Author Topic: Everyone says live in ny for a year and it will be the best year of your life  (Read 3887 times)

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Is this true?

I make good money out in LA as a private trainer but I’m ready for a change. I’m seriously willing to give all my clients up as a personal trainer and take a bouncing job to start a new life in New York. The traffic, everything closing at 2am , the dirty beaches etc.  I’m over it.

New York is amazing. Never have I been in a city where hot women are so aggressive and run up to you and want to fuck you. Plus the people are way better and the food..Every time I leave New York I get envious of my friends that live there because I feel like I’m missing out on so much the city has to offer.

For those that live there or have lived there is it really all that? I’m talking about manhataan obviously
l

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
stay away from NY... place is ripe 4 another 911 type of deal, only on a much larger scale this time

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
You made this thread last month regarding Florida.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Fuck New York,prob my least favorite place to go or even drive thru.to many fucking idiots.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
It's gross.

It looks gross.

It smells gross.

And there are homos galore.

STAY OUT!

Dave D

• Getbig V
Are you really going to do anything you ask about?

You moved from NC to LA if you want to move to NYC do it. Live your life.  

I'm sure you'll hate winter.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
It's gross.

It looks gross.

It smells gross.

And there are homos galore.

STAY OUT!

Man I agree with U, noise & smell  :-X  + icy winter  :-\

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Is this true?

I make good money out in LA as a private trainer but I’m ready for a change. I’m seriously willing to give all my clients up as a personal trainer and take a bouncing job to start a new life in New York. The traffic, everything closing at 2am , the dirty beaches etc.  I’m over it.

New York is amazing. Never have I been in a city where hot women are so aggressive and run up to you and want to fuck you. Plus the people are way better and the food..Every time I leave New York I get envious of my friends that live there because I feel like I’m missing out on so much the city has to offer.

For those that live there or have lived there is it really all that? I’m talking about manhataan obviously

It all depends, how old are you Flint?
Q

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
You made this thread last month regarding Florida.

Tried south beach for a week.  The women are insane but the food was terrible....also felt like I was
Literally doing the same fucking thing every day. Definitely likes it better than la..and seems like it would be fun if you had a bit..but other than that It would be an easy place to get bored real quick. Can’t imagine how much quality tourist pussy  I would smash there you literally meet chicks from everywhere it’s unreal. New York in the spring and Miami would be ideal. La will destroy your soul though
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee

25 so if I’m gonna move I’m gonna do it now.  I’ve been in la for four years now...I’ve had some Good experiences here but at this point I’m my life just ready for a change. I also don’t like the idea of being housebroke...you can’t get shit for your money here. Obviously New York is the same deal but the city has so much more to offer. I’m lacking stimulation...everyone and everything here is just too laid back for me and the people aren’t genuine.  It’s hard to describe....you can have a ton of friends and multiple women in your life but la can still feel like a very lonely place. I’ve seen a lot of people move here and get depressed/lose themselves
l

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

He's 21 forever and don't forget it.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Missed California when I left. Regretted it pretty quick.

Dunno if I could stand n.y. driving, or lack thereof. Paying for parking... Or paying to take a cab everywhere.

When I left san Diego I quickly realized that along with 4 distinct seasons, you no longer have girls in the grocery store 12months a year wearing shorts, sandals, & tee's.

NYs taxes suck as well I hear. Curious what they are compared to CA, especially if you claim income as a trainer/1099. Also dunno if they require a Guard Card to work security. Shouldn't cost much tho.

Then there's cost of living...

be back

not much to do if you are under 21...

be back

Dunno if I could stand n.y. driving, or lack thereof. Paying for parking... Or paying to take a cab everywhere.

When I left san Diego I quickly realized that along with 4 distinct seasons, you no longer have girls in the grocery store 12months a year wearing shorts, sandals, & tee's.

NYs taxes suck as well I hear. Curious what they are compared to CA, especially if you claim income as a trainer/1099. Also dunno if they require a Guard Card to work security. Shouldn't cost much tho.

it would be lack there of, you are banned remember..

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Have you spent time in either Chicago or Dallas? Each has upsides and downsides, but they both have genuine people and that may be what you need most of all right now. Plus each has a big city feeling and pulse but admittedly not at the level of NYC or LA. Plus your money goes FAR in both those cities. There’s no place like New York for excitement though. I lived there 3 years in my 20s and don’t regret those years a bit. The problem is there’s a high likelihood that the excitement will wear off and it will be like LA is for you now and you will probably want to move on again. No money in the bank, no house, dirty streets. But maybe take that chance anyway and get it out of your system. Sorry there are mixed messages here but also check out Chicago and Dallas if you have not done so already.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
What qualifies you to be a bouncer?? The fact you "pump iron?!"  :D :D

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
there's a lot of indian taxi drivers who love new york

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
What you wrote is a Sex in The City fantasy starring Flintstones as Carrie.

