Author Topic: 2018 California - Recreational pot laws kick in tonight  (Read 12584 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: California recreational pot laws kick in tonight
« Reply #125 on: January 06, 2018, 08:54:31 PM »
good post

ONE TRILLION DOLLARS spent on the war on drugs and it has done nothing. Its like DARE--DARE has been proven to be ineffective, yet we still use it. DARE is a horrible program. But, it has a government stronghold.

I can't help but think that politicians are getting rich on this false narrative (War on Drugs).

X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: January 06, 2018, 09:07:06 PM »
ONE TRILLION DOLLARS spent on the war on drugs and it has done nothing. Its like DARE--DARE has been proven to be ineffective, yet we still use it. DARE is a horrible program. But, it has a government stronghold.

I can't help but think that politicians are getting rich on this false narrative (War on Drugs).

I was a drug dog handler at one time in the military, then a cop for 24 years and I have to say, the drug thing became one of two things, either an easy felony arrest for crack, or who can seize the most drugs and assets to then split among the agencies. We stopped pretending it was because it was dangerous a long time ago.
I don't know what the answer is other than it sure as hell ain't what we've been doing for 40 years. Let's decriminalize and see what happens. Treat it like alcohol. Stop spending trillions on trying to stop it which does nothing, funnel a portion of that money into education and treatment and lets see if the cartels don't dry up, if murder rates don't drop along the borders and things get better. If they don't after 20 years, we can try plan B

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2018, 09:11:46 PM »
If you think for one second you’ll ever get rid of drugs you’re high yourself. But enforce the existing drug laws and handing down harsher sentences will, in fact decrease fatalities and usage. The problem is liberals love not handing down harsher sentences because if they did it kill revenues to the states that legalized it. When you have kids let me know how youd feel that he/she told you they’re using because it “okay”. Until you have kids and despite anyone’s “higher education”....you haven’t a fucking clue until it’s your own.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »
I was a drug dog handler at one time in the military, then a cop for 24 years and I have to say, the drug thing became one of two things, either an easy felony arrest for crack, or who can seize the most drugs and assets to then split among the agencies. We stopped pretending it was because it was dangerous a long time ago.
I don't know what the answer is other than it sure as hell ain't what we've been doing for 40 years. Let's decriminalize and see what happens. Treat it like alcohol. Stop spending trillions on trying to stop it which does nothing, funnel a portion of that money into education and treatment and lets see if the cartels don't dry up, if murder rates don't drop along the borders and things get better. If they don't after 20 years, we can try plan B

Exactly.

It's just baffling that the "War on Drugs" has not worked. 100% failure. Yet, the government keeps going with the same narrative.

Again, I am not sure what the answer is; however, the current "War on Drugs" is simply not working. Something else has to be done.

Of course, drugs will always exist and people will always take them; you will never get rid of that and I am not implying that we should. But, as you said, perhaps decrminalizing drugs.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2018, 09:28:15 PM »
If you think for one second you’ll ever get rid of drugs you’re high yourself. But enforce the existing drug laws and handing down harsher sentences will, in fact decrease fatalities and usage. The problem is liberals love not handing down harsher sentences because if they did it kill revenues to the states that legalized it. When you have kids let me know how youd feel that he/she told you they’re using because it “okay”. Until you have kids and despite anyone’s “higher education”....you haven’t a fucking clue until it’s your own.

Coach, I'm sure you know a lot about physical fitness. But you apparently don't know drug laws at points have been so severe people would get 40 years for an ounce of weed (3 strikes rule). Usage did not go down. I'd rather deal with facts, stats and reality than the emotional cry of the right wing "What about our kids?" 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2018, 09:31:15 PM »

Interesting fact, In Washington state a study was done of pot usage among High School students. Now don't automatically discard the info because it came from a study and not your gut.  2 years before it was legalized and 2 years after. Pot usage rose 3% among 8th graders and zero among 12th graders. In Colorado there was no difference in pot use among teenagers before or after. Shocking right?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: January 06, 2018, 09:33:46 PM »
I think its not even debatable that we are wasting billions a year on a war that can't be won. I would love it if no one used crack, alcohol, heroin etc but they do and they will, they always will unless something changes or even if something changes. But we know what we are doing isn't working so lets look at the studies and try and find a different solution

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2018, 09:49:26 PM »
I think its not even debatable that we are wasting billions a year on a war that can't be won. I would love it if no one used crack, alcohol, heroin etc but they do and they will, they always will unless something changes or even if something changes. But we know what we are doing isn't working so lets look at the studies and try and find a different solution

Its a pointless "War." Why spend money on something that does not work? What is the logic behind that?  ??? ???

