Author Topic: Marijuana and Bodybuilding...  (Read 26894 times)

king

• Getbig III
Re: Marijuana and Bodybuilding...
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2006, 11:33:31 AM »
thats a good point.. but he did say "i'll be doing things far more dangerous..".. so i think he knows

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2006, 11:33:58 AM »
Its more dangerous being Mr. Olympia dumbass.... no one lost their kidney to weed....

I just reported you for being a dumbass! *cough* liver disease *cough*
just push some weight!

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2006, 01:01:02 PM »
liver diease from weed . ... yeah alot of that goin around lately
L

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2006, 01:29:03 PM »
420 Diesel, I'm sure you think its very ANIMAL of you to smoke up 4 times a day, but that shit has a shitload more tar in it than cigarettes, so lung cancer is in your future, most likely. Other than that I don't think occasional use is harmful to a bodybuilder.
SHAZAM!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2006, 01:41:22 PM »
Marijuana all the way ;D I am smokin now and i took a zanax (i also worked out legs and then went for a 45min bike ride after), it's time to relax :) I don't get the munchies cause i can control my apetite but it does help in the morning cause i am never hungary then.

420 Diesel, I'm sure you think its very ANIMAL of you to smoke up 4 times a day, but that shit has a shitload more tar in it than cigarettes, so lung cancer is in your future, most likely. Other than that I don't think occasional use is harmful to a bodybuilder.

I smoke multiple times a day but i bet i could beat you in a long distance race ::)
I

whitewidow

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2006, 02:42:35 PM »
No wonder I dwarf you all!

If thats you in your avator- you dwarf nobody- their are women at my gym bigger than you- weed has very good benefits- so do steroids- I find a combo of both very beneficial along with some fck arimidex and i am good- high test level no- gyno- this alex kid is just a dumbshit. as for- croatch he is the biggest fag on the board- with all his anti drug and steroid talk- go join a church group and preach your llittle goody 2 shoes ass their- not here. HA HA- remeber when croatch took that picture with him and cuttler- he was trying  to look big and tough-lol talk about fag-

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2006, 03:10:55 PM »
I smoked before a couple of workouts, not great but supposedly some like it for the workout.

Vaporizer's ARE sterile, but for a regular smoker they're a must to save the lungs, and are more potent using less weed.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2006, 03:21:52 PM »
A person who chooses to seriously pump iron while being a regular pot smoker should know the differences between pot classifications:  

Indica produces a relaxed sort of feeling, also known as 'couchlock'.  It is the type of smoke to induce extreme hunger and it's the type of weed known for having medicinal qualities.  From my own experience, it's excellent for the end of the day - when all meaningful physical activity has been done. Smoked too early in the day, it guarantees a drag-ass feeling that's only suitable for bedtime.  A single toke of indica before or during a workout can quickly knock a person off his goal for that session.  There's nothing worse than losing the mind-to-muscle connection before you've completed your workout.

Sativa, on the other hand, can cause stimulation.  Bodybuilders who've talked about smoking before the gym (as I've seen Arnold quoted as saying) were/are undoubtedly using sativa.  

Unfortunately, though, with the advances in quick turning indoor marijuana production, pure sativa strains have become almost unheard of.  Sativas tend to be very tall, mostly stemmed plants.  These types of plants are very impractical to grow indoors, and the sativa influences are becoming far less apparent in today's buds.  While almost every strain today is some mixture of sativa and indica, they're almost always based on indica due to it's practicality as an indoor plant.

My advice?  Forget pot during the day.  Enjoy some indica tokes *after* you've hit the iron, and fix yourself a big shake as your woman prepares your high protein dinner.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2006, 03:28:23 PM »
Exactly my experience; it's not an upper in terms of working out.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2006, 03:46:54 PM »
as for- croatch he is the biggest fag on the board- with all his anti drug and steroid talk- go join a church group and preach your llittle goody 2 shoes ass their- not here. HA HA- remeber when croatch took that picture with him and cuttler- he was trying  to look big and tough-lol talk about fag-
There is no moral ground I'm trying to walk.  I could give a rats ass about church and religion in general.  Drugs are whack my friend, sorry.  Nothing great ever comes of them.  And how's this, post your picture next to mine, we'll see who looks like the peckerwood.  Post one, or submit to the Croatch. 
I'm out, got to get stoned and have my boyfriend pump my ass with a needle now. ;D  Fag.
N

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2006, 04:07:05 PM »
Drugs are whack my friend, sorry.  Nothing great ever comes of them.

Innaccurate, too simplistic. Weed or alchohol in moderation's often a great enhancer of the mind. Ask psychiatrists, artists or musicians how much it can add to creativity or expansion of one's perspectives by freeing the mind from established patterns.

NOTHING to do with abuse or use of hard drugs.

Two separate worlds, for those who like to paint with one brush.

