Author Topic: Most impressive bodybuilders you have seen in person....casually  (Read 33074 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Re: Most impressive bodybuilders you have seen in person....casually
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2017, 12:18:01 PM »
Welsh BB Neil Andrews is very impressive.

daron_e

• Getbig II
« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2017, 12:26:25 PM »
8)
Cant argue with that, its true.
Kwon, in regards to hair, I've heard Gary wore a toupee, but meeting him his hair looked great, and definitely real.
Gary was balding wayyyy beck in the day..always wears a rug...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »
Fairy

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2017, 09:00:51 PM »
Saw Lou in a World Gym grand opening back in the early 90's when on his 300+ lb. comeback...
Farkin' HUGE...

I just thought of your post when I stumbled upon this.
 when he is doing dumbell curls in the video just unreal

On a side note, that location of World Gym Joe Gold had to me is like the best looking gym ever, even more than the original golds

"

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2017, 06:37:49 AM »
His hair looked real to me, maybe he got a transplant, either way it's better than being bald ;D

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2017, 06:48:26 AM »
Welsh BB Neil Andrews is very impressive.

Really?

Doesnt look much in normal clothes...curse of being a miget I suppose.

Brit BBers: Zack, Trevor Crouch and Pete Brown were all huge in person when I have caught up with them over the years.

Cedric always impresses me with his 'relaxed' stances around expos - hanging muscle.

I stood next to both Bjornsen and Shaw @ a strongman show, never felt or looked like so much of a little boy....genuine giants of men....hands like bunches of bananas

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2017, 11:53:33 AM »
RONNIE, If you ever run into Peter .... ask him for the name of that young kid in Florida who had unlimited potential . I believe that he will remember.

Here's another topic that some GetBiggers  may be interested in .....

I guess you saw that Dwayne Johnson/ Mark Wahlberg movie called PAIN & GAIN which was based on a real Forida gym related story which actually occurred (burt possibly not as funny as the movie made it out to be) back about 19 years or so.

I had met the principal players and knew JOHN CARL MEESE pretty well back then .... a damn good guy as far as I was concerned but I don't know how accurately he was portrayed in that movie.

JOHN spent some time in prison and I have been told that he passed away while incarcerated.

Do you recall the actual details behind this story? It was interesting enough to make a pretty damn good movie but I've possibly ruined it for most GetBiggers within one paragraph.

But complaints are always welcome.

Stunt, I don't know specifically who the bber whom Peter was talking about off hand. If I heard the name, I probably would remember him.
I have trained with and or was friends with lots of former Mr. Florida winners going back to the early eighties into the nineties.
Just to mention a few off of the top of my head
Mike Parsons, Bill Commerford, Tony Little, John India, Chris Duffy, Mike Quinn, Chris Duffy, "Southern States", Vladimir Senatus.
Also trained with Larry Phol who became Lex Luger before he played Canadien League Football.
He was Chris Duffy's training partner at the time. Used to work in with them all the time.

Simple Simon

« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2017, 12:24:18 PM »
Really?

Doesnt look much in normal clothes...curse of being a miget I suppose.

Brit BBers: Zack, Trevor Crouch and Pete Brown were all huge in person when I have caught up with them over the years.

Cedric always impresses me with his 'relaxed' stances around expos - hanging muscle.

I stood next to both Bjornsen and Shaw @ a strongman show, never felt or looked like so much of a little boy....genuine giants of men....hands like bunches of bananas

Alvin Small, isnt really small....

6ft 5 as well...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #208 on: December 18, 2017, 12:27:17 PM »
Stunt, I don't know specifically who the bber whom Peter was talking about off hand. If I heard the name, I probably would remember him.
I have trained with and or was friends with lots of former Mr. Florida winners going back to the early eighties into the nineties.
Just to mention a few off of the top of my head
Mike Parsons, Bill Commerford, Tony Little, John India, Chris Duffy, Mike Quinn, Chris Duffy, "Southern States", Vladimir Senatus.
Also trained with Larry Phol who became Lex Luger before he played Canadien League Football.
He was Chris Duffy's training partner at the time. Used to work in with them all the time.