You're just throwing money away.
X

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Yes. Your retarted.
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2018, 09:58:54 PM »
The war should be on alcohol.  Of all the drugs I have had - and witnessed, no drug is more damaging to society. 

It's the worse of them all.  It brings out the worst in the most people.  It is not the best socially acceptable tipple for society.

Most people are far far more respectful of their neighbour on other drugs.  If society were based on bars serving marijuana based solutions, there would be far less aggression and danger when people are driving.

I happen to find marijuana unusable - for myself.  It isn't enjoyable for me - but I sure as fuck know that if I'm walking along in the street (or driving down it), I want the person coming the other way to be stoned, not drunk. 

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2018, 10:17:43 PM »
Agree, but the problem is weed isn’t like that of 60’s or 70’s. It’s much more HIGHLY processed and hit and miss with as readily available it is. Maybe or maybe not these guys that are posting on here for it, don’t realize it. When we wrote that article the studies were non-partisan.

There's nothing hit or miss or "processed" about it. People voting for it to be legalized know exactly what they're getting (20+% THC) and they're not citing studies from 60s or 70s studies. What makes it more potent today is breeding. Not processing.

The only processing going on is making the concentrates/waxes (not like hash hasn't been around forever).

If the stuff wasn't legal for recreational use, i wouldnt have picked up that gram yesterday. Bought this time last year I found a bag in my closet with about 7 little jars of various strains I'd gotten back in 2011 when I got my 1st & only medical card. Most the jars contained about 1/2-3/4 of the gram id gotten and just never finished. Once my.medical card expired, I never renewed it or bought any more weed (didn't Finnish the shit I had).

Not to mention the tax money California is bringing in from that shit. The gram I got was $10 then I got a 10% discount and I still ended up paying $11.16 (or maybe $11.46 didn't pay that close attention)... And i just got a gram. What is plenty of people who use that in a day and that's money the state would be never gotten without it being legal.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2018, 10:35:40 PM »
Coach, I'm sure you know a lot about physical fitness. But you apparently don't know drug laws at points have been so severe people would get 40 years for an ounce of weed (3 strikes rule). Usage did not go down. I'd rather deal with facts, stats and reality than the emotional cry of the right wing "What about our kids?" 

In some states you can (& do) get a 10-year sentence for simply heaven in your blood. Something called "possession by ingestion". It doesn't matter that you ingested It 2 weeks ago and you have pancreatic cancer and have a medical card in note from your doctor and live in California where it's legal.

For instance a guy living in California and has Medical marijuana card & ingests marijuana that's a weekly or maybe twice a week for a few months and then flies to South Dakota January 1st 4 a relative's wedding.

A week later, Jan 7th, After the wedding reception he drives away and he gets pulled over for suspicion of DUI, its a blizzard so they skipped a field sobriety test do a breathalyzer which comes back by .07 the cop decides it may be close (& this guy is from out of state) so he takes you into the hospital for a blood draw. they draw your blood and it comes out .06 or even .07, but they also test for drugs. Now the guy hasn't used marijuana for over a week now and where he lives is perfectly legal for him, however you still test positive because marijuana takes a long time to clear your system.

Now I stead of a DUI, the DA now has enough evidence to charge him with possession by ingestion. Because it's pretty black & white, if it's in your the guys blood he's guilty. There's no real way to fight it, and the DA isn't into making deals on slam-dunk cases. So he he's 10yrs, of which he'll only have to serve 25% (2.5yrs)... But it's still a felony drug conviction. And the person still does real prison time.

