Author Topic: 2018 California - Recreational pot laws kick in tonight  (Read 12633 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: California recreational pot laws kick in tonight
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2018, 11:21:06 AM »
Most here are going by personal experience, what they hear on the street, read online and generally from sources that are pro-marijuana advocates. But if you take the time to actually study. I don’t know, maybe very few actually took the time to read what I posted as far the article but regardless after we put that piece together I’ll take gear over weed all day long.

Gosh, one day I hope to be as smart as you and read a study.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2018, 11:22:26 AM »
Based on my own experience ,alcohol is way worse than pot .

Based on my own experience and being a cop in a large city I have to concur. Way more incidents of violence due to alcohol than pot use. Not even close

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »
Gosh, one day I hope to be as smart as you and read a study.

Just an FYI smartass, the co-writer is a Sargent in the LASD.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2018, 11:42:38 AM »
Based on my own experience and being a cop in a large city I have to concur. Way more incidents of violence due to alcohol than pot use. Not even close

Give it time.

QuietYou

« Reply #154 on: January 07, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
Give it time.

It's just not likely to anywhere near catch up. It's just the nature and effects of the substances. Too much consumption of alcohol just fucks you up far too much to even have a chance to function. At least smoking a shit ton there are some people that are used to it and can handle it. When you pass a certain threshold of alcohol, it doesn't matter as your inhibitions and motor skills are fucked up too much.

Always have to look at what the substances do to the body in excess. As these are where most of the incidents's are likely to occur. Alcohol is by far worse.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2018, 12:32:50 PM »
Regarding the studies, I am more interested in what population was used, how much marijuana was ingested, as well as the research methodologies that were used to derive the conclusions. Of course, smoking 15 joints/blunts a day will likely have more of an impact than smoking 1 joint every 2-3 days. I know plenty of professors (here are also judges, lawyers, teachers, doctors, etc., who also use) who smoke marijuana recreationally and have written books, published in peer-reviewed studies, etc. I highly doubt legalizing marijuana will send these professors into a downfall of homelessness and debt. They will likely continue to use the same amount of marijuana as they always have. I am not "concerned" about people who have been recreationally using marijuana for their whole lives in a controlled fashion.

If recreational marijuana becomes 100% legalized, it will be more interesting to see the possible effects it has on young adults who are recently entering college or the work force. As of now, we likely do not have a big enough data set to draw such a strong correlation between legal marijuana consumption and the effects on young adults who are entering the workforce or college. Again, I am not concerned about the 55 year old family man who smokes a joint every few days.

So, instead of jumping to emotional appeals, the best answer is, "I don't know." We simply do not have a big enough data set to draw a strong relationship between the two variables. Research is going to need to take into consideration A LOT of variables in order to draw such a strong conclusion about the legalization of marijuana (age, race, culture, socioeconomic status, amount ingested, etc.).

X

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #156 on: January 07, 2018, 01:53:52 PM »

pot generally transforms aggression into non aggression.... its the inverse of alcohol. the world could finally taste peace.... and peace tastes like oh kush, lol

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: January 07, 2018, 01:54:45 PM »
Just an FYI smartass, the co-writer is a Sargent in the LASD.

you mean Sergeant?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: January 07, 2018, 01:58:05 PM »
For me, its a matter of government controlling what I do, They allow me to consume alcohol and smoke cigarettes but won't allow me to smoke marijuana. Makes no sense. How about just regulate the behaviors that are criminal like you do with alcohol and let me make those decisions for myself?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: January 07, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »
It's just not likely to anywhere near catch up. It's just the nature and effects of the substances. Too much consumption of alcohol just fucks you up far too much to even have a chance to function. At least smoking a shit ton there are some people that are used to it and can handle it. When you pass a certain threshold of alcohol, it doesn't matter as your inhibitions and motor skills are fucked up too much.

Always have to look at what the substances do to the body in excess. As these are where most of the incidents's are likely to occur. Alcohol is by far worse.

I neither smoke (anything) nor drink alcohol.  Never thought doing either was too smucking fart.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #160 on: January 07, 2018, 03:31:37 PM »
For me, its a matter of government controlling what I do, They allow me to consume alcohol and smoke cigarettes but won't allow me to smoke marijuana. Makes no sense. How about just regulate the behaviors that are criminal like you do with alcohol and let me make those decisions for myself?

The same people who are calling for marijuana to be illegal; why aren't they calling for alcohol to be illegal?

--An estimated 88,0008 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women8) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States.

--In 2014, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities accounted for 9,967 deaths (31 percent of overall driving fatalities).

--The prevalence of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) in the United States was estimated by the Institute of Medicine in 1996 to be between 0.5 and 3.0 cases per 1,000

--In 2015, of the 78,529 liver disease deaths among individuals ages 12 and older, 47.0 percent involved alcohol. Among males, 49,695 liver disease deaths occurred and 49.5 percent involved alcohol. Among females, 28,834 liver disease deaths occurred and 43.5 percent involved alcohol.29

--Among all cirrhosis deaths in 2013, 47.9 percent were alcohol related. The proportion of alcohol-related cirrhosis was highest (76.5 percent) among deaths of persons ages 25–34, followed by deaths of persons ages 35–44, at 70.0 percent.30

--In 2009, alcohol-related liver disease was the primary cause of almost 1 in 3 liver transplants in the United States.31

--Drinking alcohol increases the risk of cancers of the mouth, esophagus, pharynx, larynx, liver, and breast.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #161 on: January 07, 2018, 03:43:40 PM »
you mean Sergeant?

