Author Topic: The Town(getbig) Bully  (Read 1983 times)

chuckles

The Town(getbig) Bully
« on: February 13, 2018, 05:10:24 AM »
 ;D

chess315

Re: The Town(getbig) Bully
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 06:56:19 AM »
Efs lol we used to have a copy of the ken McElroy book in jail he was nuts stold cattle had has his way with the high school girls until the whole town got together and shot him at once

chess315

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 07:03:30 AM »
Efs lol we used to have a copy of the ken McElroy book in jail we loved it he was nuts stold cattle had has his way with the high school girls until the whole town got together and shot him at once

chuckles

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 07:03:54 AM »
Efs lol we used to have a copy of the ken McElroy book in jail he was nuts stold cattle had has his way with the high school girls until the whole town got together and shot him at once
some crazy dudes out there

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 07:46:38 AM »
His story would make one hell of a great movie!!!! Or has it already been done (or something similar)? Who would be great for the lead role?
Don't say, "John Travolta!"

Here's just a part of the McElroy' story ....

Ken Rex McElroy (June 1, 1934 – July 10, 1981) was a resident of Skidmore, Nodaway County, Missouri. Known as "the town bully",[1] his unsolved killing became the focus of international attention.

Over the course of his life, McElroy was accused of dozens of felonies, including assault, child molestation, statutory rape, arson, hog and cattle rustling, and burglary.

In all, he was indicted 21 times but escaped conviction each time, except for the last.  (It would be interesting to learn how he escaped conviction each time!)

In 1981, McElroy was convicted of shooting and seriously injuring the town's 70-year-old grocer, Ernest "Bo" Bowenkamp, the previous year.

McElroy successfully appealed the conviction and was released on bond, after which he engaged in an ongoing harassment campaign against Bowenkamp, the town's Church of Christ minister, and others who were sympathetic to Bowenkamp.

He appeared in a local bar, the D&G Tavern, armed with an M1 Garand rifle and bayonet, and later threatened to kill Bowenkamp.

The next day, McElroy was shot to death in broad daylight as he sat with his wife Trena in his pickup truck on Skidmore's main street.

He was struck by bullets from at least two different firearms, in front of a crowd of people estimated as between 30 and 46.

To date, no one has been charged in connection with McElroy's death.

chess315

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 08:42:11 AM »
His story would make one hell of a great movie!!!! Or has it already been done (or something similar)? Who would be great for the lead role?
Don't say, "John Travolta!"

Here's just a part of the McElroy' story ....

Ken Rex McElroy (June 1, 1934 – July 10, 1981) was a resident of Skidmore, Nodaway County, Missouri. Known as "the town bully",[1] his unsolved killing became the focus of international attention.

Over the course of his life, McElroy was accused of dozens of felonies, including assault, child molestation, statutory rape, arson, hog and cattle rustling, and burglary.

In all, he was indicted 21 times but escaped conviction each time, except for the last.  (It would be interesting to learn how he escaped conviction each time!)

In 1981, McElroy was convicted of shooting and seriously injuring the town's 70-year-old grocer, Ernest "Bo" Bowenkamp, the previous year.

McElroy successfully appealed the conviction and was released on bond, after which he engaged in an ongoing harassment campaign against Bowenkamp, the town's Church of Christ minister, and others who were sympathetic to Bowenkamp.

He appeared in a local bar, the D&G Tavern, armed with an M1 Garand rifle and bayonet, and later threatened to kill Bowenkamp.

The next day, McElroy was shot to death in broad daylight as he sat with his wife Trena in his pickup truck on Skidmore's main street.

He was struck by bullets from at least two different firearms, in front of a crowd of people estimated as between 30 and 46.

To date, no one has been charged in connection with McElroy's death.
there has been a movie it's good

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 08:46:51 AM »
CHESS, I just found the following ....

WITHOUT MERCY ... 2005

Plot Summary ...... Ken McElroy, a man known for his penchant for young girls and terrorizing people in town, is gunned down on the main street of Skidmore, Mo.

He was suspected of raping and killing a girl and despite 55 people witnessing his death no indictments have been issued.

Cast: Craig Zisel, John Karyus, Darren Kendrick, Joanne Ryan, Bob Burghardt, Coleen Callahan, Elize Caraballo, Sara Fineran

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 09:36:45 AM »
A

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 09:40:30 AM »
Never understood how this stuff happens,is everyone a pussy.Pretty simple,kill the fucking guy after maybe he does a few horrible things.Dont understand bullies at all,pretty easy to stop bullies as they are usually pussies.especially in 1981.

chess315

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 12:09:10 PM »
Yeah we had the movie in some country jail I think there are more then one movie even in jail the always joked about McElroy lol several books also we would read you get to the point you want to be him lol

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 12:11:18 PM »
Sounds like the disgusting sack of shit got what he deserves in the end, the town people should have tortured the fucker first before shooting him

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 12:31:32 PM »
That surame is Scottish yes?

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 08:11:52 PM »
I thought they already made that movie, called it Road House

"

werewolf operative

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 08:36:50 PM »
That surame is Scottish yes?

Shut up nig*er...

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 09:57:45 PM »

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2018, 10:30:14 PM »
Here's the made for tv movie about it, starring Brian Dennehy -

I remember it being pretty good, but to get it all you need to read the book of the same title. I usually skip a lot of true crime books because the writing is lackluster and very repetitive, but the writer did a good job with that one, even got himself an Edgar Award.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 12:07:29 AM »
Shut up nig*er...

[

Ahhhh

Go.fuck.yourself.pear body

Meet me and i will fuck you up 😘😘😘

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 12:53:39 AM »

I don't see how you equate me with some fuck who "has his way with high school girls", or being a "bully" period.

chuckles

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2018, 05:57:39 AM »
I wonder what his widow Trina is up to nowadays. He always had a gun. As his friend said, he wouldn't fight in the street with a man. He would always pull a gun first. If someone had caught him without one, there wouldn't be a story about him.
The thing is, if you beat him he would come back with a Gun & kill you. This is why they were scared. what he would do.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 06:38:27 AM »
The thing is, if you beat him he would come back with a Gun & kill you. This is why they were scared. what he would do.

That’s why you gotta kill people like this.Especially back in 81’.i imagine pretty easy to get away with.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 07:12:19 AM »
One of the things that had the town shook that was mentioned more in the book than in various reports was that folks were scared of McElroy, the extended family, plus his criminal buddies. He had them thinking that it was sort of a "Dixie Mafia" type situation, where they might have to deal with more than just him.

The guy that was the top suspect for killing him was another hard man that came from money, and was well thought of in that community.

chess315

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 07:34:10 AM »
I don't see how you equate me with some fuck who "has his way with high school girls", or being a "bully" period.
I didn't meant your the town bully on here

chess315

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 07:36:26 AM »
If I remember it was several people who shot him dead not just one

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 07:47:09 AM »
Yeah, it was a few people, but the main guy suspected was a man named Del Clement. He was a rancher, and part owner of the bar shown in that clip. The fellow who wrote the book mentioned that Clement was a mean drinker, and from most accounts he heard, shot him in the back of the head with a rifle. Then the rest started.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2018, 07:13:36 AM »
I thought they already made that movie, called it Road House

Ha Ha...I was just thinking about that movie. ;D
A