying she was saving her 1st kiss for a special someone...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Democratic Rep. Esty says she won't seek re-election after abuse claims against ex-staffer
By Samuel Chamberlain   | Fox News

Rep. Elizabeth Esty, D-Conn., announced Monday that she would not seek re-election this November amid accusations that she failed to protect her female staffers from a former chief of staff accused of harassment and abuse.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/02/democratic-rep-esty-says-wont-seek-re-election-after-abuse-claims-against-ex-staffer.html

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Jimmy Kimmel asking 18 year old girls to grab his crotch and to put their mouth on it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Linda Vester had a reputation for covering tough stories. As a war correspondent for NBC News in the ’90s, she spent three tours of duty in the Middle East and took two assignments in Africa.

But as it turned out, her biggest battle at work wasn’t in the field. She says it was as a victim of sexual harassment by Tom Brokaw, the legendary newsman who manned the anchor desk for “NBC Nightly News” for 22 years and hosted “Today” and “Meet the Press.”

In a series of interviews with Variety conducted over several months, Vester alleged that Brokaw physically tried to force her to kiss him on two separate occasions, groped her in a NBC conference room and showed up at her hotel room uninvited. Two friends who Vester told at the time corroborated her story with Variety, and she shared her journal entries from the time period. Brokaw, who has been married to Meredith Auld since 1962, has never before been publicly accused of sexual harassment.

In a statement from him supplied by a NBC News spokesman, Brokaw said of the allegations, “I met with Linda Vester on two occasions, both at her request, 23 years ago because she wanted advice with respect to her career at NBC.  The meetings were brief, cordial and appropriate, and despite Linda’s allegations, I made no romantic overtures towards her at that time or any other.”

Vester, who was 28 at the time of the alleged incident, says she didn’t report Brokaw’s conduct to the police or NBC human resources because she was scared it would end her career. She left NBC in 1999 and went on to anchor her own show on Fox News through 2006.

She’s speaking out now, because she believes her story sheds light on the culture at NBC News, where she believes male bosses treated their female colleagues as objects. After “Today” co-host Matt Lauer was fired for inappropriate conduct involving an NBC employee last November, NBC launched an internal review of its practices but didn’t bring in an outside firm to investigate — a step Vester believes is necessary to fix NBC’s culture.

“What Linda is doing, like others before her have done, is to give her truthful account in the hope that other women will not have to endure what she did,” says Ari Wilkenfeld, her attorney, who also represented one of the victims of Lauer’s sexual harassment. “Linda is literally seeking nothing for herself. She comes forward at her own expense and at her own peril. By her being willing to go on the record, perhaps this will embolden other brave women to tell their stories.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/04/26/tom-brokaw-accused-of-sexual-harassment-by-former-nbc-anchor/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
A Third Woman Has Accused Tom Brokaw of Sexual Misconduct
Hannah Gold

Last Thursday, two former NBC News employees claimed in separate reports that they’d been sexually harassed by former NBC Nightly News anchor Tom Brokaw. In Variety, Linda Vester, a former NBC anchor herself, told Variety that Brokaw forcibly tried to kiss her twice, groped her, and showed up at her hotel room uninvited. A few hours later, the Washington Post published the account of an anonymous woman, a former NBC production assistant, who said Brokaw touched her without her consent. Both of the women alleged the unwanted advances occurred in the ’90s. Brokaw denied these allegations.

On Tuesday, a third woman accused Brokaw of unwanted advances. Freelance journalist Mary Reinholz claimed in a first-person essay for New York City weekly newspaper The Villager, that Brokaw kissed her without her consent 50 years ago; at the time, he was helping her with an investigative story. Reinholz writes in her account:

“For the record, Brokaw made a pass at me 50 years ago in my rented hillside house not long after he had obtained, on my request, the arrest record of a fraudulent advertiser for the now-defunct Los Angeles Free Press, granddaddy of the Southern California alternative press….We talked and then, abruptly, he was embracing me and giving me a French kiss. I pulled away, reminding him that he was married and a tryst was out of the question. He said, ‘Yes, it would be unfair to Meredith,’ meaning his wife.”

