Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
December 12, 2017, 09:58:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leftist Hate Continues: Joy Ann Reid Apologizes for Bigoted Anti-Gay Rants  (Read 176 times)
polychronopolous
Getbig V

In Loving Memory of 240 aka Rob

« on: December 04, 2017, 06:20:03 AM »

MSNBC's Joy Reid apologizes for 'insensitive' LGBT blog posts

MSNBC host Joy Reid issued an apology on Sunday for a series of blog posts nearly a decade ago, mostly critical of former Gov. Charlie Crist of Florida, that have been criticized as homophobic and “anti-gay.”

“This note is my apology to all who are disappointed by the content of blogs I wrote a decade ago, for which my choice of words and tone have legitimately been criticized,” Reid said in a statement shared with NBC News, which, like MSNBC, is owned by NBCUniversal.

The blog posts were unearthed on Thursday by Twitter user @Jamie_Maz.

"From 2007 to 2009 @joyannreid authored a dozen homophobic posts not only attempting to out Charlie Crist as gay, she attacked & mocked him for being so," @Jamie_Maz wrote in the first of a series of tweets about Reid.

The Twitter user noted Reid repeatedly referred to Crist as "Miss Charlie" in her posts and speculated that his 2008 marriage to a woman was a fraud and part of a “veep marketing strategy.”

Jamie M
@Jamie_Maz
1/x From 2007 to 2009 @joyannreid authored a dozen homophobic posts not only attempting to out Charlie Crist as gay, she attacked & mocked him for being so.

She repeatedly referred to him as "Miss Charlie" and tagged posts about him under "gay politicians." (thread)
3:39 PM - Nov 30, 2017
 207 207 Replies   1,713 1,713 Retweets   2,507 2,507 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
During the time she wrote those blog posts, Reid was a morning talk radio host and blogger covering Florida politics.

"Among the frequent subjects of my posts was then-governor Charlie Crist, at the time a conservative Republican, whose positions on issues like gay marriage and adoption by same-sex couples in Florida shared headlines with widely rumored reports that he was hiding his sexual orientation," Reid wrote in her apology.

"At no time have I intentionally sought to demean or harm the LGBT community, which includes people whom I deeply love. My goal, in my ham-handed way, was to call out potential hypocrisy," Reid added.

Crist, who served as Florida’s governor from 2007 to 2011, supported a state constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage in 2008. He later apologized for supporting the amendment, telling Watermark Online, an online LGBT publication based in Orlando, "I’m sorry I did that. It was a mistake. I was wrong. Please forgive me."

Now, it is Reid who is seeking forgiveness for, as she put it, “insensitive, tone deaf and dumb” comments.

"In addition to friends and coworkers and viewers, I deeply apologize to Congressman Crist, who was the target of my thoughtlessness. My critique of anti-LGBT positions he once held but has since abandoned was legitimate in my view. My means of critiquing were not," she wrote.

"Re-reading those old blog posts, I am disappointed in myself. I apologize to those who also are disappointed in me. Life can be humbling. It often is. But I hope that you know where my heart is, and that I will always strive to use my words for good. I know better and I will do better," Reid wrote.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/msnbc-s-joy-reid-apologizes-insensitive-lgbt-blog-posts-n826091
Report to moderator   Logged
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 06:43:16 AM »

Libfags and twink pussies eat their own w their own pc religious zealotry. 

Thin Lizzy
Getbig V

Donald J. Trump: Owning Liberal minds since 2016.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:08:37 AM »

Libfags and twink pussies eat their own w their own pc religious zealotry. 

The difference is that on the right, people generally like each other. Conversely, on the left they all hate each other. Blacks hate whites. Women hate men. Gay men hate lesbians and vice versa. Hispanics hate blacks. Whites pretend to like blacks and Hispanics but in reality want nothing to do with them. The only thing they have in common is that they all hate Trump.
loco
Getbig V

loco like a fox

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 07:19:13 AM »

White leftists are closet racists, and black leftists are openly homophobes. 

"California Proposition 8 was created by opponents of same-sex marriage."

"The National Election Pool poll showed that support for Proposition 8 was strong amongst African American voters, interviewed in the exit poll with 70% in favor, more than any other racial group. Their support was considered crucial to the proposition's passing, since African Americans made up an unusually larger percentage of voters that year, due to the presence of Barack Obama on the ballot. Polls by both the Associated Press and CNN mirrored this data, reporting support among black voters to be at 70% and 75%, respectively."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_(2008)#Results
Thin Lizzy
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:15:24 AM »

White leftists are closet racists, and black leftists are openly homophobes. 