That is a COMMON thing in some states. All the DA cares about is the felony conviction. Especially in small communities such as South Dakota who is Prison Industries (it's actually called "Prison Industries".. they produce shit for profit and pay inmates $.25/hr to work for them) is a large source of income very large population of the state. For instance, where I was, the Warden at a particular present as well as the Secretary of Corrections were Partners in the company that ran the commissary. No such thing as "conflicts of interest" exist in places like that, especially when you have entire families husband and wife son's daughters uncle's nephew all working for the prison system in various positions as well as prosecutors and judges.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2018, 12:13:37 AM »
I purchased a couple of straws of honey with nothing but CBD in it for mixing with hot tea and it's effects were mild but noticeable, relaxing with no buzz whatsoever. Strange plant indeed.

The effect is almost always paired with THC in nature (obviously) so it wouldn't necessarily live up to expectations for someone wanting to "get high."  It should require some level of THC, to do that.

Just as mj in the past was often so low in CBD-like effect that it was not unfair to call it a "stupid" drug, even though it's now claimed to be innocent by comparison.  The fact that THC has been tempered, big time, leads me to believe the supply has actually become less dangerous (if that's the contest), than what it was when it was still commonly smuggled from the outside.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2018, 12:37:53 AM »
ignore this imbecile.

Let someone try it, then, and let's hope it works for that individual.  If the alternative is to have no satisfaction but to remain a junkie or whatever, then it's hard to believe it would hurt any worse.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #138 on: January 07, 2018, 02:19:02 AM »
Let someone try it, then, and let's hope it works for that individual. 

u should stfu already, moron.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: January 07, 2018, 02:22:33 AM »
Folks, weed is not a drug, just saying. Its a plant.

I just did a "wake and bake", hangover gone, joint pain gone, anxiety gone.
'S'All good. Stick to what you know about, and then shut up. If you think weed is a problem drug, you either live at "123 Sesame St." and/or you never got laid...

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: January 07, 2018, 02:25:20 AM »
Folks, weed is not a drug. Its a plant.

this is a highly constructive, reality based post. good job.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #141 on: January 07, 2018, 03:31:38 AM »
u should stfu already, moron.

You first?

Fuck you, btw.  Your posts suck dick, vigorously, and wiithout fail.  Just like you.  (Never would've had a chance to say that, though, without the opportunity you've provided me.  Finally made a good post.  But fuck you and your opinion on the subject, of whatever it is you're complaining about weed, without being able to explain.)

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: January 07, 2018, 04:07:40 AM »
You first?

Fuck you, btw.  Your posts suck dick, vigorously, and wiithout fail.  Just like you.  (Never would've had a chance to say that, though, without the opportunity you've provided me.  Finally made a good post.  But fuck you and your opinion on the subject, of whatever it is you're complaining about weed, without being able to explain.)

u said some really dumb shit.... which should be ignored... and fuck you too, imbecile.

Anyone who has gone the distance with hard drugs, is less likely to achieve satisfaction through something like marijuana. 

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #143 on: January 07, 2018, 04:14:49 AM »
Folks, weed is not a drug, just saying. Its a plant.

'S'All good. Stick to what you know about, and then shut up. If you think weed is a problem drug, you either live at "123 Sesame St." and/or you never got laid...

Coca and poppies are plants as well. As are mushrooms.

I wish pot Advocates would stop using the argument "weed is a plant... not a drug along" with the term "medicate".

True weed isn't a drug however what you get along with the weed is THC. Which is a drug. Same thing with cocaine base coming from coca leaves, adding hydrochloric acid and you have cocaine hydrochloride. Morphine comes from the sap of a poppy flower, heading sulfuric acid you have morphine sulfate, acetate you have diacetylmorphine(heroin), and psilocybin coming from mushrooms... Etc etc...

People have been using the term, or the phrase, whatever, "God put this plant on the earth for me to use". Well, if God put a plant on the earth to use that would also include chewing on coca leaves, drinking poppy seed tea or smoking the raw opium, in between snacks of mushrooms  let's not forget alcohol from fermented fruit or just plain old tobacco)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #144 on: January 07, 2018, 07:44:10 AM »
Coca and poppies are plants as well. As are mushrooms.