Reinholz goes on to writes of the incident that she “shrugged it off as progressive women of my generation were wont to do,” but that the situation made her “uncomfortable.” It was the #MeToo movement and the stories of the two women who already made accusations against Brokaw that incited her to come forward. Reinholz writes, “Why would the two women lie?”

Over the weekend, more than 60 women who are current and former NBC employees wrote a letter vouching for Brokaw. Maria Shriver, Rachel Maddow, and Andrea Mitchell all notably signed it. Page Six reported on Monday that several NBC staffers felt coerced into signing the letter. An NBC News staffer told Page Six, “We felt forced to sign the letter supporting Brokaw. We had no choice, particularly the lower level staffers.”

https://jezebel.com/a-third-woman-has-accused-tom-brokaw-of-sexual-miscondu-1825702917

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Report: Charlie Rose's alleged harassment included dozens of women, goes back decades
by Chris Isidore   @CNNMoney
May 3, 2018

Allegations of sexual harassment against Charlie Rose were far more numerous than previously reported, according to an in-depth investigation by the Washington Post.
Despite previous denials by CBS, at least some of the allegations had been reported to management at CBS News during his decades of work there, the Post reports, citing multiple people with firsthand knowledge of the conversations.

Rose was fired from CBS and PBS in November after the Washington Post identified eight women who claimed Rose engaged in "unwanted sexual advances."

The newspaper reported Thursday that it had found an additional 27 women - 14 CBS News employees and 13 who worked with him elsewhere, who say that Rose harassed them, including sexual touching, comments and unwanted advances.

Rose worked on several shows at the network, most recently as an anchor on "CBS This Morning" and as a correspondent on "60 Minutes."

CBS News management was notified of a complaint about Rose as far back as 1986 according to the Post's investigation. The most recent incident of alleged misconduct reported to CBS management came in early 2017, according to the Post's investigation.

Rose denied the allegations. He gave the Post a single sentence comment: "Your story is unfair and inaccurate." Charlie Rose did not respond to request for comment from CNN.

Related: What happens when you witness sexual harassment in the workplace

In November, when the allegations became public, Rose issued this statement:

"It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken."

Rumors about the Post's investigation have been roiling CBS News for months.

The newspaper interviewed 107 current and former CBS News employees as well as 24 others who worked with Rose at other television programs as part of a five-month investigation. A lawyer for three of the women named in the story told the paper they will be filing a lawsuit in the coming days.

CBS News did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment about the report.

CBS News President David Rhodes sent an email to staffers following the report. The text of the email was obtained by CNN. In it he said how the network responds to complaints about sexual harassment has been a "significant focus" for the network this year.

"Getting this right is critical. So is our responsibility to afford due process to all concerned," he wrote. "We will continue our accounting for what has happened here before, and we will be the best place to do what we do in the future."

The email from Rhodes on Thursday marks the first time that CBS Corporation has said it retained an outside law firm, Proskauer, to provide "independent advice" on how it handles complaints of sexual harassment.

Rhodes' email said "we have continued to investigate a number of issues consistent with our long-standing policies."

According to the Post, Rhodes issued a memo in March that said he was not aware of harassment by Charlie Rose at CBS. Rhodes said again in March at an event at George Washington University that he didn't know about the anchor's behavior, according to the Post.

"Just to be really clear, there was not knowledge," he said, according to the Post's story.

CBS News told the Post it had no human resources complaints about Rose. It told the paper it has changed its policies since the allegations against Rose became public.

"We offer employees discretion and fairness, and we take swift action when we learn of unacceptable behavior," said the network's statement. "That said, we cannot corroborate or confirm many of the situations described. We continue to look for ways to improve our workplace and this period of reflection and action has been important to all of us. We are not done with this process."