SOUTHERN STATES was like a future pro show and great guest posers,,

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2017, 05:55:31 AM »
SOUTHERN STATES was like a future pro show and great guest posers,,
Yup, went to it for many years. Knew loads of people that competed in it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #210 on: December 19, 2017, 06:05:06 AM »
Slob turdsong

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #211 on: December 19, 2017, 06:08:03 AM »
Yup, went to it for many years. Knew loads of people that competed in it.
COULD U IMAGINE JORGE BENTACOURT AT 19/20 UNDER 170 LBS WINS THAT OVERALL.HE HAD GREAT GENETICS AS A KID...

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #212 on: December 19, 2017, 06:41:12 AM »
Alvin Small, isnt really small....

6ft 5 as well...

Never crossed paths with Alvin.....always looks impressive.

Met Harold Marillier and Troy Brown on occasion too...nothing to shout about.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2017, 07:16:55 AM »
COULD U IMAGINE JORGE BENTACOURT AT 19/20 UNDER 170 LBS WINS THAT OVERALL.HE HAD GREAT GENETICS AS A KID...
I saw him win the South Florida teenage class. Think it was his first show. He was 17.  Got to see him and Eddie Robinson from the very begining of there bbng careers.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2017, 07:57:08 AM »
RONNIE/NJ, Yea!  JORGE BENTACOURT was most likely the best teenaged  bodybuilder of all time but with the vast number of teens training in this day and age ... the could be debatable.

I had a short talk with him and his training partner a few years back when the competed in the USA Championships.

Back around the time he was getting married to a wealthy lady and possibly opened a gym in the state of Florida,

I don't read the magazines so I have no idea what and how he has been doing lately.

TONY LITTLE .... This was many years ago when I first met Tony and  I sorta/kinda recall that he was somewhat of a lost kid ... but just about four years later he made his fortune and became a big time kid.

RONNIE, How about John Carl Meese as mentioned above someplace. Did you know or ever run into that crew of 'gangsters'?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2017, 09:28:34 AM »
RONNIE/NJ, Yea!  JORGE BENTACOURT was most likely the best teenaged  bodybuilder of all time but with the vast number of teens training in this day and age ... the could be debatable.

I had a short talk with him and his training partner a few years back when the competed in the USA Championships.

Back around the time he was getting married to a wealthy lady and possibly opened a gym in the state of Florida,

I don't read the magazines so I have no idea what and how he has been doing lately.

TONY LITTLE .... This was many years ago when I first met Tony and  I sorta/kinda recall that he was somewhat of a lost kid ... but just about four years later he made his fortune and became a big time kid.

RONNIE, How about John Carl Meese as mentioned above someplace. Did you know or ever run into that crew of 'gangsters'?
Stunt, not that I can remember just Meese. Another notorious Bodybuilder / Murderer is Gil Fernandez. If you have never heard of him google him. His story is unbelieveable.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2017, 01:45:49 PM »
RONNIE, Yea, I do know some of the original story regarding GIL FERNANDEZ who owned a gym down there in Florida someplace and killed 3 to 9 individuals involved in the Florida drug business.

I think that some of those he killed by slitting their throats were members of his gym and that he was an active duty cop when he committed a couple of those murders.

Didn't he also win the Mr Florida contest in the 80's?

I have also heard that he is now converted and spreading the Gospel while he is spending the rest of his lifetime in prison.

Is he still among the living? And is his former gym business still operating?

I'm surprised that no one has made a Hollywood movie about his life and escapades!

Peter Benny

• Getbig II
« Reply #217 on: December 19, 2017, 04:10:57 PM »
Met Bertil Fox in 1979.  He was unbelievable.  Massive, muscular, thick, and vascular.  He was quite impressive.  Also, Bob Reis is very memorable.  Extremely thick.  Looked like his chest, back, and arms were going bust out of his shirt.  Just a very full proportionately massive sight.  Another impressive casual meeting was with the outstanding short class champion Greg Silha.  Very impressive, cordial, and down to earth.  Finally, Doug Stadele was truly a vision.  Great physique with exceptional thickness and shape.  Really a good humored guy who was fun to talk to.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #218 on: December 19, 2017, 04:13:49 PM »
RONNIE, Yea, I do know some of the original story regarding GIL FERNANDEZ who owned a gym down there in Florida someplace and killed 3 to 9 individuals involved in the Florida drug business.