I wish pot Advocates would stop using the argument "weed is a plant... not a drug along" with the term "medicate".

True weed isn't a drug however what you get along with the weed is THC. Which is a drug. Same thing with cocaine base coming from coca leaves, adding hydrochloric acid and you have cocaine hydrochloride. Morphine comes from the sap of a poppy flower, heading sulfuric acid you have morphine sulfate, acetate you have diacetylmorphine(heroin), and psilocybin coming from mushrooms... Etc etc...

People have been using the term, or the phrase, whatever, "God put this plant on the earth for me to use". Well, if God put a plant on the earth to use that would also include chewing on coca leaves, drinking poppy seed tea or smoking the raw opium, in between snacks of mushrooms  let's not forget alcohol from fermented fruit or just plain old tobacco)

Exactly. "It's not a drug"... what a joke. I would also say it's a rather strong one too, it can really put you on your ass. Not dangerous but it doesn't feel extremely mild at all imo.

Coach saying weed is 10 times more dangerous than TRT is a joke too though. Tons of potential health risks with TRT - it requires blood work to be reasonably safe, every expert agrees with this. But what doctor ever looked at bloodwork of a weed smoker and said he needs to go off because he is close to stroking out or having a heart attack?

The "danger" of weed is psychological if anything, not physical. Physically it can protect you, can even protect the brain ironically.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #145 on: January 07, 2018, 08:34:38 AM »
Exactly. "It's not a drug"... what a joke. I would also say it's a rather strong one too, it can really put you on your ass. Not dangerous but it doesn't feel extremely mild at all imo.

Coach saying weed is 10 times more dangerous than TRT is a joke too though. Tons of potential health risks with TRT - it requires blood work to be reasonably safe, every expert agrees with this. But what doctor ever looked at bloodwork of a weed smoker and said he needs to go off because he is close to stroking out or having a heart attack?

The "danger" of weed is psychological if anything, not physical. Physically it can protect you, can even protect the brain ironically.

Most here are going by personal experience, what they hear on the street, read online and generally from sources that are pro-marijuana advocates. But if you take the time to actually study. I don’t know, maybe very few actually took the time to read what I posted as far the article but regardless after we put that piece together I’ll take gear over weed all day long.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2018, 08:47:14 AM »
Based on my own experience ,alcohol is way worse than pot .

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2018, 10:01:31 AM »
Most here are going by personal experience, what they hear on the street, read online and generally from sources that are pro-marijuana advocates. But if you take the time to actually study. I don’t know, maybe very few actually took the time to read what I posted as far the article but regardless after we put that piece together I’ll take gear over weed all day long.

Personally irritates the fuck out of me when I hear weed Advocates talk about "all the many health benefits that have been proven" blah blah... As if THAT'S why they started smoking in the first place.

That being said, the danger both immediate and long-term is far far greater with alcohol. Yet they drank wine in the bible... Sonthats ok.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »
All i care is that someone tracks the fucking money...we had the big debate in California in the 1980's over legalizing the lottery..people saying its legalized gambling,etc..but...we legalized it with the promise of better schools, paying down debt, police,etc...now revenue is nearly $7 billion and schools and debt is WORSE THAN EVER!!!! That's nearly $7 billion/year EXTRA!!!! And they ripped through it

Now same shit with marijuana...let's just not let this be another fucking blank check for these criminals masquerading as politicians

Now they'll rip through the billions that marijuana will bring in....This is full blown larceny...

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #149 on: January 07, 2018, 11:14:23 AM »
Kommiefornia is governed by fucktards.  They will take any money they get from the sale of this crap to these addicts and use it for anything but good. Making drugs like this legal is to sanction stupidity all the more.  And when the lazy shitheaps that have toked for years claim disability, it will be given to them and the hard working people will be taxed to pay for their "care"  Which will doubtless include free marijuana.

Fuck Kommiefornia to Hell.