I was posting at a stoplight give me a ticket

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #162 on: January 07, 2018, 04:03:36 PM »
Kommiefornia is governed by fucktards.  They will take any money they get from the sale of this crap to these addicts and use it for anything but good. Making drugs like this legal is to sanction stupidity all the more.  And when the lazy shitheaps that have toked for years claim disability, it will be given to them and the hard working people will be taxed to pay for their "care"  Which will doubtless include free marijuana.

Fuck Kommiefornia to Hell.

You think that because now suddenly marijuana is legal for recreational use that it's going to pave the way for somebody to claim disability?

What the fuck is wrong with you? No part of that entire paragraph makes any sense whatsoever. Did you just think this is your opportunity to chime in and say something to "sound smart"?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #163 on: January 07, 2018, 04:07:24 PM »
Give it time.

"Give it time"???

Yeah because marijuana is a completely new drug that American society has never had to deal with before we have absolutely no idea what to expect.

FUCK you're an idiot. The sad part is you're a smug, arrogant, ignorant idiot. Too dumb to know what you don't know.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: January 07, 2018, 04:09:41 PM »
You think that because now suddenly marijuana is legal for recreational use that it's going to pave the way for somebody to claim disability?

What the fuck is wrong with you? No part of that entire paragraph makes any sense whatsoever. Did you just think this is your opportunity to chime in and say something to "sound smart"?

Keep it up.  You wanna go back to jail, huh?  Miss the PBJ, don'tcha?  You're over your head in the shallow end of the gene pool, so take off your floaters and flippers and put your waders on and get back to the kiddie section with all the other mental midgets. No smoking here, lassie.  I bet you're a real PW inside.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2018, 04:10:48 PM »
"Give it time"???

Yeah because marijuana is a completely new drug that American society has never had to deal with before we have absolutely no idea what to expect.

FUCK you're an idiot. The sad part is you're a smug, arrogant, ignorant idiot. Too dumb to know what you don't know.

Looking for a new four piece to wear with the orange peel?  Run along boy and be glad I'm not your PO.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
Keep it up.  You wanna go back to jail, huh?  Miss the PBJ, don'tcha?  You're over your head in the shallow end of the gene pool, so take off your floaters and flippers and put your waders on and get back to the kiddie section with all the other mental midgets. No smoking here, lassie.  I bet you're a real PW inside.

Keep what up?

If you were a troll I could understand, but youre just some Mormon idiot who called the cops and sent your own brother to jail (because you were afraid of the 152 lb tweaker and couldn't deal with him yourself. With him out of the picture, you could finally get all Mommy's attention. #TrueStory.)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2018, 04:27:19 PM »
Looking for a new four piece to wear with the orange peel?  Run along boy and be glad I'm not your PO.

You should be glad, you'd be unemployed.

My "P.O." is like your girlfriend. Nonexistent.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2018, 04:28:25 PM »
I neither smoke (anything) nor drink alcohol.  Never thought doing either was too smucking fart.

And by god I respect your right to choose what you want to ingest

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2018, 04:46:59 PM »
The problem is the Marijuana being consumed - where does it grow, which quality and potency.
In theory, Pot makes you think and wonder about the world and has the potential to be a positive factor in mental development, but again - I would be weary about origin and quantity consumed.

Add to this the health of the "smoker" and his/her attitude.
420 blaze it homo doesn't bode too well especially if you add genetically modified weed which nobody has the faintest idea of what exact effect it could/is supposed to have -> "conspiracy theory"...
"Legalize to make the sheeple even more placent and docile".

The longtime smokers I know/knew are/have been using it to get over their bad lives and it seems to have a strong effect on their brain and attitude - slow thinking, lazy and tuned out. Weed smokers have this unnerving chill-itude that may drive one up the wall after some time.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2018, 04:48:02 PM »
So did coach smoke a joint yet or what?

"

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2018, 05:17:52 PM »
Great news!! Soon the whole country will be able to enjoy the benefits of cannabis with out fear of going to jail. Good times.

Not so fast, Sessions just changed the game....Jeff Sessions announced Thursday morning he had removed the barrier that had held back federal prosecutors from pursuing marijuana cases in states that had made pot legal, he delivered on something he had all but promised when he was nominated as attorney general. Most of the marijuana world saw it coming, but they freaked out anyway.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: January 07, 2018, 05:29:28 PM »
So can you just smoke weed out in the open now in Cali?
Banned smoking everywhere before legalizing weed.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #173 on: January 07, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »
Commiefornia needs a revolution. Democunts have ruined this state. Fuck you Jerry Brown!

And fuck Gavin Newsom too!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: January 07, 2018, 05:48:50 PM »
Federal government hates weed, loves guns.
California Government Loves weed hates guns.

So now, when here i  L.A. even gas stations and many convenience stores have bullet proof glass, Marijuana dispensaries cant put their fucking money in a bank. Worse, they cant accept Credit Cards(FDIC) so they have to have more unmarked cash stored in house than some small banks. And of course Cali wont let them carry guns to defend all the free cash!!!!

Dangerous situation...