Author Topic: quality carb up foods  (Read 4928 times)

binliftin

• Getbig II
  • It's not the size that counts...right
Re: quality carb up foods
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2006, 01:10:11 PM »
I forgot to include my height also....5'1 :P

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: quality carb up foods
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »
Nice weight per height binliftin-whats your bf%?  Also are you Figure, Fitness of BBing?

As a figure girl I suppose it isn't as important to get the exact carb-up, though I have always done it.  I know some girls that actually just eat clean through the show and don't so anything drastic.  Probably since a bber taught me during my first show I have stuck with the basic carb-up method. 

For you, or me, I would suggest eating every 3 hours (not 2) and getting about 250 (maybe 200-250-300) carbs in each day...also go by how you look.  This year I think I will try carbing up 3 days out, my first day on white potatoes and white rice (it will be mentally challenging but I want to try something different) and on the second and third day on oats and sweet potatoes.

The day of the show (the 300 number) I would try and really get a look at yourself and see if you look full.  If you do stick with the sweet potatoes...if you look stringy or not filled out add simple sugars (honey, syrup, jelly).  Also depending on your body add some red meat in your last 2 meals on Friday and in the morning Saturday.  Other then that stick with egg whites and plain chicken.  About 2-3 ounces with every meal and keep your good fat intake (EFA's, flax) in for at least 3 meals (about 30 Grams for the day). 

Again, I don't count calories on my carb up days...your body should just be burning through your food and you shouldn't put on fat in any of those days...especially if you are carb-depleted going in. 

These are just my opinions, things I have debated and how I feel-everyone goes about it differently and I would love to hear others stories on what they do.  Binliftin, you can always PM me if you have any questions or just need someone to talk to who knows what your going through:)  I would love to know if you have competed before and how you did.  Good luck!
Jennifer