I think that some of those he killed by slitting their throats were members of his gym and that he was an active duty cop when he committed a couple of those murders.

Didn't he also win the Mr Florida contest in the 80's?

I have also heard that he is now converted and spreading the Gospel while he is spending the rest of his lifetime in prison.

Is he still among the living? And is his former gym business still operating?

I'm surprised that no one has made a Hollywood movie about his life and escapades!
Yes one of the bbrs he killed Tommy Felts I knew. His gym is long gone. He trained at Golds gym in Sunrise where I trained for years, I was good friends with the owners Ken and Rose Beley. It was my favorite gym. Ken died years ago and Rose sold it. It is long gone now also.
Getting back to Fernandez, you are right it would make a great movie. Maybe it will happen one day. I also know Fernandez's attorney, John Continini who is now a judge in Broward County.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: December 20, 2017, 07:21:17 AM »
RONNIE, So I assume that GIL is still among the living?

I have no pull whatsoever but I will be visiting family members who are principal players within the movie biz and I'm going to ask them to read the Gil Fernandez story as written somewhere here on this here internet.

I doubt that anything will come of this but those Hollywood guys are always looking for an interesting story to put on the silver screen and with all this worldwide interest in physical fitness (or otherwise) within the world of lifting heavy things .... anything could be possible.

Right now I am wondering if any part of the Gil Fernandez story was used in that Johnson/Wahlberg movie as both 'occurrences' were somewhat similar and both occurred in Florida,

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2017, 08:25:12 AM »
RONNIE, So I assume that GIL is still among the living?

I have no pull whatsoever but I will be visiting family members who are principal players within the movie biz and I'm going to ask them to read the Gil Fernandez story as written somewhere here on this here internet.

I doubt that anything will come of this but those Hollywood guys are always looking for an interesting story to put on the silver screen and with all this worldwide interest in physical fitness (or otherwise) within the world of lifting heavy things .... anything could be possible.

Right now I am wondering if any part of the Gil Fernandez story was used in that Johnson/Wahlberg movie as both 'occurrences' were somewhat similar and both occurred in Florida,

Stunt, he is still alive as far as I know. Like you said spreading the gospel in prison. They are 2 different stories, I don't think it was used in Pain and Gain.
            It would be great if you could put it in the ear of your family members in the biz. It is even a better story than the Rock, Wahlberg movie.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #221 on: December 20, 2017, 11:14:16 AM »
Saw Jeff King on a daily basis at the gym and his calves were insane,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,every fiber popped and squirmed as he walked.

Boyer Coe early 1970`s.............incredible........looked like human sculpture

Dexter Jackson at the Southern States in a pair of farmers jeans without a shirt............incredi ble bunches of muscle.

Tom Prince,also at the Southern States...............Spa ndex pants and a hoodie looked like a fucking cartoon character.

Too many more to list with my one finger typing prowess but I`ve seen dame near everybody at one time or another.

PS-Gunther in Rochester.............EN OURMOUS IN A WORD.

PSS-Palumbo at 315 and uber vascular.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #222 on: December 20, 2017, 12:09:22 PM »
Saw Jeff King on a daily basis at the gym and his calves were insane,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,every fiber popped and squirmed as he walked.

Boyer Coe early 1970`s.............incredible........looked like human sculpture

Dexter Jackson at the Southern States in a pair of farmers jeans without a shirt............incredi ble bunches of muscle.

Tom Prince,also at the Southern States...............Spa ndex pants and a hoodie looked like a fucking cartoon character.

Too many more to list with my one finger typing prowess but I`ve seen dame near everybody at one time or another.

PS-Gunther in Rochester.............EN OURMOUS IN A WORD.

PSS-Palumbo at 315 and uber vascular.
Wes, it's a shame we didn't know each other when you lived down here. Our path's probably crossed and didn't even know it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #223 on: December 20, 2017, 12:34:55 PM »
I wouldn`t doubt it Ronnie.  ;)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN