Author Topic: Best routine I use to gain strength and size  (Read 2054 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Best routine I use to gain strength and size
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
Tuesday- legs and abs (front squat focus )  (in the morning I will do wind sprints up a hill because I feel like they help me stay lean and make my lifts more explosive. Plus the health benefits of sprinting far outweigh those of steady state cardio)
Wednesday- Delts and a bodybuilding style day for arms (military press focus alternate between dumbbells and barbells)
Thursday- legs and abs (back squat focus)
Friday- chest and triceps (incline bench focus)
Saturday- rest
Sunday- Back day (pull-ups, rows, pulldowns,  and deadlifts)
Monday- rest

This program will build posture, flexibility, and improve athletic performance while packing on mass. Don't be the guy with 19 inch arms but can't deadlift 500 without hurting his back.

My diet

Meal 1) steak and eggs, oatmeal, berries, coffee,
Meal 2) protein shake with almond butter
Meal 3) a big ass grass fed steak with sweet potatoes and a 1/2 cup of nuts
Meal 4) protein shake with almond butter...on your training days add in 20 grams of whey isolate and some BCAA's pre workout and during your workout to sip on
Meal 5) Whatever I want because usually I go out. I try to keep it clean though (sushi, italian food, and Ill have a few drinks but I limit myself to 3)
Meal 6) pre bed shake with some yogurt or organic ice-cream when Im craving it. Half the time Im out so I don't always hit this but I feel like it helps me

I put cinnamon and garlic on everything. The health benefits of these two things are numerous. I usually eat some dark chocolate throughout the day. If I don't get 8 hours of quality sleep per night everything goes to shit so make your sleep a priority when you can. Hard with my lifestyle but it really is the deal breaker.

No cutting,no bulking, no not having a social life. I have used this program with a few  clients and they all have success with it. You should be able to bench 300, deadlift 500, and squat 350-400 naturally after following this routine for a year or so if you have decent genetics.
l

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: Best routine I use to gain strength and size
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 02:16:28 PM »
Are you 22 yet?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 02:22:08 PM »
Interesting post.

I see lifting schedule, diet and sleep and that cinnamon and garlic are important.

But you fail to mention your anabolics......

#itsallhardwork

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
21 for life

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 02:33:17 PM »
doing chest and triceps the day after shoulders and arms doesnt strike me as particulary good

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 02:34:58 PM »
Interesting post.

I see lifting schedule, diet and sleep and that cinnamon and garlic are important.

But you fail to mention your anabolics......

#itsallhardwork

The problem with people is they use drugs to make up for training like pussies. If your going to use gear it should be used as a tool to recover quickly from intense training. All you see now is a bunch of drugged up physiques. If you can't bench double bodyweight or close to it to me your not shit.

If the average enhanced guy cut his doses in half, joined a hardcore strongman or powerlifting gym with some truly motivated training partners they would probably look better.
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 02:36:01 PM »
doing chest and triceps the day after shoulders and arms doesnt strike me as particulary good

That was a typo on my part. Swap the chest and tricep day to friday put the back squat day on thusrday or saturday. Depends how fresh you want your legs for the deadlifts sunday
l

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »
are you using Ceylon cinnamon or supermarket cinnamon?

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 02:40:04 PM »
are you using Ceylon cinnamon or supermarket cinnamon?

Ceylon 
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 02:41:25 PM »
If your physique doesn't look like you can kill somebody with your bare hands your all pump and show.

l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 02:42:23 PM »
l

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 02:56:45 PM »
A double bw bench press is very very good

Id say maybe 1 ot of every 500 could do that

And maybe 1 out of every 100 geared up trainers could do it

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 03:15:47 PM »

You reach a certain point in training where neural adaptations only go so far and your already nuerologically efficient... At that point the only way to gain strength is gaining size. This is why you rarely see guys under 240-250 benching 500 pounds. At some point you gotta gain weight to get your numbers up
l

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 04:27:53 PM »
Another expert on Getbig. You don't know what you are talking about.

Your diet is crazy. No need to ingest all that expensive protein. At least 3 times too much protein.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »
The claim that the health benefits of interval training is superior to steady-state cardio is not really supported by much evidence.

That aside, what kind of rep/set scheme do you suggest?

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 05:03:26 PM »
Great post I learned a lot from it!! Looks like you found a niche man congrats!

This is similar too the program we followed for college football. Heavy core lifts bench squat 3 days a week. We all got way stronger then where we started. I never got freakish strong like you are though.