Seriously, you probably could have lived that way as a bouncer or personal trainer in the 80's - mid 90's. Any place that is now popping in NYC is going to cost a fortune. I know young guys with good jobs that are living with 2-3 roommates, till they find a girl and move in with her.  Those relationships usually fail because now they're both busting their ass.

Forget having a car usually, parking fees are $300 - 400 for a safe place in the city. On street parking is a big pain in the ass. Driving in general is :(.

Your supermarket food bill will probably go up 30% over what your paying now in the city proper. A lot of younger folks wind up going to the outer boroughs to get food, etc.....

All that awesome nightlife you heard about? Mostly gone because of - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Cabaret_Law . They repealed them last year, but I doubt the club scene will be coming back.

There is some cool stuff, like the museums, libraries, galleries, etc.... , but if that's not your thing than :(. And you can still find great food, and there are beautiful women of all flavors.

New York was / is great if you have real money to enjoy it, are in a field like entertainment, or are old enough to remember the fun things back in the day. But most folks just wind up regular working stiffs just like everybody else :).

werewolf operative

Seriously, you probably could have lived that way as a bouncer or personal trainer in the 80's - mid 90's. Any place that is now popping in NYC is going to cost a fortune. I know young guys with good jobs that are living with 2-3 roommates, till they find a girl and move in with her.  Those relationships usually fail because now they're both busting their ass.

Forget having a car usually, parking fees are $300 - 400 for a safe place in the city. On street parking is a big pain in the ass. Driving in general is :(.

Your supermarket food bill will probably go up 30% over what your paying now in the city proper. A lot of younger folks wind up going to the outer boroughs to get food, etc.....

All that awesome nightlife you heard about? Mostly gone because of - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Cabaret_Law . They repealed them last year, but I doubt the club scene will be coming back.

There is some cool stuff, like the museums, libraries, galleries, etc.... , but if that's not your thing than :(. And you can still find great food, and there are beautiful women of all flavors.

New York was / is great if you have real money to enjoy it, are in a field like entertainment, or are old enough to remember the fun things back in the day. But most folks just wind up regular working stiffs just like everybody else :).

Fucking this. I'm assuming he was being sarcastic about living in Manhattan...

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Don't move to Manhattan unless you can afford it. Odds are, you can't.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You can't own a car in Manhattan. No where to park it. Traffic is so heavy it's better to walk or use public transportation. Rents are through the roof. Many people who work in Manhattan live in NJ.

The positives is that without a doubt NY has the best food in the world. You can find any ethic food you want made by legit people from that country. Once you live there you will quickly realize how crappy food is in the majority of states in the US. Having something as simple as a bagel will ruin you for one outside of NY/NJ area. Also the city never sleeps. 24 hours something is going on. The salaries there are the highest anywhere. I knew a woman who was a personal trainer who got connected and she was making sick money.  Then again she knew the ins and out of how to maneuver the rich people and also the gyms that keep outside trainers out. The city is really exciting but it is exhausting. Just being in crowds all the time tires me out. Since no one owns a car you notice most people living in Manhattan are thin. You would think fat slobs are everywhere but it's the opposite. Also the hottest women anywhere dressed to kill are all over Manhattan trying to make it. The bar scene is incredible. Someone mentioned the Cabaret law. Don't worry about it. It just says of you serve liquor and have a dance floor you need a special license. Clubs are everywhere. Bars are on every block.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Doubt I could stand the crowds for long.  I'd give the nightlife a try, maybe it's evolved, but tbh never enjoyed the scene even when I was young.  If I make the trip it'll be for the museums, the Italian, and the 1&only 1MR.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee

What part of Cali did you leave weren't you in San Diego? That beats the hell out of LA. Laguna and newport would be a great place to raise a family for a guy in his 30's....right now just too slow for me.
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
Have you spent time in either Chicago or Dallas? Each has upsides and downsides, but they both have genuine people and that may be what you need most of all right now. Plus each has a big city feeling and pulse but admittedly not at the level of NYC or LA. Plus your money goes FAR in both those cities. There’s no place like New York for excitement though. I lived there 3 years in my 20s and don’t regret those years a bit. The problem is there’s a high likelihood that the excitement will wear off and it will be like LA is for you now and you will probably want to move on again. No money in the bank, no house, dirty streets. But maybe take that chance anyway and get it out of your system. Sorry there are mixed messages here but also check out Chicago and Dallas if you have not done so already.

Neither one but I heard amazing things about Chicago. Glad to know you didn't regret those years in your 20's. Not owning a house isn't a huge deal for me because its not like Im going to buy property in LA any time soon anyways. A nice house (only 3000 square feet even) in a nice area your looking at 1.5 million.
l

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee

So the nightlife is dead in new york  ::)   
l