"California Proposition 8 was created by opponents of same-sex marriage."

"The National Election Pool poll showed that support for Proposition 8 was strong amongst African American voters, interviewed in the exit poll with 70% in favor, more than any other racial group. Their support was considered crucial to the proposition's passing, since African Americans made up an unusually larger percentage of voters that year, due to the presence of Barack Obama on the ballot. Polls by both the Associated Press and CNN mirrored this data, reporting support among black voters to be at 70% and 75%, respectively."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_8_(2008)#Results

There are no groups on the planet more homophobic than white liberal “Pets”: Blacks, Hispanics & Muslims.
loco
Getbig V

loco like a fox

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 08:19:02 AM »

There are no groups on the planet more homophobic than white liberal “Pets”: Blacks, Hispanics & Muslims.

Yup, gay marriage in Latin American countries isn't even open for discussion.
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 08:21:01 AM »

The easiest way to collapse and destroy a nation is by importing white liberals into it.  No worse group of degenerate losers and pedos and freaks. 
Thin Lizzy
Getbig V

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 08:30:41 AM »

This is why arguing with liberals and leftists is a waste of time. You have to have an unbelievable amount of cognitive dissonance to embrace that ideology.
Vince G, CSN MFT
Competitors II
Getbig V

getbig.COM!

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »

MSNBC's Joy Reid apologizes for 'insensitive' LGBT blog posts

MSNBC host Joy Reid issued an apology on Sunday for a series of blog posts nearly a decade ago, mostly critical of former Gov. Charlie Crist of Florida, that have been criticized as homophobic and “anti-gay.”

“This note is my apology to all who are disappointed by the content of blogs I wrote a decade ago, for which my choice of words and tone have legitimately been criticized,” Reid said in a statement shared with NBC News, which, like MSNBC, is owned by NBCUniversal.

The blog posts were unearthed on Thursday by Twitter user @Jamie_Maz.

"From 2007 to 2009 @joyannreid authored a dozen homophobic posts not only attempting to out Charlie Crist as gay, she attacked & mocked him for being so," @Jamie_Maz wrote in the first of a series of tweets about Reid.

The Twitter user noted Reid repeatedly referred to Crist as "Miss Charlie" in her posts and speculated that his 2008 marriage to a woman was a fraud and part of a “veep marketing strategy.”

Jamie M
@Jamie_Maz
1/x From 2007 to 2009 @joyannreid authored a dozen homophobic posts not only attempting to out Charlie Crist as gay, she attacked & mocked him for being so.

She repeatedly referred to him as "Miss Charlie" and tagged posts about him under "gay politicians." (thread)
3:39 PM - Nov 30, 2017
 207 207 Replies   1,713 1,713 Retweets   2,507 2,507 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
During the time she wrote those blog posts, Reid was a morning talk radio host and blogger covering Florida politics.

"Among the frequent subjects of my posts was then-governor Charlie Crist, at the time a conservative Republican, whose positions on issues like gay marriage and adoption by same-sex couples in Florida shared headlines with widely rumored reports that he was hiding his sexual orientation," Reid wrote in her apology.

"At no time have I intentionally sought to demean or harm the LGBT community, which includes people whom I deeply love. My goal, in my ham-handed way, was to call out potential hypocrisy," Reid added.

Crist, who served as Florida’s governor from 2007 to 2011, supported a state constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage in 2008. He later apologized for supporting the amendment, telling Watermark Online, an online LGBT publication based in Orlando, "I’m sorry I did that. It was a mistake. I was wrong. Please forgive me."

Now, it is Reid who is seeking forgiveness for, as she put it, “insensitive, tone deaf and dumb” comments.

"In addition to friends and coworkers and viewers, I deeply apologize to Congressman Crist, who was the target of my thoughtlessness. My critique of anti-LGBT positions he once held but has since abandoned was legitimate in my view. My means of critiquing were not," she wrote.

"Re-reading those old blog posts, I am disappointed in myself. I apologize to those who also are disappointed in me. Life can be humbling. It often is. But I hope that you know where my heart is, and that I will always strive to use my words for good. I know better and I will do better," Reid wrote.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/msnbc-s-joy-reid-apologizes-insensitive-lgbt-blog-posts-n826091

Going back and digging through 10 year old blog post....lol

A
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!