The Post reports that prior to 2016 if an employee reported an incident to a member of management and the employee asked that it not be reported to the Human Resources department, it was not.

The paper said it confirmed that happened in at least one incident when a woman told her manager about being forcibly kissed by Rose at a 2011 holiday party, but asked that the complaint not go to Human Resources.

The manager, Chris Licht, who now heads the "Late Show With Stephen Colbert," confirmed the exchange in an email to the Post and said he talked to Rose about the incident.

Licht's actions were "within the scope of CBS policy at the time" and that the "employee in question was satisfied with the result," CBS News spokesperson Christa Robinson told the paper, adding that CBS revised its policy in 2016 to require supervisors to "promptly report" harassment complaints to the human resources department or a compliance officer.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/03/media/charlie-rose-sexual-harassment-allegations/index.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Creepy perverted libs

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Four Women Accuse New York’s Attorney General of Physical Abuse
Eric Schneiderman has raised his profile as a voice against sexual misconduct. Now, after suing Harvey Weinstein, he faces a #MeToo reckoning of his own.
By Jane Mayer and Ronan Farrow

Eric Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general, has long been a liberal Democratic champion of women’s rights, and recently he has become an outspoken figure in the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment. As New York State’s highest-ranking law-enforcement officer, Schneiderman, who is sixty-three, has used his authority to take legal action against the disgraced film mogul Harvey Weinstein, and to demand greater compensation for the victims of Weinstein’s alleged sexual crimes. Last month, when the Times and this magazine were awarded a joint Pulitzer Prize for coverage of sexual harassment, Schneiderman issued a congratulatory tweet, praising “the brave women and men who spoke up about the sexual harassment they had endured at the hands of powerful men.” Without these women, he noted, “there would not be the critical national reckoning under way.”

Now Schneiderman is facing a reckoning of his own. As his prominence as a voice against sexual misconduct has risen, so, too, has the distress of four women with whom he has had romantic relationships or encounters. They accuse Schneiderman of having subjected them to nonconsensual physical violence. All have been reluctant to speak out, fearing reprisal. But two of the women, Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam, have talked to The New Yorker on the record, because they feel that doing so could protect other women. They allege that he repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent. Manning Barish and Selvaratnam categorize the abuse he inflicted on them as “assault.” They did not report their allegations to the police at the time, but both say that they eventually sought medical attention after having been slapped hard across the ear and face, and also choked. Selvaratnam says that Schneiderman warned her he could have her followed and her phones tapped, and both say that he threatened to kill them if they broke up with him. (Schneiderman’s spokesperson said that he “never made any of these threats.”)

A third former romantic partner of Schneiderman’s told Manning Barish and Selvaratnam that he also repeatedly subjected her to nonconsensual physical violence, but she told them that she is too frightened of him to come forward. (The New Yorker has independently vetted the accounts that they gave of her allegations.) A fourth woman, an attorney who has held prominent positions in the New York legal community, says that Schneiderman made an advance toward her; when she rebuffed him, he slapped her across the face with such force that it left a mark that lingered the next day. She recalls screaming in surprise and pain, and beginning to cry, and says that she felt frightened. She has asked to remain unidentified, but shared a photograph of the injury with The New Yorker.

In a statement, Schneiderman said, “In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in nonconsensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.”

. . .

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/four-women-accuse-new-yorks-attorney-general-of-physical-abuse

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ex: Schneiderman called me ‘brown slave,’ slapped me until I called him ‘Master’
By Kate Sheehy May 7, 2018 | 8:48pm
Modal Trigger
Ex: Schneiderman called me ‘brown slave,’ slapped me until I called him ‘Master’
Tanya Selvaratnam and Eric Schneiderman Getty Images
State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman called his Sri Lankan girlfriend his “brown slave” and wanted her to refer to him as “Master,” the woman says.

Harvard-educated activist writer Tanya Selvaratnam told the New Yorker magazine that her yearlong affair with Schneiderman “was a fairytale that became a nightmare” — and quickly escalated into violence in the bedroom, even as he begged for threesomes.