The Seductor

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 05:07:05 PM »
Tuesday- legs and abs (front squat focus )  (in the morning I will do wind sprints up a hill because I feel like they help me stay lean and make my lifts more explosive. Plus the health benefits of sprinting far outweigh those of steady state cardio)
Wednesday- Delts and a bodybuilding style day for arms (military press focus alternate between dumbbells and barbells)
Thursday- legs and abs (back squat focus)
Friday- chest and triceps (incline bench focus)
Saturday- rest
Sunday- Back day (pull-ups, rows, pulldowns,  and deadlifts)
Monday- rest

This program will build posture, flexibility, and improve athletic performance while packing on mass. Don't be the guy with 19 inch arms but can't deadlift 500 without hurting his back.

My diet

Meal 1) steak and eggs, oatmeal, berries, coffee,
Meal 2) protein shake with almond butter
Meal 3) a big ass grass fed steak with sweet potatoes and a 1/2 cup of nuts
Meal 4) protein shake with almond butter...on your training days add in 20 grams of whey isolate and some BCAA's pre workout and during your workout to sip on
Meal 5) Whatever I want because usually I go out. I try to keep it clean though (sushi, italian food, and Ill have a few drinks but I limit myself to 3)
Meal 6) pre bed shake with some yogurt or organic ice-cream when Im craving it. Half the time Im out so I don't always hit this but I feel like it helps me

I put cinnamon and garlic on everything. The health benefits of these two things are numerous. I usually eat some dark chocolate throughout the day. If I don't get 8 hours of quality sleep per night everything goes to shit so make your sleep a priority when you can. Hard with my lifestyle but it really is the deal breaker.

No cutting,no bulking, no not having a social life. I have used this program with a few  clients and they all have success with it. You should be able to bench 300, deadlift 500, and squat 350-400 naturally after following this routine for a year or so if you have decent genetics.
Aka/"doing dumb shit with weights"

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 05:07:12 PM »
The claim that the health benefits of interval training is superior to steady-state cardio is not really supported by much evidence.

That aside, what kind of rep/set scheme do you suggest?

quite a few studies show sprinting led to decrease in bodyfat without losing any weight on the scale. Add the massive gh release, improved  insulin sensitivity, increased motor unit/rate coding (which will help your lifts) sprints are great for anyone trying to gain size and strength.

I like high volume 4-5 sets of 10-12 on assistance work. Big fan of drop sets and forced reps as well...
l

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2018, 05:36:33 PM »

220lb bber would be a 440 bench on AAS.

Considering most guy's bench press technique is completely wrong for pushing heavy weight, a 440 bench shouldn't.be hard if they pressed properly for weight, and not like a "bodybuilder": with minimal arch, if any (even withnfeet up ON the bench ffs), hands wide, elbows way out from the body so the upper arms form a "T" in relation to the upper body, while bringing the bar down to the nipple-area or higher (if not the neck ffs). All done so in a slow, non-explosive manner.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2018, 05:38:01 PM »
Aka/"doing dumb shit with weights"

This program is designed to build a body that doesn’t end up looking like a collection of body parts which is what you get when you train like a typical bodybuilder. How many bodybuilding programs have guys doing snatch grip deadlifts off a 4 inch box? True strength training done properly makes you faster, more flexible, able to jump higher....most bodybuilding type splits makes you tight, slow, less functional, and injury prone.
l

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »
Sprints on the same day as quad training?
How many hours in between!!

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 05:45:11 PM »
Sprints on the same day as quad training?
How many hours in between!!

In the am and weights in the pm so I try to get as much time as possible. If you just wanna do sprints one day a week do them  on your front squat days since sprinting is mostly glute/hamstring dominant. Give it some time and you’ll notice your other lifts will go up, upper body too.
l

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2018, 05:49:12 PM »
I'll give it a try man, just gonna play around with my training this year as I'm. Waiting on a hernia op so won't be competing

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2018, 05:52:14 PM »
If your physique doesn't look like you can kill somebody with your bare hands your all pump and show.

m
So you’re black now?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2018, 06:46:04 PM »
The problem with people is they use drugs to make up for training like pussies. If your going to use gear it should be used as a tool to recover quickly from intense training. All you see now is a bunch of drugged up physiques. If you can't bench double bodyweight or close to it to me your not shit.

If the average enhanced guy cut his doses in half, joined a hardcore strongman or powerlifting gym with some truly motivated training partners they would probably look better.

Bro all I was doing was commenting on what you say you do.

You look good and have good strength.

BUT....Drugs are a part of your routine and more important than cinnamon.