CAPTAIN MARVEL

• Getbig II
  • The World's Mightiest Mortal
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2006, 04:11:08 PM »
I smoke multiple times a day but i bet i could beat you in a long distance race ::)
irrelevent      the question is would you be faster in a long distance race if you didn't toke up multiple times a day
SHAZAM!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2006, 04:29:01 PM »
The blunt i rolled drawfs you alexxx

Alexxx dwarfs you ::)

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2006, 05:33:42 PM »
Innaccurate, too simplistic. Weed or alchohol in moderation's often a great enhancer of the mind. Ask psychiatrists, artists or musicians how much it can add to creativity or expansion of one's perspectives by freeing the mind from established patterns.
Ask a crackwhore how many cocks she sucks for a dime bag?  haha
N

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2006, 05:57:04 PM »
we arent talkin bout crack here.. just some good ole mary jane

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2006, 06:01:07 PM »
I know, just joking.
N

whitewidow

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2006, 07:08:45 PM »
There is no moral ground I'm trying to walk.  I could give a rats ass about church and religion in general.  Drugs are whack my friend, sorry.  Nothing great ever comes of them.  And how's this, post your picture next to mine, we'll see who looks like the peckerwood.  Post one, or submit to the Croatch. 
I'm out, got to get stoned and have my boyfriend pump my ass with a needle now. ;D  Fag.

alright bro- I know what you look like- If I ever see U-you can call me a fag right to my face- my guess is you wont- I though you liked cuttler- isnt he a fag too for juicing and taking an occasional smoke???? bak up with all your preppy boy I so good cause I dont use fag ass. I pick on guys like you .

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2006, 08:41:13 PM »
Dude smoking ganja is f@#king narly man, it likes gets you stoned and shit man , and you get the munchies big time bro , like f@#king far out man , dack rocks man , hey man did you hear that man , its the fucking pigs man , shit man we are getting raided dude , F@#k dude eat the shit man, come on dude eat it all man , ohhhhhhhhh man it was only the cat dude , mannnn your ganna be soooo stoned now bro , you ate all the dack man, your soooo fucked man , narly man !!!

whitewidow

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2006, 09:04:10 PM »
another third tier pro- lol

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2006, 09:13:18 PM »
Oh by the way i dont like Majywana--- it makes me cough and splutter and feel crap for days !!

whitewidow

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2006, 09:42:24 PM »
Oh by the way i dont like Majywana--- it makes me cough and splutter and feel crap for days !!

when you got access to all that nubain- no reason to smoke.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2006, 09:46:35 PM »
when you got access to all that nubain- no reason to smoke.

Never tried it, probibly just as well for I have a addictive personality and i never realy saw any need for it , plus all the stories made me keep clear of it , i might look dumb but i am not stupid !!!

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2006, 04:39:19 AM »
Muscualar Development did an article on this subject about 6 months ago. They had a study with guys who smoked vs. those who did not. What they found is that is really makes no difference either way. Right after you start smoking it does affect testosterone/estrogen levels for a week or two and then your body adjust and there is no effect (hormonally). If you have been smoking for awile then it will not affect your bodybuilding goals..unless it makes you lazy as it does some people. You shouldn't take it up as a new hobby a couple weeks out from a show though.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2006, 04:59:40 AM »

NOTHING to do with abuse or use of hard drugs.

Two separate worlds, for those who like to paint with one brush.

Oh my F***ing god, you guys will use any kind of false semantics to prove weed mariuana isn't bad.

- Freeing ones mind of established patterns? the odd artist will use the high as inspiration, 99% of the people get high and nothing productive comes of it.

- Alcohol/smoking etc is bad too! how many times have we heard this one, ofcourse alcohol is bad too, that doesn't justify the use of pot. It's kindergarten-level reasoning, please don't bother.

I am not against the use of mariuana, I smoke pot, however very sparingly. I've seen too many people that are heavy users (4 times a day is a heavy user btw) lose their 'edge', it really is a killer for your shortterm memory. I see it in my younger brother aswell I'm affraid.

You don't need pot to get in the zone, say you smoke weed because you like it, don't come up with the rest of the BS, cause you too well know it is!

self proclaimed meltdown! BooYAAh!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2006, 06:02:57 AM »
Oh my F***ing god, you guys will use any kind of false semantics to prove weed mariuana isn't bad. I've seen too many people that are heavy users (4 times a day is a heavy user btw
Quite unintentionally you've reinforced the previosus point: *big* difference between moderate and heavy use, despite the fact you mention them in the same breath. 4 times a day like that guy here is clearly an addict & heavy user.

"False semantics"? Congrats on mangling the english language; an excellent means of discrediting your position. That misguided combination of words isn't even apropos for whatever you were attempting to say. :D False semantics?

Muscular Development did a study with guys who smoked vs. those who did not. What they found is that is really makes no difference either way.
In moderation, not a problem; various pro & olympic athletes indulge in moderation. It's the abusers that you read about that have problems.