“Sometimes, he’d tell me to call him Master, and he’d slap me until I did,” Selvaratnam said.

SEE ALSO
 Ex-girlfriend says Schneiderman beat, choked her after night of drinking
“He started calling me his ‘brown slave’ and demanding that I repeat that I was ‘his property.’”
Selvaratnam said, “The slaps started after we’d gotten to know each other.

“It was at first as if he were testing me. Then it got stronger and harder. It wasn’t consensual. This wasn’t sexual playacting. This was abusive, demeaning, threatening behavior.”

She said that as the violence grew, so did his sexual demands.

“He was obsessed with having a threesome and said it was my job to find a woman,” Selvaratnam said. “He said he’d have nothing to look forward to if I didn’t and would hit me until I agreed.”

She said she had no intention of adding a second woman to their bed.

The abuse increased until Schneiderman was not only slapping her but spitting on her and choking her, she said.

“He was cutting off my ability to breathe,” she said.

Soon, “we could rarely have sex without him beating me.”

The attorney general was often fueled by booze, Selvaratnam said.

And he would push her to drink, too, she said.

“Drink your bourbon, Turnip,’’ she said he ordered her, using his nickname for her.

A friend finally helped her leave him, Selvaratnam said.

Schneiderman told the mag in a statement, “In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in nonconsensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.”

________________________ _____

Holy F - a racist too - go figure - typical liberal beta freak

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
By Kate Sheehy May 7, 2018 | 8:13pm | Updated
Modal Trigger
Eric Schneiderman and Michelle Manning Barish Getty Images
She says she started seeing the signs of his dark side almost immediately.

First, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman ordered his then-new girlfriend, feminist Michelle Manning Barish, to get her wrist tattoo removed — because he said it wasn’t fitting for the potential wife of a politician, she told the New Yorker magazine in an explosive report published Monday.

Then came the brutal beating, she said.

SEE ALSO
 Four women accuse Schneiderman of sexual harassment, abuse
Four women accuse Schneiderman of sexual harassment, abuse
About a month into their relationship, after a boozy night, the pair fell into bed, still fully clothed, in his Upper West Side apartment — and he called her a “whore,’’ Barish said.
Then “all of a sudden, he just slapped me, open-handed and with great force, across the face, landing the blow directly onto my ear,” she said.

“It was horrendous. It just came out of nowhere. My ear was ringing. I lost my balance and fell backward onto the bed. I sprang up, but at this point there was very little room between the bed and him.

“I got up to try to shove him back, or take a swing, and he pushed me back down. He then used his body weight to hold me down, and he began to choke me. The choking was very hard. It was really bad. I kicked. In every fiber, I felt I was being beaten by a man.

“I was crying and in shock,” she told the mag.

She said she shouted at him, “Are you crazy?”

The top lawman responded by accusing her of scratching him — and said at some point, “You know, hitting an officer of the law is a felony,” Barish said.

The political activist said she left his apartment, telling him they were through.

“I want to make it absolutely clear,” Barish told the New Yorker. “This was under no circumstances a sex game gone wrong. This did not happen while we were having sex.

“I was fully dressed and remained that way. It was completely unexpected and shocking. I did not consent to physical assault.”

But the relationship wasn’t over.

Barish went back to him, and the pair stayed together, off and on, for nearly the next two years.

She said their sex sessions often included him slapping her across the face without her consent.

Meanwhile, verbal abuse from him about her appearance was constant, she said.

She said he drank huge amounts of booze during their time together.

“I would come over for dinner. An already half-empty bottle of red wine would be on the counter. He had had a head start,’’ she said.

“‘Very stressful day,’ he would say.”

Schneiderman “would almost always drink two bottles of wine in a night, then bring a bottle of Scotch into the bedroom. He would get absolutely plastered five nights out of seven,’’ Barish said.

Once, “he literally fell on his face in my kitchen, straight down, like a tree falling.”

SEE ALSO
 Eric Schneiderman and Michelle Manning Barish call it quits
Eric Schneiderman and Michelle Manning Barish call it quits
She said they broke up and got back together two more times over the ensuing months, then finally split for good in 2015.
Barish posted on Facebook later Monday that she was stepping forward now “for my daughter and for all women.

“I could not remain silent and encourage other women to be brave for me,’’ she wrote. “I could not leave my sisters who had been harmed hanging-discredited-when I knew the truth. It is all true.”

Schneiderman said in a statement to the New Yorker, “In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in nonconsensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
NY AG Schneiderman Releases Statement- Says it Was Just ‘Role-Playing’ When he Slapped, Beat, Choked, Threatened 4 Women
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila May 7, 2018 73 Comments
ShareTweetEmail
Yashar Ali, a reporter for the Huffington Post warned his Twitter followers that a huge story about one of Trump’s “foes” was about to drop.
And he delivered.

Media exploded after it was revealed New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, who is working with Mueller on Paul Manafort’s case has been accused of physical abuse by four women.

Schneiderman even threatened to stalk, wiretap phones and KILL the women if they broke up with him!

Schneiderman immediately released a statement on Monday evening accusing the women of lying.

The New York Attorney General is denying the allegations.

“In the privacy of intimate relationships I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone. I have never engaged in non-consensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.,” Schneiderman said in a statement.

Via Fox News:

Schneiderman is a longtime Trump foe.

Mueller began working with the anti-Trump New York Attorney General in August to take down the president.

The women who came forward and accused Schneiderman of abuse offer up very detailed accounts. Many friends of the women have confirmed they confided in them after the abuse occurred.

One of the women who accused Schneiderman of abuse says he hit her so hard on the ear that she fell back on the bed. She heard a gurgling sound and had blood dripping out of her ear prompting her to go to an ear nose and throat specialist.

One of the women who was abused by Schneiderman says he got “absolutely plastered” almost every night.

The woman said of Schneiderman, “[He} would almost always drink two bottles of wine in a night, then bring a bottle of Scotch into the bedroom. He would get absolutely plastered five nights out of seven.”

The female victims specifically said they DID NOT consent to this physical violence.

One of the authors of the New Yorker article, Ronan Farrow said in a now deleted tweet: One of the women, a prominent attorney, wasn’t in a relationship with Schneiderman at all. She says he propositioned her, began calling her a “slut” and a “whore,” and, when she withdrew, struck her without warning.

The female attorney said Schneiderman slapped her so hard that it left a “bright red hand print”.

One of the women, a prominent attorney, wasn’t in a relationship with Schneiderman at all. She says he propositioned her, began calling her a “slut” and a “whore,” and, when she withdrew, struck her without warning. pic.twitter.com/XgpVZVFG5s

— Ronan Farrow (@RonanFarrow) May 7, 2018

ShareTweetEmail
Around The WebMgid

Bald Man Regrew His Hair By Doing Something Super Simple

The 3 Most Embarrassing Things Mattress Retailers Hide From You

Discover New Dental Implant Options Here

Guys Getting Ripped On This In Weeks! Shred Fat And Build Muscle!
Comments
As a privately owned web site, we reserve the right to edit or remove comments that contain spam, advertising, vulgarity, threats of violence, racism, anti-Semitism, or personal/abusive attacks on other users. The same applies to trolling, the use of multiple aliases, or just generally being a jerk. Enforcement of this policy is at the sole discretion of the site administrators and repeat offenders may be blocked or permanently banned without warning. Guest posting is disabled for security reasons.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/05/ny-ag-schneiderman-releases-statement-after-hes-accused-of-beating-choking-and-threatening-to-kill-women/

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
He resigned. This shit doesn’t surprise me. He always had the look of a slimy fucker.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Spitzer, Weiner, Schneiderman: a bunch of power-hungry perverts
By Bob McManus May 8, 2018 | 6:56pm | Updated

Modal Trigger

Spitzer, Weiner, Schneiderman: a bunch of power-hungry perverts
(L-R) Eliot Spitzer, Anthony Weiner and Eric Schneiderman. Getty Images; Paul Martinka

In the beginning there was Eliot, who was followed by Anthony, and now there is Eric — each in his day a superstar rising, and each now irrevocably framed in the rearview mirror of New York politics.

Blame hubris. Blame hormones. Blame the New York way — which attracts and rewards uncommonly arrogant, power-mongering overachievers who lack both boundaries and simple common sense.

Eliot Spitzer, as attorney general, stretched law and custom to terrorize Wall Street; he rode that overreach into Albany’s executive chamber — then hid bank transactions to pay a hooker, got caught and left public life in disgrace.

Anthony Weiner was a congressman, a job he meant only to pave the way to an inevitable arrival at Gracie Mansion. But he began exposing himself on the internet, sometimes to children, and today he’s in prison.

Eric Schneiderman, the now-former attorney general, transformed that office into a hyperactive, extra-official ideological enforcement agency, earning unbounded progressive applause along the way — even as he was beating women in private. Schneiderman denies the charges — leveled in The New Yorker — but they are credible, and he is now a private citizen for the first time since 2003.

The end came swiftly for the Upper West Side liberal luminary — he quit scarcely three hours after the magazine detailed the particulars — and who’s to doubt that this all came as a profound shock to him. Perhaps not the substance of the charges, of course — but certainly the accountability.

New York pols aren’t used to answering for their excesses. Yes, the occasional Preet Bharara lumbers along with halting attempts to enforce the criminal codes — with decidedly mixed results. (Still, thank goodness for the effort.)

But apart from the outrageous and egregious — stand up, Anthony Weiner! — high-ranking New York pols generally offend against the spirit of the law, not the letter.

Eliot Spitzer’s Sheriff of Wall Street schtick — he bludgeoned targets into submission, rarely gaining actual convictions — was a highly personal abuse of power. It was outside of all previous understanding of the limits if his office, it was solely intended to make him governor — and it worked.

Eric Schneiderman used Spitzer’s template as a starting point — suing corporate America for personal political gain and in the end all but declaring legal war on the Trump administration. He too was a serial abuser of power, as well as of women, but who is to doubt that he would have become governor as well? Save for #MeToo?

Such things happen in one-party, low-voter-turnout political environments. While violations of the penal code can attract attention — witness the stream of thieving state legislators entering prison over the past decade — there is no natural check on those who do violence to the spirit of democratic self-government. To the rule of law.

Worse than that, New York voters love it. Both Spitzer and Schneiderman were wildly popular incumbents. And Weiner was well on his way to becoming mayor in 2013 until he flashed his iPhone one more time and started calling himself Carlos Danger.

So no surprise, then, that sociopaths are drawn to high office in the Empire State. It’s fertile ground for those inclined to stretch the law to suit their personal interests, and who then are hailed as heroes for doing so.

Thank goodness they usually blow the whistle on themselves. For the system doesn’t much care.

Bob McManus is a contributing editor to the Manhattan Institute’s City Journal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
'Unbelievably Harrowing': Guilfoyle Says Schneiderman Allegedly Abused Another Woman (#5)
Fox News ^ | May 08, 2018 | n/a
Posted on 5/9/2018, 3:00:03 AM by Ken H

Full => 'Unbelievably Harrowing': Kimberly Guilfoyle Says NY Dem Schneiderman Allegedly Abused Another Woman

-snip-

She told Martha MacCallum she is working with another alleged victim of Schneiderman who is not named in the Farrow report.

Guilfoyle said that woman told her she went through a "horrific ordeal" and is "very afraid to come forward" against the man who, prior to Monday evening, was the top law enforcement officer in the Empire State.

(Excerpt) Read more at insider.foxnews.com ...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
That he threw in the towel so quickly tells you that it’s some really bad shit.